PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Ep.3

PIT
Jan 23, 2008, 04:28 AM
I've been thinking a bit yesterday. Thinking about almost 8 years of playing PSO before i understood what i'm stepping upon. That's mainly what got me this far in my conclusions. Enjoy:

So the main thaught is - there's going to be a third episode of PSU. What's so special about it? I'm 99% positive, that there'll be a 4th planet in it. What's more important, the name will probably start on "R..."

Okay, it may sound like nothing new to you because of boomas in AotI and weapons well known from PSO. But it will be actually connected by the story, not by a dimentional rift, just to make PSO players happy. How?

Here you go, i think it's quite obvious, but it's worth typing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

In the original PS series there were 4 planets, out of which 3 were suprisingly similiar to those in Gurhal system:

-> Palma - Parum
The enviroment isn't much different. Yet there's one fact, which would help setting PSU on a PS timeline. Palma was destroyed because of Gaira. So PSU must be set before the PS series.

-> Motavia - Moatoob
This one is more complex. In the beginning it was a desert planet. Brings PSU's Moatoob to mind, doesn't it? But the climate has changed when it changed its orbit. The Mother Brain climate control program changed it into a green planet. Yes, we meet Mother Brain in AotI. In case you don't know, Mother Brain was a supercomputer which controlled the climate of Algol's planets. Later on after the destruction of Climate Control Center the planet started to turn slowly back into a desert planet it was before.

-> Dezoris - Neudaiz
The name sounds different. But wait, does it? Or does "New Dezoris" come to your mind? This one is tricky, in PS it was an icy planet inhabited by intelligent green life forms. In PSU we have a boautifull planet full of water, inhabited by intelligent life forms, which now look more human. Also on Dezoris there was a place called Esper Mansion, which was kept in secret and heavily guarded, much like the Pavilon of Air. In both of them you met a guy named Lutz, who was reincarnated a lot of times. If you don't remember a guy named Lutz in PSU, try thinking in japanese. How would you write Lutz? Wouldn't it be something like Rutsu? Izuma Rutsu.

Things that match are planet names, climates and such.
Things that don't match for me is the timeline, which is hard to set. There's usually something called "New" after something that's old, so on the other hand Neudaiz shows that PSU should appear after PS on the timeline. Also NuMen were created in the story of PS and they already exist in PSU.

Now for the grand finale:

-> Rykros - RAGOL
Artificially created planet, which came close to Algol system every 1000 years to warn Algolians, that Profound Darkness seal is weakening. All we know, is that the planet was mostly green and there were strange crystals on it. Mine on Ragol? I guess it makes sense. As far as I can remember, in one of PS3's endings Alisa III crashlanded on some planet. On one of its sections were sealed all the Profound Darkness worshipers and the Profound Darkness itself. It is possible, that we know it as Ruins from PSO. Both Pioneers must have landed on Ragol while it was away from Algol, knowing that Dark Falz was released because of human stupidity. That's probably why other planets weren't mentioned. They've never seen them, because they might have been far away from Algol. Still we have items like Prophet of Motav. It could be just a slight help in uderstanding the Phantasy Star ways http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I don't know if i've convinced you, but it sounds damn good to me. I still do love PSO and i always will http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Thanks for reading this

Snitch
Jan 23, 2008, 04:34 AM
Long live PSO!! (I miss my dreamcast chrs in online action T_T)

vfloresjr24
Jan 23, 2008, 04:35 AM
Very interesting stuff you post here. I hate to be a asshole but did you look around in the threads??? The is a topic already on this type of subject and I think coping and pasting this to that topic would save flames on here. Just a thought but I really do like reading this type of stuff.

PIT
Jan 23, 2008, 04:40 AM
Sorry, i wasn't around this forum for quite some time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'

well, i just thought it would be a good idea to make a new thread, so that anyone would actually read it

Snitch
Jan 23, 2008, 04:47 AM
I liked it alot.. Im too lazy to dig into such things myself.. :S ( same with the Zelda for example) I hope Gametrailers make an PS , PSO, PSU Retrospective http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PIT
Jan 23, 2008, 05:02 AM
who wants to give me $10 if i'm right xD

Fafnir
Jan 23, 2008, 05:03 AM
Hopefully, at some point, PSU has you exploring an ancient, dead pioneer 2(mabey 1? Or even both?), with nothing but your photon saber and a crew of security droids to keep you company in the dark, abandoned corridors.

I actually had an idea for a PSU fanfic involving pioneer 1 and 2...

PIT
Jan 23, 2008, 05:17 AM
i hope this will help you in putting some uber depth into it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

PIT
Jan 28, 2008, 10:54 AM
Sorry about the double post, but I've got a little update.

I've been "refreshing my memory" on PS4 lately. What I've found there, seems quite interesting.

A character named Rika joins you in the story. She's a newman created in an ancient bioplant by a pretty old computer. The point is - she might be either one of the first newmen in Algo history, or the last newman created by the ancient civilisation, which could be Gurhal's people.

