PDA

View Full Version : Young Men are Evil

Abashi76
Jan 24, 2008, 02:16 AM
Seeing as every guy out there is allowed to say any terrible shit that vilifies women when ever he feels like it, why shouldn't I be allowed to talk about men?

I hate the hypocrisy of these masaginists. They bitch about how they can't insult women but women can insult them, yet its the complete opposite of what I've experienced.

Guys my age are always slandering girls and women, saying that they are all evil, that they deserve to be bitch slapped, etc... When I even make a remote criticism of their sexist viewpoints, I get screamed at by the top of their lounges.

You F!@#ing young men (at least in CA) can say whatever the hell you want about the female sex, even encouraging other guys to beat up their girl friends, or praising somebody that did so. Yet if anybody criticizes the behavior of the male gender, that person is screamed at or worse!

What I hate more is that guys my age view their girl friends' as property. They refer to her as 'my bitch' and they don't let any other guy to talk to her, or let her even communicate with anybody of the male gender. They claim that this is what every man must do, and that anybody who has a problem is an evil 'feminist nazi'. They believe that they are morally superior, and that is their moral duty to slap her whenever she misbehaves, and every guy is encouraged to do so.

Guys never listen to female musical artists or watch female comedians, even though women/girls will listen to male musical artists and male comedians. The lyrics of music directed towards young males is always disdainful towards the female sex, saying that they are evil bitches, backstabers, and even glorifying commiting acts of violence against them such as 'slap my bitch up' and other lyrics.

Whats interesting, despite what you !@#$ing masaginist claim, its actually you that preach hate. There is not very much hatred directed towards you from the female sex,especially not from the girls. Members of the female sex actually do criticize their own sex, but when they say something negative about the male sex, they are automatically evil feminist nazis. While members of the male sex never criticize their gender, all they do is bash and hate members of the female sex. Men are so one-sided...

[spoiler-box]Its totally legal to beat a woman half to death in San Diego (glorified), even though in the same city a woman will go to jail for merely spitting on a man. Of course, this sexism is due to the fact that San Diego is a racist upscale puritanical military city.[/spoiler-box]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Abashi76 on 2008-01-23 23:17 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skuda on 2008-01-24 00:39 ]</font>

Siertes
Jan 24, 2008, 03:18 AM
Your post must really be directed at those CA boys, cause it just comes off as sounding ignorant to me. I really hate rants like this that lump all men/women together, as if we all share these traits you hate so much.

Now I can take criticisms of my gender as long as it doesn't boil down to hostile, ignorant statements. Women should also be able to take criticism of their behavior without labeling the men as sexists. Nothing worse than women who don't truly want equality, but simply want special treatment.

For the guys who see their GF as property, well they're trash and most people know it, but don't think it doesn't go both ways. I'm sure there are plenty of women who simply see their BF as their current meal ticket. Regardless of gender, people use others for selfish reasons.

Of course, most of your hate seems to be directed at men in your own area and I can understand that. I'd just suggest to try and put that point across better.

Micki_Monday
Jan 24, 2008, 03:42 AM
LOL omg here here!! I tooooooooootally agree with every single word you said. I live in CA as well and I know exactly what you're saying. All these little emo brats DO just view women as property. The only reason they say all women are evil is because they get dumped from not only being a selfish jerk in the first place, but because they also only want the hottest, youngest, sluttiest girls. They wanna have sex with the 15-17 year olds, but then whine and cry when their dumb girlfriends find another asshole who's only pretending to treat them better. Then they pick up their guitars and play bad and weak music about how all women are bitches and sluts.

The absolute WORST are the ones that actually think women have all the power, and men are just sadly mistreated. Which is a total crock of shit. The only reason they ever feel that way is because they cant get that really uber hot, fake titty, girl they they really want. They totally choose to ignore all the fat normal girls who have been constantly told by everything from birth that you will never be worth anything if you are not pretty and have a boy like you.

When girls cheat on guys, it's usually for a certain reason. It's because the guy was being a selfish, condescending ass, who made them feel bad. So, when another ass acts like he's more decent (which he's not..they just act nice and sweet until they actually nail the girl. Then they go back to being a selfish jerk.) they sometimes stray.
Nevermind that these girls usually arent the brightest bulbs on the tree.. but what guy wants someone who might actually have a brain, and not need to let the guy run the whole relationship, huh? Guys dont even look at girls who arent weak minded. Even if they do, they dump her once they find out they cant force her into all their little hobbies, or just buy them cute lil teddy bears with pink hearts to keep them happy.

So here's kudos to you for making this topic lol. It'll prolly get mass flamed, but atleast you got another girl on your side who knows what's up.

Siertes
Jan 24, 2008, 09:07 AM
On 2008-01-24 00:42, Micki_Monday wrote:

When girls cheat on guys, it's usually for a certain reason. It's because the guy was being a selfish, condescending ass, who made them feel bad. So, when another ass acts like he's more decent (which he's not..they just act nice and sweet until they actually nail the girl. Then they go back to being a selfish jerk.) they sometimes stray.
Nevermind that these girls usually arent the brightest bulbs on the tree.. but what guy wants someone who might actually have a brain, and not need to let the guy run the whole relationship, huh? Guys dont even look at girls who arent weak minded. Even if they do, they dump her once they find out they cant force her into all their little hobbies, or just buy them cute lil teddy bears with pink hearts to keep them happy.

You make it sound like women are the saints in all relationships and anything wrong they do, relationship wise, is a man's fault in some way. Give women a bit more credit. They aren't always the helpless victims of a male dominated society.

If someone cheats in a relationship, man or woman, the simple truth is that they found someone whose company they enjoy more than their current partner, and they weren't adult enough to end their relationship beforehand, but assuming the whys of every or most cases of cheating like you have heard about and experienced them all is just plain unfair. I mean let's be fair about this, how many real life stories have you heard in person about cases of cheating and received full details on the whys and how? Obviously enough to warrant such an all encompassing view on the situation it seems...

When it comes to guys not wanting a woman with an actual brain, I think every individual deserves to be an individual. Don't lump me together with random Guys A and B just because we all have a fucking penis. I am my own person with my own desires independent of what society may tell me I want or need in a partner. Just because you have lived around and heard about these terrible men your whole life, please realize that people are still individuals. If you can't respect that I am my own person, separate from this proverbial herd of unrighteous men, then you don't respect me at all. Just as these men's limited view may see a woman as an accessory to use and throw away, your limited view simply sees me as a walking dick ready to piss you off and betray you. With all these assumptions flying around, I'll be surprised if you ever notice a decent person when they show themselves.

Scrub
Jan 24, 2008, 09:18 AM
I literally wrote three posts and couldn't submit them, because I realized I'd get, at the least, a warning for 'flaming.'

So, in short, LOL NO. There are plenty of good, intelligent, kind men out there, you just don't give them the time of day because they aren't good looking.

If you disagree with that statement, you are wrong. No question.

