PDA

View Full Version : Attribute rates, need an opinion.

BlackEarth
Jan 26, 2008, 04:02 AM
I have heard that when you synth S ranks at higher levels it is better to make them neutral so that you never have an advatage or disadvantage, you just have a powerful weapon.

I am skeptical to these findings and would just like some simple opinions.

SATatami
Jan 26, 2008, 04:04 AM
It really is your choice. Most people just make it of whatever element looks coolest on that weapon.

BlackEarth
Jan 26, 2008, 04:05 AM
Yea, that in turn is why I make so many of my weapons Ground. ^.^

SATatami
Jan 26, 2008, 04:06 AM
On 2008-01-26 01:05, BlackEarth wrote:
Yea, that in turn is why I make so many of my weapons Ground. ^.^

And mine lightning and fire. >_>;

BloodDragoon
Jan 26, 2008, 04:18 AM
If I dont care about element I usually make my weapons Dark Element. Other colors just feel like star wars to me...

darkante
Jan 26, 2008, 04:29 AM
On 2008-01-26 01:18, BloodDragoon wrote:
If I dont care about element I usually make my weapons Dark Element. Other colors just feel like star wars to me...

Same..crea weapons are pretty much rip-off of them.

Phetty
Jan 26, 2008, 04:29 AM
Synth them whatever you like. But if you want to use them more often, or use them more effectively, make them an element thats useful on the mission you normally run.

SJW89
Jan 26, 2008, 08:31 AM
On 2008-01-26 01:02, BlackEarth wrote:
I have heard that when you synth S ranks at higher levels it is better to make them neutral so that you never have an advatage or disadvantage, you just have a powerful weapon.

I am skeptical to these findings and would just like some simple opinions.

In order to overcome that disadvantage, I switch to another weapon. This only works if you can afford an elemental weapon of each attribute.
For every weapon I like using, (spear, sword, saber, axe) I have one of every 6 elements above 36%. I build my palette based on where I am.

Example:
Going to Dark Satellite S2:
50% light Soda Joggi +6/8
46% light Ank Pikor +5/10
38% light Muktrand
38% light Buccaneer +6/9

Or going to Scarred Planet S:
42% ground Huge Cutter
38% ground Muktrand +6/10
36% ground Jitseen +7/10
50% ice Sevarac +7/7
50% ice Soda Hazzo +5/10
38% ice Muktrand

Now notice I'm not retarded and therefore I don't equip dark weapons in the hive, or lightning/dark weapons on a "basic" (as I call it) Parum mission.

rogue_robot
Jan 26, 2008, 10:30 AM
Just about all sci-fi weapons are going to look either Star-Wars-ish or just plain silly (all non-Serafi daggers, imo). Personally, I don't mind the Star-Wars-ish look.

As for elements, I typically base it on which character I'm playing. Honestly, as fast as all non-robots die, just go with what looks good. As long as your %s aren't too high, you can just stick with your favorite weapon all the time.

SJW89
Jan 26, 2008, 10:37 AM
If I have a favorite weapon that isn't useful...well...I BUY ANOTHER OF A DIFFERENT ELEMENT!

For example, I loved the 34% lightning Crea Doubles +3/10 I synthed and grinded, but I wanted ground, so in addition I bought 34% ground Crea Doubles +4/10. Back when they were worth something >.>;

drizzle
Jan 26, 2008, 11:59 AM

No... with neutral weapons (and shields) you're always at a disadvantage.

SATatami
Jan 26, 2008, 12:02 PM
On 2008-01-26 08:59, drizzle wrote:

No... with neutral weapons (and shields) you're always at a disadvantage.

How so? The only advantage you get from having "an advantage" puts you at a DISadvantage to something else. There are no advantages or disadvantages to neutral weapons. Sure a 50% fire can annihilate ice monsters, but what's it do to fire monsters? And what's it do to every other monster type? It does what? That's right. Neutral damage. Case and point.

EDIT: On that same note, playing as a human puts you always at a disadvantage? They're no different from neutral weapons.

