PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Has anyone noticed some high lv people with low lv pa'

Edgard
Jan 24, 2008, 07:36 PM
Lately, I've been noticing some new players level up so fast, and most of their photon arts are low level.

Its so easy to gain experience that you can level up in 2-3 mission (40mins aprox.). but to raise 1 photon art by one level it takes around 2-4 hours of constant use.

I've noticed this mostly on techers! It takes more time to level up spells than a striking PA...

Anyways, I'm a pre-aoti player that took above 300 hours of gameplay to reach lv 70... For all the new people, it was much harder to level up before AOTI and thats why I have all my PA's above 30 now.

Has anyone noticed this?

superdood22
Jan 24, 2008, 07:39 PM
why is that a shock to you? they wanna try new PA's...? or maybe they are leveling multiple discs for all their alts so they wont have to go through the hassle of constantly having to get their PA's through their common box to do so.

Fox_Makenshi
Jan 24, 2008, 07:46 PM
Winter Event. Be happy you played before AoI since you now have way better PA's than any of the new players. I played before AoI (since the beginning actually) and I know how hard it was to level, get money, etc...

Love,
Fox Makenshi

vfloresjr24
Jan 24, 2008, 07:47 PM
its because of the event. its easy to lvl up fast.

Phetty
Jan 24, 2008, 07:50 PM
Who leveled them before AoI? I still only see people capable of leveling Majarra and Chikki. Two of the worst PAs IMO.

Laranas
Jan 24, 2008, 08:02 PM
On 2008-01-24 16:47, vfloresjr24 wrote:
its because of the event. its easy to lvl up fast.
It's because of AOI, not the event. I've seen a guy do Lv20 to Lv110 in 4 days before the event. Exp is very, very abundant, modifier or not.

chaoskila
Jan 24, 2008, 08:06 PM
i am a lv 120 techer with lvl 11 technicks >.>

JAFO22000
Jan 24, 2008, 08:11 PM
On 2008-01-24 16:36, Edgard wrote:
I've noticed this mostly on techers!

You are mistaken...most techer's tech levels have ALWAYS sucked!

BloodDragoon
Jan 24, 2008, 08:27 PM
Which brings up a question, What are some good missions to lvl attack techics on?

Chaobo99
Jan 24, 2008, 08:31 PM
My techer of whom started since the game began has almost all his arts at 31+(on second though..all my arts were at 30 on my previous account when me and my sis were sharing..then i got my own xbox and started over..all my arts..are again lv.31+..try lvling everything twice especially when your a zonde and barta fan http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif..it isnt that hard to lvl arts if you take the time to do it..or use nothing but one in particular..im living proof of that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)
..My ranger on the other hand that i made recently(maybe a day before event)..levels faster than his arts..my arts are semi-decent(all at ATLEAST 11+..ok some below 11) but yea..its way easier to lvl now it saddens me.

Laranas
Jan 24, 2008, 08:36 PM
I started as a Wartecher, then went to Acrotecher, then Fortetecher.

When I started FT, I had my buffs 31+, Resta at 18, Reverser at 20, and Foie at 7. My highest and only other attack TECHNIC was Diga, at 15. At the end of my 5 days from Fortetecher 1 to 15, Diga was 21, Foie was 12, and I had every Ra-tech at 21+. I didn't bother with Barta, Zonde, or Gi techs, but a lot of people say Ra-techs were the hardest. As Chaobo99 said, you just need to take the time to do it.

[EDIT] I also bought Dambarta, Damfoie, and Damdiga, all of which alo hit 21+ in that same 5 day period.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Laranas on 2008-01-24 17:41 ]</font>

MUSTANG38
Jan 24, 2008, 08:42 PM
You are right, these events have hurt the FT class IMO.

None of my old-school FT friends are playing anymore - that I know of.

The best way to level your technics is to solo. Pick a mission or two on each planet and do it 2 or 3 times before you meet up with your friends. The key to this is having great armor (Baji or Orpa Senba at least 30 %, I also use a rainbow for another 8%). I have chosen Grove of fanatics S2 (25 min)- this area will level your zonde spells, dark magic, buffs, debuffs, and giresta. I also do some parum S2 to level diga and megiverse(because of the hiding spaces) and some neudaiz runs for fire and ice spells.

TecherRamen
Jan 24, 2008, 09:05 PM
I'm a currently an acrotecher. Once all my spells cap as that class(all attacks at 30 all supports at 40) then I will switch to fortetecher. I started last February and had a 3 month Haiatus from sep 07 to dec 07.