CupOfCoffee
Jan 24, 2008, 10:01 AM
It's sad that you (original poster) have obviously had such bad personal experiences, and I'm not going to try to give you some big "NUH UH!!!" lecture because it's pretty obvious that you're just venting and angry. You would have to be extremely low on the smart scale to think that every instance of the entire male gender's behavior can be explained with misogyny. I mean, yeah, there are disrespectful assholes out there who are unapologetically misogynistic, but obviously every single man in the entire world isn't the same. She knows that. 'Sonly a rant, don't everybody get so worked up.

omegapirate2k
Jan 24, 2008, 11:07 AM
On 2008-01-24 06:18, Scrub wrote:
I literally wrote three posts and couldn't submit them, because I realized I'd get, at the least, a warning for 'flaming.'

So, in short, LOL NO. There are plenty of good, intelligent, kind men out there, you just don't give them the time of day because they aren't good looking.

If you disagree with that statement, you are wrong. No question.

Also, if you'll notice, the nicer guys aren't as noticeable at any social outing, usually the jerks are the ones who are getting all the attention, no?

Or maybe it's just that all the young men in California are misogynist pricks who get off on objectifying women, or wait, I'm sorry, "Their bitches".

ABDUR101
Jan 24, 2008, 11:11 AM
There are assholes, users, and abusers everywhere, men and women.(I've seen my fair share of both locally; guys who go after girls who don't know any better, and girls who take advantage of nice guys and then dump them when they're bored and want something new. It goes both ways.) The funny thing is, you can pick up on these people very quickly just by seeing them with their friends and watching them interact with other people; if they don't treat other people like you'd expect to be treated, then guess what, odds are you won't get treated any differently. Issues arise when someone meets a new person, finds them attractive in some way, and rather than actually taking a nice chunk of time to get to know the person and not just the face/facade, they end up in a situation where they can be put in vulnerable situations in the relationship.(I.e. 'the bitch', which can be the man or woman, depending on who's taking advantage of who)

I think the OP's issue is where they live; they live in a shitty area and they haven't learned how to deal with the issues at hand.(This is what, the second post about San Diego they've made?) Personally, I suggest you learn to cope and deal with your surroundings, get used to how things are and realise that unless the majority of people in your area start standing up for themselves when it comes to being 'bitches' and 'property', nothing is going to change. Or second, just get the hell out of there whenever you can and forget about it.

Lumping everyone into your obscure view doesn't help, I'm sure in San Diego its not a 100% Asshole ratio, I'm sure there are good people there who end up having to change who they are just to fit in, otherwise they'll be the target of negativity and really, who wants that? I'd smear anyone locally who calls me a queer, but I'm not going to walk down the street in a rainbow jacket proclaiming I'm gay either. You don't invite trouble, you just deal with it accordingly when it finds you.

Overall, hope your venting helped, and if not I'd suggest a vacation...or a prescription medication as assigned by your doctor.

Allos
Jan 24, 2008, 11:28 AM
Jeez, next they'll want voting and property ownership rights too!

Abashi76
Jan 24, 2008, 01:56 PM
Micki_Monday:

Nm, this wasn't locked ^_^

Thank you for your reply, its reassuring that there are other viewpoints out there!

I think this dumping is a combination of two things:

1) Guys treat their girlfriend's as property to show off to their friends, and often abuse them while their at it. They won't even let them talk to other guys, as if they were property! Eventually some other guy roles along, like you said.

2) Girls are encouraged to seek a protector. They like to go for these tough popular guys who tend to be the type I'm talking about. There have been cases that girls would dump the nicer guy for the popular one, because it makes her feel safe.

This is a fairly complex issue, and its not because one gender is all the same and out to get the other. I think its time that the girls reform their tastes. As for guys' tastes, its time for those of them who hate girls/women to lets put it this way, bang their own sex! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ABDUR101:

Thanks for the advice ^_^

As for where I live, its not because its "shitty". In fact, San Diego is very upscale. The culture is what I find to be "shitty". People here are very provincial, narrow-minded, and jingoistic, which tends to includes the very traits I'm complaining about.

Homophobia is yet another add on to these guys who talk about how all girls and women are evil or they are sluts. Micki made a good point and explanation about all of this. These guys complain after they get dumped, and they hunt after these 'best looking' girls rather than the everyday ones.

As for the threats, we all know those were empty http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Abashi76 on 2008-01-24 11:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Abashi76 on 2008-01-24 11:01 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Jan 24, 2008, 02:28 PM
When I refer to your area being shitty, I wasn't referring to the city itself, I was referring to the people; obviously.

Again, if girls want to be treated like shit and not think for themselves, guess what, thats how they'll continue to get treated. If they continue to go after a 'protector', then they're just setting themselves up to be the victim all over again when the guy takes more and more control. Hi, mixed signals much? "Stand up for me, take care of me, do things for me" and then "Don't control me, don't tell me who to talk to, etc". If thats the case, yeah, if I were those guys I'd start banging my friends and not look back.

So again, you have to deal with it, accept that thats just how things are, and you'll either get over it, wisen up and not let it happen to you(and backhand any of your friends that keep falling into the routine of being the same idiot who has the same shit happen to them, let alone some dumbass who actually lets this shit happen to them.

If your choices come down to one dickwad or another, or being alone, well, feel free to weed through all the dickwads if you can't just be alone or move. And if you can't give a nice guy a chance, then guess what, I don't have any sympathy for any of you; keep dating the tough guy who will protect you one minute and then keep you under his beck and call.

Everyone will bitch "Guys will only date the sluttiest girls and ignore the average girl", well stop being dumb bitches and give the nice guys a chance, damn hypocrites. You're perpetuating your own problem.

xeku
Jan 24, 2008, 02:57 PM
You know...no offense.
But..uh....move?
Either that, or reexamine your current social environment - perhaps it's time to seek interaction/companionship elsewhere, and amongst others..
I mean, based on your recent posts, San Diego sounds like hell on earth.

Really, ABDUR101 sums it up quite nicely..
People like this exist everywhere - examine them, mark them, avoid them, and advise friends/family to do likewise (and learn to accept that this is a decision they must make for themselves).

Abashi76
Jan 24, 2008, 03:46 PM
On 2008-01-24 11:28, ABDUR101 wrote:
When I refer to your area being shitty, I wasn't referring to the city itself, I was referring to the people; obviously.

Again, if girls want to be treated like shit and not think for themselves, guess what, thats how they'll continue to get treated. If they continue to go after a 'protector', then they're just setting themselves up to be the victim all over again when the guy takes more and more control. Hi, mixed signals much? "Stand up for me, take care of me, do things for me" and then "Don't control me, don't tell me who to talk to, etc". If thats the case, yeah, if I were those guys I'd start banging my friends and not look back.

So again, you have to deal with it, accept that thats just how things are, and you'll either get over it, wisen up and not let it happen to you(and backhand any of your friends that keep falling into the routine of being the same idiot who has the same shit happen to them, let alone some dumbass who actually lets this shit happen to them.

