PDA

View Full Version : Winter event good or bad?

Cort1984
Jan 28, 2008, 05:25 PM
ok so what do you think of this winter event? I personaly think it was really poorly made jus pieced together to keep people happy because of the roll back... Come on whta the hell are they thinking 1up to winter than soon to come maximum attacker G or what ever they call it. do they really want to make it that easy to be at the lvl cap, have millions, and all the weps an armors an slots u want. once i reach cap within a day now i dont know what to do with myself on the game because i already have wat i want plus the millions to get more. WTF are they thinking.......

DEM_CIG
Jan 28, 2008, 05:27 PM
cant really say, since i ran it for only 2 days.. i thought it was ok i guess i wish i could have got some good drops in 2 days.

Pikku
Jan 28, 2008, 05:48 PM
The most I got is 300k since the event started and I dont have all I wanted >.>
I am getting EXP though (YAY) but yeah Im not getting all I wanted.

SATatami
Jan 28, 2008, 05:57 PM
Yes, it was pieced together because of the rollback... Because they had it all planned back when they released it in Japan like 5, 6 months ago... yeah. That's it, I'm sure of it. =)

Pengfishh
Jan 28, 2008, 06:03 PM
Yeah!

Noblewine
Jan 28, 2008, 06:07 PM
Is great!! Stop complaining and spam some of the mission when you get tired go do some frag runs.

Triple_S
Jan 28, 2008, 06:14 PM
I'm not getting all I wanted at all.

Think of it this way: The Winter Event was PROBABLY created with the more casual players in mind, so that they could get their level nice and high for the upcoming missions they are releasing. The drops and such are nice(Got some nice money from selling Goldania and Par Walna before the value plummeted) and the maps are somewhat interesting for a little while(please note that I was not online for Firebreak, 1up cup, or any of those other cool events).

FAILcast has benefited from this, as well as Hyoo-man and Syl. Hell, F.C. is around 50-something, Hyoo-man is locked at 25(Acrofighter 10 has killed my motivation for now...), and Syl is around 28-30(Wee, female Beast Protranser. Challenging!). This is good since I tend not to be able to stay on PSU for long, whether I get bored and play something else or just don't have enough time. I mean, for those of you that play for a good long time, spamming the mission like you do Military Subway/White Beast, then of course you'll be at the cap fast with everything you want.

Kanore
Jan 28, 2008, 06:32 PM
It's awesome, all of us who quit back in the day because grinding was getting really really annoying got to come back in like 2 weeks. I know I did, at least.

pionear
Jan 28, 2008, 06:36 PM
It's been cool for me so far, since I finally got a BlackBull {B}!

Now if I can only get a RattleSnake {B}....

EMPYREAN
Jan 28, 2008, 06:45 PM
if they dident raised the cap it wouldent be so bad but they did and that destroyd it all. im usually very slow to lv my main and it normaly takes me atleast 2 months to get my main to the next cap but now i did it in a week. shure i have alts but i see no more fun in this game atm.

gryphonvii
Jan 28, 2008, 06:50 PM
good or bad are not the right terms for this in my opinion. I think it would be better to say whether it was productive or not which in terms of levelng yes, in terms of finds and synths, I think that varies from person to person, in terms of weapon grindings, it depends on how many risks you took.

Triple_S
Jan 28, 2008, 06:51 PM
On 2008-01-28 15:45, EMPYREAN wrote:
if they dident raised the cap it wouldent be so bad but they did and that destroyd it all. im usually very slow to lv my main and it normaly takes me atleast 2 months to get my main to the next cap but now i did it in a week. shure i have alts but i see no more fun in this game atm.

I'm sorry, but(especially that last part) made no sense. By raising the cap, they allowed people to level up more. If they hadn't, you'd have reached the cap EARLIER and would have been stuck there for longer.

Also, if reaching the cap with one character lead to not enjoying the game... Well, that isn't the reason. Take a break for a while, play other games, then come back to PSU and enjoy it like a new game. It's what I did every time I got bored of PSO.

Sinue_v2
Jan 28, 2008, 08:30 PM
The event really hasn't affected me much. I haven't maxed out all my characters, and even if I had, I enjoy the playstyles and don't need constant progress to keep me going. Nor does the drive for "rares" - although there are a few tribute weapons I'd like to get my hands on even if I can't use them. (Like Psycho Wand)

I did find a Black Bull last night, but promptly gave it away with a dice roll to see who would get it.