EDIT2: Lol... Anyway you look at it though, you can't deny the stability of a low% weapon and a neutral weapon. Nothing like punching De Ragan, De Rol Le, Zoulgoug, Dimmazolgus, Alterazagoug (however you spell it.) and Dulk Fakis all the face with the same weapon... And being at a disavantage on none of em.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-01-26 09:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-01-26 09:13 ]</font>

R2D6battlebot
Jan 26, 2008, 12:13 PM
On 2008-01-26 09:02, SATatami wrote:
EDIT: On that same note, playing as a human puts you always at a disadvantage? They're no different from neutral weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-01-26 09:05 ]</font>

Humans are massively outclassed in at least one area by every other class. This doesnt mean they are bad, so for anyone thinking Im downtalking humans, then learn to read the entire post before jumping to conclusions. Humans are not bad, persay, they just arent good, so why exactly would you want to play with something that just isnt as good as it could be? I see the only reason to play with a human is that you can change classes all the time and not worry about sucking too much, but in that case you would have to switch weapons all the time anyway. It doesnt make any sense to make neutral elements, especially since if you happen to make a high% you can just sell it for huge profit and then buy some 10% weapons with some grinds on them, therefore making them stronger AND minimalizing the 'drawback' of fighting the same element. And for the record, I think the only time you would ever actually care about fighting a creature with the same element is if you literally only walk around with one weapon anyway, in which case you obviously dont care about effectiveness anyway.

SATatami
Jan 26, 2008, 12:17 PM
On 2008-01-26 09:13, R2D6battlebot wrote:

Humans are massively outclassed in at least one area by every other class. This doesnt mean they are bad, so for anyone thinking Im downtalking humans, then learn to read the entire post before jumping to conclusions. Humans are not bad, persay, they just arent good, so why exactly would you want to play with something that just isnt as good as it could be? I see the only reason to play with a human is that you can change classes all the time and not worry about sucking too much, but in that case you would have to switch weapons all the time anyway. It doesnt make any sense to make neutral elements, especially since if you happen to make a high% you can just sell it for huge profit and then buy some 10% weapons with some grinds on them, therefore making them stronger AND minimalizing the 'drawback' of fighting the same element. And for the record, I think the only time you would ever actually care about fighting a creature with the same element is if you literally only walk around with one weapon anyway, in which case you obviously dont care about effectiveness anyway.

Yeah. Low %'s rock exactly for that purpose. I don't really care for high % weapons for the exact purpose that they suck hard against certain monsters. So I'd say just go for looks. But on another note, there are some classes where human's balancedness just shine, such as Wartecher. (Granted you're actually USING the attack techs of the class, like a lot of WTs don't. Waste of potential, really...)

R2D6battlebot
Jan 26, 2008, 12:31 PM
On 2008-01-26 09:17, SATatami wrote:
So I'd say just go for looks.

The main reason anybody in this game goes for high % weapons isnt for effectiveness, there are videos showing that elemental percentage only adds about 50-200 damage per hit depending on PA usage/level of PA etc etc, the main reason people spend so much money on high % weapons is for looks on the pallette. Sure they are slightly more effective against 1/6 of the creatures, but the reason people want high % is because any noob ID number 73XXX can start playing and level to 120 AND get a full S rank pallette within 2 weeks, especially with events like this one. People want high % on their pallette to stand out, so that they dont blend in a crowd as 'just another FiG' or whatever the case may be.

But still, as for neutral element weapons, I still ask why would you want to use something that can obviously be made a lot better? What else would you want to spend money on that you cant just buy two different elements of the same weapon so that there is no disadvantage?

Chaosgyro
Jan 26, 2008, 12:33 PM
I hope Pillan doesn't mind me bringing his genius into this thread...

Originally posted by Pillan

Humans:

They have the most balanced stats all around, making them the ideal for any class that uses all stats (every class except Fortefighter, Protranser, and Fortetecher) and they also receive a 2% stat bonus to all basic classes, a 3% stat bonus to Fighgunner, Guntecher, Wartecher, and Protranser, and a 5% stat bonus to Acrofighter and Acrotecher. As an Acro-class, their stats nearly overlap Cast ATP and Newman ATA and EVP and they really do overlap Beast DFP. Their MST outweighs the HP advantage of Beasts and Casts with mid-range elemental armor when the enemy isn’t significantly stronger. They are also the highest ATP race that can equip A rank Crea weapons, which hit an extra target with their basic attacks. However, their balanced stats and bonuses come at the price of a special ability

On topic: If you want to use your shiny S rank all the time then you should go neutral or hope for a low percent. Otherwise, I suggest making it your favorite element first, filling out the rest with some decent A ranks, (A -> S difference isn't that much) and just go about replacing the As with new Ss as they become available.

