PDA

View Full Version : What should a HU Acrotecher spend their PA frags on first?

TheFonz
Jan 25, 2008, 11:57 AM
I'm going to be an all-round Acrotecher, doing a bit of melee, technics and supports. Out of the big list, what should I spend my PA frags on first? I'm thinking more about getting something that would help getting more frags a lot quicker, so would Megid be a good choice or is there another order I should spend the frags?

Thanks in advance!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheFonz on 2008-01-25 08:58 ]</font>

SATatami
Jan 25, 2008, 11:59 AM
Megid. >.>

Astarin
Jan 25, 2008, 12:02 PM
Or Giresta.

Aethiopica
Jan 25, 2008, 12:03 PM
Giresta.

chibiLegolas
Jan 25, 2008, 12:05 PM
Offensive, megid. OR noszonde (I think that's the name. The tech that homes in and gets knockdown at 21+. I THINK that's a PA tech anyways.) I've seen it in use and it's a big help for fighters. By the time I walk up to mobs, they're already in the floor, just ripe for me to unleash hell. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Defensive, giresta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2008-01-25 09:07 ]</font>

Aethiopica
Jan 25, 2008, 12:08 PM
Considering that Giresta is superior to Resta in any way and Acrotecher is a support-based class, no. Giresta first, period.

Kamiense
Jan 25, 2008, 12:19 PM
Giresta.

DarkEliteRico
Jan 25, 2008, 12:21 PM
Offense: Megid of course
Defense: Gi-resta

Even with your techs being slightly less powerful they can still dish out a shitload of damage besides megid penetrates mobs and isn't that bad to lvl up. If you haven't already invest in some nice whips and learn to use em.

Reynard
Jan 25, 2008, 12:45 PM
Giresta should be a #1 priority if you already have the Frags for it. If you're going offensive, being a Human your ATP will actually be decent so I have to agree with AC9breaker. Vivi Danga is brutal when used against bosses. Plus the knockback on the second hit is good during runs. My AT averages ~5000-8000 a combo against your average boss, pending on the number of hit boxes obviously and its element. Magicwise, Megid is a wonderful choice these days. I blame the robots >_>.

Keiko_Seisha
Jan 25, 2008, 01:02 PM
On 2008-01-25 09:16, AC9breaker wrote:
The VII F Whip PA's.

-Facepalm-

In before stupid debate, possibly.

Anyways, Giresta. Though, I only see Giresta as a buff and only cast it at 3 minutes intervals to keep the HP restore effect going, I prefer my faster and cheaper Resta spell for healing (plus more range).

After that... Up to you really, Megid is a good offensive tech, and the whip PA is pretty powerful, IMO Vishi Grudda is still better because it doesn't leave you open for a second or so like Vivi Danga does.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Keiko_Seisha on 2008-01-25 10:04 ]</font>

Ranmo
Jan 25, 2008, 01:06 PM
You should get gi-resta. Gi-resta+har/quick+acrotecher=no need for resta lolz.

ForsakenMem
Jan 25, 2008, 08:41 PM
Well, it's up to you on how much time you are willing to put into lvling it. Megid is very nice at 21 but it's takes a while. Nosmegid is kinda garbage.. Noszonde is pretty professional.. regrant.. mehhh forget I mentioned that.. giresta is very useful.. Megistar is pointless for acrotechers.. and nosdiga is very nice as well and easy to lvl. Yeah.. I'd go with Nosdiga and giresta

mvffin
Jan 27, 2008, 02:00 AM
i'm pretty sure both whip PA's hit 6 targets 7 times each. Vishi Grudda is slightly faster, and less damage, making it better for a wartecher. Vivi Danga is a little slower, and has that gap inbetween the combo hits, but the last 3 hits do SUPER damage, making it better for the faster speed of acrotecher.

but either way, whips don't do it all. I'd say Giresta is the best spell, letting you(and your teamates) survive more without being tended to, and allowing for faster PA frag runs. you're standard whips and tech damage should take care of everything fast enough, especially in a party.

Genoa
Jan 27, 2008, 02:06 AM
Giresta, Megid, Nosdiga, Noszonde, anything but Megistar... Megistar was doucheist technique ever created .... ever!

TheFonz
Jan 27, 2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the replies guys! I think I shall be going for Giresta first, followed by Megid and then the Ultimate Whip PA! I was thinking about getting Megid first as I thought there may have been an S or S2 mission out there to exploit with Megid (i.e. a mission where Megid works more often than not) but I guess there's no such mission. Giresta it is!

ShiroMittsu
Jan 27, 2008, 01:18 PM
I greatly disagree with that giresta is greater than resta in every way. If you are someone that stays on top of your party's health, then giresta is not the spell to be using. Since at 31+ giresta requires 70pp you run out quickly, while with resta at 31+ it only cost 45pp. The only thing I would use giresta for is reviving a teamate and when I rebuff to add on the health recovery. If you were to use giresta in the place of resta, you would never get the full use of the health recovery. You would just be overriding the previous health recovery and it would never stack up.

mvffin
Jan 27, 2008, 09:35 PM
any mission with a lot of robots is good for megid spam, robots have lower STA than other enemies. (14 i think?) but the fastest frag runs are Mad creatures, Unsafe Passage, and True Darkness, and all of them can be completed in 10 minutes with a good setup and/or good party... and the missions with robots take a bit longer. (except maybe Forest Infiltration, i'm not too familiar with that one.)

SATatami
Jan 27, 2008, 09:37 PM
On 2008-01-27 18:35, mvffin wrote:
any mission with a lot of robots is good for megid spam, robots have lower STA than other enemies. (14 i think?) but the fastest frag runs are Mad creatures, Unsafe Passage, and True Darkness, and all of them can be completed in 10 minutes with a good setup and/or good party... and the missions with robots take a bit longer. (except maybe Forest Infiltration, i'm not too familiar with that one.)

Unsafe Passage S2 can be soloed in 4~6 with Chikki.I've seen a 120 beast do it.