PDA

View Full Version : α vs β !

Helly
Jan 26, 2008, 02:38 AM
We've all had a week+ with each Protectors mission so now that you're presumably familiar with each, which do ya prefer? And which will you try to play more of before they're gone (if you're going to bother with them at all).

For me I prefer Alpha. Unlike Beta, ya can get a NPC to join and Moatoob is actually represented openly instead of being hidden away part of a rare map so it gives a great sense of variety ya know? The crush 100 guard robots on the train segment of Beta is about the only real fun part of that mission for me. And they botched the use of "memories" with the Magas battle fight. Why'd they go and use the free mission map and not the EP1 version with the two crashed ships in the background? booooo!

Edit: bleh the alpha/beta characters came out fine in the title but not the text/poll? >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Helly on 2008-01-25 23:40 ]</font>

Aviva
Jan 26, 2008, 02:44 AM
i like to run alpha....but i sure do enjoy the exp from the robot side of beta

gambit04
Jan 26, 2008, 02:46 AM
Loads of exp, blackbull, orpad/guard-legs, other stuff i can't think of atm I like beta(as long as I'm on my force http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Cz
Jan 26, 2008, 02:59 AM
alpha is more fun because De Ragan makes easy exp., and the mission is over a lot quicker.

Noblewine
Jan 26, 2008, 03:23 AM
I liked alpha because the lv caps weren't badly uneven. However I'll do either.

Powder Keg
Jan 26, 2008, 03:46 AM
Alpha, definitely. It has a moatoob map that isn't useless, and it seems a little easier to get rare maps...overall it's just less stressful and has better drops.

BloodDragoon
Jan 26, 2008, 04:16 AM
Beta thus far has given me better drops and more xp, all that really matters to me atm aside from the mech horde at the end of the train being great for skilling PA's, bullets, and techs...

oooWaveooo
Jan 26, 2008, 04:37 AM
i'm running beta with parties because i want a Tesbra.

I run alpha on A when soloing so i can stock up HPC's for sale

Edgard
Jan 26, 2008, 07:23 AM
Alpha, cause on Thursday when it came back I got a Kan Yu from alpha side..... and I want another one! SO alpha for me!

Indica
Jan 26, 2008, 08:30 AM
Majority of all the good stuff is on Alpha - Moatoob/Relics/Moonlight

SJW89
Jan 26, 2008, 08:33 AM
I found a Cati / Power on Alpha and [B] Mugunruk on Beta.

I think I'll stick with Alpha.

EDITED:
PS - If my Xbox 360's GPU wasn't fried and I wasn't waiting to send it in for repair.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SJW89 on 2008-01-26 05:33 ]</font>

darkante
Jan 26, 2008, 08:39 AM
Beta - Robo path.

Reason?

Awesome exp, easy to kill robot.
Very slim chance to get Blackbull, Rattlesnake, Shigga Baret.

What´s not to like? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 26, 2008, 11:11 AM
Beta, also because of the robot path. Alpha starts up with that annoying HIVE room with fireballs of death. Besides, Burning Rangers > Trick Track (but not by a world of difference). Oh how I miss playing Burning Rangers.........

DarkDeception
Jan 26, 2008, 11:19 AM
I have to go with beta since i have a chance however small of getting my kazarod

TheAlphaMale
Jan 26, 2008, 12:21 PM
I choose Alpha, because I can solo it. Beta is aight, but I really don't need anything over there.

Kylie
Jan 26, 2008, 12:57 PM
Alpha. Robots bore me, and the bosses are too tough on both routes of beta. Plus, the areas they used on alpha are more up my alley.

Yeevs
Jan 26, 2008, 04:01 PM
I'm rather particular to both paths for separate reasons.

Alpha is great for the rare map and De Ragan path. Quick, easy, fun.
Beta is great for the drops and exp. Robot gauntlet alone is worth tons more XP than the two bosses combined, possibly moreso than the rare map path for beta!

Alpha is great for starting characters since the maps are not too tough and not too spread out on levels.
Beta is great for the seasoned and veteran players looking for exp and drops at the cost of levels being more spread out and the maps being tougher.

Billy960
Jan 26, 2008, 04:02 PM
I prefer beta robot path since I just want to level my alts.

radical_ryan
Jan 26, 2008, 06:18 PM
C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlliThePally
Jan 26, 2008, 06:20 PM
I prefer alpha because of the stupid robots in beta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Retniwreven
Jan 26, 2008, 06:25 PM
Omega. It's nothing but a huge room full of boss boxes... and cake.

Honestly, Beta/Robots for XP, Alpha/Moatoob side for loot.

Norcris
Jan 26, 2008, 06:51 PM
Beta for the robot path.

Come to think of it, i've never even done the Onma/Dimma route of beta... >_>

DoubleJG
Jan 26, 2008, 06:58 PM
I like Alpha due to the quickness of it :3

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 26, 2008, 07:17 PM
I found a Kan Yu and an Ank Dedda on Alpha. I guess I like Alpha, but I really hate that first block. Beta gives some insane exp though w/ that last block of robots, especially now since FFs, FIs, and AFs can just use Slicers on them instead of having a robot blow up on their face all the time.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 26, 2008, 10:48 PM
what drops Hard power charge on Alpha?

0_o

Genoa
Jan 27, 2008, 01:51 AM
Beta, I wants me a Blackbull D: those boss drops would be nice too, but I have yet to see anything even REMOTELY decent come from those boss boxes...
However, the ONE morning I played uni2 because my friends weren't on yet... Blackbull dropped and went a real douche of a player... became 3x the douche once he acquired the board ...

That and uh, Beta's easier for me as a Techer <_> Robots get 0wnd =D

stukasa
Jan 27, 2008, 03:53 AM
Beta, but only because I dislike the first block in Alpha. >.>

However, I hate the rare map in Beta. That VoC block is long, difficult and gives less EXP than the normal route. I'd abandon it right away if it wasn't for the chance of getting rare drops (I haven't found anything good there yet).

Voison
Jan 27, 2008, 03:02 PM
Beta.

More Exp, Plus Blackbull. xD

DarkEliteRico
Jan 27, 2008, 03:07 PM
Alpha Neudaiz side in hopes for the 11* longbow and cannon parts....i've had better luck getting the Fakis maps there as well....drools over a Tuma

Mikura
Jan 27, 2008, 03:17 PM
Beta just for the exp. I never have done this event to hunt for rares so MP and exp is my only concern.

EMPYREAN
Jan 27, 2008, 05:06 PM
Beta. i got what i needed in alpha(sori/power) so now its only aboute MP and XP for my alts.

DragonStorm
Jan 27, 2008, 10:59 PM
I do none! i lv 118 and dont feel like capping lol. I am just doing de rol le S and hunting some 13*+ mats. and perhaps some 11* boards. plz can this event be over already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SJW89
Jan 27, 2008, 11:02 PM
On 2008-01-27 19:59, DragonStorm wrote:
I do none! i lv 118 and dont feel like capping lol. I am just doing de rol le S and hunting some 13*+ mats. and perhaps some 11* boards. plz can this event be over already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

If you don't do the event missions, why do you care that it's on?

AngelofEnders
Jan 28, 2008, 10:32 AM
Prefer Beta although me and a friend got a [B] Double Agito drop on Alpha the other day.

desturel
Jan 28, 2008, 11:37 AM
I want Kazarod and Kan Yu so either map is fine with me. Overall I like Alpha better though. It's relaxing to kill Degahna.

Turambar
Jan 28, 2008, 01:00 PM
Alpha has Needle Cannon while Beta has Rattlesnake. But since neither are gonna drop for me anyways, *shrug*