PDA

View Full Version : Beast Oriented Wand

Leahcim
Jan 29, 2008, 01:56 AM
Newmans are meant to be sub-par in melee
Casts are meant to be sub-par with techs
Beast are meant to be sub-par with guns

With this in mind, Newmans rock as techers, are good ennough as gunners and are bad at melee

Casts rock are overkill as gunners, are great as melee and poor in techs.

Beasts are best at melee, but are sub-par with guns and techs.

Playing a beast Wartecher I really see this and frown upon this braking of the trend. Boosting their TP is not an option, but what if there was a line of wands that suited beast teachers so there was at least a difference between them and Cast techers? These wands would play upon one of their racial traits; their high HP.

Proposed Wand

- Tenora wand that drains life energy of the user to cast more powerful spells. (ie.: each cast with the wand drains HP) the HP drain would be a set number depending on the *-level of the wand.
- Stats follow the trend of Tenora tech weapons, much higher TP and lower PP than same level Yohmei wands.
- Beast Race only.

The idea behind these wands would be that they put such a stress on the user that only beasts with their highest durability (HP) among the races could wield them. They would give Beast wartechers a bit of ground to stand on, without stepping newman's feet.

Stat calculation: TP 1.35 X Yohmei TP (wand same *-level)

Examples:

Rogue Seal
- Tenora, 9* Wand
- Base Stats:
730 TP 558 PP 320 Req
- 100 HP drain per Cast, (roughly 18 casts before extremely low HP with a Beast 90/10 WT, this would be meant for <lvl100 players)

Liina's Wand
- Tenora, 12* Wand
- Base Stats:
900 TP 634 PP 470 Req
- 200 HP drain per Cast, (roughly 15 casts before extremely low HP with a Beast 120/15 WT, but this would be mean for >lvl120 players)

Also, Liina's wand would NOT be an easy Rare.

Blood Magus
- Tenora, 15* Wand
- Can't Calculate the stats, no 15* Yohmei Stats up
- 300 HP drain per Cast.
- Meant for lvl 170+

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-28 23:02 ]</font>

Mewnie
Jan 29, 2008, 02:01 AM
Eh, I just use grinded Serdotes to make up for the lack of TP.

I don't ever expect to even come close to a Newman in Teching ability.

Umberger
Jan 29, 2008, 02:03 AM
HP stealing Wand + Nosmegid = Awesome. It'd be cool, but they'd be extremely overpowered I think.

Leahcim
Jan 29, 2008, 02:03 AM
Well, so do Humans and Newmans =/

Mewnie
Jan 29, 2008, 02:04 AM
Yeah, but on the other hand, we tear up in melee compared to human and newman Wartechers :3

Mewnie
Jan 29, 2008, 02:06 AM
On 2008-01-28 23:03, Umberger wrote:
HP stealing Wand + Nosmegid = Awesome. It'd be cool, but they'd be extremely overpowered I think.

For true. I just settle for techs that offer other advantages besides ZOMGDAMAGE. Like Foie's burn 4 and Nosdiga's stun 2.

Leahcim
Jan 29, 2008, 02:06 AM
They wouldn't be overpower if it was beast only, because Beast TP is horrendus =/ This would just be a balancer for Beast Wartechers for the most part.

Hell, they wouldn't even need to be Beast only, Newmans just wouldn't get the same output unless you had a constant healer.

And Newman Meleers... are actually very good >_>;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-28 23:07 ]</font>

Mewnie
Jan 29, 2008, 02:10 AM
On 2008-01-28 23:06, Leahcim wrote:
And Newman Meleers... are actually very good >_>;

I have a Newman AF/FI alt, and they hold their own, but compared to a Beast, they're still http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/emot-awesome.gif

It's all about giving up something to be better at another thing.

I've never had any problems as WT, and my friends like having me around, so.. /shrug

Leahcim
Jan 29, 2008, 02:12 AM
I still feel that its unfair that Newmans can pull off everything well, even the stuf they aren't ment for. Casts can pull off 3 out of 4 realms (melee, ranged and support but not teching) While beasts can only melee and support, but everyone can support >_>

Mewnie
Jan 29, 2008, 02:16 AM
Yeah, it can suck. But it's not THAT bad.

Newman WTs are glass cannons compared to us beasts ;3

Hank
Jan 29, 2008, 02:18 AM
Lol any class can be a good gunner at high levels.

Mewnie
Jan 29, 2008, 02:19 AM
Thinking about it a little, techs like Megiverse and Regrants.. is it a percentage of HP drain? Or a flat cost?

Instead of special wands, make some techs that Beasts can take advantage of due to their bigger HP pools.
We still wouldn't touch a newman in damage, but we could do it for longer :3

Doh42
Jan 29, 2008, 02:22 AM
My beast F fortegunner does ~480 x2 (960!) per click or so with twin handguns (Twin Mayalee 34), and I'm not even Fortegunner 15 yet. My ATA is also incredibly ridiculously high. (540 atm if I recall correctly) What's the problem with beast + gunner exactly?

Leahcim
Jan 29, 2008, 02:24 AM
I've looked at that myself.

And We have a better ability to last with Regrant because its drain is based on the Tech Damage, and not our HP. (I've held mine down for 3 full casts without even hiting the yellow). This tech isn't meant for Damage which is fine.

Now... Nosmegid (It gains damage with Hp lose of user) is % based and not flat cost based =/ This makes me pretty sad, since if it went by flat cost based, Beasts would actually have a tech they rock with! But Its % based so it doesn't help us much. =( though 30% of 3200HP is still safer to be at then 30% of 1000 Hp http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif (GO BEASTS! =D)

Leahcim
Jan 29, 2008, 02:27 AM
On 2008-01-28 23:22, Doh42 wrote:
My beast F fortegunner does ~480 x2 (960!) per click or so with twin handguns (Twin Mayalee 34), and I'm not even Fortegunner 15 yet. My ATA is also incredibly ridiculously high. (540 atm if I recall correctly) What's the problem with beast + gunner exactly?