If your choices come down to one dickwad or another, or being alone, well, feel free to weed through all the dickwads if you can't just be alone or move. And if you can't give a nice guy a chance, then guess what, I don't have any sympathy for any of you; keep dating the tough guy who will protect you one minute and then keep you under his beck and call.

Everyone will bitch "Guys will only date the sluttiest girls and ignore the average girl", well stop being dumb bitches and give the nice guys a chance, damn hypocrites. You're perpetuating your own problem.

Your right about this! ^_^

Girls go for the protector, and its not like they'll have that and their freedom at the same time. Guys go for girls that look hot, so they can tell their friends' "my biatch is hot", or whatever; and when she goes for an even better guy, he's all like "women are evil sluts, blah blah".

Girls: Enough with the protectors, try looking for guys that rely on you just as much or more than you rely on them.

Guys: Stop hating girls. Its not like you ever met a girl who was smart and had a mind of her own, did you?

If anybody cannot stand the other sex, just be gay. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Blitzkommando
Jan 24, 2008, 04:02 PM
I liked the little bit at the end calling the military a bunch of racists when in fact the military integrated before just about all other occupations and made racial (and sexist) attacks not only bad, but illegal and will result in job loss faster than you can say 'affirmative action'. Not only that, but having a dependent or spouse do it can have the same affect.

DizzyDi
Jan 24, 2008, 04:25 PM
OP seems really really ignorant. Stop generalizing, jesus christ.

omegapirate2k
Jan 24, 2008, 05:49 PM
On 2008-01-24 13:25, DizzyDi wrote:
OP seems really really ignorant. Stop generalizing, jesus christ.

I don't think she's doing it on purpose, mind you, it just seems that way.

Also, at the op, feel free to swear http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sord
Jan 24, 2008, 07:42 PM
don't generalize men has been repeated about a million times, not gonna bother typing a paragragh about that.

For the most part, it just sounds like your area. Get the hell out of there. I recomend looking for out of state colleges if you can. Soon as you're out of highschool (or if you are already out) head off to a higher education in a better area. It can be a lot of work, paper work for each one and searching for financial aid, but if it gets you out of there I would think it would be worth it.

Mystil
Jan 24, 2008, 11:15 PM
This 25 year old 'young man' can rant all day about the ridiculousness of women but guess what? All women aren't the same.

EphekZ
Jan 25, 2008, 12:03 AM
I love how the "Nice Guys" on the forum are getting all bent up because she's doing a little generalizing. It's obvious she's not on a crusade to spear every fucking guy. You're also just proving some of the things she said in her post correct. She says something about "men" and you get emo. Good Job.

anyway, to the OP, out of curiosity; Are you attracted to these men, or just making observations? If you're attracted to them, try dating guys that you seem less into. The guys you're really into are probably the pricks. If you're just making an observation, stop paying attention to men portrayed in the media, and find new friends. Surely, everyone in San Diego can't be all dicks.

Good luck.

Siertes
Jan 25, 2008, 12:24 AM
On 2008-01-24 21:03, EphekZ wrote:
I love how the "Nice Guys" on the forum are getting all bent up because she's doing a little generalizing. It's obvious she's not on a crusade to spear every fucking guy. You're also just proving some of the things she said in her post correct. She says something about "men" and you get emo. Good Job.

A "little" generalizing? Did we read the same post?

And I would have to disagree about how you're viewing the responses to this topic. Most were put forward in a semi-intelligent manner. Few are losing their cool and getting angry. And seriously, the term "emo" really is getting used way too loosely these days.

EphekZ
Jan 25, 2008, 12:38 AM
On 2008-01-24 21:24, Siertes wrote:

A "little" generalizing? Did we read the same post?

And I would have to disagree about how you're viewing the responses to this topic. Most were put forward in a semi-intelligent manner. Few are losing their cool and getting angry. And seriously, the term "emo" really is getting used way too loosely these days.

I will agree that my use of Emo, is a bit...unorthodox, for me it's turning into the new "gay" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Things is, her generalizing is justified. There are enough guys who treat women like shit. If it were just her experiencing this, then yeah, she would need to shut up. However, that's not the case. I'd rather not get preaching, but even in other countries women are treated like dirt, I.E. India. Men, are usually "higher" than women.
Here in America, a lot of people have the same views towards women. Wouldn't you say it's a little justified?

If you don't fit into her category, why complain about her views. Obviously, she's experienced this more often than not. Who are you to tell her that she shouldn't complain about the things she has experienced. After all, this is rants, no?

in the end, You don't know her, nor will you ever. You won't end up trying to date her or anything. If she applies this view to all men, then it's her loss.

Sord
Jan 25, 2008, 12:50 AM
On 2008-01-24 21:38, EphekZ wrote:
in the end, You don't know her, nor will you ever. You won't end up trying to date her or anything. If she applies this view to all men, then it's her loss.

you mean just like she doesn't know every guy in the world, and won't date them?

seriously, the whole "taking offense makes you look bad stuff" is old. If someone is insulted, even indirectly or with a blanket statement, of course they are going to respond negatively to the comment that is applied to them but shouldn't have. This is the exact the reason why blanket statements are forbidden in the PSOW rules.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2008-01-24 21:50 ]</font>

thunder-ray
Jan 25, 2008, 03:35 AM
ill make this simple men and women are no different then the other. some guys can be evil at the same time some girls can be just as evil as the next guy. It really doesnt matter about the gender in a way its how the person is in reailty and the sad part about is when the guy/girl gets dumped or tricked out of smething or ends up being past over they sometimes end up turning into the person that doped them only to just end up doing that same thing to some nice guy/girl and possibly make them be that way just because it happened to them. So in a way the gender really doesnt matter its the way the person is and what he would do if it happened to him/her.

DizzyDi
Jan 25, 2008, 09:29 AM

I will agree that my use of Emo, is a bit...unorthodox, for me it's turning into the new "gay" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Things is, her generalizing is justified. There are enough guys who treat women like shit. If it were just her experiencing this, then yeah, she would need to shut up. However, that's not the case. I'd rather not get preaching, but even in other countries women are treated like dirt, I.E. India. Men, are usually "higher" than women.
Here in America, a lot of people have the same views towards women. Wouldn't you say it's a little justified?

If you don't fit into her category, why complain about her views. Obviously, she's experienced this more often than not. Who are you to tell her that she shouldn't complain about the things she has experienced. After all, this is rants, no?

No, her generalizing isn't justified. Just because she's ran into a few bad apples doesn't men the whole batch is rotten. And besides, its not like women are completely innocent. There are plenty of gold diggin, sex craving, men abusing, cock teasing, bitches out there. But I don't generalize all women as being that. A bitch is a bitch, a lady is a lady.
Even if this is rants and she has the right to post her opinions, as a poster in rants I also have the right to disagree with her opinions and post as such. Of course, as a man, I'm going to get offended his she generalizes all men as dogs when. Thats like telling me to not get offended if she started saying all black people are good for nothin but playing basketball and eating chicken. Its just ignorance, and ignorance is annoying.