Oh, or become a gunner. Get yourself one decent S rank, grind it, and go afk level some bullets. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

drizzle
Jan 26, 2008, 12:50 PM
How so? The only advantage you get from having "an advantage" puts you at a DISadvantage to something else. There are no advantages or disadvantages to neutral weapons. Sure a 50% fire can annihilate ice monsters, but what's it do to fire monsters? And what's it do to every other monster type? It does what? That's right. Neutral damage. Case and point.

Did you know there are 6 slots on your weapon palette? Yeah you learn something new every day.

SATatami
Jan 26, 2008, 12:52 PM
What else would you want to spend money on that you cant just buy two different elements of the same weapon so that there is no disadvantage?

You see, that's the way to do it. But more players can't afford that.

On topic: If you want to use your shiny S rank all the time then you should go neutral or hope for a low percent. Otherwise, I suggest making it your favorite element first, filling out the rest with some decent A ranks, (A -> S difference isn't that much) and just go about replacing the As with new Ss as they become available.

Aye. *gibs cookie*

Did you know there are 6 slots on your weapon palette? Yeah you learn something new every day.

Pfft. You're completely missing the point. Not everyone plays this game for DPS. It's perfectly okay to sport green. It's perfectly okay to sport your shiny green S rank to everyone. And that... Is all there is to it~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-01-26 10:08 ]</font>

MrNomad
Jan 26, 2008, 12:56 PM
No, but when they wanna use a weapon they tend to wanna get the most out of it, ya'know?

SATatami
Jan 26, 2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I can understand. >_> The point I was trying to make is that green's alright. The Fonz'd wear green, so it's cool! Eeeeyyyy!

SATatami
Jan 26, 2008, 01:06 PM
Dubba post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-01-26 10:19 ]</font>

drizzle
Jan 26, 2008, 01:18 PM
On 2008-01-26 09:52, SATatami wrote:
Pfft. You're completely missing the point. Not everyone plays this game for DPS. It's perfectly okay to sport green. It's perfectly okay to sport your shiny green S rank to everyone. And that... Is all there is to it~

If you ignore the fact that greens don't impress anyone~ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif~

SATatami
Jan 26, 2008, 01:20 PM
On 2008-01-26 10:18, drizzle wrote:

On 2008-01-26 09:52, SATatami wrote:

If you ignore the fact that greens don't impress anyone~ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif~

All they have to impress is yourself~

SATatami
Jan 26, 2008, 01:20 PM
WTF DOUBLE POST.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-01-26 10:23 ]</font>

Tsavo
Jan 26, 2008, 01:47 PM
I've never understood this arguement. Yeah sure there's nothing wrong with grenn, its still damage. If you're making an S rank though why wouldn't you try to make it stronger? With elemental photons you get a chance at making the wep ridiculously powerful, normal give you 5% boost to synth or some such(which doesn't matter really now that S rank synth rates have been boosted across the board). With the exception of special circumstances like the event there isn't mission I can think of that has mobs of more that 3 different elements. Its not hard to pick up A ranks with decent %'s and grind them up to use where your S rank doesn't have an advanatge. Why would one choose to limit themself with neutral or low % weapons? I just don't get it.

Libram
Jan 26, 2008, 01:58 PM
That person that uses neutral weaponry may not be dishing out the greatest damage possibly, but they also aren't constantly cycling weapons in and out of their palette every time they change missions. They are exchanging the situational effectiveness for an overall versatility.

It also causes less of an inventory headache.

SATatami
Jan 26, 2008, 02:01 PM
On 2008-01-26 10:58, Libram wrote:
That person that uses neutral weaponry may not be dishing out the greatest damage possibly, but they also aren't constantly cycling weapons in and out of their palette every time they change missions. They are exchanging the situational effectiveness for an overall versatility.

Aye. You all DO understand how much of a pain in the ass it is to carry around six of each weapon type you use, right?

Thela
Jan 26, 2008, 02:08 PM
I'll just sit here with my collection of (mostly player shop bought) elemental weapons and, all other things being equal, outdamage your neutral weapons every time. How you play is irrelevant, elemental weapons are better than neutral weapons, end of story.

