PDA

View Full Version : Acro- Powa

Shishi-O
Jan 30, 2008, 01:04 PM
has anyone else switched from a favored job class, to the new Acro classes.

Please vote, then explain why

Thank you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2008-01-30 10:12 ]</font>

DEM_CIG
Jan 30, 2008, 01:05 PM
no, cause Af cant use double sabers...

darkante
Jan 30, 2008, 01:07 PM
Why shoud i rob myself the experience of lv 31 tech by going Acro-Techer?
Har-Quick is sufficent speed for me while being FT.

And i donīt like using melee weapons besides maybe Double Saber..so itīs a good reason i havenīt used either class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2008-01-30 10:08 ]</font>

SATatami
Jan 30, 2008, 01:07 PM
lol, acro classes are more powerful then all the others? What game you playin', son?

Christmas
Jan 30, 2008, 01:10 PM
I switched from a fighgunner/part time wartecher to an acrofighter when AOI came out. I'm keeping my force as a fortetecher; can't imagine her as anything else.

Kylie
Jan 30, 2008, 01:14 PM
Recently, I have. Why? I hate wasting MP. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 30, 2008, 01:20 PM
I was once a Fighgunner on my Male Human, I saw Acrofighter, I saw that it was the class I've been wanting for him the whole time since v1, I switched to it and never touched Fighgunner on him again. As for my Female Newman alt, she was Wartecher, I switched to Acrotecher, and then went back to Wartecher.

DarkEliteRico
Jan 30, 2008, 01:25 PM
Thinking about remaking my fighgunner....and making him as a acrofighter. My main was acrofighter and i loved it...everything i wanted in a close up fighting class as far as the speed and having slicers to fall back on for hallways and large groups.

Aviva
Jan 30, 2008, 01:35 PM
eh...i LOVE my bow, and my ability to do an ok amount of damage(melee) with a female newman...so ya...WT is the thing for me....I tried AT...lvled to like 12 for fun....it didnt make me want to kill myself....GT did....but no AT....just not my style

Shishi-O
Jan 30, 2008, 01:36 PM
On 2008-01-30 10:10, Christmas wrote:
I switched from a fighgunner/part time wartecher to an acrofighter when AOI came out. I'm keeping my force as a fortetecher; can't imagine her as anything else.

I was always claiming Fi almighty,...I didn't like either Acro class.

Until I played them

Thruth be told I switched to acrotecher to lvl my spells and buffs in prep for master force.

But I am having so much fun, it's like having a hard/ quick and a me / quick equiped.

As Acro Fighter the ebrozites are a pure joy. I just switched from Fi to Af my human male.

Soloing is a breeze.

not to mention the availability of the 11* slicer.

The basic setup feels like multiple party members.

The durability goes through the roof

Afroyarou
Jan 30, 2008, 01:36 PM
Yup, switching from time to time to Acrofighter to fool around with slicers.

Shishi-O
Jan 30, 2008, 01:51 PM
On 2008-01-30 10:07, SATatami wrote:
lol, acro classes are more powerful then all the others? What game you playin', son?

dps,... Acros win, I know, I know big numbarz.

Acro does #s faster. With more SE's

Alamar
Jan 30, 2008, 01:58 PM
My main has been a Protranser since spring of last year. I like the class can't see changing now until the masters come out (when they do)

Doh42
Jan 30, 2008, 02:07 PM
How does one who plans to get all types to 15 should answer the poll? "Yes I switched..." Because I played other types before, or "No" because I'll return to non-acro types after I'm done with them?

Shishi-O
Jan 30, 2008, 02:24 PM
On 2008-01-30 11:07, Doh42 wrote:
How does one who plans to get all types to 15 should answer the poll? "Yes I switched..." Because I played other types before, or "No" because I'll return to non-acro types after I'm done with them?

vote either way then give reason.

Thank you

Doh42
Jan 30, 2008, 02:31 PM
Well then, I'll vote "Yes", because I once switched from Wartecher to acrofighter. The main reason was because WT doesn't get slicers, and I was a big slicer user on PSO on my HuNewearl.

Sadly, Chikki really didn't feel slicer-ish to me, and the loss of resta and buffs didn't help, so I went back to WT. Now that WT and FF are 15, and I'm close to being done with Fortegunner, I plan to go Acrotecher next, in order to try a more "support melee" role which is what I like to do in games. (Wartecher being really more of a "fighter-healer" than a suport job) The loss of claws will make me sad, however, seeing as I'm a big fan of those, too.

