PDA

View Full Version : Japanese New Armors?

Yunfa
Jan 30, 2008, 11:33 PM
To those who play on the Japanese servers, what new S rank armors are out? Im itching to fork over 15mill for the 36% Castest Line, but...it barely has any higher stats than my Crimson Line -_-' (im married to all my slots cept for head)

Shiryuu
Jan 31, 2008, 12:22 AM
De colte Line 10* http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/2/1637/de_colte_line/
Rabol Cuesta 9* http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/2/2749/rabol_cuesta/ not S, but whatever
Al-senba 11* http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/2/2793/al_senba/

Katy
Jan 31, 2008, 05:51 PM
De Colte Line seems useless. Rabol Questa looks interesting and where does Al-Senba drop I've waiting for a Force only armor for a while now since no one really hunts Hiragi or Kotoha.

Shiryuu
Jan 31, 2008, 06:05 PM
Eh? 30+ STA makes you immune to Jarba megid.

Al-senba drops whole (neutral :/ ) so far from the moatoob mirage mission (whatever it's called).

Powder Keg
Jan 31, 2008, 07:12 PM
De Colte might be interesting to try out. The Rabol Cuesta woukd be perfect for my PT.

HFlowen
Jan 31, 2008, 07:28 PM
Ahh... the infamous questa.

The PT only armor that boosts... TP.

Powder Keg
Jan 31, 2008, 07:38 PM
On 2008-01-31 16:28, HFlowen wrote:
Ahh... the infamous questa.

The PT only armor that boosts... TP.

That seems kinda retarded, but all slots should make it useful.

BTW, what determines strength of traps?

HFlowen
Jan 31, 2008, 07:45 PM
Your character level, although it would kinda cool if the armor gave you a trap damage boost.

SATatami
Jan 31, 2008, 07:52 PM
De Colte ftw, since def is near useless http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif does it come it elemental %'s?

Pillan
Jan 31, 2008, 08:20 PM
It always disturbs me to see how misunderstood DFP is. Just switch from neutral to 10% same-element armor to see a huge change in damage. Then from 10% to 50% to see another large reduction. And then you can switch races to see how the reduction varies and count the number of hits it takes to kill the person.

Point being, people don’t understand how the marginal effect of DFP is significantly higher than that of EVP nor how the difference increases with higher element armor.

Let’s put it this way: level 125 medium mobs can’t hit me for above 60 damage with physical attacks as a 110/15 Caseal Acrotecher just because I know how to take advantage of DFP. (Haven't played AT since hitting 120, so I can't say how low it is now.)

But, yeah, whether ridiculous damage reduction outweighs immunity to most SE 3s and a few SE 4s is for you to decide. I personally don't like it just for the lack of an SUV slot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-31 17:21 ]</font>

SATatami
Jan 31, 2008, 08:22 PM
On 2008-01-31 17:20, Pillan wrote:
It always disturbs me to see how misunderstood DFP is. Just switch from neutral to 10% same-element armor to see a huge change in damage. Then from 10% to 50% to see another large reduction. And then you can switch races to see how the reduction varies and count the number of hits it takes to kill the person.

Point being, people don’t understand how the marginal effect of DFP is significantly higher than that of EVP nor how the difference increases with higher element armor.

Let’s put it this way: level 125 medium mobs can’t hit me for above 60 damage with physical attacks as a Caseal Acrotecher just because I know how to take advantage of DFP.

But, yeah, whether ridiculous damage reduction outweighs immunity to most SE 3s and a few SE 4s is for you to decide. I personally don't like it just for the lack of an SUV slot.

I said Def as in DFP, not elemental %. Then I proceded to ask if it was available to get elemental %.

Pillan
Jan 31, 2008, 08:25 PM
On 2008-01-31 17:22, SATatami wrote:
I said Def as in DFP, not elemental %. Then I proceded to ask if it was available to get elemental %.

I meant to explain that the damage I take will at least double even if I could get it at the same element. That deviation would be purely from the lack of DFP on the armor.

Oh yeah. Also more enemy attacks would start to knock me over again.