Chaosgyro
Jan 26, 2008, 02:10 PM
That's a one-dimensional viewpoint. Elemental weapons are better than neutrals weapons for damage, end of story. They are not, however, better for ease of use, inventory space, number of weapons needed, or in certain cases - looks.

SATatami
Jan 26, 2008, 02:11 PM
On 2008-01-26 11:08, Thela wrote:
I'll just sit here with my collection of (mostly player shop bought) elemental weapons and, all other things being equal, outdamage your neutral weapons every time. How you play is irrelevant, elemental weapons are better than neutral weapons, end of story.

And the elitists arrive in the topic~

SATatami
Jan 26, 2008, 02:17 PM
On 2008-01-26 11:10, Chaosgyro wrote:
That's a one-dimensional viewpoint. Elemental weapons are better than neutrals weapons for damage, end of story. They are not, however, better for ease of use, inventory space, number of weapons needed, or in certain cases - looks.

Oh, but he must enjoy going back to his room after every mission to get the weapons he needs for maximum damage! Either that or he enjoys carrying around 55 weapons, 3 sets of clothes, trimates, stars, and maybe a trap! That's his whole inventory~!

Libram
Jan 26, 2008, 02:19 PM
Crazy thread has reached an impasse. Let's all just let it go, now.

Chaosgyro
Jan 26, 2008, 02:21 PM
Seriously. If you like to use 5 different weapon types, which isn't a large stretch, you carry half of your inventory just in backups. Even if you only carry a few with you at a time you most likely spend 1/4 of your inventory on those weapons, plus another 1/3 or 1/2 on items, armor and units, and clothes.

SATatami
Jan 26, 2008, 02:24 PM
On 2008-01-26 11:21, Chaosgyro wrote:
Seriously. If you like to use 5 different weapon types, which isn't a large stretch, you carry half of your inventory just in backups. Even if you only carry a few with you at a time you most likely spend 1/4 of your inventory on those weapons, plus another 1/3 or 1/2 on items, armor and units, and clothes.

I normally carry around and USE uhhhh.... *counts* One... Two... 11 different weapon types. I honesltly don't think I can afford backups. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Thela
Jan 26, 2008, 02:32 PM
Oh, but he must enjoy going back to his room after every mission to get the weapons he needs for maximum damage! Either that or he enjoys carrying around 55 weapons, 3 sets of clothes, trimates, stars, and maybe a trap! That's his whole inventory~!
No, I generally tend to do more than one run of a mission actually, rather than skipping around. And if I was to do more than one mission, I'd just take the elements I needed most for those missions rather than carrying around 6 weapons of every type. If I needed other elements, then I'd go back to my room, and since I usually play with friends they wouldn't mind.

If you have a neutral weapon and I have a Fire weapon and an Ice weapon, I'm still going to do at the very least the same damage you do on every monster, and I'll be strong against two elements versus your none for only twice the inventory space. And since I generally only need 6 weapon types, I'm only going to have 12 (and that's not factoring in guns). 12 inventory space is nothing and leaves me plenty of room for other stuff, so I'm not even inconvieniencing myself.

So, nice try, but I'm afraid you'll need a bit more than infantile name-calling, assumptions and faux-Japanese mannerisms to make me look the fool.

Pillan
Jan 26, 2008, 03:07 PM
I'd just make my first goal to get 1 S rank of each element if I really wanted to focus on shiny weapons. Then choose my favorite element for each weapon from then on.

I really don't like neutral because it's not hard to get 6 elemental weapons. And, as was mentioned above, an elemental weapon is still neutral to 4 other elements, and 2 opposite element weapons deal as much or better than neutral.

SATatami
Jan 26, 2008, 05:51 PM
On 2008-01-26 12:07, Pillan wrote:
I'd just make my first goal to get 1 S rank of each element if I really wanted to focus on shiny weapons. Then choose my favorite element for each weapon from then on.

I really don't like neutral because it's not hard to get 6 elemental weapons. And, as was mentioned above, an elemental weapon is still neutral to 4 other elements, and 2 opposite element weapons deal as much or better than neutral.

I normally just grab whatever looks cool or to my tastes, and if it's high %, well, go me, eh? =/ I carry around enough damn weapons on me to take out an army. 14~21... lol XD but yeah. With as many weapon types as melee classes can use, if you're actually USING all the types, then element shouldn't be a problem.