AlexCraig
Jan 25, 2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks, Diz. I couldn't find the right words to say, but I am pretty sure you found them all.

MrNomad
Jan 25, 2008, 01:00 PM
There's good and bad on both men and women, just keep looking and you'll find the perfect lover!...Unless you're stuck with someone who beats you or controls you, or you're stuck with some nerd or ugly ass loser, then you're screwed I guess. Oh well, part your ways and try again? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

omegapirate2k
Jan 25, 2008, 01:02 PM
in the end, You don't know her, nor will you ever. You won't end up trying to date her or anything.

WAY TO GENERALIZE BUDDY, YEAH.

ShinMaruku
Jan 25, 2008, 01:31 PM
Humanity is a huge chunk of shit. :E
You must search for the gems and not pay attention to the fools becasue they are best used for exploitation.

Abashi76
Jan 25, 2008, 01:38 PM

anyway, to the OP, out of curiosity; Are you attracted to these men, or just making observations? If you're attracted to them, try dating guys that you seem less into. The guys you're really into are probably the pricks. If you're just making an observation, stop paying attention to men portrayed in the media, and find new friends. Surely, everyone in San Diego can't be all dicks.

Good luck.

Thank you for your support ^_^

Problem with San Diego is that it is a military/rich culture, people move in for two reasons:
1) They are involved with the military
2) They have a lot of money and are going to buy the expensive property down here

Because of this, its nearly impossible to find somebody who is a nice & unique person. People here are generally into sports, buying expensive items, and anything that has to do with guns or the military. Since I'm not this type of person, I can't make friends around here. People are all the same because this is an idealized community (for the upper class and the armed forces), its not a place where people 'just live'. People have a reason for being here, otherwise they wouldn't be. I'm an exception since I don't have a choice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Abashi76 on 2008-01-25 10:46 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Jan 25, 2008, 04:26 PM
Well, generally you just have to deal with it. You're not going to change them if thats what they know and expect out of life. If everyone who goes there makes use of everyone as property and another plaything, guess I'd be looking to date outside the community.

Really, if everyone there are stuck up, "I'm rich so I can do what I want", then I'm glad thats in San Diego, good, keep it there. I've never been there, so I don't know, but its harsh to make a sweeping statement about everyone there when odds are good you don't know everyone in the San Diego area, and its not right that you garnish every "young man" as being evil, or hold any sort of vindictive thoughts against others. You won't get far in life if you do that.

And in the end, if the people in that area are all rich bastards/bitches, again, better that they enjoy their own little cess pool corner of the world. Quarantine the infection, etc.

Allos
Jan 25, 2008, 07:42 PM
On 2008-01-25 10:38, Abashi76 wrote:

Thank you for your support ^_^

Problem with San Diego is that it is a military/rich culture, people move in for two reasons:
1) They are involved with the military
2) They have a lot of money and are going to buy the expensive property down here

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Because of this, its nearly impossible to find somebody who is a nice & unique person. People here are generally into sports, buying expensive items, and anything that has to do with guns or the military. Since I'm not this type of person, I can't make friends around here. People are all the same because this is an idealized community (for the upper class and the armed forces), its not a place where people 'just live'. People have a reason for being here, otherwise they wouldn't be. I'm an exception since I don't have a choice.

Really, are you K Morphos?

CupOfCoffee
Jan 25, 2008, 07:54 PM
K Morphos:
- claimed to live in California
- claimed to be a college student
- made several cross-thread posts about the same bizarre issues
- could not be convinced of anything
- liked anime, Japanese culture, etc

Abashi:
- exact same everything

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Retehi
Jan 25, 2008, 08:01 PM
You know, I was about to ask if that was her old account, and just forgot the password.

Micki_Monday
Jan 25, 2008, 11:18 PM
I'm always open to somebody changing my mind on the issue. It's just that noone ever has lol. I lived in alot of diff cities and states and I've never seen anything different sadly.
As for the "not good looking" issue..that's simply not true. there's plenty of women who go out with dorky looking men (I've dated a few XD). A man can get respect and love just by their actions or attitude. While a female on the other hand is not excepted period unless she's also hot.

Example:

A dorky looking nerd suddenly builds a rocket to fly to mars. He's now become a hero to the country and someone to be respected throughout history.

A dorky looking women builds a rocket to fly to mars and it's OMG!! She's so ugly LOLZ!!!1!!1 how many problems does she have that we can all trash her on??

You cant disagree that the only excepted image of women is just to be beautiful and skinny. And if you aren't, you're nothing and ignored. While men on the other hand DO in fact have several chances to be excepted without being good looking.
In the heart of Southern California..the ppl are very very vain lol. VERY VERY vain.. and there's soooo much plastic surgery here, then if you visit from a diff state, you might actually say you've never seen so many good looking ppl all in one place (which is a comment I have heard ppl say before), so in a (part of) the state where the majority of young girls all have breast implants, the ones that dont now look odd.
The young men all want the hot girls, but just become women haters most of the time when they cant get them or get dumped by them. In every job I've worked here, most all of the young guys from 18 to 26 have that mentality.. they want a pretty little trophy to make their friends jealous and who wont talk back to them when they act like a selfish jerk. Once you show them that you aren't a push over, they drop you and find someone easier with less of a brain (which has also happened to me several times lol. Even with guys I wasnt that interested in. They would start trying to win me over but then would give up quickly when they found out my legs couldnt be spread just because they bought me some McDonald's.).

I know several "nice guys". But my experience, not only with them, but also from other relationships I've observed, have all been the same. Once the "nice guy" gets laid, he just becomes a jerk. The grass always looks greener and he figures if he got one girl, he can get another. So if he doesnt need to put up with his current GF calling him a selfish jerk, he'll go get another. And the pattern repeats..

omegapirate2k
Jan 25, 2008, 11:25 PM
On 2008-01-25 20:18, Micki_Monday wrote:
While a female on the other hand is not excepted period unless she's also hot.

Not true! Personality is a huge part of attraction, atleast for me.

AlexCraig
Jan 25, 2008, 11:26 PM
In my experience, it has not been the appearance of the woman that made me love her. It was the qualities of her. The girl I'm dating now has a lot in common with me. We like a lot of the same things, we enjoy many of the same activities, and we connect well with one another. Being beautiful was merely an add-on. She is beautiful, but I love her because she is her, not because she is hot. And that is all I expect on the other end of the relationship.

Neither men nor women are evil. Naive, yes. Stupid, you bet your ass. But evil, not hardly.

ABDUR101
Jan 26, 2008, 12:13 AM
You cant disagree that the only excepted image of women is just to be beautiful and skinny.

It's "accepted", not 'excepted'. And yes, I do disagree. You people must meet this shittiest people or live in trashy areas, or maybe you exude something that makes guys not want anything to do with you.

