PDA

View Full Version : I'm a PSU noob and I have some questions please? XD

IudexSeraphin
Jan 28, 2008, 11:27 PM
Hey everyone. I recently started playing PSU, and I'm kinda' stuck on some things I'm trying to find out. The first thing I'm going to try and attempt to explain usually ends up making me look like an idiot, but here goes.

First off, I know whenever you change types, stats change. No exceptions. However, say that you level up(not a type level up) and you get +22 ATP as a Fortefighter. Now, say I had two characters that are both Fighgunners at level 60. Let's assume I had one character become a Fighgunner asap and stayed as one until level 60. Then, for the other character, let's say I kept him as a Fortefighter for about 20 levels. If I switched the FF back to a FG at level 60, would he have a bit more ATP due to the level up gains, or would it be set and be the exact same as the character that stayed as a Fighgunner? I know, I explain that horribly. -_-

Also, I'm at level 32 at the moment and I'm trying to decide a few things. What class? I'm trying to decide between Fighgunner, Fortefighter, and Acrofighter. I like the perks each type has, and while I know it really boils down to my opinion, I'm still not sure. The other thing is, what should I mainly be focusing my meseta on? Sorry for the noobness, guys.

Umberger
Jan 28, 2008, 11:31 PM
First question: Think of it this way. When you level up your character, you always receive the same stats. What you see scrolling on the right is just what you gained through that class' modifiers. So for instance...a Newman leveling up once may receive 3 TP. If the FF mod for TP is 100%, it will show them gaining 3 TP, but if the FT mod for TP is 300%, they'd be shown as gaining 9 TP. Either way, their character stats (without class mods) remain the same. Sorry if that's a bit weird sounding. =x

Second: Experiment between the three. Find what class has a playstyle you enjoy best and go from there.

Third: Well, since you're unsure about your class decision, I wouldn't go make any superb weapon purchases, maybe just save up your money for now...but if you find something you really want/a class you like, get a good weapon or two. Armors are good to have, but in the earlier levels you may be able to do without high % A/S rank armors. =p

bahk
Jan 28, 2008, 11:32 PM
No, what you level up as doesn't effect your total stats. A level 60 beast will always have the same stats in the respective classes as every other level 60 beast regardless of what they grew up as.

And just try them out and see. If you know the differences already there's not much left we can say.

icewyrm
Jan 28, 2008, 11:35 PM
First thing, there are two main factors in determining your stats - your character level, and your type level. The difference is important. Take your level 60 figunner example. If both characters were character level 60, and figunner level 10, and were both the same race/gender, then they would have identical stats. However, if one character was figunner level 5, then that character would have lesser stats.

Make sense? What levels you have in what type are only important when you are using that type, and it doesn't matter at what stage you decide to switch types, (aside from the fact that the new type you switch to, will likely be lower level then the one you are using, thus negatively affecting your stats.)

As of right now, fortefighter is the most powerful class in the game. However, acrofighter is faster (with one hand weps), and figunner has access to some cooler guns. You'll be an asset to a party with any of these types, just pick one and enjoy it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And don't be afraid to change if you get bored or are in the mood to experiment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: icewyrm on 2008-01-28 20:41 ]</font>

hiraisho
Jan 28, 2008, 11:42 PM
As your class levels up the stats go up by a % based off your base. for example at lv 1 protranser, your Hp is 50% of what it normally be at its base. then at lv 2 it is 60%. When your character itself levels up those stats are onto your base. So assuming both characters are the same race/gender then yea their stats would be the same.

Each of the three classes have their own perks. My suggestion would be to try them all and see which one you enjoy most. All of the classes have their own weapon selection and some poeple prefer some weapons over others. Fortefighter get a 25% bonus to PP regeration to striking weapons and only consume 80% of the normal PP cost for PAs. Fighgunner get a 25% bonus to PP regeration to both Striking and ranged weapons. Arcofighter get no PP regeration bonus but they attack much faster than fighgunner or fortefighter. All 3 Stirking PAs cap at vl 40 so their striking PAs all get the maximum potential. Fortefighter does not have much in the range weaponry, just slicers and handguns. They are pretty much built for pure hack and slash. fighgunners get a fair amount of range wepaonry on top of all of their Striking weaponry. Arcofighter have some ranged weaponry also.

Once your in one of those advanced classes I suggest getting at least a couple 7* A rank weapons or higher. C ranks are really weak, B rank for the most part are meh but can get by on them for a bit as you upgrade. Also look at armor with slots with addons to go with it. Its best to get element besed armor, not neutral based.

Im sure others will post some better info than I have but thats my 2 cents

GreenArcher
Jan 29, 2008, 04:20 PM
Fortefighter - you want to go this way if you wanna be 95% about being up there and stabbing stuff. If you want to be playing at optimal status and what not, this is your type. Fortefighters are the strongest type in the game.

Fighgunner - still strong, but not as strong as Fortefighter. You get higher accuracy, and a more diverse weaponry. You lose Axes, and a lot of S ranks, but you get a few different S ranks, and a bunch of new weapons. You also get quite a few traps.

Acrofighter - Similar stats to Fighgunner, but much higher evasion. Acrofighters trade off their raw power (when compared to Fortefighter) for better speed. Your melee weapons have something like a 20% boost. Not to mention, you have great dual wielding capabilities. You have access to S ranks of every right handed weapon, and can pair that with S rank Range-MAGs, Handguns, or A rank cards.

So in general:

Power: Fortefighter > Afrofighter or Fighgunner

Weaponry selection : Fighgunner > Fortefighter > Acrofighter

Speed, Solo capabilities : Acrofighter > Fighgunner > Fortefighter

legend_ash
Jan 30, 2008, 01:03 AM
To answer your first question stat changes to my knowledge remain the same. What I mean is if you were to level every level to 60 as a fortecher for example and switch to fortefighter the stats would be the even if you were the fortefighter all those 60 levels. Psu from what i know does not use the same system as the final fantasy series. All stats for specific levels with class levels are the same so there is no reason to fear switching classes because you may lose beneficial stats because there is nothing to lose. This explanation should make you feel a little better of your own because its definitely worse than yours.

The answer to your second question is really easy. Look at the weapons you enjoy the most and rank them. Whatever class has the most of these favorite weapons will probably be your favorite class.

The answer to your third question isn't too tough either. Since at the moment you are sure of your favorite class you shouldn't be buying any weps. Since you aren't a high level you should'nt worry for armor(I used a sori-senba for 6 months not suggesting you should get one but that you dont need to buy too much armor). I would have recomended some nice clothes but your not at a high enough level to be wasting money on appearance, so until you get some lvls and a favorite class save it up as best as you can.

If you have any further questions dont be afraid to message me. I'll respond as soon as i can.

Have a nice time playing and dont forget:We play games to have fun not to win so play nice. = )