What is realy painfull to see is a character who has ONLY used either foie or diga or both and have one if not both maxed. Sure it shows diligance to level techs but it also shows that these players do not know what they are doing.
Its one thing to have all your spells at nice high and shiny levels. BUT if you don't know what youre doing with them then those levels realy dont mean much. Different spells are there for different reasons each one fits a certain combat situation. Techers need to start looking at how much damage they do in relation to the amount of PP they are using. Also, damage is not individually based either, most damage techers do comes from net damage, that is adding up all the damage done to every enemy hit. Some one might say "well diga does more damage than radiga" sure if only one enemy is being targeted. However, if a force is attacking three enemies, then radiga will do much more damage than plain old diga.
This seems like common sense, but I see a lot of techers that just arent paying attention to this sort of thing and are not using appropriate spells at appropriate times...

Edgard
Jan 24, 2008, 09:30 PM
TecherRamen thats exactly how people need to be playing!!!

Thats the reason you should never use a slicer against a boss, or spam it across the whole map... >_> facking noobs...

ugh and today I was in a team where some dumb@ss was spaming Anga Jabroga, even on a single badira that was roaming around...

And about what you said of techers spaming diga: They also need to learn which pa to use in certain situations... if you have one mob use diga, if you have 6 mobs use gi-techs or ra-techs but don't try to diga all 6 of them thats just plain stupid.

As for me: Anytime I start a mission I have 3 rules. NO Dus majarra, NO Slicers, NO wips....

why wips? cause they do little damage and they only spread a group of mobs all over the map thus leaving me unable to use gi-techs (cause all the mobs are spread out instead of being in 1 group)

Laranas
Jan 24, 2008, 09:40 PM
On 2008-01-24 18:30, Edgard wrote:
why wips? cause they do little damage and they only spread a group of mobs all over the map thus leaving me unable to use gi-techs (cause all the mobs are spread out instead of being in 1 group)
I understand where you're coming from.. but about half of the melee PA's spread monsters on their last combo.

And as someone who partied with Ramen, I support his playstyle.

BloodDragoon
Jan 24, 2008, 09:45 PM
TecherRamen thats exactly how people need to be playing!!!

Thats the reason you should never use a slicer against a boss, or spam it across the whole map... >_> facking noobs...

ugh and today I was in a team where some dumb@ss was spaming Anga Jabroga, even on a single badira that was roaming around...

And about what you said of techers spaming diga: They also need to learn which pa to use in certain situations... if you have one mob use diga, if you have 6 mobs use gi-techs or ra-techs but don't try to diga all 6 of them thats just plain stupid.

As for me: Anytime I start a mission I have 3 rules. NO Dus majarra, NO Slicers, NO wips....

Sorry but this seems a bit self centered to me. Everyone has different play styles and weapon/tech preferences. It just seems like you're outlawing anything that inconveinences you. Working around such things makes you a better player as opposed to avoiding or outlawing something IMO...

If I can land full Anga Reddas combos with mechgun glitchers in the party then any annoyance can be dealt with.

RedMussel
Jan 24, 2008, 09:56 PM
The fact that a see number 690000+ having a psycowand 6/10 and the only PA higher then 11 was Foie is pretty sad.

TecherRamen
Jan 24, 2008, 10:02 PM

Thank you. But I do want to comment on wips..
Its stupid to use wips on a mob for that very reason. Aswell as the fact that techers should be using TECHS on groups thats where they are strongest. Wips are good for one thing tho.. Kog Nads. A Dark Vish will tear a kog nad appart. Kog Nads are strong to magic but a vish will hit them in three target locations. With a wip I do around 4500+ damage persecond to a kog Nad.

DavidNel
Jan 24, 2008, 10:06 PM
People are also leveling up job classes that they usually don't use much. That's probably why most of the "teckers" seem to have low lvl PAs.

Fox_Makenshi
Jan 24, 2008, 10:16 PM
I personally only use a few techs at the moment because I'm trying to level them up. I know perfectly well how to use each tech in which situation, I just want to level mine up one at a time.

@ Edgard. You seem quite narrow-minded there. Saying that all techers should play a certain way and that certain weapons/PA's aren't allowed in your parties is pretty dumb. I'm glad I don't play with you.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Danger_Girl
Jan 24, 2008, 10:30 PM
On 2008-01-24 18:56, RedMussel wrote:
The fact that a see number 690000+ having a psycowand 6/10 and the only PA higher then 11 was Foie is pretty sad.