I'm all for being with someone who is intelligent, an individual, gives and receives, but I sure as fuck don't want some stuck up, pompous loudmouth who's going to take a stab at me for every little thing; so don't make the mistake of thinking that guys don't want anything to do with you because you have a brain or are alittle overweight(or don't fit their bleached blonde and perfectly tanned body 'ultimate criteria'), if you're an overbearing bitch, guess what, I'll take the hot chick with shit for brains over someone who's going to be ignorant and put me down when they feel the need to put forth some man-rage.

Honestly, how the two of you are bad mouthing guys, you're not even painting a good picture of YOURSELF, and I sure as hell would'nt want anything to do with either of you if you're constantly berating and going off on your little anti-guy crusade. Maybe you should both take your advice and go lesbian, if you don't like guys attitudes or have had a bad history, try dating some like-minded wimmens as yourself. To me it sounds like you both need a break from men, so do yourselves a favor and play for the other team for awhile, you might surprise yourselves and actually find someone worth being with.

DonRoyale
Jan 26, 2008, 12:38 AM
OP, welcome to Earth, where every time you turn your head, someone's illogically bitching about how if you have boobs or a skin color that isn't white, or you're not into LOLBABYTIME, you're not considered human.

Or rather, pardon me, welcome to California.

However, as much as I'll support your anti-anti-feminist views that most of society have, I will not stand for you generalizing the male population of the world.

Are some of us dicks? Yes. Hello, it's human nature to make a mistake. Nobody's perfect, and measures of "perfection" aren't decided by boobs or dicks, either.

At the same time, I'll reiterrate what Scrub said, and tell you that if you're going to go after a guy for relations, don't expect a relationship. There are some people who go with women for relations, and some for relationships. Not saying this holds true for all guys, but a lot of guys that seem worth getting drunk to talk to probably aren't interested in relationships.

You're in California, ignorance capital of the world. (Hello, Hollywood...>.>) People flock there simply because it's a great social scene. You know what that really means? Social scene = good sex, which usually means no relationships, much less good ones.

You want relationships? Meet a guy outside of a club, or a social area. Meet someone who doesn't always take his shirt off or try to throw sexual suggestions at you.

Now, about the whole anti-woman thing...not all guys are like that. Some guys are lazy and don't have the mental capacity or patience (or sobreity) to respect women, but I have a lot of social friends who will always tell me, "You gotta be the boss, man, show her that you got the d@#$." I mean, I personally find that offensive to women, in addition to the "this guy pounds vag for fun" jokes I get from those guys, but they're socialites-they want relations, not relationships. Really, it's down to the image, and it's easy to tell. Image, despite how incorrect this SHOULD be, is in fact really a good way to determine someone's personality (ESPECIALLY in a heavy social scene like California). Sad, but true.

Do I think offending women is wrong? Yes. Women deserve to be treated like more than cattle. However, some people just don't understand that and want to call women vulgar, offensive labels. Trying to change them will get you shunned or beaten up, depending on your gender. Like I said, welcome to Earth. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

By the same token, I'm sick of all women thinking we're the bad guys. Part of why some guys leave women is because some are fed up with all the bitching we have to put up with, because frankly, I've had a bad instance myself. I refused a relationship with a woman because she was too constraining, put up horrendous demands that showed how jealous that girl was (she didn't want me to even TALK to other girls that we both knew I didn't think of that way, which was already too much for me to bear), and when I refused, she goes and bitches about how HER heart is broken, about how I'M the ass, meanwhile she can't realize how jealous she is.

I mean, I'm all for equality, but I'm one half of the equality equation, and honestly, too many times have I had instances where a lot of girls lump me in with the "cheating womanizer", when they know I'm kind, faithful and completely honest when it comes to that stuff, so really, as much as we chew you out, I'm sending out a message to women that some of you deserve it. (I say some. >.>) Just like some of us deserve the shit you throw at us. :

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 26, 2008, 11:24 AM
That really sucks that you had to have those experiences, but I wouldn't go on to say that you should say all dudes are assholes. I'll admit, it really pisses me off how there are us nice guys who are struggling to get a girlfriend because girls want the bad guy, and then the bad guy starts mistreating his girlfriend. I would love to go up to those kind of guys and just give them the nice, painful, ass kicking they deserve for mistreating a girl like that. At the same time, I'm aware that there are some girls who can also be bitches, and if my girlfriend is a bitch, guess what? I'm dumping her. I really don't have anything to say that hasn't been said before, there are nice guys, and there are assholes, there are nice girls, and there are bitches. Don't try to overgeneralize.

Oh yeah, I do want to add this though. Here in America, we criticize the people in the Middle East for their mistreatment of women. Yet, in your area, people are doing the same thing that the people in the Middle East are accused of doing. That's pretty f'd up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2008-01-26 08:29 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Jan 26, 2008, 11:34 AM
"Girls who want bad guys who want sluts." Gee! Nice circle there!

Again, no sympathy. Let them date all the 'tough guys', let them get used, and maybe after they've been banged/dumped long enough they'll start dating people who are actually decent. Ya know, its basically 'social selection', you don't keep dating dickheads if you don't want there to continue to be dickheads, date the shy/nice/subtle/dorky/whatever guys, then the dickheads will be like "Hey, something is amiss, maybe I should be a better person so someone will want to be with me."

As it stands now, if a jerk can be a jerk and still get as many stupid girls as he wants, not much incentive to change, is there?

"Gee, I can be a jerk, put them down, have sex with them until I'm bored, and then move on and they just keep lining up!" - thus why they think girls are dumb bitches, if you're just being a lamb to the slaughter, you sort of fit the bill.

DizzyDi
Jan 26, 2008, 03:26 PM
On 2008-01-26 08:24, Shiroryuu wrote:

Oh yeah, I do want to add this though. Here in America, we criticize the people in the Middle East for their mistreatment of women. Yet, in your area, people are doing the same thing that the people in the Middle East are accused of doing. That's pretty f'd up.

Pretty sure the women in California aren't getting hanged and getting their vaginas sliced up for disobeying their husband.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 26, 2008, 06:25 PM
Well, its a little less extreme, but you know what i mean, at least according to the OP. ._.

ABDUR101
Jan 26, 2008, 07:01 PM
On 2008-01-26 15:25, Shiroryuu wrote:
Well, its a little less extreme, but you know what i mean, at least according to the OP. ._.

I doubt there's a mass of women being brutalized in San Diego, and if they are and aren't making a federal case out of it, one must wonder, does it really even matter then?

If someone can come online and post about something on an internet game forum, I'm pretty sure they can send mass emails and correspondance to news agencies and federal government to bring the issue to a front to end it if its so bad.

