PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 grinder glitch possible roll back

mrbrando62
Jan 29, 2008, 01:34 PM
thousands of grinders have hit the shops for super cheap. SOmeone glitched a bunch this morning. servers are going crazy.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jan 29, 2008, 01:37 PM
does anyone know exactly whats going on with this glitching problem as we all know the game is really broken now and as usual sega leaves us in the dark. something really needs to be done or this will wreck the game completely

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 29, 2008, 01:49 PM
This just scrolled across the screen. Good thing I type fast. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

"The GM Team is currently investigating an exploit involving S Rank Grinder Boards. Any users found using this exploit or selling high-ranked grinders at suspicious prices will be issued suspensions of a minimum of 48 hours."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2008-01-29 10:51 ]</font>

ilovetypemoon
Jan 29, 2008, 01:52 PM
The only thing you can do is report through the official website. The current glitches won't wreck the game, except that one someone said about duping stacks of grinders to maximize meseta.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 29, 2008, 01:56 PM
The glitch doesn't even use the boards, according to the video I saw :|

amtalx
Jan 29, 2008, 01:59 PM
I'm usually the first to hate on ST, but I have to admit their response time on this was pretty reasonable. I just hope they aren't shy with the banhammer when this is all said and done.

Hrith
Jan 29, 2008, 02:39 PM
Oh believe me, ST is never shy with the banhammer, at least on PC/PS2.

Kietrinia
Jan 29, 2008, 02:42 PM
After this, I don't want to hear anyone accusing XBox of being cheater-free in the classic PC/PS2 vs XBox debates. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Akaimizu
Jan 29, 2008, 02:46 PM
Nobody ever said it was cheater-free. Just less affected.

On the other hand, certain exploits are bound to happen, given the team's track record. Of course, with all this talk of rollback, people might call this PSW. Phantasy Star Walmart. The only thing missing is the yellow smiley face; but if you personally miss it that much, just play Minesweeper and you'll come full circle.

The problem is, SEGA didn't catch it as early as you like to think. It's quite possible that the issues of this glitch got really started since the last update. That means the possibility of a rollback that goes all the way to the end of Thursday. Pretty significant, since I don't think any other online service ever committed that amount of rollback. And this comes especially during a limited time event.

Well. I throw a "hope you fare well through this" for the devs and the game itself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-29 11:49 ]</font>

PALRAPPYS
Jan 29, 2008, 03:29 PM
On 2008-01-29 11:46, Akaimizu wrote:
Nobody ever said it was cheater-free. Just less affected.

On the other hand, certain exploits are bound to happen, given the team's track record. Of course, with all this talk of rollback, people might call this PSW. Phantasy Star Walmart. The only thing missing is the yellow smiley face; but if you personally miss it that much, just play Minesweeper and you'll come full circle.

The problem is, SEGA didn't catch it as early as you like to think. It's quite possible that the issues of this glitch got really started since the last update. That means the possibility of a rollback that goes all the way to the end of Thursday. Pretty significant, since I don't think any other online service ever committed that amount of rollback. And this comes especially during a limited time event.

Well. I throw a "hope you fare well through this" for the devs and the game itself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-29 11:49 ]</font>

I will NOT regain those 50 PA Frags AGAIN... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PALRAPPYS on 2008-01-29 12:29 ]</font>

Temjin-On
Jan 29, 2008, 04:11 PM
Yes, while this is troubling, I retain enough optimism to say that we are not in a bad spot yet.

chibiLegolas
Jan 29, 2008, 04:14 PM
Unfortunately, suspiciously mass produced S+10 were 1st reported in mid Dec. And it's over a month old.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=164413&forum=20

Akaimizu
Jan 29, 2008, 04:17 PM
Not a surprise, but during that month, the issues were controlled a lot more. They usually are about that late at hitting upon the issues. (Robot bug, anyone?) However, over the last day, it's like a Hurricane Katrina incident all over again. Expect in the Katrina incident, quite a few people were really needy. In this case, the spellbinder came in and changed the word "Needy" to "Greedy".

It's a Word, It's a Plan, It's..........LETTERMAN!!!

The word is too public now, and it's like Christmas in Universe 1, from what I've seen in forums from people checking it out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-01-29 13:19 ]</font>

-Crokar-
Jan 29, 2008, 04:38 PM
On 2008-01-29 10:52, ilovetypemoon wrote:
The only thing you can do is report through the official website. The current glitches won't wreck the game, except that one someone said about duping stacks of grinders to maximize meseta.

oh i said that on the official boards.

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=68800

see.

cofkiller
Jan 29, 2008, 06:18 PM
Anyone know what is going to happen? i need to know to play or not.

thanks!

Temjin-On
Jan 29, 2008, 06:20 PM
Nobody knows at this time.

Nemhy
Jan 29, 2008, 06:31 PM
Did something happen? o.0

Xtian913
Jan 29, 2008, 06:32 PM
Dammit! I wanna play! I hope they say something soon...

PALRAPPYS
Jan 29, 2008, 06:34 PM
On 2008-01-29 15:32, Xtian913 wrote:
Dammit! I wanna play! I hope they say something soon...

Exactly...

It's probable so I don't wanna waste my time finishing up my "alt" to 120.