Cort1984
Jan 28, 2008, 09:52 PM
see now thats i guess my my problem when i play a game like this i like the fact that you can have a goal that you would like to reach such as a lvl or a rare wepon that you really want. it seems to me that they are jus shortening the time that it takes to reach set goals an once you get there you are left there pondering ok what now???

pikachief
Jan 28, 2008, 09:59 PM
GOOD AND BAD

Good czu i got a needle cannon and shigga baret out of it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

and bad cuz now there are high level noobs running around S runs with cheap equipment and low PAs D:

Cort1984
Jan 28, 2008, 10:01 PM
lol true dat

Eyce_Theon
Jan 28, 2008, 10:51 PM
Good
- people have raised their alts quite fast. The veterans who spent most of their time on their mains got to skip the boring part.
- More V1 11*s are being found, adding variety to the economy.

Bad
- people have raised their mains too fast. Now we have level 120 nubs running around with 7* equipment and no real skill.
- Muzzlefever's value went down the crapper.

Cort1984
Jan 28, 2008, 10:54 PM
all the rares u find in the winter event have drop except the ones that are found in the run that i guess nooone wants to do and you all know what im talkin about the one that hardly ever lands so everyone says screw that... weps like gudda hon an a few more....

thebummers
Jan 28, 2008, 10:58 PM
Um. Since this is an "event" I shall compare it against other events we have had. In this comparison, the Winter Event sucks donkey snot lol. The droprates are horrible, the boss boxes drop just as awful as they did in old school PSU, there is basically no storyline behind it, there are no turn-in rewards, and there is no reward after the event is over or goals to shoot for. It's just rehashed old PSU content drizzled with a nice layer of XP on crack.

Besides XP and a COUPLE of previously difficult to obtain rares like Kan Yu and Blackbull, this event is not even half as good as the other events we have had. Not to mention the bulk of players will have capped their toon at 120 and have to wait a month to gain XP again once it's over.

Syl
Jan 28, 2008, 11:00 PM
My account hasn't been up since the 3rd... so in other words, I missed this event for sure. I wanted to work on my alts and it's a real shame I didn't get the chance to =/

Although, I did land a Cubo Tuma that is waiting for me :3

Mewnie
Jan 28, 2008, 11:15 PM
They should have thrown this update after the v1 update X3

Nothing like fighting those bosses and gathering up the photon charges and stelniums...

The2dCour
Jan 28, 2008, 11:28 PM
Will people stop crying about high level noobs? Seriously, if you don't like what they're doing teach them better. About their low level PA's, it's not their fault. Yell at Sega for allowing people to get exp really fast without adjusting PA leveling at the same time. I'm so tired of hearing people take this game seriously. It's a game and not the best out there. It's fun and stop crying about random shit. This game is really simple in all aspects, and I don't think that is ever going to change.

VanHalen
Jan 28, 2008, 11:40 PM
It's fun sorta. Though it can easily level my character to level cap the missions aren't THAT much fun to grind as past events. Don't really care much for the rares since even with the 9001% drop rate I still can't find anything lol. Though still in my eyes Firebreak was the best event until the whole rare map runs crisis.

Alamar
Jan 29, 2008, 12:36 AM
Just using it for leveling, Thats all it is good for to me. Rares or no rares don't bother me either way.

mvffin
Jan 29, 2008, 03:50 AM
XP : good
Drop rates: beyond garbage. everytime a board drops from a boss, its a gay 9* weapon or armor board. gimme a freakin tesbra already.

i ran this event so much, and all I have to show is a couple extra mil and a deva.

Yoshi_Ayarane
Jan 29, 2008, 04:20 AM
You're likely to get rares mid-mission than from boss boxes, really >.> So far, the best (and most) I've gotten from a boss drop is a Blackbull.

However, I did pretty much get my entire Mugunruk set by Kog Nadd wrangling in Beta. >.> <.< YEE-HAW!

Soak up the ludicrous EXP while it lasts, children! I'm hoping to have everyone above 60 before this event is over (especially Action Cat, so she can fetch me frags and thus contribute further to the War on Terror!)