Whats more likely, is its alot of exageration about just how bad it really is, most likely afew isolated cases that are third or fourth hand told.

rogue_robot
Jan 27, 2008, 03:51 PM
To the OP:

FYI, women are - by nature, not saying they can't overcome it - just as shallow as men. Women have idealized images of "sexy" "hot" guys they want above all else, just as men do of women. I certainly don't see any women lining up, drooling over the prospects of partnering with guys like me who are just barely overweight, but intelligent and actually care for an emotional commitment - but when it comes to the exact men so many women seem to complain about, always just looking for the next one-night-stand, there always seems to be a line a mile long behind them...

All humans are wired to seek out these idealized partners for evolutionary reasons - the idealized partners have a tendency to be healthier than potentials who are overweight, etc. It's just an inherent evil in all humans that some individuals learn to overcome.

It's unfortunate that you have had experiences as such, but the way you phrased your posts leaves little sympathy within me for you. At any rate, approaching the problem with an attitude like this certainly doesn't do homely women any favors - more of a disservice, really - it just serves to justify the very behaviors you're complaining about. It is quite possible - and, if homely women in general adopt attitudes like you've shown in your previous posts towards guys, very much probable - for a guy to have as bad of experiences with homely women as you claim to have with guys in general.

SJW89
Jan 28, 2008, 04:52 PM
I thought I'd never move to California. Here I come, San Diego! Psyche. I don't hit women because they know already when NOT to cross the line with me. I just leave their asses out on the street. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 28, 2008, 07:53 PM
The relational interplay between men and women is a rather complex thing, and the incredible quantities of free time that are associated with youth only complicate things further.

The simplest facet of the problem is that stupid people breed more. A single idiot guy is likely to find several idiot gals, and over the course of years, impregnate all of them, thus creating a new generation of idiot guys and gals, who lack the guidance and benefits of intelligent parents with the foresight to plan ahead and teach them functional priorities and values. This is not the whole of the problem, though it is fundamental to its existence.

Men tend to seek out women who have traits that are similar to their mothers'. Women tend to seek out men who have traits that are similar to their fathers'. If you encounter a woman whose father was largely absent in her childhood, it is a certainty that she will be associated with a guy who treats her in much the same way-- only spending as much time with her as he needs to get what he wants out of her, and possibly going to another woman in the mean time, to do the same with her. Just the same, if a man's mother was domineering and controlling to an excessive degree, then he will invariably find a woman that does the same. That's the basics. There's worse to come.

Young women are incredibly malleable on an emotional level. To a certain degree, men can exhibit this as well, but this sort of thing is shown most strongly in women. In either case, a single traumatic event can have a massive impact on the future relationships of an individual. A person's sexual preference can be determined entirely by a single inappropriate action by another person, when done at a young age. That sort of thing can also lead to a long life of disastrous relationships. It's unfortunately common that a girl will be raped and/or molested between the ages of 4 and 8, possibly many times, and winds up putting herself in relationships or social arrangements that will invariably result in being sexually abused or otherwise raped. This comes out of a subconscious desire to gain control over the initial experience(s) that screwed her up to begin with. The ugliest part of this, is that this sort of behavior crops up no matter whether or not the subject can consciously remember the unfortunate events that caused them.

Whereas men usually need a traumatic or on-going event to significantly alter their behaviors (men tend to be less emotionally oriented in their behavior, which, oddly enough, tends to make them more emotionally stable-- general rule, not without exceptions), women can develop errant behaviors from relatively small things. There are a great deal of unscrupulous men that take advantage of this, though they may not realize what they're doing. It's said it's as though assholes have a "radar" of sorts that seeks out vulnerable young women to take advantage of. While I don't know about all that, what I do know, is that an older man has quite a bit of power over a younger woman. While it is undoubtedly more complicated than this, the apparent nature of the problem is that the young woman is flattered that she has demonstrated the ability to attract a much older man, but she is unfortunately ignorant of the fact that the reason he has come to her, is that he is simply too much of a loser to attract women his own age. Once the relationship has been established, he's locked in, and she'll pretty much do, think and say whatever he wants.

This is the worst sort of a relationship. In both cases, one has idealized the other, and neither lives up to the fantasy. For as long as it is going smoothly, the asshole is the gallant knight, provider and protector. The young woman, on the other hand, is a hot little prostitute and sandwich-maker, possibly with some varying qualities that the asshole finds appealing. Because he is a brute, she finds herself unable to challenge his power when the relationship starts going downhill. She doesn't leave, because of the control he exhibits over her-- he has filled her mind with beliefs that there is nothing for her in the world, outside of what he provides. With this failsafe in place, he treats her however he damned well pleases, and extradition is unlikely without some outside interference, such as her father, another man, or law enforcement.

Abashi, Socrates would describe the men you speak of as being controlled primarily by the Appetitive part of their souls; as opposed to the Rational or Spirited parts. They make their decisions on a whim, choosing that they believe will be the fastest route to bodily satisfaction, rather than choosing what will be just or honorable. They are not a favorable sort, and simply enough, it sounds to me like you just need to find some different social circle.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 28, 2008, 07:59 PM
So young, so angry.

Damn that rap music.

Yes, that is a serious post. There is a good amount of rap on these days that promote that kind of crap. Along with pop culture, MTV, and other things. I'm not saying everything else is innocent, just it's mostly R&B and rap doing this. With the wannabe "gangsters" (lolz), they feel like they're superior. No exceptions.

That's really all I have to say about that, since anything else I say has probably already been repeated.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 28, 2008, 09:07 PM
I submit that the music may assist in perpetuating the problem, but it's not the root of the problem, itself-- merely one of its results.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 28, 2008, 09:25 PM
On 2008-01-28 18:07, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
I submit that the music may assist in perpetuating the problem, but it's not the root of the problem, itself-- merely one of its results.

True, but it's sure as hell not helpful.

DizzyDi
Jan 29, 2008, 12:12 PM
On 2008-01-28 16:59, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
So young, so angry.

Damn that rap music.

Yes, that is a serious post. There is a good amount of rap on these days that promote that kind of crap. Along with pop culture, MTV, and other things. I'm not saying everything else is innocent, just it's mostly R&B and rap doing this. With the wannabe "gangsters" (lolz), they feel like they're superior. No exceptions.

That's really all I have to say about that, since anything else I say has probably already been repeated.

NO. NO. NO.
FUCKING NO.
Please don't start that bullshit.
This kinda behavior predates rap music. Men where still slappin bitches around WAY before any black person ever touched a mic. Hell, while we were still in chains women were catching backhands across the face.
To quote a rap song:
"They trying to blame rap music for all of our ills
Like I can stick you up with a mic
Like I can rape you with a verse or a use a verb as a knife
Like before Kool Herc everything was alright
Like I wasn't callin women hoes before Rapper's Delight."

Besides, its not liek Rap and R&B are the ONLY musical genres that degrade women. Rock, Country, and even Pop have done it AND STILL DO.
And its not like women themselves are helping out the situation. Like I said before there are PLENTY of women out there that present themselves as nothing but something to fuck.

If you blame anything, blame the radio stations and TV for not playing a balance of gangster and conscious music, instead of just hood rap 24/7.

