PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Any Lv 60-70s (Decrease in EXP from Protectors A to S)

RegulusHikari
Jan 23, 2008, 04:29 PM
Something here I think you all should know.

This is the EXP I gained (at lv 62) from a Polty on A.
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w269/Regulus_stopusingmyname/PSU/Arankexp.jpg

This is the EXP gained on S rank
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w269/Regulus_stopusingmyname/PSU/Srankexp.jpg

Reduced EXP for low levels hits HARD on this mission. At B4, I gained around 680 from the Seekers (where I normally gained in the 750 range on A rank). Anyone who wants to powerlevel should keep this in mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RegulusHikari on 2008-01-23 13:54 ]</font>

pikachief
Jan 23, 2008, 04:31 PM
back to A runs i go http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif lol

RegulusHikari
Jan 23, 2008, 04:32 PM
Yea, I noticed a big spike in the amount of total EXP gained. On the Magas route, I went from 1 and 1/2 levels to just under one full level. It makes a big difference.

CelestialBlade
Jan 23, 2008, 05:06 PM
Almost the same EXP, but better drops. I still did S-rank.

Dragwind
Jan 23, 2008, 05:30 PM
Hmm, very odd. Thanks for bringing that up, I was noticing something odd when an alt went from A to S on that mission.

pikachief
Jan 23, 2008, 05:34 PM
yea i think im gona stay on S anyways, i missed getting S ranks lvling up my 2 alts D:

Umberger
Jan 23, 2008, 05:37 PM
It's been a known fact for a long time now that being 30 levels under the enemy causes a penalty, and I believe each subsequent level causes more of a penalty.

pikachief
Jan 23, 2008, 05:38 PM
also i dont mind, my lvl 61 AT can solo this on S http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rasputin
Jan 23, 2008, 05:39 PM
Umberger speaks the troof. I had almost forgot about that until I reached 60 with my alt the other day. Momentary confusion, then clarity! Course, I still run S anyway. Better drops > Exp.

Billy960
Jan 23, 2008, 05:46 PM
You still level fast anyways and the amount of EXP goes up usually around 30 or more points per level so I think by 65 S rank gives more EXP than A...

HandOfThornz
Jan 23, 2008, 07:28 PM
On 2008-01-23 14:37, Umberger wrote:
It's been a known fact for a long time now that being 30 levels under the enemy causes a penalty, and I believe each subsequent level causes more of a penalty.

O.O
lol, i did'nt know that and i've been playing for over a year! hehe

BFGfreak
Jan 23, 2008, 07:47 PM
So if I'm a 92, and don't care about rares, would it be better to go through A or S?

RegulusHikari
Jan 23, 2008, 07:53 PM
S, definitely. This really only pertains to the people in the 60-70 range.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 23, 2008, 08:17 PM
the issue is that the game penalizes you for being low level by limiting your XP. If you need MP and XP you are better off in S. if not, A is the route to go.

Sinue_v2
Jan 23, 2008, 08:33 PM
Which is actually a really good idea IMO, because it allows lower level people to party up with their higher lvl friends but dissuades power leveling. (which is somewhat destroyed by massive XP events anyhow, but whatever). At least it's more of an "inclusionary" system rather than a "exclusionary" system where it penalizes all players in the party with severely reduced XP if one of the members is outside of a set level range like some online RPGs do.

You still level fast anyways and the amount of EXP goes up usually around 30 or more points per level so I think by 65 S rank gives more EXP than A...

Even so, enemies on A are easier to defeat than S-Rank enemies. You can defeat more of them in a shorter amount of time than you could on S-Rank unless you're depending on your team-mates to carry you. And even then, you're probably just going to be tagging for lower XP anyhow rather than getting a fair share of the killing blow XP. So overall I'd say it's better to just stick with A runs until you're in the 80+ range unless you're going for MP/drops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-01-23 17:41 ]</font>

GreenArcher
Jan 24, 2008, 07:37 AM
Yep.

Or in my case, on my newearl Techer alt, A rank not only gives slightly better (faster) experience, but I don't get thrown around like a rag doll like I do on S (okay maybe a little on A >_>)

Sora_Psu
Jan 24, 2008, 11:00 AM
im glad u pointed this out because i was just telling a friend last night that it felt like it was taking my alt (which is 73) longer to level up in S than it did my main( lvl 120). i thought it was because of some slow teams i was in, but i guess this is proof that i was right

Sora_Psu
Jan 24, 2008, 11:00 AM
im glad u pointed this out because i was just telling a friend last night that it felt like it was taking my alt (which is 73) longer to level up in S than it did my main( lvl 120). i thought it was because of some slow teams i was in, but i guess this is proof that i was right

Sora_Psu
Jan 24, 2008, 11:01 AM

Jasam
Jan 24, 2008, 12:10 PM
The A->S exp drop slowly becomes less notable... but takes quite a while bedore the exp/s rate recovers.

Stick to A, get anouther quick 20 levels, then move to S when you can actulay be of use, and kill things fast enough to make it worth hunting for stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

desturel
Jan 24, 2008, 04:31 PM
On 2008-01-23 17:33, Sinue_v2 wrote:
you're probably just going to be tagging for lower XP anyhow rather than getting a fair share of the killing blow XP.

Using Killer Shot on the Robot route, I was getting more than my fair share of killing blows. I started pissing off the group I was with by saying "+825 for me -1117 for you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif" Of course these are guys I run with all the time so it was all in good fun.

Sure I was getting less EXP than I was on A runs, but I did get an Orpa/Legs and Muzzlefever from it (not that muzzlefevers aren't cheap as dirt right now, but free is free).

Zorak000
Jan 24, 2008, 09:22 PM
I have known about this (and have been talking about it) since "Cost of Research" first came out. I tried to level my alts(~lv50) on S2(lv90-100 monsters) and discovered that very fact.