What's more interesting, she's been created by a computer named Seed.

Shocked me pretty hard >.>

Kanore
Jan 28, 2008, 01:06 PM
You're all looking into this too hard to try and link all PS together. Lots of things are just homages and references, not necessarily putting all stories into the same Universe. In a sense, all of what was Phantasy Star was put into Universe, but all of Phanatasy Star's story isn't combined into Universe.

Also, isn't one of the lobbies following Space Port called 'Dark Planet Ryucross'? There's your Rykros homage. Ragol is VR Ragol.

PIT
Jan 28, 2008, 02:00 PM
sorry, i'm not wealthy enough to play online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Anduril
Jan 28, 2008, 02:28 PM
I'm going to put my opinion on this. Most likely all the PS's are linked just due to the fact that they are a single series, though not necessarily a single continuity or canon. Though with this introduction of Ryucross they may be pulling a Unicron on us with the Profound Darkness/Dark Force, ie. a single entity that spans across dimensions. Though I have to admit Sinue's Photon Memeory theory is pretty good too.

Kanore
Jan 28, 2008, 02:41 PM
On 2008-01-28 11:28, Anduril wrote:
I'm going to put my opinion on this. Most likely all the PS's are linked just due to the fact that they are a single series, though not necessarily a single continuity or canon.

Yes, but topics like these focus on the latter.

And I'd like to, like most of these topics, bring up Final Fantasy with the Chocobos, Moogles, and airships.

McLaughlin
Jan 28, 2008, 02:47 PM
You know, the JP players already have a new planet, called (Dark) Ryucross.

This has been covered several thousand times, and by this evening Sinue will arrive to make you feel like an idiot with his vast knowledge.

Just a heads up.

Anduril
Jan 28, 2008, 02:52 PM
On 2008-01-28 11:47, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

This has been covered several thousand times, and by this evening Sinue will arrive to make you feel like an idiot with his vast knowledge.

Just a heads up.

If he doesn't show up in this thread I will be throughly suprised. His ideas always open my eyes a little more to this Star we call Phantasy.

PIT
Jan 28, 2008, 04:53 PM
On 2008-01-28 10:06, Kanore wrote:
You're all looking into this too hard

please, don't kill my fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Pikku
Jan 28, 2008, 05:37 PM
They can be linked but not the same Universe.
Look at the PSO items that are in PSU. It already states (Even on the Guld Millas that arent even out yet) that all of these items were found in the Relics and came from another Dimension.
BUT The next thing that puzzle me is the Sato/Shato. The description on that one say it was made in the image of ancient technology... same for the Crea Items that look like old Sabers and even the Creasword/saud that look like Olga Flow's sword...
This puzzles me a bit.

Sinue_v2
Jan 28, 2008, 08:24 PM
All we know, is that the planet was mostly green and there were strange crystals on it. Mine on Ragol?

No Mans Mines in PSO was a massive military construction plant. They weren't really mines at all - and there were no crystals in them. Rykros, however, was entirely crystaline. There was no discernable soil as you would commonly see it.

Both Pioneers must have landed on Ragol while it was away from Algol, knowing that Dark Falz was released because of human stupidity.

Ragol orbited a fixed star, and had two moons. (This part does match up with one of PSIII's endings). It wasn't part of a binary system. Also, the Pioneer project was just a cover to investigate the planet which was the apparent origin of a meteorite which contained photon energy that had crashed into Coral.

she might be either one of the first newmen in Algo history, or the last newman created by the ancient civilisation, which could be Gurhal's people.

Rika was a clone of Nei, created after GENE had renewed the NM project. GENE was creating Numen for their original goal - as biosoldiers capable of wiping humanity in it's entirety out. After Wren, Demi, Nei, and a young Chaz destroyed GENE - a subsystem in "Birth Valley" called SEED took control of the project, but this time modified the goal of the Numan project to promote a superior species by loading Rika down with beneficial genes to be passed on. She was a breeding partner, more or less. After she left Birth Valley, SEED destroyed himself to keep his out of control systems from creating more biomonsters.

Rika was not enough alone to create a new race, as what makes her distinctly Numan would have become muted over the generations. Chaz and her son "Rui" shows the muting of Numan traits - as he looks pretty much human, but with slightly pointed ears - more like Laia's (from PSU) than Rika's.

Yeah, sorry, I'm kind of an asshole/dork like that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But if you really want to be humbled, head over to PSCave or talk to some of the guys from the old communities. They had/have some pretty mind boggling discussions over really finite points of the story. Meria, for instance, knows a lot more than me - but he doesn't post in these topics much.

seph_monkey
Jan 29, 2008, 12:57 AM
yea we had a conversation about this a while back its pretty interesting (imo) if you wanna check it out. if your looking for answers youd probabily find it here

http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=165686&forum=20&29

PIT
Jan 29, 2008, 01:35 PM
ok, you were right, i feel like an idiot now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif