PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Is there any way to play PSU in English on a Japanese 3

Nyushin
Jan 28, 2008, 07:28 AM
Does anyone know, of ANY way, that you can play PSU in English on a Japanese 360?

I live in Japan and I really want to play PSU. I've wanted to since I got the machine over a year ago, but so far I haven't - because apparently the Japanese version of the game only runs in Japanese, and the American/Euro versions aren't multi-region.

So, this place seems like the top PSU community I could find, so if anyone will know a way, the answer would best be found here, I'm sure.

Can anyone help me out?

Possibilities include, perhaps my knowing of the Japanese version only being in Japanese is in error, perhaps the Korean version would play in English, perhaps if you run the Japanese version and download the Euro expansion from the marketplace it will somehow "flip" into English... ANY SOLUTION WILL BE CONSIDERED.

RedMussel
Jan 28, 2008, 07:31 AM
Can you speak Japaneses? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SJW89
Jan 28, 2008, 07:31 AM
Just a warning, if you download the European or American expansion, it won't work on your Xbox. They'll still charge you for it though.

Someone else had the same problem, in Europe they tried to get the Japanese expansion and it F'ed up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SJW89 on 2008-01-28 04:31 ]</font>

Nyushin
Jan 28, 2008, 07:34 AM
GRRR

Honestly, I feel like chucking my Xbox out the window sometimes. The two most anticipated 360 games of mine before the machine's release? Armored Core 4 and PSU - and those are the ONLY GOOD non-import friendly games.

RedMussel
Jan 28, 2008, 07:37 AM
On 2008-01-28 04:34, Nyushin wrote:
GRRR

Honestly, I feel like chucking my Xbox out the window sometimes. The two most anticipated 360 games of mine before the machine's release? Armored Core 4 and PSU - and those are the ONLY GOOD non-import friendly games.

Is Japan nice to live in? Are you a nice person? How old are you? Did you always live in Japan? Do you like rice, if so why?

Nyushin
Jan 28, 2008, 07:41 AM
Yes. Generally speaking, yes. 24. No. Yes, because it's flexible and filling.

RedMussel
Jan 28, 2008, 07:43 AM
On 2008-01-28 04:41, Nyushin wrote:

:) thank you, wanna be friends?

SATatami
Jan 28, 2008, 07:46 AM
On 2008-01-28 04:43, RedMussel wrote:

On 2008-01-28 04:41, Nyushin wrote:

:) thank you, wanna be friends?

lol biasedness. :3

Nyushin
Jan 28, 2008, 07:48 AM
I'm really hoping I can SOMEHOW swing this. PSO is one of my favourite games. I could get the PC version but I want the 360 one.

RedMussel
Jan 28, 2008, 07:49 AM
:]

McLaughlin
Jan 28, 2008, 02:44 PM
On 2008-01-28 04:49, RedMussel wrote:
+1

As for the topic at hand, I think you're screwed.

Armored Core 4 was pretty cool though.

Inazuma
Jan 28, 2008, 07:38 PM
just buy an american machine then. but if you are really living in japan, maybe you could benefit from learning the language.

chaostroop3
Jan 28, 2008, 09:32 PM
mmmmmm if you live in japan u should kno japanese lol and mmmmm well u can... uhhhh well on englesh 360s thares a way to change your languge if you change languge than mabeyyou can play it =] ..... mabey

chaostroop3
Jan 28, 2008, 09:33 PM
also if you get this working than add xiorath to friends list (if youplay online) and ill help ya out =]

Nyushin
Jan 29, 2008, 02:48 AM
On 2008-01-28 16:38, Inazuma wrote:
just buy an american machine then. but if you are really living in japan, maybe you could benefit from learning the language.

Because, knowing everything about me, you'll know that I haven't even tried, and that I'm staying here long enough to justify the effort.

On 2008-01-28 18:32, chaostroop3 wrote:
mmmmmm if you live in japan u should kno japanese lol and mmmmm well u can... uhhhh well on englesh 360s thares a way to change your languge if you change languge than mabeyyou can play it =] ..... mabey

Yes, that's true. However, the Japanese version of PSO doesn't work like this - most others do, such as Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Gears of War, etc.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 29, 2008, 01:48 PM
Well, it's not really that hard to play PSU in Japanese if you can at the very least read katakana. You can still type in English and use the mic so it doesn't really matter anyway. You could be one of the only people who speaks English and has a Japanese name. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

6_8_10
Jan 30, 2008, 02:51 AM
There's no way to change the text in this game, regardless of what language you set your system to. I know from experience- I'm playing it on a Japanese system.

Speaking Japanese and reading it are two very different beasts. I know about 900 kanji and I'd be hard pressed to get through a kids book in Japanese. As mntoned above, being able to read Hiragana and Katakana would help a lot in this game- most of the item and weapon names use it. A lot of the location names and mission names do use Kanji, though. Same with the NPC text, including all shopkeeper text (grinding warning and instructions) and mission briefing text such as the events. It took a little stumbling around, but I think I'm doing quite well on the Japanese version of the game now. If you don't read Hiragana and Katakana, learn it. It's pretty easy to pick up. And as someone else mentioned. playing with players you can still enter English text or just use the mic. I try to play with a lot of Japanese players just to practice my Japanese skills.

I do have one character with the name entered in Japanese text. I find I get booted from games immediately after joining due to that. I just figure I don't want to play with the racists anyway, even though I'm not Japanese.

I say go ahead an pick up the game. It's not too hard to figure out what you're doing, and if you ever need any halp, it's easy enough to find people willing to walk you through something or find a guide online.