Its not that we can't do Guns, but our low ATA effects low ATA weaps =/ (Launchers, Shotty etc)

Also, gunner friendly Units (Bullet Save and Hard Power Charge) decrease ata even further so we feel it more there. But with weaps like Dualies, yes we can do that fine =D.

landman
Jan 29, 2008, 02:32 AM
LOL? A Beast Forteguner doesn't lack any ATA and it's ATP is higher than any other gunner in the game

Hank
Jan 29, 2008, 02:32 AM
On 2008-01-28 23:27, Leahcim wrote:

On 2008-01-28 23:22, Doh42 wrote:

Its not that we can't do Guns, but our low ATA effects low ATA weaps =/ (Launchers, Shotty etc)

Also, gunner friendly Units (Bullet Save and Hard Power Charge) decrease ata even further so we feel it more there. But with weaps like Dualies, yes we can do that fine =D.

Lol are you for real? My 120 MBe fG has no problem using shotguns or grenades. The occasional 0 pops up from my low level bullets.

Leahcim
Jan 29, 2008, 02:41 AM
Relative to Casts

But still this topic is about Beast's teching

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-28 23:44 ]</font>

Gryffin
Jan 29, 2008, 03:12 AM
I like this Idea.

One of my only real issues with PSU is race specifications. (and that there should be custom classes :T)

Along these lines, I also think we needs more Crea Weapons, and not the shitty A ranks. I mean hardcore S rank ones, so that humans aren't left in the cold.... And I'm sorry, but Kraydubz should be Human/Newman only.

Back on topic of Race specific Class-boost weapons..... Armor units might work a little better. Head unit for beasts (perhaps casts as well?) that cause Techs to drain a % (perhaps 1/5th of tech level?) For a small increase in casting speed, and a % bonus to that Beasts TP... The % would probably be something along the lines of 1/4th character level, so it would really begin to gain some push at higher levels. Imagine a level 200 beast busting out one a level 50 Diga.. o_O

Starrz
Jan 29, 2008, 04:11 AM
On 2008-01-28 23:41, Leahcim wrote:
Relative to Casts

But still this topic is about Beast's teching

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-01-28 23:44 ]</font>
Relative to CASTs, a Beast Fortegunner will see 2 more zeroes for every 100 shots fired

Find a bit more facts before you post theories, Beasts need no help. They are quite overpowered.

Leahcim
Jan 29, 2008, 12:55 PM
You don't have anything to back up your fact yourself =/

Aviva
Jan 29, 2008, 01:10 PM
I have a friend who is a beast wartecher and does fine. I am not saying this is a bad idea all in all, BUT if you are going to be a beast....you have made the choice to be not so hot at techs....like I am a newman...making the choice to not hit as hard with melee (though i do kick some ass with my fukas ^.^).

its what (is supposed) to keep the races balanced...even though the DPS from a beast fF is unreal

JAFO22000
Jan 29, 2008, 01:13 PM
Off topic, but Mewn, I noticed your Daggers of Serafi in your sig picture and the hilts of both daggers have red-tipped wings. Only the dagger in my LEFT had has those highlights...my right handed one does not. You're on PC/PS2 servers, right? Are those offline or online? I'm on 360, online, and they are painted differently. Weird.

Leahcim
Jan 29, 2008, 01:21 PM
You can only see the Wings of left dagger in that picture =/

The Right handed one's wings are hidden behind her hair

Sol_B4dguy
Jan 29, 2008, 01:23 PM
Interesting ideas there. I mostly KILL IT WITH FIRE when I go WT with my beast, though the more rounded out S-rank melee selection is nice. Some more HP-based techs would make me play it more, though, seeing as beasts in general get ridiculous HP.

JAFO22000
Jan 29, 2008, 01:30 PM
On 2008-01-29 10:21, Leahcim wrote:
You can only see the Wings of left dagger in that picture =/

The Right handed one's wings are hidden behind her hair

Ah! I mistook the part of the wing under the right elbow as part of the right dagger.

Carry on! Nothin' to see here!

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 29, 2008, 01:46 PM
For beast-specific wands, you could have dog biscuits and chew toys. The S-ranks would make cute squeaky noises. Madoogs could include floating balls of yarn and cute squeaky mice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2008-01-29 10:49 ]</font>

Doh42
Jan 29, 2008, 01:58 PM
Madoogs could include floating balls of yarn and cute squeaky mice.
Do want! :3

rogue_robot
Jan 29, 2008, 03:38 PM
I'm still waiting for them to let us tweak the stats of our race within certain bounds (yeah, I know it's not gonna happen - ever) - you know, so that we can actually play the race and class combo we want, without having to worry about sucking so royally that we end up going to the class stereotypes again anyway.

Yeah, a CAST or Beast Techer, for example, would never end up outdoing Human or Newman Techers, but they should at least be better than Human non-Techers and - at the very least - equal to Newman non-Techers!

Randomness
Jan 29, 2008, 05:52 PM
I have nothing against wierd weapons. Especially useful and wierd weapons. Holy Ray in PSO, for instance, a pistol with rifle range!

Retehi
Jan 29, 2008, 06:13 PM
On 2008-01-29 14:52, Randomness wrote:
I have nothing against wierd weapons. Especially useful and wierd weapons. Holy Ray in PSO, for instance, a pistol with rifle range!

It was a Rifle.