I have never felt like Acrofighter or acrotecher are superior choices, however. They are different choices, for different reasons. Acrotecher is probably the best type to spam techs, and also the only type that can get support techs to 40. Acrofighter on a beast is very good to get a high EVP, high ATA melee type, but lose access to most of my favourite weapon categories, etc.

amtalx
Jan 30, 2008, 02:54 PM
I switched from ft to AT because I was a support force to begin with. Now I can just do it better with a nicer melee/range option.

JarinKail
Jan 30, 2008, 02:58 PM
When I absolutely have to solo something right goddamn now, I switch to Acrofighter, otherwise I'm a Fortegunner/Guntecher.

Acrofighter, when shit has to die immediately.

EspioKaos
Jan 30, 2008, 03:06 PM
On 2008-01-30 10:14, Lorelei wrote:
Recently, I have. Why? I hate wasting MP. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

My reason exactly. Plus, it let me get some use out of my Blackheart and Vish Adan. Once I hit Acrotecher LV15, though, I'll be heading straight back to Fortetecher. I miss my LV31+ attack TECHNICs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

pikachief
Jan 30, 2008, 03:22 PM

its stronger than FiG at least lol

stukasa
Jan 30, 2008, 03:23 PM
Rather than switch an existing character I just made a new one! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif My new AF hit level 60 two days ago and I really like the class. It's sort of like Fighgunner Lite with a speed boost. It's missing a few weapon options (like Spears) but it's got plenty to keep me occupied.

mvffin
Jan 30, 2008, 03:36 PM
I switched my longtime WT to AF, and I can't go back. WT is just too slow compared to AF, and slicers>>>>>>>>>whips. cards actually do BUKU damage with a beast AF, i do something like 1700 per swing to magas(once i break his ass off with a slicer)

my FT went AT and is loving it. at first, i was tech only, then i slowly added a whip and a saber to my inventory, and now i'm almost complete. Tech is so much faster that it almost outweighs FT damage, and more HP and Melee make it so much better than FT.

now, if there was an acrogunner, I would definitely use that too.

MSAksion
Jan 30, 2008, 03:43 PM
All the juicy MP from these Events - I get no RARES but i get my EXP and my JOB levels lightning quick.

Mahou;
FT 15 a month after AOTI Launch
Switched to AT
Achieve AT 15 two Months after AOTI Launch
Switched to WT
Achieve WT 15 1st week Winter Event.

Mahou's Current Goal; To level up TECHS and Melee to 30 before going FT again to lvl 31+ all Techs.

Momo;
GT 15 a month after AOTI launch
Switched to fG
Achieve fG 15 two months after AOTI Launch (See pattern)
Switched to FiG
Achieve FiG 15 1st week of Winter Event.
Switched to GT

Momo's Current Goal; Use GT guns and TECH to keep Hunting Parties alive and Fast shooting of Flying Bosses for speed.

Minamo
Jan 30, 2008, 04:14 PM
I just level up at least 2 types by each character. So the type is not fixed to me. Switching from one to another is quite often.

However, my favourite is still FT.

Anduril
Jan 30, 2008, 04:17 PM
Yes, and no. My Fighgunner got a semi-permanent change to Acrofighter, and my Fortetecher temporarily changed to Acrotecher, but to me Acrotecher is far worse than Fortetecher so I changed her back after about 3 runs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-01-30 13:17 ]</font>

Dragwind
Jan 30, 2008, 04:22 PM
Yes and no.

I mean, I played them and already chose my main character to do both of them but I don't play them primarily.

moonbeam
Jan 30, 2008, 04:25 PM
fortetecher has higher lvl cap for technics

chibiLegolas
Jan 30, 2008, 04:35 PM
Once you had the taste for increased speed, it's hard to go back.
><

JA and tech speed boost just makes the game that more enjoyable to me.

hiraisho
Jan 30, 2008, 04:42 PM
Yes Im a wartecher (and always will be http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif) and some people told me to try out arcotecher. needless to say didnt enjoy it too much. the casting speed was nice but the melee weapon selection/ranks were meh to me. Then I tried arcofighter to try out faster melee and to play with slicers. I really enjoyed arcofighter but I did miss S rank twin daggers and my magic (mainly Giresta XD) With both Wartecher and Arcofighter at 15 sometimes I switch to arcofighter, but most of the time I'm on Wartecher.

Reginaldo
Jan 30, 2008, 04:45 PM
Acrofighter owns, I have it at level 15. It isn't cool to spam my 50% slicers in full parties though so I'm usually either Figh/GT/PT unless I'm hunting rares.

QuidProQuo
Jan 30, 2008, 04:50 PM
No, I didn't switch I started as one after meeting the requirements I love it.

Umberger
Jan 30, 2008, 05:06 PM
I stayed a Fortetecher for the level 40 attack TECHNICs and the rods.

