PDA

View Full Version : Online: Acrotecher: Resta vs. Giresta

ShiroMittsu
Jan 27, 2008, 07:43 PM
I want to know why people say that Giresta is better in every way compared to Resta. How is it? Giresta at 31+ cost 70pp and Resta at 31+ cost 45pp, so for those Acrotechers that stay on top of the party's health, it is better to use Resta so their pp is not constantly running out. Also, there is the health recovery aspect. When you are using Giresta in place of Resta, and stay on top of your party's health, that means you are always overriding the previous health recovery, not allowing it to stack. I say that you use Resta for healing your party and use Giresta to revive and as a fifth buff when buffing your party to add on the health recovery and allowing it to stack. What do you all think?

Zorafim
Jan 27, 2008, 07:51 PM
Giresta costs 70pp? Are you sure those numbers are correct?

I prefer Giresta overall, from what I've seen. The HP+ given helps relieve future healing, and the revive effect makes it not as important to worry about healing on time. If given a Har/quick, the casting time is negligible on both techs, leaving PP cost the only difference between the two.

Seriously, 70 pp per cast?

SATatami
Jan 27, 2008, 07:52 PM
I thought it was 99pp at level 1...

Pillan
Jan 27, 2008, 07:53 PM
It’s rare for me to use more than one ungrinded Pegita for constant Giresta usage, so PP really isn’t an issue. Also, you’re not canceling autorecovery if the person is already down to half HP because the stored ticks obviously aren’t refilling their health anymore. All you’re doing is resetting the tics for another 4 minutes.

The actual advantages of Resta are lower PP cost, faster cast time, and a slightly larger range. If you find those things more appealing, just use Resta. I’ll stick to Giresta since I don’t have any issues with that.

And, yes 31+ Giresta is 70 PP (60 at 21+) while 31+ Resta is 45 PP (50 at 21+).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-27 16:54 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Jan 27, 2008, 07:54 PM
On 2008-01-27 16:51, Zorafim wrote:

I prefer Giresta overall, from what I've seen. The HP+ given helps relieve future healing, and the revive effect makes it not as important to worry about healing on time. If given a Har/quick, the casting time is negligible on both techs, leaving PP cost the only difference between the two.

Seriously, 70 pp per cast?

yes, but as the OP stated, if you use Giresta as your normal healing technic, you negate the future healing aspect, because you're making the hp restore effect "start over".

Umberger
Jan 27, 2008, 07:55 PM
On 2008-01-27 16:51, Zorafim wrote:

Yes, they are correct. Resta is the only TECHNIC (to my knowledge) to actually go down in PP cost from 30-31.

ShiroMittsu
Jan 27, 2008, 08:08 PM
It’s rare for me to use more than one ungrinded Pegita for constant Giresta usage, so PP really isn’t an issue.

I find this hard to believe... well unless you are a Fortetecher with only 21+ Giresta, but this is about Acrotechers.

Also, you’re not canceling autorecovery if the person is already down to half HP because the stored ticks obviously aren’t refilling their health anymore.

This only accounts for the one person you are healing. What about everyone else in the party who still has their HP recovery stacked?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShiroMittsu on 2008-01-27 17:21 ]</font>

Pillan
Jan 27, 2008, 08:22 PM
On 2008-01-27 17:08, ShiroMittsu wrote:
I find this hard to believe... well unless you are a Fortetecher with only 21+ Giresta, but this is about Acrotechers.

Caseal Acrotecher with level 40 Giresta since week 2 of AoI.

On 2008-01-27 17:08, ShiroMittsu wrote:
This only accounts for the one person you are healing. What about everyone else in the party who still has their HP recovery stacked.

I’ve never been in a party where 1 person needed to be healed and any of the other members had full health, unless that member was outside of the battlefield. And if the member is outside of the battlefield, it’s not going to hit them anyway.