Urtri
Jan 29, 2008, 04:53 AM
it was good for the following

Increase in catilium on the market making 2 handed Strike Weaps cheaper to make
Getting 2 Grinna Betes S statues for my room (102 Grinna S's killed and thats all they dropped for me T,T)

Bad for the fiollowing

Beginers running around at Cap with LOW PA lvls, no skill (people wearing Fire element armour figthing S rank Olgohmons for example or not carrying scapes,etc ,etc ,etc) and S ranks they don't use to best effect (Ice weaps on Ice creatures for example)
Increase in the number of found weapons is one thing people asking WAY more than their worth is another (deva-zashi [B] for 20 mill is a prime example (PC/PS2)
Giving us access to bosses that only drop a 11* once a Green moon (only happens every 40 blue moons lol)
Giving us 3* Luck basically forcing us to run the event for monster drops as Forced lvl 3 luck REDUCES monster rare drop rates (Firebreak's and 1UP's 3* luck anyone)

and thats my 2 Cents (i should say pence as i live in the UK but...)

stukasa
Jan 29, 2008, 11:58 AM
On 2008-01-28 21:36, Alamar wrote:
Just using it for leveling, Thats all it is good for to me. Rares or no rares don't bother me either way.

I agree with this and wonder why some people went into this event expecting 1Up Cup Part 2. This event was never intended to be on the same scale as Firebreak or 1Up. If you're looking for the next "big" event, wait for Max Attack G (or whatever they end up calling it here). I used this event for one thing: EXP/MP. I happened to find a few S-ranks along the way, but that was just an added bonus. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Alizarin
Jan 29, 2008, 06:12 PM
On 2008-01-29 01:20, Yoshi_Ayarane wrote:

I'm hoping to have everyone above 60 before this event is over

That's my goal as well. It'd be nice to have my alts level in the same rank as my main, so I have options to mix things up a bit and keep things fresh.

Temjin-On
Jan 29, 2008, 06:33 PM
The event has been good, I think.

I used to roll on PC/PS2 before I really just up and gave up the ghost in early 2007 due to time and budget constraints. Right before Christmas I bought PSU on the 360 and then got AOI off XBL. Now, my ONLY character is only level 38, just shy of 39 due to school and the casual nature of my time, but I'm overall happy with things.

It'll still be another few months probably before I hit anywhere near the rest of the games population in terms of levels and experience. I suffice to say the only A Ranks I own have been hand-me-downs from people on my friends list. (Yeah, hate me, I know.)

So not having been around for 1up and Firebreak, I've been happy with things. Seeing as, though, I don't treat PSU like serious business as much as I'd like, I'm a happy guy.

Xtian913
Jan 29, 2008, 06:43 PM
On 2008-01-29 15:12, Alizarin wrote:

On 2008-01-29 01:20, Yoshi_Ayarane wrote:

I'm hoping to have everyone above 60 before this event is over

That's my goal as well. It'd be nice to have my alts level in the same rank as my main, so I have options to mix things up a bit and keep things fresh.

Ditto! Currently have one alt at 60, and my two others are in the mid 50s so far. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jainsea
Jan 31, 2008, 02:50 AM
Good and bad...
GOOD:
Almost all my alts are at nice high lvls http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Getting lots of synthing mats.
EXP and MP is crazy :B
Finally gotten my hands on a few S ranks.

Bad:
The stages get kinda stale real fast -.-
The drops are tottal bs. I want my dam Kazarod! ><
The 4 player limit blows...
EXP and MP is crazy >.>

Im really trying not to cap my main so all
my other chars are getting some luv atm:D

I think if the areas had more thought put into them
rather then cut and paste from past events/areas it
would be so much better, I'd even look pass all the poor points lol, but as long as I get to spend time with my great friends I dont rly care what I do on
PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MzHitman
Jan 31, 2008, 08:53 AM
I enjoyed leveling up some of my alts so that I can finally run them in some missions. I'm looking forward to getting back to running regular runs again tho as I could really use pa frags.... and I haven't found anything to speak of during this whole event, except a muzzlefever board, which failed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Itchee
Jan 31, 2008, 09:11 AM
I too am ready to see the winter event end....hopefully, with the increase in drops applied to the non-AoI missions tomorrow...people will go back to doing missions other than White Beast (perish the thought!!!)

Cracka_J
Jan 31, 2008, 09:18 AM
personally expected more out of the event in terms of 11*'s dropping, prolly did around 300 some odd runs and saw 1 kan yu board drop. so I'll disagree with the op in terms of sega handing out everything you want.

did however get the 3 characters I play on capped, 2x blackbull boards, and a few muzzlefever boards. both blackbulls synthed, and by selling 1 and keeping 1 I feel I made out on the event.

It did feel good getting all my chars to cap tho, and finally being done with the event.

granis1233
Jan 31, 2008, 09:25 AM
im just usen the winter event to lvl up. i have already gone from lvl 69-82 im so happy

captainpsu
Jan 31, 2008, 11:10 AM
i think it was good because ank dedda and mugunruks dropped alot and orpad guard and legs but thats about it

amtalx
Jan 31, 2008, 11:35 AM
It was pretty pointless. Aside from easy alt leveling, it did nothing for the conentration of PSUv1 rares. IMO this is the worst event they have had so far. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Better luck next time Sega.

JarinKail
Jan 31, 2008, 12:26 PM
It was fine, jesus. It gave us all something different to do and kept us entertained. What more did you want?

Ranmo
Jan 31, 2008, 04:58 PM
It was a pretty exciting event. I kinda liked how the first day i did it, I thought it was pretty cool how it had all the planets within one mission. The exp was very nice. I guess it was a nice three weeks to make time go faster toward the maximum G event i can't wait for!

Reipard
Jan 31, 2008, 05:17 PM
I enjoyed it. It was fun, interesting and challenging (Especially when you first hit S rank). It did get old after many repeated runs, but what can you do?

I got most of my alts up to mid-50s. I'm a happy camper.

Kerry157
Jan 31, 2008, 07:26 PM
Mission Goal: Collect the data di

Cort1984
Jan 31, 2008, 10:09 PM
yes I think we all can say this event was the poorest event yet and im hoping that maximum attack G when it finaly arrives will be much better... btw any idea when that will arrive for the us servers??

VetroDrago
Jan 31, 2008, 10:39 PM
I really don't like how everyone is high lvled. It kinda sucks for us who've been around for a year or more. I mean, back in the day we had to bust our butts to get to the high lvls. Now there's noobs higher than me that probably think they're so cool. I'm sorry to complain, but it's something I feel strongly about. The event blew for me since I never get the good drops, but I'm used to it. A kan yu would have made it worth it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Cort1984
Feb 1, 2008, 12:18 AM
im sorry for your luck man but there are many people that got skunked as well.

Zael
Feb 1, 2008, 12:22 AM
level 55 to 106 in one week. hells yeah this event is awesome

ThEoRy
Feb 1, 2008, 12:30 AM
who cares its over 2nite. YAY!! Real missions again.

Gen2000
Feb 1, 2008, 12:31 AM
It was "alright" but out of the original choices I would lend more towards "good".

Zael
Feb 1, 2008, 12:32 AM
On 2008-01-31 21:30, ThEoRy wrote:

The real missions were always there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Cort1984
Feb 1, 2008, 12:33 AM
and thank what ever you want that it is over XP now let it end lol

CHOX
Feb 1, 2008, 12:36 AM
On 2008-01-31 19:09, Cort1984 wrote:
yes I think we all can say this event was the poorest event yet and im hoping that maximum attack G when it finaly arrives will be much better... btw any idea when that will arrive for the us servers??

Is Maximum Attack G only going to be for a limited time? As for this event, I hadn't played PSU for over a year, came back at level 22 and leveled up to level 43 in about a week.

mvffin
Feb 1, 2008, 12:38 AM
On 2008-01-31 21:32, Zael wrote:

The real missions were always there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

yeah, but now you could actually find a PARTY at a regular mission.

CPTCRUNCH
Feb 1, 2008, 04:46 AM
this event = total garbaje.... well for the most part it did help others level up quick yes... crazy money drops and quick mission points. Your character levels up quick... your PA's might as well whipe toilet bowls with them... as far as the drops... didnt find a dad gum thing... been hunting desert goliath S2 since the day it came out hoping for a Rattlesnake, Baret, or Orpad Guard... no such luck... seems like an endless amount of hours put into what seems nothing.. but who cares right... overall i vote this event junk.. prolly just me

Kylie
Feb 1, 2008, 02:00 PM
Something new, I suppose, but a lot of it did seem to have a negative impact on the community (imo).

ThEoRy
Feb 1, 2008, 02:20 PM
On 2008-01-31 21:38, mvffin wrote:

On 2008-01-31 21:32, Zael wrote:

yeah, but now you could actually find a PARTY at a regular mission.

Thank you!

Addark
Feb 1, 2008, 02:25 PM
You can finally find 11* Claws when you search the shop. Mizuka-misakis? Yeah. Yeahhh. Whatever they're called.

The event was half-assed, but it was a nice change of pace.

Cort1984
Feb 1, 2008, 11:13 PM
omg why the hell is this mission still here o.O

unicorn
Feb 2, 2008, 01:40 AM
It was nice. My alts gained sufficient lvls.