EDIT:

And, according to the JP wiki, the De Colt board is a Fakis drop and can be synthed with any element.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-31 17:35 ]</font>

SATatami
Jan 31, 2008, 08:52 PM
On 2008-01-31 17:25, Pillan wrote:

On 2008-01-31 17:22, SATatami wrote:

I meant to explain that the damage I take will at least double even if I could get it at the same element. That deviation would be purely from the lack of DFP on the armor.

Oh yeah. Also more enemy attacks would start to knock me over again.

EDIT:

And, according to the JP wiki, the De Colt board is a Fakis drop and can be synthed with any element.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-31 17:35 ]</font>

Wouldn't a good % override the defense? Or was it that % was changed to go off armor DFP instead of character DFP?

Pillan
Jan 31, 2008, 09:13 PM
If you’re comparing a high element De Colte to a low element Tenora armor, probably. But if you assume your current armor is going to be higher than the armors you manage to synth after dealing with the boss drop rate, the synth rate, and random element, it will average out to be weaker than your current gear.

It also depends on how your base DFP compares to your armor DFP since Yohmei armors can account for as much as half your DFP. And a 50% element only accounts for around 36-38% of your DFP, so you would take a bit more damage than you would wearing a 10% Yohmei.

Of course you can get lucky, but I don’t like to base my assumptions on luck.

From what I’ve seen, most of your element reduction is based on the hidden enemy element modifier, which is why damage is cut in half once you switch to opposite element, regardless of percentage and higher element won’t reduce it by nearly that much. But some tests with my Deband vs. enemy Zalure suggest that the element definitely effects total DFP rather than just armor.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-31 18:14 ]</font>

SATatami
Jan 31, 2008, 09:25 PM
On 2008-01-31 18:13, Pillan wrote:
If you’re comparing a high element De Colte to a low element Tenora armor, probably. But if you assume your current armor is going to be higher than the armors you manage to synth after dealing with the boss drop rate, the synth rate, and random element, it will average out to be weaker than your current gear.

It also depends on how your base DFP compares to your armor DFP since Yohmei armors can account for as much as half your DFP. And a 50% element only accounts for around 36-38% of your DFP, so you would take a bit more damage than you would wearing a 10% Yohmei.

Of course you can get lucky, but I don’t like to base my assumptions on luck.

From what I’ve seen, most of your element reduction is based on the hidden enemy element modifier, which is why damage is cut in half once you switch to opposite element, regardless of percentage and higher element won’t reduce it by nearly that much. But some tests with my Deband vs. enemy Zalure suggest that the element definitely effects total DFP rather than just armor.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-31 18:14 ]</font>

I'm not quite following you. Could you redo this post in more layman's terms? lol

Also, sum it all up for which would reduce more damage.

250DFP on character, 50 DFP on armor
or 50 DFP on character, 250 on armor?

Which is % based off of? =/

Pillan
Jan 31, 2008, 09:36 PM
On 2008-01-31 18:25, SATatami wrote:

Both are the same. It’s based on total DFP. So a 50% armor with 300 total DFP would give you around 414 DFP, which accounts for around 83 damage reduction. Of course the effect will bring the enemy down to around 100 damage because of their hidden attack modifier.

It works the same way as melee attacks, which use total ATP instead. There’s also a hidden enemy DFP modifier that gets reduced, but the DFP is so small compared to the total ATP after all the modifiers that no one even bothers taking it into account anymore.

SATatami
Jan 31, 2008, 09:44 PM
On 2008-01-31 18:36, Pillan wrote:

On 2008-01-31 18:25, SATatami wrote:

Both are the same. It’s based on total DFP. So a 50% armor with 300 total DFP would give you around 414 DFP, which accounts for around 83 damage reduction. Of course the effect will bring the enemy down to around 100 damage because of their hidden attack modifier.

It works the same way as melee attacks, which use total ATP instead. There’s also a hidden enemy DFP modifier that gets reduced, but the DFP is so small compared to the total ATP after all the modifiers that no one even bothers taking it into account anymore.

Ah alright then. So then the 1 DFP'd be like I was wearing nothing at all. Ahaha. given the fact that I'm an FF, I can easily run around with no armor, if it allows me to not be hindered by shock, etc. Or I COULD just get a maintenence unit. >_>