Syl
Jan 29, 2008, 06:41 PM
Hey guys, now we're even >:3

HFlowen
Jan 29, 2008, 06:41 PM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=744737#744737

Powder Keg
Jan 29, 2008, 07:12 PM
What I'm not understanding is, how is meseta duping factoring into the grinders? Aren't the 10's just being duped?

pikachief
Jan 29, 2008, 07:14 PM
On 2008-01-29 16:12, Artea wrote:
What I'm not understanding is, how is meseta duping factoring into the grinders? Aren't the 10's just being duped?

u can dupe any grinders but then u dupe them and resell to NPC for INFINITE MESETAZ! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Powder Keg
Jan 29, 2008, 07:19 PM
Ah, that's pretty massive then...I suppose it's being done in a different kind of way from another grinder glitch I've heard of.

SJW89
Jan 29, 2008, 07:34 PM
On 2008-01-29 11:42, Kietrinia wrote:
After this, I don't want to hear anyone accusing XBox of being cheater-free in the classic PC/PS2 vs XBox debates. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I JUST WROTE:
We are hacker-free, at least. Not that it matters.

We are script-kiddie free, at least. Not that it matters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SJW89 on 2008-01-29 16:34 ]</font>

Sekani
Jan 29, 2008, 11:30 PM
I'm starting to think that Sonic Team's glitches are probably worse than any hacks people could come up with. If they could, anyway.

Also, couple of people did some number crunching. It would take hundreds of stacks of duped grinders to earn even one million meseta by selling to NPC, so I don't think there will be too much of a problem with "glitcheta", at least now. Reselling the grinders in shops will have little to no economic effect since it's just meseta already in circulation. Hopefully the worst that happens is that there are a disproportionate number of 10/10 S-ranks. I don't think too many people cared about all those 50% Bear Claws anyway....

Indica
Jan 29, 2008, 11:33 PM
I am sick of these stupid Grinder glitch threads. I hope they do a 1 Month Roll Back on the Xbox so people can really complain that they lost all their Winter Event findings.

SJW89
Jan 29, 2008, 11:45 PM
On 2008-01-29 20:33, Indica wrote:
I am sick of these stupid Grinder glitch threads. I hope they do a 1 Month Roll Back on the Xbox so people can really complain that they lost all their Winter Event findings.

Thank God my Xbox is at Microsoft. Maybe THEY can complain about all the "rarz" THEY lost in the rollback. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

AlliThePally
Jan 30, 2008, 12:32 AM
If they rollback AGAIN im gonna be mad because how long has this glitch been happening two of my characters like wouldnt even exist any more >>

Alamar
Jan 30, 2008, 01:01 AM
MY TWO CENTS: this glitch is not new at all. Everyone making a big deal over this. ZOMG ROLLBACK! LOL please this is called the norm for Phantasy star games. This exact glitch was on the DC version (PSO). I am so loling(is that a word?) That Sega has the same glitch from the 2000 version. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Soda
Jan 30, 2008, 06:49 AM
I Kinda do want a rollback and kinda dont,Rollback becouse of the Glitch and No Rollback Becouse I spent LVing my Other Character from 21 to 40

Turbobrain
Jan 30, 2008, 07:05 AM
Heh, I think I've worked out how this glitch is possible... it works similiar to the filling up with X+1-9's to force it to make x+10's but it does'nt use that method of accomplishing a very similiar situation.

If I'm right, all you need is one item that can be a possible synth outcome in your inventory and it has a chance of working.

I'm not going to try this glitch on my server(don't want to have the ewww haxetta on OUR server thank you... at least before it was a few script kiddies generating hexetta... this gltich/cheat anyone can use without 3rd party help which makes it WAY worse than anything that has ever gone before on PC/PS2... lol even when the 360 did get hacked they had to do it better than us:)) but please can someone tell me that this glitch was fixed with the other grinding outcome glitches? I'm sure if it did work we'd have known by now.

Well... I really feel sorry for the 360 community, either way if they don't roll back their econmy is badly damaged and we all know how that can turn out.... mesetta having next to no real value means people will only be trading for items... ironic really that the PC/PS2 is almost back to 'normal' from the hexetta a year back... not quite there but almost. If they they rolled back the PC/PS2 server I would be pretty mad as I have made found some REAL nice items, synths and put a significent amount of lvls on my alt and that would all be gone. I hope this means that the 360vsPC thing dies down a bit. I should not say but who would have thought it... 360 having problem with item duping and hexetta. Oh and if I'm right about how this method works, it can make any grinder and also may work on making any item that can be stacked in the inventory(thinks materials though the only one I know worth any money would be catilium, metapolymer and ermm). I really hope you guys get it sorted... I just wish Sega/M$ would decide what there going to do now, I guess this waiting sucks... it it was me I would'nt on partying right now becuase of the shadow of a rollback is hanging over the 360... and as I recall Chillaura(GM) did not rule it out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2008-01-30 04:20 ]</font>

SJW89
Jan 30, 2008, 07:11 AM
I'm not worried about a rollback. What I AM worried about is that sega may suspect to ban me for no reason, there's probably some d***heads who went out to report me even though I haven't been able to play the game in a week.

If sega bans me for having my Gur Napam+10 bought (possibly with glitch meseta) then I'll f'ing take it up with Microsoft.

don't want to have the ewww haxetta on OUR server thank you.

You already have enough. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SJW89 on 2008-01-30 04:12 ]</font>

Turbobrain
Jan 30, 2008, 07:17 AM
On 2008-01-30 04:11, SJW89 wrote:
I'm not worried about a rollback. What I AM worried about is that sega may suspect to ban me for no reason, there's probably some d***heads who went out to report me even though I haven't been able to play the game in a week.

If sega bans me for having my Gur Napam+10 bought (possibly with glitch meseta) then I'll f'ing take it up with Microsoft.

don't want to have the ewww haxetta on OUR server thank you.

You already had enough. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SJW89 on 2008-01-30 04:12 ]</font>

Fixed!