PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PS2: PSU offline is so much better..... looking.

Helly
Jan 26, 2008, 12:51 AM
Last night I was playing around in AOI's story mode. It had been a long while since the last time I played in it but I never remembered it looking so.... nice! Its crisper and much more detailed! Even in an ancient mission like Plains Overlord I could see a big difference! The map even has little nooks and crannies you won't find in the online version of it. Someone oughta do a offline vs online image comparison or something if that sorta thing hasn't yet been done. So anyway~ is this what its like ONLINE for PC/360 players? I mean of course the game in general looks better on those systems but is there a clear difference between off & online on 'em?

omegapirate2k
Jan 26, 2008, 12:52 AM
It runs smoother on both, to my knowledge, since you don't have to worry about lag.

Proff
Jan 26, 2008, 12:53 AM
I'm on PS2 and I can't tell a bit of difference between offline and online and play both pretty regularly.

Anduril
Jan 26, 2008, 12:58 AM
I do notice a slight difference between Online and Offline on the 360, but it's really more of a no-lag kind of difference, though the lack of anything exciting to do makes me overlook this fact.

Helly
Jan 26, 2008, 02:16 AM
On 2008-01-25 21:53, Proff wrote:
I'm on PS2 and I can't tell a bit of difference between offline and online and play both pretty regularly.

Reallys? Ya should at least be able to notice the "ghost people" are far more detailed and in greater number offline than on. Sure wish I could take nice screenshots to point out stuff. Usually I don't have a keen eye for detail but I tell ya it is there! >.<;

Ithildin
Jan 26, 2008, 08:34 AM
If you want to see a real difference in graphics on the PS2 vers get hold of a copy for the pc. I play on pc with the lowest settings and it looks far superior to the PS2... The higher resolution helps a great deal.

rogue_robot
Jan 26, 2008, 10:18 AM
Offline on PC is probably pretty godly in comparison...

With effects detail all the way up in AotI, we even get anti-aliasing!

RemiusTA
Jan 26, 2008, 05:36 PM
this topic fails; howver, if anyone has gone from ps2 to PC and seen the graphics, you would be depressed next time you stuck it in ur ps2.

SATatami
Jan 26, 2008, 05:39 PM
On 2008-01-26 14:36, RemiusTA wrote:
this topic fails; howver, if anyone has gone from ps2 to PC and seen the graphics, you would be depressed next time you stuck it in ur ps2.

The only thing that depresses me about it is that odd color filter than kinda blurs everything together and makes it brighter... I don't understand it. D: PSO GC had it, too.

Miyoko
Jan 26, 2008, 06:28 PM
On 2008-01-26 07:18, rogue_robot wrote:
Offline on PC is probably pretty godly in comparison...

With effects detail all the way up in AotI, we even get anti-aliasing!

We do? We get anisotropic filtering, but I didn't know we got Anti-Aliasing >_>

rogue_robot
Jan 26, 2008, 09:13 PM
Eh, my bad. :P You're right, Miyoko. Bleh - confused by the fact they have roughly the same effect - I just remember having to go tune down my gfx settings when working with screenshots to make backgrounds for my pc out of my chars - the removal of the jaggies makes it hard to decide where character ends and sky/ground begins...

EDIT: Smily setting pissed me off...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rogue_robot on 2008-01-26 18:14 ]</font>

superdood22
Jan 26, 2008, 09:54 PM
I would get it for PC, but those graphics cards are... eh *looks at big fat ass pricetag*. yeah...

Chuck_Norris
Jan 26, 2008, 09:59 PM

Same for the PS3. Use PSU on that, and it looks 10 times better than PS2. No wonder my eyes hurt after playing it for long times. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

cApNhOwDy
Jan 26, 2008, 10:00 PM
You dont need a $600 graphics card to play PSU.

Miyoko
Jan 26, 2008, 10:04 PM
On 2008-01-26 18:13, rogue_robot wrote:
Eh, my bad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif You're right, Miyoko. Bleh - confused by the fact they have roughly the same effect - I just remember having to go tune down my gfx settings when working with screenshots to make backgrounds for my pc out of my chars - the removal of the jaggies makes it hard to decide where character ends and sky/ground begins...

Anti-Aliasing smoothens edges, and gets rid of "jaggies". Anisotropic Filtering sharpens textures, especially at a distance, and has nothing to do with smoothing jagged edges (to my knowledge). I think they're pretty different. >.>a

Axicore
Jan 27, 2008, 01:02 AM
On 2008-01-26 19:00, cApNhOwDy wrote:
You dont need a $600 graphics card to play PSU.

QFT. I am using my low end built in graphics chipset that came with my laptop and the game PSU and AotI run smoothly. On AotI I have to turn off the post effects though. But hey, at least it runs!!!:D

SubstanceD
Jan 27, 2008, 05:08 AM
On 2008-01-26 18:59, Chuck_Norris wrote:

Same for the PS3. Use PSU on that, and it looks 10 times better than PS2. No wonder my eyes hurt after playing it for long times. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I can't say that I dissagree.

I went from playing PSU on the 360 to PSU:AOI on the PS2 and the difference is noticeable.

PSU on the 360 has higher resolution graphics, moves much smoother and has very short load times. As for PSU AOI on the PS2, well the PS2 version is actually very, very good especially when you compare it to the original PS2 version of PSU ( I also owned a PS2 copy and it was terrible flawed ). Truth be told, now that I have played it for a few hours I no longer mind the slight differnces between the 360 version and the PS2 version ( except for the load times, there are some long load times in the PS2 version everytime you go from one room to another or when you save ).

Powder Keg
Jan 27, 2008, 05:10 AM
I have to put my frame skip on 2....my PC is from 2004 and nothing too special, but it works okay. It's getting pretty old though, and I may look into getting a new one later this year if it continues to give me problems. It's pointless to try and upgrade it because sooner or later down the road when I do get a new PC, that money really wouldn't have been worth it when I can get by with what I'm using now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2008-01-27 02:11 ]</font>

Ithildin
Jan 27, 2008, 08:19 AM
^ I agree with Artea. I think I'm gonna do the same thing (I think my pc is about the same age as yours). I'll look into it later in the year. I really would love to play PSU on the highest settings, afterall its not Oblivion...