SJW89
Jan 29, 2008, 11:40 PM
On 2008-01-28 16:53, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Men tend to seek out women who have traits that are similar to their mothers'.

I agree with this, because it's the first example and knowledge of love. Unfotunately, this doesn't apply to me.

Example:

My mother (In her best days when I was 5-8, not nowadays, where I no longer live with her)
Habits: Smoking, leaving me and sister home alone to buy cigarettes, drinking, spoiling me and my sister with rotten with super-expensive Christmas gifts, rambling
Pros: Caring, calm, good sense of humor
Cons: Irresponsible, unaffectionate, unreasonable
Random traits: "dirty blonde" hair, tall, shapely, dorky laugh,

My ideal girlfriend
Habits: Accepting phone calls, but not wanting to talk on the phone 24/7, wearing appropriate clothing that isn't revealing to passerby, not making offensive jokes, being affectionate in public and private, buying cheap gifts I don't feel guilty accepting, letting me pay for everything when I offer
Traits: red hair, blue eyes, tall, WOMANlike (not giggly and high-pitched), average body (maybe slightly chubby, like Mariah Carey chubby, not fat...), mature, dedicated

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SJW89 on 2008-01-29 20:44 ]</font>

SJW89
Jan 30, 2008, 07:07 AM
SJW89 wrote:
That was completely uncalled for, regardless of their actions, women deserve to be treated AT LEAST as well as men.

On 2008-01-29 20:51, AlexCraig wrote:
Wow. Simply wow. That was wholly uncalled for and a real dumbass statement. Did you even read the rest of the thread? I doubt it. If this is how you are going to talk, then don't.

Thank you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SJW89 on 2008-01-30 04:08 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 30, 2008, 12:11 PM
On 2008-01-29 20:40, SJW89 wrote:

On 2008-01-28 16:53, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Men tend to seek out women who have traits that are similar to their mothers'.

I agree with this, because it's the first example and knowledge of love. Unfotunately, this doesn't apply to me.

Example:

My mother (In her best days when I was 5-8, not nowadays, where I no longer live with her)
Habits: Smoking, leaving me and sister home alone to buy cigarettes, drinking, spoiling me and my sister with rotten with super-expensive Christmas gifts, rambling
Pros: Caring, calm, good sense of humor
Cons: Irresponsible, unaffectionate, unreasonable
Random traits: "dirty blonde" hair, tall, shapely, dorky laugh,

My ideal girlfriend
Habits: Accepting phone calls, but not wanting to talk on the phone 24/7, wearing appropriate clothing that isn't revealing to passerby, not making offensive jokes, being affectionate in public and private, buying cheap gifts I don't feel guilty accepting, letting me pay for everything when I offer
Traits: red hair, blue eyes, tall, WOMANlike (not giggly and high-pitched), average body (maybe slightly chubby, like Mariah Carey chubby, not fat...), mature, dedicated

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SJW89 on 2008-01-29 20:44 ]</font>

For what it's worth, your professed "ideal" woman may turn out not to be who find yourself with. Sometimes the similarities you find may surprise you, as well. My wife, for example, compares with my mother in that they both grew up with lots of siblings in low-income families, both have mildly feminist mothers, both strongly reject feminism, both are religious (granted, my mother is religious by obsession, my wife, by habit), both are happy and willing to cook, clean, and do the other things that wives traditionally do, and so on. Effectively, you'll discover that the woman you find and stay with, will have maybe just a couple of things that are very similar to your own mother, and the rest goes in a different direction, entirely.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 30, 2008, 12:12 PM
On 2008-01-29 09:12, DizzyDi wrote:

On 2008-01-28 16:59, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
So young, so angry.

Damn that rap music.

NO. NO. NO.
FUCKING NO.
Please don't start that bullshit.
This kinda behavior predates rap music. Men where still slappin bitches around WAY before any black person ever touched a mic. Hell, while we were still in chains women were catching backhands across the face.
To quote a rap song:
"They trying to blame rap music for all of our ills
Like I can stick you up with a mic
Like I can rape you with a verse or a use a verb as a knife
Like before Kool Herc everything was alright
Like I wasn't callin women hoes before Rapper's Delight."

Besides, its not liek Rap and R&B are the ONLY musical genres that degrade women. Rock, Country, and even Pop have done it AND STILL DO.
And its not like women themselves are helping out the situation. Like I said before there are PLENTY of women out there that present themselves as nothing but something to fuck.

If you blame anything, blame the radio stations and TV for not playing a balance of gangster and conscious music, instead of just hood rap 24/7.

I'm with you all the way on this.

I'm a dude who listens to Marilyn Manson, Black metal, death metal, etc, and our musical tastes may be different, but I still feel you on this. I hate it when people start blaming stuff like violent attitudes on music. Blame the idiots, not the artists. I listen to the music I listen to, and I'm perfectly normal, as are some of the people I know who listen to rap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2008-01-30 09:14 ]</font>

CupOfCoffee
Jan 30, 2008, 01:38 PM
Dizzy x5. Gah. The worst part about Nitro's post is that was made on a video game board--and video games are one of the other favorite scapegoat causes for violent behavior. Basically what I mean is that we here, of all people, should know better than to believe that appreciating some form of controversial entertainment translates into similarly controversial behavior. I'm not sure why even within more "enlightened" circles, music gets a particularly bad rap (no pun intended) for this. Pulp Fiction didn't make me want to go medieval on anybody, Grand Theft Auto didn't make me steal a car, and staring at Aztec art doesn't make me sacrifice someone. Why do people still assume that listening to angry music makes you want to do angry things?

icewyrm
Jan 31, 2008, 03:59 AM
On 2008-01-25 20:18, Micki_Monday wrote:
A dorky looking women builds a rocket to fly to mars and it's OMG!! She's so ugly LOLZ!!!1!!1 how many problems does she have that we can all trash her on??

A "dorky" woman who designed and implemented a vessel capable of long range space travel would be A: highly intelligent B: highly successful and C: would not rely on the opinions of less talented individuals in order to evaluate her own self worth.

Men insult women, women insult men, men insult men and women insult each other through circles of friends and other interesting methods. Negative treatment of individuals occurs between and inside each gender; the actual behaviour may differ but it is universally abhorrent.

I don't know about you, but I laugh at gender descrimination jokes, because I know that they are false - just like jokes about nazis or jews or [insert subject material here]. Being offended just means you are taking it seriously, which is giving it a validity it does not deserve.

So I guess all I'm trying to say is, the world is a lot bigger than it sometimes feels like, and you shouldn't let a bunch of local wankers get you down.

Abashi76
Jan 31, 2008, 03:44 PM
I think one of the troubles the female sex has around here is largely due to:

1) The ignorance of older women and the media about whats going on amongst the younger generations. Generally if they are getting involved with the youth's problems, its attacking sex, porn, anime, and rap music. As for solutions, they say we should all fear sex and only hang out with our gender, and of course we must all support the death penalty for sex related crime. People in the US are so stupid, and its always the clueless that get involved. The second any sane person gives an opinion, that person is demonized. Its all about talk and condemnation, without action.

