PDA

View Full Version : First Failed S rank + Red Ring of Death :-(

Sir_Satyr
Jan 28, 2008, 11:54 AM
So after a very fruitful day of runs yesterday, I had gotten an {B} Ank Dedda, common fare these days but still pretty cool. I decide to synth it instead of just selling the board.

I have never liked axes, but thought it would be pretty cool to let my Fortefighter mess around with that thing for a while once he is capped. I start the synth and turn off the Xbox.

A few hours later I come back wanting to see how good the weapon that my bot put out was. I was with my friend and I asked him to fire up my console for me while I got a few things ready. Low and behold, he pushes the power button and ..................

RED RING OF DEATH

My pulse raises a bit, I start sweating some and immediately turn the box off. I wait a few second and decide to try once again. This time, everything boots up normally I pop in my disc, go to my room and my weapon fails, I get one of those stupid dolls which I will just feed to my bot anyway. Thinking that everything is cool, I log out, turn off the console and decide to come back a little later after I take care of a few things.

Last time last night I turn on the Xbox ... the red ring is back and this time it is not going away. After the initial reaction to the moment had worn off I got to thinking. My Xbox let me get on after I had gotten the first red ring long enough to let me know the item I had tried to make didn't come out. Kind of like it came out of the death rattle for a second to tell me 'you suck' before dieing completely.

I know the two events don't have anything to do with each other, but this morning when I look back on it, I just kind of have to laugh about the timing of things. I haven't failed an S rank synth ... ever. and when I do, I get the red ring of death. Talk about some freaking ironic timing.

In any case, there will be more [B] Ank Dedda, my Xbox is getting fixed. I will be getting a new Xbox tonight and everything will all be well with the world once again. lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sir_Satyr on 2008-01-28 08:54 ]</font>

Anduril
Jan 28, 2008, 02:22 PM
You are an inspiration. Despite all this crap happening to you, you still have an optimistic outlook on events. I salute you.