PDA

View Full Version : GameGuard

DoubleV
Jan 25, 2008, 02:07 PM
is ne1 else getting a problem with GameGuard, it keeps saying i cant connect to GameGuard update server. Ive also tried to go onto the offical gameguard website but that seems to be down aswell.

before u say its something todo with my firewall, ive turn it off and tried and NOTHIN!

please tell me if u are able to access PSU, i reli want to know if its just me

Feign
Jan 25, 2008, 02:11 PM
This belongs in the technical forums but it'll be moved there soon anyways

Gameguard doesn't like Punkbuster, which is installed with any of the Battlefield games. Also, deactivate your antivirus, as McAfee is retarded crap and Norton likes to think it's in charge of your system.

DoubleV
Jan 25, 2008, 02:15 PM
ive got AVG, technical forum!?!?
hmmm ill check that out

Kietrinia
Jan 25, 2008, 02:20 PM
I'd suggest something a bit more reasonable for antivirus. NOD32 has been awesome to me. Uses very little resources, and it's actually polite enough to leave you alone when you tell it to, as well as the fact that it doesn't mess with GameGuard at all.

The only time it may mess with PSU is if it's scanning the network traffic, and that's easily fixed with a stick in the PC tech support forum on the official forums. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Norton is a resource hog, McAfee is more paranoid than a GUARDIAN with light armor in a HIVE, and AVG is just... *shudder*

*steps off soap box* I'm done. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Feign
Jan 25, 2008, 02:28 PM
Don't worry, it'll be moved eventually

But yeah, try shutting AVG down, I've seen it block a few things in the past. Then try running PSU again

DoubleV
Jan 25, 2008, 02:28 PM
does NOD32 free???

DoubleV
Jan 25, 2008, 02:31 PM
does?!?! i mean,

is NOD32 free?

Chao_Sorceror
Jan 25, 2008, 02:47 PM
Yes it is. Personal version at least.

Psycho_Sonic
Jan 25, 2008, 02:55 PM
No, Nod isn't. But you can find a special "trial" version that has its trial time set to 40000 years.

DoubleV
Jan 25, 2008, 03:00 PM
so all u guys are able to play PSU???