I lol at the people who actually attempted to hunt in this event, especially since we got that V1-droprate increase right after this event.

Murr~

Sexy_Raine
Feb 2, 2008, 02:08 AM
It wasn't completely bad

I found a Svaltus sword, Kan Yu, cati Hit, Blackbull, and Orpad guard. I really wanted Shigga Beret though. I soloed Magas many times to try to find it, but I never did. I used this event to lv my techs, all Dam-techs at 40 already. I'm glad it's over, and to get rid of that damn easy exp newer people don't even deserve. I kept Nova 110, so she can have something to do when event was over.

Also Nova today, in one run of Desert Terror has found the gur Asted [B]. The event was a waste as far as serious 11* hunting goes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-02-01 23:14 ]</font>

Mewnie
Feb 2, 2008, 02:22 AM
On 2008-02-01 23:08, Sexy_Raine wrote:
I'm glad it's over, and to get rid of that damn easy exp newer people don't even deserve.

Yeah, I mean, we don't need newer people to team up with. Let them eat the crumbs we throw at them. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/emot-awesome.gif

Cort1984
Feb 3, 2008, 06:45 PM
its still here why saga why!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DRW0406
Feb 3, 2008, 09:23 PM
IT SUX BALLS FOR DROPS BUT GOOD MONEY AND EXPERIENCE FUCK PSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashkahn
Feb 3, 2008, 10:40 PM
Yes. Thank you for that informative post.

The event was a nice distraction, but I eventually found myself soloing regular missions more often than the event missions. It just gets boring after a while, you know?

NNEONateDogg
Feb 4, 2008, 12:42 AM
I think it was good and bad; good because higher level people could finish leveling up to the level cap and get some rares and bad because new people who just joined the game for the first time are leveling too fast, have crappy photon arts levels and don't have a clue what you're saying sometimes.

Just now a LV 49 asked me to help him level up and I checked his photon arts. Oh boy...he didn't even have any of his arts at LV 21+ and only had a couple at LV 11+. I had to mute my mic from how much I was laughing. So I decided to do a couple of runs and he said in the middle of the mission, "should I use my super?". I said "what are you talking about?". He said "this thing here" and uses an SUV weapon. I said "Oh, you mean an SUV?". He said "Yeah, super SUV, whatever". Kind of cracks me up, yet makes me want to do a facepalm moment.

NNEONateDogg
Feb 4, 2008, 12:50 AM
On 2008-02-03 18:23, DRW0406 wrote:
IT SUX BALLS FOR DROPS BUT GOOD MONEY AND EXPERIENCE FUCK PSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It had poor drops, but had good output for meseta and experience. I hate Phantasy Star Universe.
Fixed.

Cort1984
Feb 4, 2008, 11:53 AM
ya it sucks and for some reason microsoft or someone someware screwed up and the 360 players have to deal with this stupid event for god knows how much longer!!!!

Lighthero
Feb 4, 2008, 12:08 PM
It sucks and It's boring. It only gave me some recent drops for 1-2 days. But It's good for money and EXP. When I get too bored... I just go farm stuff... Or have some fun with friends. It's alright to me. Doing the event over and over, I don't get bored of it easy.

Sasamichan
Feb 4, 2008, 12:22 PM
On 2008-01-28 19:51, Eyce_Theon wrote:

Bad
- people have raised their mains too fast. Now we have level 120 nubs running around with 7* equipment and no real skill.

Don't forget level 120 techers with gimp buffs.

Lighthero
Feb 4, 2008, 12:26 PM
On 2008-02-04 09:22, Sasamichan wrote:

On 2008-01-28 19:51, Eyce_Theon wrote:

Bad

Don't forget level 120 techers with gimp buffs.

I've seen enough of those people, Altough I leveled my buffs up to 21 when I was between level 30-40 before the event. Only thing that's gimp are my weps...Still bad... (It sucks, really)

MzHitman
Feb 6, 2008, 04:58 PM
Since the event "ended" I've seen lots more muzzlefever boards and picked up a blackbull board so I take back what I said about not finding anything. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

jobber
Feb 7, 2008, 12:43 PM
On 2008-02-06 13:58, MzHitman wrote:
Since the event "ended" I've seen lots more muzzlefever boards and picked up a blackbull board so I take back what I said about not finding anything. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I keep finding fighter weapons. Every f'n run. Some type of sword or spear board drops. Phantoms and Evil Twins drop but if you're running S runs as a gunner, you would have those already.