PDA

View Full Version : can of tuna VS butcher's knife

cel
Jan 24, 2008, 09:24 AM
im starving and it's too cold and early for me to go out into the dawn for food.

behold the last can of tuna I have... but no can opener to be found anywhere. My asinine and stereotypical and fresh-off the boat japanese roomate broke my electronic one and didn't tell me (yeah arigato, asshole).

But I have a butcher's knife that is readily available. CAN IT BE DONE? Will the can be opened successfully with a fairly risky procedure or will there be bloodshed???

Weeaboolits
Jan 24, 2008, 12:28 PM
on't use a butcher knife, it'll dull the blade.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 24, 2008, 01:28 PM
You really need a Swiss Army Knife. You'd never be without a can opener, again.

Don't use a butcher's knife, in any case. Find something short, sturdy, and with a strong tip. You should be able to pierce the can around the rim in a manner very similar to what your can opener would do, by holding the knife vertically around the edge, and applying downward pressure. Depending on your personal strength, you may require a mallet or some other such striking device. Rotate the can, and do it again on an adjacent location. Repeat until you gain access to the precious tuna inside.

Weeaboolits
Jan 24, 2008, 02:47 PM
On a related note, I had a can of tuna for lunch.

amtalx
Jan 24, 2008, 03:07 PM
Real men open cans with their face.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 24, 2008, 05:33 PM
On 2008-01-24 14:25, DizzyDi wrote:
Or their membership card.

Edited for win.

Wyndham
Jan 24, 2008, 06:08 PM
On 2008-01-24 06:24, cel wrote:
bong of tonka VS butcher's knife

Rasputin
Jan 24, 2008, 06:41 PM
Bash it against his flat face.

cel
Jan 24, 2008, 08:07 PM
On 2008-01-24 15:41, Rasputin wrote:
Bash it against his flat face.

Yeah i did but he woke up before it opened so that's what prompted this thread.

The butcher knife won!! All hail the butcher knife!!

Not only did it defeat a can of tuna, but also a can of beans I crazily decided to mix with the tuna. Was surprisingly good.

And it is a real butcher knife. It's one of those crazy 10" big ass knives that my japanese roomate bought. He's a little... well he calls himself slow. Build on from there.

I ended up cutting my thumb on the actual tin case but other than that, no casualties. Sorry to disappoint. Would have loved to have a working digital camera for the lovely screenies.

amtalx
Jan 25, 2008, 07:28 AM
On 2008-01-24 17:07, cel wrote:

Would have loved to have a working digital camera for the lovely screenies.

MSpaint. Get to work. Due in 3 days.