It's possible they were playing another job type when they got lucky and were able to trade for one or whatever, then switch to a fortetecher class to make use of it.../shrug

On 2008-01-24 18:30, Edguard wrote:

You bitch about people with under-leveled PAs, then you bitch about people trying to level them? If someone is spamming Jabronga, I would wager they're trying to level it...

NO whips....why whips? cause they do little damage and they only spread a group of mobs all over the map thus leaving me unable to use gi-techs (cause all the mobs are spread out instead of being in 1 group)
This was already mentioned earlier, but in case you haven't noticed, a majority of the skill PAs have a blow away during their combo.

I primarily use my Main as a Wartecher, and prior to AOI I had to pick and choose which TECH PAs I wanted and which I didn't due to the restrictive limitation on the number of PAs you could learn at once. As a result, I didn't take the RA type TECHS. Now that I am able to convert PAs back to disks, that limitation has been removed. However, I don't play fortetecher often, and I simply don't find RA spells offer that great a benefit as a wartecher, so I don't bother leveling them. If you have a problem with that, then I'll have to confess to you that I simply don't care.

chaostroop3
Jan 24, 2008, 10:43 PM
On 2008-01-24 17:06, chaoskila wrote:
i am a lv 120 techer with lvl 11 technicks >.>

im a level 44 techer with 31 pas....

alt of course

Mystil
Jan 24, 2008, 11:19 PM
Meh I've always had 21-31(some 40s) skill PAs. The event just made some of my low 20s, like Hikai, level up faster. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

pikachief
Jan 24, 2008, 11:22 PM
On 2008-01-24 16:36, Edgard wrote:
Lately, I've been noticing some new players level up so fast, and most of their photon arts are low level.

Its so easy to gain experience that you can level up in 2-3 mission (40mins aprox.). but to raise 1 photon art by one level it takes around 2-4 hours of constant use.

I've noticed this mostly on techers! It takes more time to level up spells than a striking PA...

Anyways, I'm a pre-aoti player that took above 300 hours of gameplay to reach lv 70... For all the new people, it was much harder to level up before AOTI and thats why I have all my PA's above 30 now.

Has anyone noticed this?

2-3 runs???

I've leveled up about 2 runs a lvl AT LEAST from lvl 1-62 lol and im still gaining about 2 lvls a run! lol

Iduno
Jan 25, 2008, 12:33 PM
whips actually do good damage with the PA and the status effects mean they are perfect mob killers WT + Vivi Danga + ice Vish Kusab = mob/ big monster/ de ragen ownage http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Iduno on 2008-01-25 09:56 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 25, 2008, 12:41 PM
I really don't understand people's logic. I mean, this long event has everything about drastically increasing Experience Points given. That's the main thing they did. Not to mention, the game itself has increased EXP points across many missions.

It's not like the original days anymore. Back then, it was quite understandable about what level of skills you might have by a certain level. But please be fair, it took us a lot more hours to obtain that level, so of course we used our skills a lot more often. Nowadays, exp flies off monsters like nothing else, so a lot of lower levels literally fly by you before you had as much chance to build your skills.

Remember people. Experience bonuses have given us faster rates of gaining levels..........not faster rates of gaining skill levels.

Heck, by the time I understandably got 2 of my Twin Handgun elemental bullets to 30 and just about everything else available to 21 and above, I was the same level that just about anybody would reach and perhaps just have 1 bullet to 21. That is, if that was the main primary one they concentrated on.

I levelled those bullets doing runs, and I had to do a lot of runs to do it. People can get to the relatively high levels in a mere fraction of that time, shooting a whole lot less bullets.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-25 09:46 ]</font>

ForsakenMem
Jan 25, 2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah IMO I think that this event is really good for nub lvling and well, you got to admit how many people came on PSU since Christmas. It's really easy to lvl now.

As for techers PA's.. well, expect nothing to awesome.. spells are a pain to lvl. I've been playing for almost a year and all my PA's are around 21-30 and my support PAs are 40.

But yeah, power lvling gives you bad PA's.

If it's such a problem then look at thier pallet and/or number before you invite them to your party. It's what I do.

SJW89
Jan 25, 2008, 08:48 PM
No actually I noticed my Lv1 had Lv37 Dus Robado, Lv32 Rising Strike, Lv31 Tornado Break, Lv17 Gravity Break, Lv18 Anga Redda.