PDA

View Full Version : Just Attack?!

jerrelle
Jan 26, 2008, 09:54 PM
Is it worth it? I have got the timing down to damn near perfect (unless there's lag) and it works great. Now my dilenma is, with the critical hit am I losing out on the # of times I can make contact? With the "just attack" sequence, you have to wait until your strike animation is almost over before you do the next attack. Now in that time frame, you are losing the chance to strike again (albeit for a lesser amount). In the long run, is it worth it to lose strike attempts for a chance at a higher attack?

BTW, doing the "just attack" with PA's is a must! I had a 14% light seva palassa (I'm level 55 with a level 31 rising strike). Regular attack garnered 350-400 on first and second combo. Leading into the first combo with a regular attack brought the number to 900+ on first combo and 1000+ on second combo and you lose little to no speed at all on the PA attacks from my experience.

pikachief
Jan 26, 2008, 09:56 PM
i only JA regular hits cuz it raises the PP very well like that

jerrelle
Jan 26, 2008, 10:02 PM
That's part of my issue. I do the "just attack" on the regular hits to recharge PP. I like to do the 3 strike into the PA strikes. It's just I want to know everyone's idea on whether I'm losing out by doing so.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 26, 2008, 10:14 PM
On weapons like double sabers, and swords are a waste of time to try JAing the 1st normal hit hit. You'd just wanna go straght to the next hit, and use that to just attack. I'd say it's well worth it to JA PA's though.

Billy960
Jan 26, 2008, 10:26 PM
Its up to you really, both ways have their benefits and drawbacks. I mean if you want to regen PP you can do the full combo. I usually JA off the first or 2nd hit depending on the weapon. Double Sabers and Swords I JA off the 2nd since you leave yourself open if you wait to JA off the first hit. Once I start getting low on PP though I start to JA the full combo again except on Swords and Double Sabers.

CelestialBlade
Jan 26, 2008, 11:39 PM
I use it all the time but I also use a lot of fast weapons (Acrofighter). I would avoid it on things like Swords, Double Sabers, and Nanoblast attacks because the time you waste waiting for the animation to end is going to kill your DPS.

DonRoyale
Jan 26, 2008, 11:52 PM
Back when my beast fF was level 45, she could sling the third hit of Redda with Just Attack for about 3545 damage...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Noblewine
Jan 27, 2008, 12:11 AM
Yes, using a JA is great when you are solo'ing. It helps even the damage among the mob you face.

Kylie
Jan 27, 2008, 12:36 AM
I attack to JA on every skill. If I manage, win; if I don't, not much of a loss. With that practice, I've got a lot of them down, and I'd say it makes a positive difference.

Finalzone
Jan 27, 2008, 01:43 AM
Just Attack is also good to temporarily flinch some big opponent who is about to unleash their special move