ShiroMittsu
Jan 27, 2008, 08:32 PM

Then you are obviously not doing a constant Giresta. If you were to stay on top of your party's health, then you would definitely run through pp quickly, but if you magically don't, then continue with what you are doing.

I’ve never been in a party where 1 person needed to be healed and any of the other members had full health, unless that member was outside of the battlefield. And if the member is outside of the battlefield, it’s not going to hit them anyway.

Also, this happens quite a bit. I don't see how you have never seen one party member injured and the rest full health. But if that is the case for you where you neverhave that situation, then continue with what you are doing.

Danger_Girl
Jan 27, 2008, 08:38 PM
I've made the switch to Giresta and barring some kind of unforeseen change will never switch back. Even when I'm playing as wartecher I don't have PP issues very often, and on the occasion I do, the worst case scenario is I use a photon charge.

Pillan
Jan 27, 2008, 08:42 PM
On 2008-01-27 17:32, ShiroMittsu wrote:
Then you are obviously not doing a constant Giresta. If you were to stay on top of your party's health, then you would definitely run through pp quickly, but if you magically don't, then continue with what you are doing.

I heal whenever a party member is around half HP. Also it’s the magic of PP regeneration on Madoogs in general. Though, half the time, I put my Giresta Madoog on a saber or dagger and spend most of my time with the whip + debuff madoog out. What can I say? It just takes that long for my party to get weak enough for me to want to heal them.

Poncho_Jr
Jan 27, 2008, 09:07 PM
I usually use Giresta during buffing, and when everyone concentrates on the same monster. Resta for those hard to reach people.

EMPYREAN
Jan 28, 2008, 05:42 AM
i dont have giresta and nor do i want it. normal resta works fine for me and i use it as soon as i see a party member lose some HP.
and i must say i dont like ppl that only uses giresta. if im in a party whit someone that uses giresta im using the same amount of mates as if it wasent a techer in the party. but if a person is using resta im hardly using any mates at all.

darkante
Jan 28, 2008, 05:48 AM
Giresta rules IMO.

Regen effect, heal as much as resta and revives peps.

I don´t see the point of using Resta if not for speed.
But if speed is so important..just use trimates in emergency when Giresta is too slow. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Har/quick makes Giresta a permenant stay for me.

desturel
Jan 28, 2008, 10:24 AM
I use giresta as the fifth buff. Otherwise I use resta. Resta has better speed, better range, and costs less. Giresta runs out the same time that the buffs run out so I cast Giresta once when I see the buffs running out and once again after I rebuff the party...

Or at least I did previously. Currently I'm a protranser so the only healing people get from me are stars, sols and moons.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 28, 2008, 11:41 AM
I'm an AT, and I don't have resta. Honestly, the only time the health regen even matters, is when you haven't been hit for awhile and it has stacked. Even then, if the person is healing, health regen is a waste. When I solo, health regen isn't bad, but in parties with forces and such, health regen is completely unnecessary. I use giresta cause it was easier to level, can revive people, and that first magic healing because of the stacked regen.

THE JACKEL

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 28, 2008, 12:04 PM
My Harry Potter is a FT with lv28 Giresta and only has a Me / Quick, but I could never use Resta. There's no point in it. I have Giresta on one mag and on one rod and I never run out. I always carry 10 photon charges with me anyway in case I do, in which case I usually only use one. It's a non-issue. Giresta raises people.

desturel
Jan 28, 2008, 12:53 PM
On 2008-01-28 08:41, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
health regen is a waste.

If you think regen is a waste, why are you using giresta over resta? resta casts quicker and has better range at level 31 vs Giresta.

I happen to like regen tho'. I like it when the "Fakis Big Meteor of Doom" comes down and I still have half my HP left thanks to giresta. Saves me the trouble of him doing a follow up hit while still zoomed out before I can cast resta which happened to me more than once before the speed nerf was placed onto the 360 servers.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 28, 2008, 01:46 PM
On 2008-01-28 09:53, desturel wrote:

On 2008-01-28 08:41, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
health regen is a waste.