MrNomad
Jan 30, 2008, 05:20 PM
AF looks lame to me, I want my double sabers and crossbows, FiG is where it's at. And frankly, I dont see AF doing lots of damage ever, not unless they someday get spears, which I highly doubt it.

Midicronica
Jan 30, 2008, 05:23 PM
I ditched FT ages ago because it got boring and now my Newman is a full time AT.

FI is no longer my hunter characters main class, so AF took the place of that.

In short, yes.

Genoa
Jan 30, 2008, 05:32 PM
The acro classes are nice, they have their advantages... but they also lack certain aspects that similar classes have.
I enjoyed Acrotecher a lot, but I really enjoy Fortetecher as well.
Acrofighter's fun... and the ability to use Burn and Virus Traps is a great advantage. Especially when you're soloing. However Fighgunner and Fortefighter still have their differences which make those classes all unique. (Along with Wartecher, but I wouldn't compare that fighter class with the non-tech fighters)

Ezodagrom
Jan 30, 2008, 06:05 PM
My main was newman fortefighter, changed to acrofighter when I got aoi, never went back to fF http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
I have fire and ice sabers, lightning and light daggers and ground and dark claws when in parties, lightning and ground slicers replace the dagger and claw when soloing, and have a shadoog with each of the weapons, except light, I have an handgun there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
My 2nd highest char was fortetecher, with aoi changed to acrotecher, for the faster techs and lvl 40 support. Might change back to fortetecher when I get the techs I usually use with her to 30 (about the offensive techs, only have nosdiga at 30, all others are below http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif')

RACast_Raiden
Jan 30, 2008, 06:14 PM
Too bad you fools can't use spears

VanHalen
Jan 30, 2008, 06:17 PM
Nope, my main is staying Fortefighter cause....well...I wanted a high damaging Newman(LOLBIGNUMBARZ) .-.

My alt is a Guntecher/Fortegunner which is pretty cool. There isn't any Acrogunner class so I wasn't going to change him.

My other alt is a Wartecher since I liked the level 30 skills.

Maybe for my last character I'll make him an Acrofighter since I have yet to pick an expert type for him.

gryphonvii
Jan 30, 2008, 08:22 PM
now on my human, my two main classes are fighgunner (always my choice for melee) and AcroTecher ( like support spells.) on my other characters I'm going for forte-classes.

Shishi-O
Jan 31, 2008, 03:09 AM
On 2008-01-30 12:06, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2008-01-30 10:14, Lorelei wrote:

My reason exactly. Plus, it let me get some use out of my Blackheart and Vish Adan. Once I hit Acrotecher LV15, though, I'll be heading straight back to Fortetecher. I miss my LV31+ attack TECHNICs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

i know the feeling

MzHitman
Jan 31, 2008, 04:41 PM
One of my alts is a female newman techer. I started out at fortetecher and i got a bunch of halarods and i was soooo excited http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif but then I decided to try acrotecher, which I just got to 15, and all I have to say is.... I Like Whips http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EMPYREAN
Jan 31, 2008, 06:24 PM
went from FT to AT and im never going back to FT again. i like to support more than i like to atack(by that i mean healing/buffing) and the speed that AT has is realy nice. but i still only use techs. hate the whip.

RemiusTA
Jan 31, 2008, 06:27 PM
On 2008-01-30 10:51, Shishi-O wrote:

Lol no

SATatami
Jan 31, 2008, 06:28 PM
On 2008-01-31 15:27, RemiusTA wrote:

Lol no

lol, I know. I loled too.

Sexy_Raine
Jan 31, 2008, 06:53 PM
I was an AT for awhile. And I even quit FT before because of Sega's Shitty hunter catering, before the rod boost. And despite what some people think, the PW does not save FT, it's the exclusive lv40 offense techs that do.

Believe me if most of my techs weren't lv30 already, I would still be AT. I'm loyal to my techs and plan to get everything to 40 eventually.

ANA hasn't tried AF yet.

RemiusTA
Jan 31, 2008, 06:55 PM
People dont see reasons to go FT anymore, but i dont see the reason to EVER go AT once your spells pass the 31+ range.

Hell, i dont see a reason after your able to use A / 9* Rods.

DEM_CIG
Jan 31, 2008, 06:58 PM
On 2008-01-30 10:05, DEM_CIG wrote:
no, cause Af cant use double sabers...

When acrofifghters use doublesabers all switch... until then ill make a new character and create, it to be a Af/AT/PT, until then ill stay a fg...

unicorn
Jan 31, 2008, 08:19 PM
My main is a CAST. He was originally GT in PSO v1, but I switched around lvl 70 to FT for higher support (GT only had acces to lvl 10 techs back then). GT to FOcast.