DAMASCUS
Jan 26, 2008, 06:08 PM
I suppose if one type of weapon is your favorite and its always part of your inventory then that could be useful. i.e. neutral Mugunruk...Majarra is just as devestating.

On the other hand, saying 'neutral is the way to go' is what noobs say to try and 'Barrel-Roll' the fact that they are da uber lazzness.

SATatami
Jan 26, 2008, 06:16 PM
On 2008-01-26 15:08, DAMASCUS wrote:
I suppose if one type of weapon is your favorite and its always part of your inventory then that could be useful. i.e. neutral Mugunruk...Majarra is just as devestating.

On the other hand, saying 'neutral is the way to go' is what noobs say to try and 'Barrel-Roll' the fact that they are da uber lazzness.

Wouldn't it be better to just bring a muktrand the same element as your fave color? And I'm not saying it's the way to go, just saying it's a viable option that does, indeed, work for some people. =D But you're right... I am uber lazy... =( *has been on PSU for about 8 hours and hasn't run a single run*

Kamiense
Jan 26, 2008, 06:24 PM
That's why you create high % A ranks and hope your S rank comes out. For anyone using weapons as "looks", don't join random party. You're annoying sporting your green weapons, doing weak ass damage, complaining to people about their weapon choices.

If you have enough money for weapons, synth weapons. Don't take the cheap route or you'll gimp yourself in the future. Why would anyone use a weapon for looks? You barely see it and can't in the lobby. It's completely stupid.

SATatami
Jan 26, 2008, 06:28 PM
On 2008-01-26 15:24, Kamiense wrote:
If you have enough money for weapons, synth weapons. Don't take the cheap route or you'll gimp yourself in the future. Why would anyone use a weapon for looks? You barely see it and can't in the lobby. It's completely stupid.

Welcome to 99% of S ranks.

Xaeris
Jan 26, 2008, 06:49 PM
As a person who synths his preferred weapon types in all six elements, I don't experience this inventory nightmare the neutrals are hyping up. Just because I have 30 different striking weapons doesn't mean I need all 30 of them in the same mission, or hell, even the same day. If I need a different loadout, chances are, I'm going through the uni cube anyway to get to wherever it is I'm going so it's no bother to swap equipment on the way.

It's fine if you're truly content using greens. Really, I don't mind if your approach to character building is different than mine. But please, stop trying to justify your choice by projecting your insecurities about it onto those who prefer high %s. It's ridiculous.

SJW89
Jan 26, 2008, 07:31 PM
On 2008-01-26 10:58, Libram wrote:

People who can put up with that headache are more skilled and have more mental endurance.

There will NEVER be a neutral weapon stronger than an attributed weapon, given you use the RIGHT attributes.

Xaeris
Jan 26, 2008, 07:57 PM
All right, let's not go overboard and draw conclusions about a person's mental constitution from their weapon preference. That's every bit as ridiculous as the other thing.

Sekani
Jan 26, 2008, 08:41 PM
Unless green is your favorite color, there is seriously no reason to ever go neutral. Elemental weapons are strong against one type, as good as neutral against four more, and the last one... for God's sake use another weapon.

SJW89
Jan 26, 2008, 11:07 PM
On 2008-01-26 16:57, Xaeris wrote:
All right, let's not go overboard and draw conclusions about a person's mental constitution from their weapon preference. That's every bit as ridiculous as the other thing.

It's not about weapon preference, he just specifically said he gets a headache from switching weapons. How do you get a headache from pushing a button? It's what you do with everything else in the game.

Libram
Jan 27, 2008, 12:18 AM
The only neutral weapons I have are a Gungnata and Shura-hiken I've found from missions, and I haven't used either. I do enjoy the extra damage I get from correctly matching elements and prefer to have the correct weapons for whatever situation I'm facing to maximize my output. All I'm saying is I understand why some people want to use neutrals, and I don't hold it against them in the slightest. I don't see it as an attack on my own choices or as an affront to my sensibilities.