2) American women worry more about prostitution being legal in Europe, and teenage sex being legal in Japan, than the status of the status of the female sex amongst the youngest generations. Nobody here cares about the fact that boys my age are all encouraged to beat up their girlfriends (most do it), and that girls commit high rates of suicide everyday. They rather attack the Japanese and Europeans for their lack of morality policing. And of course, obviously, attack and scapegoat me for my disagreements with them on morality.

STOP WATCHING TV!!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Abashi76 on 2008-01-31 12:48 ]</font>

rogue_robot
Jan 31, 2008, 05:15 PM
...a swing and a miss...

Yes, Abashi, while it's true that Americans are the biggest prudes in the world, and complain needlessly about the habits of other cultures, sexual or otherwise, to say that boys are encouraged to mistreat girls is a stretch of the truth on your part, and you know it. My dad would take me out behind the nearest woodshed if he ever caught me raising my hand against a girl/woman without just cause (as in, the girl/woman tried to kill me first), and he happens to be one of those military people you kept complaining about.

There are a lot of parents out there who ignore their kids, who, with no foundation of discipline on which to base decisions of morality, grow up believing anything goes - but rare is it that fathers take their boys aside and teach them to be malicious to women.

Abashi76
Jan 31, 2008, 08:54 PM
On 2008-01-31 14:15, rogue_robot wrote:
...a swing and a miss...

Yes, Abashi, while it's true that Americans are the biggest prudes in the world, and complain needlessly about the habits of other cultures, sexual or otherwise, to say that boys are encouraged to mistreat girls is a stretch of the truth on your part, and you know it. My dad would take me out behind the nearest woodshed if he ever caught me raising my hand against a girl/woman without just cause (as in, the girl/woman tried to kill me first), and he happens to be one of those military people you kept complaining about.

There are a lot of parents out there who ignore their kids, who, with no foundation of discipline on which to base decisions of morality, grow up believing anything goes - but rare is it that fathers take their boys aside and teach them to be malicious to women.

It is certainly not the case that family would teach it too their kids (unless their mother was abused). Its popular culture, television, music, etc..., and most of all FRIENDS, that encourage it.

I never stated that all military are this or the other, or that families teach it a value. If anything, families would teach not to act malicious towards women. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

PS: Glad you agree with me on Americans being prudes ^_^~!

To those who do blame sex for the maltreatment of young females, its actually often the moralistic prudes that are the most violent, especially the HYPOCRITES!

rogue_robot
Jan 31, 2008, 10:15 PM
Okay, if that's all you meant, Abashi, no harm, no foul. I was just recalling how you kept mentioning the military people where you live, hence the confusion...

I'll certainly agree on the moralistic hypocrites being among the worst, though not for physical, but rather mental violence...

Entertainment, unfortunately, seeks to shock people, hence certain low-budget shows/games/etc. delve into progressively deeper evils - almost glorifying them - in an attempt to make people recoil just a little bit more...

However, in the end, it's the parenting - or lack thereof - that largely determines a kid's outcome. It's just unfortunate that so many "parents" these days don't involve themselves in their kids' lives enough (directly, in a positive way, not snooping and mutual mistrust) to help their kids learn the difference between right and wrong, to know good entertainment from bad entertainment...

Like a recent experience I had in Wal-Mart. This tiny kid - couldn't be older than 8 or 10 - asked his mom to get him God of War II of all games. The store clerk, in unlocking the display case, warned her about the game and why it's got an M-rating, but she went ahead and bought it for her son anyway - hell, he only asked for it because she'd already let him play the first game, too...

...right there, I thought to myself about how that mother was apparently raising her kid to potentially be one of the exact thugs this topic got started about, turning a blind eye to the various influences that boy is receiving - and how the boy's "friends" are probably more of the same...

...quite depressing, really. Wouldn't you agree, Abashi? I just hope for that boy's sake she has a lot of sit-down-and-talk sessions with him about those games...

thunder-ray
Feb 1, 2008, 02:44 AM
hmmm i do however agree with what they say about parents. We do have some bad parents out there in the world. The only thing i disagree with is all men being evil. Its the same thing ive heard before from some women who've had a bad flame they blame all the men cuz of some other guy and yet they dont ever wana think that u made a bad choice or u knew what he was like but u stayed with him anyways. All in all its not just women who make these same choices its also the same for men as well they decied to mess with this girl even though shes a bad girl or doesnt care about u and uses u to her liking. When you look at it this way its just like i said in my last message it really isnt about gender its all about ther person and what choices he chooses to make its not really about men doing more of this then women or women doing more of this then men because its really all about what kind of person that he /she is that makes him do what he do that affects other people in this world.

Abashi76
Feb 1, 2008, 07:16 PM
On 2008-01-31 19:15, rogue_robot wrote:
Okay, if that's all you meant, Abashi, no harm, no foul. I was just recalling how you kept mentioning the military people where you live, hence the confusion...

I'll certainly agree on the moralistic hypocrites being among the worst, though not for physical, but rather mental violence...

Entertainment, unfortunately, seeks to shock people, hence certain low-budget shows/games/etc. delve into progressively deeper evils - almost glorifying them - in an attempt to make people recoil just a little bit more...

However, in the end, it's the parenting - or lack thereof - that largely determines a kid's outcome. It's just unfortunate that so many "parents" these days don't involve themselves in their kids' lives enough (directly, in a positive way, not snooping and mutual mistrust) to help their kids learn the difference between right and wrong, to know good entertainment from bad entertainment...

Like a recent experience I had in Wal-Mart. This tiny kid - couldn't be older than 8 or 10 - asked his mom to get him God of War II of all games. The store clerk, in unlocking the display case, warned her about the game and why it's got an M-rating, but she went ahead and bought it for her son anyway - hell, he only asked for it because she'd already let him play the first game, too...

...right there, I thought to myself about how that mother was apparently raising her kid to potentially be one of the exact thugs this topic got started about, turning a blind eye to the various influences that boy is receiving - and how the boy's "friends" are probably more of the same...

...quite depressing, really. Wouldn't you agree, Abashi? I just hope for that boy's sake she has a lot of sit-down-and-talk sessions with him about those games...

I wouldn't worry about video games. I don't think that kid will end up slashing people when he grows up. Its to much of a fantasy type style to really encourage violence. Apparently it has nudity too, or it was an irrelated image.

rogue_robot
Feb 3, 2008, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I know what all's in those games...

It's less about them directly and more about the mother. Seeing as she doesn't balk at handing a little kid games designed to entertain mature people in a fashion that in no way could ever be considered even remotely cerebral, but rather all about pure, raging testosterone, it just makes me worry about how much else the kid can get away with on her watch...

elainesangel9
Feb 7, 2008, 10:21 AM
your in CA..nuff said