I picked up AT when I found out about the 40 support, and that FT was obviously going to be exclusively an attack-teching class. Also, its a muuuuuch better choice for a CAST anyway. But...it didn't feel the same. At first, meleeing was fun...but it just died out too quickly. I also missed my bows, which are my favorite weapon in the entire game.

So I picked up GT again. Not what I was expecting. Yes, the 30 suport is nice....But its a completely different gameplay now. Plus, if you dont have all xbows over 21, you're not an effective GT. I'm not lvling xbows.

So FT it is for me. I'm happy with it. Sure, my tech damage is weak. So is my bow damage. And I support a hell of a lot better as AT. But it suits my aesthetics, and at the end of the day...thats all that matters in a RPG.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-01-31 17:45 ]</font>

Miakyo
Jan 31, 2008, 08:29 PM
I stuck to AF the day I learned of the attack speed boost it had.

It allows me to solo if I want to, I perform decent damage in party groups and it's weapon selection is perfect for my style of play. I'm into the whole one handed weapons thing.

Makes a person sound really greedy huh?

Since I've had it at 15 for awhile, I've tried alternatives. As FiG I felt a little off, great weapon selection however. WT is a brilliant class (Next to take to 15). But for the style I play; It'll always be AF.

Personal preference. Not a stereotyped attack on the classes in general.

Hiro_EtBlue
Feb 1, 2008, 01:46 AM
I switched to Acrofighter a few days after the expansion came out. I wasn't even going to change from Fighgunner initially. Losing the spears just forced me to find other weapons to use and I ended up liking them even more. I also like the added attack speed boost and, I know I am most likely in the minority in this, I like having high evasion (along with the other great stats). Not saying it's superior or anything, just my personal preference.

sovalou
Feb 1, 2008, 02:27 AM
they lack lvl 40 bullets...>_>

Shishi-O
Feb 1, 2008, 03:04 PM
On 2008-01-30 13:45, Reginaldo wrote:
Acrofighter owns, I have it at level 15. It isn't cool to spam my 50% slicers in full parties though so I'm usually either Figh/GT/PT unless I'm hunting rares.

lolz, i know.

in parties i use 10-20%

Shishi-O
Feb 1, 2008, 03:38 PM
On 2008-01-31 15:28, SATatami wrote:

On 2008-01-31 15:27, RemiusTA wrote:

Lol no

lol, I know. I loled too.

really your fighters do SE like whips and ebrozites?

romulus is a ff w/ jabroga and dus majjara the damage is big but takes too long to execute( jabroga) majjara focuses on one enemy.

lvl 120, pa lvl 40 btw

my AT can use better armor, last longer, and rape with whips, while inflicting status effects/ if i feel like glitching......high lvled arm slot units and a har/ quick.

don't make fairy tails, but to each his own( i actually went AT to lvl all of my support spells to 40,( attack is already there) in anticipation of master force, i didn't like the acro classes.

now that i have played them, i can't leave, it breaks away from the old school of thought of playing PSU. my AT uses a stormline, a har/ quick( overkill really) solid /power s (the damage is evident)tero/ guard( they already have insane evasion, and while other techers/ fighters are dropping like flies i revive them, cus i have decent mst combined w the rest i take less damage).

my AF reduces large amounts of enemies to ash at breakneck speeds,...i know i am supposed to use the other weps but my pallet is all slicer/ ebrozite( i love the ebrozites and have all high %, it's like having forte gunner with you, u never have to refill it and the slicers refill themselves/ hit everything). the stats on a human are just insane, i love it, it is a much better position that the FI stats give you, and if you've been around for a while u know that is hard for me to admit.

i used to claim Fi almighty( all thing fi are all lvled, my rucars and doubles are all sitting in my pm gathering dust,...i refuse to sell)

the overt speed and better durability, with power rivaling Fi, and weps that do what they do....i can't see myself making my human anything else

Mysterious-G
Feb 1, 2008, 03:43 PM

Shishi-O
Feb 1, 2008, 03:50 PM
On 2008-02-01 12:43, Mysterious-G wrote:

whats that supposed to be? a repost of an origional thought or an inability to speak ur mind?

vote and give ur reason either way, this is not a lame ass wanabe flame war

i can't change the origional thread post, i shouldn't have said more powerful. they are just more well rounded and powerfull for what i want.

i love the eva

i love the SEs

i love the ata

i love the dps, it is scary, so scary it had to be gimped, the power of slicers are a fact, in japan they wouldn't even play with you if you had one. i have 4 chars that have all job classes that i have played not just lvled, the acro classes have alot to offer wich in my opinion is a better "danmascus" than differing "steele"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2008-02-01 12:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2008-02-01 13:00 ]</font>