EngelBlut
Jan 27, 2008, 01:28 AM
On 2008-01-26 15:16, SATatami wrote:

On 2008-01-26 15:08, DAMASCUS wrote:

Wouldn't it be better to just bring a muktrand the same element as your fave color? And I'm not saying it's the way to go, just saying it's a viable option that does, indeed, work for some people. =D But you're right... I am uber lazy... =( *has been on PSU for about 8 hours and hasn't run a single run*

ha ive been on 16 hours no runs... ive been b-listed by to meny people

icewyrm
Jan 27, 2008, 04:35 AM
I like greens, they're rarer than elemental weps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Having said that, I haven't had any luck in synthing high % elemental weps anyway, so it doesn't really matter what weps I use vs what monsters, the damage difference is negligable. Also, I find it amusing how much value people put in the numbers that appear above monsters heads. Maybe you should all become accountants? XD

Powder Keg
Jan 27, 2008, 04:46 AM
Green Kan Yu rules all!

(and yes, people are impressed by it)

FirefoxKyuubi
Jan 27, 2008, 06:54 PM
On 2008-01-26 09:31, R2D6battlebot wrote:

On 2008-01-26 09:17, SATatami wrote:
So I'd say just go for looks.

The main reason anybody in this game goes for high % weapons isnt for effectiveness, there are videos showing that elemental percentage only adds about 50-200 damage per hit depending on PA usage/level of PA etc etc, the main reason people spend so much money on high % weapons is for looks on the pallette. Sure they are slightly more effective against 1/6 of the creatures, but the reason people want high % is because any noob ID number 73XXX can start playing and level to 120 AND get a full S rank pallette within 2 weeks, especially with events like this one. People want high % on their pallette to stand out, so that they dont blend in a crowd as 'just another FiG' or whatever the case may be.

But still, as for neutral element weapons, I still ask why would you want to use something that can obviously be made a lot better? What else would you want to spend money on that you cant just buy two different elements of the same weapon so that there is no disadvantage?

I couldn't agree more.

SJW89
Jan 27, 2008, 07:07 PM
On 2008-01-26 09:31, R2D6battlebot wrote:

You're retarded.
Neutral Soda Joggi hits for less than 2,000.
50% Soda Joggi hits for 2,700.

DAMASCUS
Jan 27, 2008, 07:16 PM
Elementals must still have a fair amount of impact because my Ank Pikor 34% slightly outdamages my Ank Dedda 22%( Yeah, not great). Don't worry I'll grind it a bit to change that, but can you imagine my dissapointment...

note: with axes...ATA ftw

SJW89
Jan 27, 2008, 07:22 PM
I've seen a 50% twin BUSTER outdamage 30% heavy twins.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SJW89 on 2008-01-27 16:22 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Jan 27, 2008, 07:26 PM
Was that before AotI, or after?

Reipard
Jan 27, 2008, 08:34 PM
Aye. You all DO understand how much of a pain in the ass it is to carry around six of each weapon type you use, right?

Actually, that'd explain how the hell people have full inventories after 1-2 runs and then cry 'GIVE FINDER ON NORMAL PL0X' XP.

GreenArcher
Jan 27, 2008, 09:06 PM
Elemental %s only effect weapon ATP now in post-expansion. So on thing like twin daggers, where the 10* versions only have about 200 ATP, you're best off simply going for neutral or whatever color you think looks cool. Even with a decent %...say 34%, you're only getting a hefty +68 ATP, which really isn't that much compared to PA mods, buffs, and JA.

Axes, swords, spears and the like are more worth investing into with elemental %s, due to their high ATP.

Pillan
Jan 27, 2008, 09:33 PM
On 2008-01-27 18:06, Green_Archer3 wrote:
Elemental %s only effect weapon ATP now in post-expansion. So on thing like twin daggers, where the 10* versions only have about 200 ATP, you're best off simply going for neutral or whatever color you think looks cool. Even with a decent %...say 34%, you're only getting a hefty +68 ATP, which really isn't that much compared to PA mods, buffs, and JA.

That’s not true at all. If you want to check, just pick up some high elemental twin daggers or whips.

All they did was reduce the value of each elemental increase, so that 10% is still 10%, but 50% is more like 36-38%. In other words, a high elemental weapon, regardless of rank, still does a lot more damage than a neutral one to the proper enemy type. And in many cases a higher element weapon will just do more (i.e., my 46% crimson does less damage than my 50% buccaneer now) just because base ATP is that much higher than weapon ATP.

But, still, element is the most important factor in output. The only difference is that the effect is slightly less dramatic than it used to be.

SJW89
Jan 27, 2008, 10:10 PM
On 2008-01-27 16:26, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Was that before AotI, or after?

Before AND after. I retested it. Elemental weapons didn't get weaker, neutral got stronger.