PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: I finally experienced 360 slowdown.

JarinKail
Jan 30, 2008, 03:07 PM
Just tried to run through Sacred Stream and DAMN. I'd never run into the issue before but it is really bad. Hopefully it's one of the fixes included in tomorrow's update.

Anduril
Jan 30, 2008, 03:33 PM
I keep meaning to ask this, but never get around to it: Is it just a problem with the robots in Sacred Stream, with Neudaiz Robots, or with all exploding robots in general, since I haven't seemed to experience it during the Winter Event Beta mission?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-01-30 12:34 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Jan 30, 2008, 03:34 PM
unfortunately no mention of that particular fix has been made yet,

McLaughlin
Jan 30, 2008, 03:44 PM
All robots in general. Made looking for a Sleep/Resist a real pain in Grove of Fanatics.

danny_o
Jan 30, 2008, 03:45 PM
Oh, robots in general? weird...

The slow that hit from that mission stayed with me until I logged off... SUCKY!

JarinKail
Jan 30, 2008, 03:47 PM
I didn't run into the persistant slowdown in the Protectors Beta like I did in Sacred Stream so I don't know for sure.

Anduril
Jan 30, 2008, 03:47 PM
On 2008-01-30 12:44, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
All robots in general. Made looking for a Sleep/Resist a real pain in Grove of Fanatics.

Then does that mean they made some kind of mini-fix for them in the Winter Event mission? I ask since I've done about 5-6 of the beta mission on the robot route in a row and experienced no lasting slowdown as I did after just one run of Sacred Stream.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-01-30 12:47 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Jan 30, 2008, 03:48 PM
its a memory leak of some sort so yeah u have to reboot ur 360 in order to fix it temp...

JarinKail
Jan 30, 2008, 03:50 PM
Right, but it has only affected me in Sacred Stream and nothing else with robots. You'd think the robot gauntlet in Beta or the story mode mission where you kill 100 robots would do it too, but it doesn't for me.

Really odd.

moonbeam
Jan 30, 2008, 03:50 PM
i did not just have a slow down in sacred stream but my xbox completely froze when i tried to play it. it happaned at the very begining of the mission. i turned off my box and tried to join again, but the same the happened. i have yet to experience problems with any other robots or neudaiz missions.

Xtian913
Jan 30, 2008, 03:59 PM
It's probably just the way that entire mission was coded, because I also get horrible slowdown in Sacred Stream (I gave up hunting a Shinowa Line), but the Protectors mission with the robots doesn't slow down one bit for me.

desturel
Jan 30, 2008, 04:31 PM
On 2008-01-30 12:44, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Remember that the robots in Grove of Fanatics are the same as the robots in Sacred Stream. The ones that appear to cause the most slow down are:

Bysha type-Koh21
Bysha type-Otsu32
Gohma Dilla
and
Gohma Methna

The ones that don't cause slow down very often are:

GSM-05 Seeker
GSM-05B Bomalta
and
GSM-05M Tirentos

The Seeker and Bomalta are the type you see in the Protectors, Desert Goliath, Endrum Remnants, and Military Subway. If you do Train Rescue, Rogues' Shortcut (Dilla and Methna), Grove of Fanatics, or Sacred Stream (Otsu and Koh), then you will see the slow down.

The only difference I notice is that the explosion graphics for the Koh, Otsu, Dilla and Methna are much flashier than the explosion graphics for the Seeker, Bomalta, and Tirentos.

I'm not sure why tho.

*edit*
Or to put it another way Lightning Robots seem to be okay. The Fire and Earth robots are the ones that cause the most slowdown.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2008-01-30 13:35 ]</font>

caseylott
Jan 30, 2008, 06:27 PM
I get slowdown everytime I play desert goliath

D1ABOLIK
Jan 31, 2008, 11:59 AM
I get slowdown everywhere, all the time.