If you think regen is a waste, why are you using giresta over resta? resta casts quicker and has better range at level 31 vs Giresta.

because I got giresta to level 40 in a day, while resta people actually have to be hurt to level. Plus my AT is also an AF, and I'm not gonna keep switching PA disks whenever I change classes, so I'm limited in PA space

Plus, then people don't need to bring scapes all the time because I can revive them. And who says the longer cast time is a bad thing. Often times I can be out there fighting an enemy and someone keeps trying to heal, but I never know and I'm always out of range, with giresta, you can see them casting it and make sure you're in range of it.

When I say regen is a waste, I mean the literal health regen. When someone is half HP you're going to heal them, whether they have regen or not. That immediate stacked heal is nice however. The actual regen otherwise, is useless with a good healer.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-01-28 10:48 ]</font>

Shoobie
Jan 28, 2008, 08:31 PM
Yesterday i was in a group using Giresta, and a 120 Techer was using Resta. Now two things here affect this : Speed Time and the fact that Giresta is not based on TP (unless they fixed it). I wanna know how other people feel.

AlphaMinotaux
Jan 28, 2008, 08:42 PM
As an acrotecher with a Har / Quick I choose giresta.

Umberger
Jan 28, 2008, 08:47 PM
There's already a thread on this...that was on the first page. (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=168314&forum=20&18)

RegulusHikari
Jan 28, 2008, 08:48 PM
FT w/ Har / Quick makes both techs cast very close to the same speed (if not exact). Considering Giresta adds stackable regen (stackable over time, not stackable with each cast) and levels faster, that's the way to go.

I still use Resta, though. >_>;

June_Mermaid
Jan 28, 2008, 08:53 PM
man i use nuthing but Giresta and im a beast AT my Dori has 1350 pp in a single mission i might run out once

desturel
Jan 29, 2008, 01:27 PM
On 2008-01-28 17:48, RegulusHikari wrote:
FT w/ Har / Quick makes both techs cast very close to the same speed (if not exact).

As an AT w/ Har / Quick, Resta still casts faster. >.> It's not a hard thing to test. Just stand next to someone casting Resta while casting giresta.

Dragon_Knight
Jan 29, 2008, 09:30 PM
You know its kinda funny...back when Giresta first came out...it was the most worthless tech (due to death penalty AND the fact it was 99 PA frags) now its the most sought after one....

Anyway...for me I prefur plain resta...larger range, quicker cast time, lower PP, and already about to hit lv 31 anyway (currently around 80%). But my number 1 reason is: I'd rather not see people die cause then I would have to rebuff them.

Shishi-O
Jan 30, 2008, 11:17 AM
i use a pegita w mindy as acrotecher, cast pp cost is not anything to concern myself with, cast time as acro w/ my har/ quick. is reduced to a joking matter,.....seems faster than resta on fortetecher

Shishi-O
Jan 30, 2008, 11:22 AM
On 2008-01-27 17:32, ShiroMittsu wrote:

Also, this happens quite a bit. I don't see how you have never seen one party member injured and the rest full health. But if that is the case for you where you neverhave that situation, then continue with what you are doing.

if i stand and try to empty my pegita it( annoyingly) takes a while using giresta,....and i use six of them

the cast speed,...r u serious? before AOTI my resta was lvl 30, so was giresta, but in battle i would spam giresta( i was using granarodocs w 1600pp )

i seriously don't see how people are using resta still.

it's so caveman, like a one trick pony.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2008-01-30 08:27 ]</font>

Alamar
Jan 30, 2008, 02:02 PM
I use Giresta as a fifth buff and Resta after that also.

Powder Keg
Jan 30, 2008, 02:08 PM
Wow, that's awfully high for level 31+. Sounds better to just use Resta, then.

Xefi
Jan 30, 2008, 04:20 PM
resta is better for healing because it has longer range and cost less PP per cast.
I guess just use giresta as a supplement with those buffs.