PDA

View Full Version : PSU: I just got Universe and...

Frana
Jan 27, 2008, 06:53 PM
I don't have a credit card to buy a licence with. (I'm 17) my parents don't have one either, is there any way for me to purchase the fee without a credit card?

FirefoxKyuubi
Jan 27, 2008, 06:56 PM
buy a pre-paid credit card? sell at walgreens.

Anduril
Jan 27, 2008, 06:58 PM
For 360 or PC/PS2? For PC/PS2 I'm pretty sure that a pre-paid gift card/ credit card will work, though I have heard that some people have issues using them with the 360 version since it has to be done through XBox LIVE.

Sinaku
Jan 27, 2008, 07:43 PM
I doubt a prepaid credit card will work because you have to input your name and address when registering with Sega. That name and address is checked to see if it matches what the credit card's name and address is. Because the credit card does not have you on file, it will probably not work. I got away with making a bank account by myself at 17...though I really don't know how.

Your only options are to have your parents open a bank account for you and add a debit card to that bank account or pay a friend money every 30 days to use their credit card.

I would let you use mine, except for the fact that you'd probably have to use PayPal to pay me 10 dollars every month. If you have a paypal account and would be willing to do that, you can contact me. If not, use one of the options I listed above.

Hope to see you online!

Dealer
Jan 27, 2008, 07:54 PM
I've heard the prepaid cards work.

Sinaku
Jan 27, 2008, 08:08 PM
Theres a chance they might, but because of the reason I stated, it seems likely that they won't work. I could be wrong, so if someone could confirm this, that would be nice. I know a friend of mine tried purchasing some items online with prepaid debit card, and it wouldn't allow it because his address was not the same as the one registered with the card (which was nothing)

Bael
Jan 27, 2008, 08:34 PM
Prepaid credit cards works for PC/PS2 I have used one since PSU came out last year.
I also Use the same card for the 360 version. they are awesome for online purchases and work just like a normal credit card online. I perfer to use them instead of my real credit cards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sinaku
Jan 27, 2008, 09:00 PM
Well then, I guess it might just be airlines that don't allow them.

Psycho_Sonic
Jan 27, 2008, 10:55 PM
They don't have a bank account?

Frana
Jan 30, 2008, 11:57 AM
They have a horrid credit history.

DarkEliteRico
Jan 30, 2008, 12:48 PM
You can use a pre-paid credit card, they'll work cause that's what i'm using as well....i just really really hate banks

PALRAPPYS
Jan 30, 2008, 03:05 PM
On 2008-01-30 08:57, Frana wrote:
They have a horrid credit history.

Still might want to sign up for one. Even I have one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

pionear
Jan 30, 2008, 06:18 PM
On 2008-01-27 17:34, Bael wrote:
Prepaid credit cards works for PC/PS2 I have used one since PSU came out last year.
I also Use the same card for the 360 version. they are awesome for online purchases and work just like a normal credit card online. I perfer to use them instead of my real credit cards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I use a Debit card for PSU/AotI, so you might be able to get one...

Zelutos
Jan 31, 2008, 06:27 PM
Get a much music credit card. It's made for minors, and you put in the amount of money you want to spend. It's like a debit card, only it's actually a credit card!

http://www.muchmusic.com/muchmusiccard/

RemiusTA
Jan 31, 2008, 06:30 PM
On 2008-01-27 15:53, Frana wrote:
I don't have a credit card to buy a licence with. (I'm 17) my parents don't have one either, is there any way for me to purchase the fee without a credit card?

Either a Visa gift card or a Wal-mart prepaid card can work.

You'll need your social to activate it, but when you activate it LIE and say your 18.

It wont let you get your personalized card (until you fax them something but i never bothered) , but you will be able to use it for things like PSU.