PDA

View Full Version : Dark Falkis?

Optimis59
Jan 31, 2008, 03:07 PM
What lvl and weapons and other things should I have to go against DF?

SATatami
Jan 31, 2008, 03:13 PM
Any level and any weapons. Just nuke him with your strongest attacks.

Rapture
Jan 31, 2008, 03:38 PM
Isnt it dulk and why is the name very similar to the beast known as Dark Falz? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Chuck_Norris
Jan 31, 2008, 03:56 PM
On 2008-01-31 12:38, Rapture wrote:
Isnt it dulk and why is the name very similar to the beast known as Dark Falz? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Yes, it is "Dulk" Also, there's no "L" in Fakis.

Why it sounds like Dark Falz? Pobably because all the PS games have a final boss with a name similar to that. Dark Force, Dark Falz, and now Dulk Fakis.

Retniwreven
Jan 31, 2008, 04:10 PM
Don't forget 'Dark Fish'. Everyone loves his fishy goodness.

Doh42
Jan 31, 2008, 04:19 PM
They are most likely all one and the same. It's very hard to spell "Dark Force" in katakana, and when translators bring the game here, they will sometimes understand the meaning, and sometimes will translate letter by letter.

A good example of such confusion is in the item database:
Solid / Knight
Hard / Night <<< wtf
Mega / Knight

In the japanese version, they are all "Naito" (written in Katakana, meaning foreign words). "Naito" typically refers to Knights (Paladins in FFXI in japan are Naito), but it can also refers to Night (Like Nights into Dream)

I had a very interesting time trying to decipher my "Secret Gear" in PSO:BB japan servers when it dropped for me (especially since I had no idea it even existed). The best I could come up when reading the Katas was "Sukete Gia"

Considering all this, and the lack of a distinction between "R" and "L" in japanese language, I wouldn't be surprised if most of them are basically called "Dark Force" in Japan, which is what I refer them as, anyway.

Anduril
Jan 31, 2008, 04:23 PM
Actually Doh42, I think I recall reading that in katakana Dulk Fakis is spelled different from Dark Force/Dark Falz. I'm going to try to find a source that backs this up, so until/if I find it take my comment with a grain of salt.

SATatami
Jan 31, 2008, 04:24 PM
On 2008-01-31 13:19, Doh42 wrote:
They are most likely all one and the same. It's very hard to spell "Dark Force" in katakana, and when translators bring the game here, they will sometimes understand the meaning, and sometimes will translate letter by letter.

Solid / Knight
Hard / Night <<< wtf
Mega / Knight

In the japanese version, they are all "Naito" (written in Katakana, meaning foreign words). "Naito" typically refers to Knights (Paladins in FFXI in japan are Naito), but it can also refers to Night (Like Nights into Dream)

I had a very interesting time trying to decipher my "Secret Gear" in PSO:BB japan servers when it dropped for me (especially since I had no idea it even existed). The best I could come up when reading the Katas was "Sukete Gia"

Considering all this, and the lack of a distinction between "R" and "L" in japanese language, I wouldn't be surprised if most of them are basically called "Dark Force" in Japan, which is what I refer them as, anyway.

lol, I know exactly what you mean. Wastutorowa... STILL can't translate what the dude's name means. XD

Doh42
Jan 31, 2008, 04:48 PM
Actually Doh42, I think I recall reading that in katakana Dulk Fakis is spelled different from Dark Force/Dark Falz. I'm going to try to find a source that backs this up, so until/if I find it take my comment with a grain of salt.
After sparking my curiosity, I just went and checked the japanese wiki for the boss names, and it's different but very close like what you said, but something else caught my attention...

Basically, you get "Daruku Fakisu", the boss with 2 forms that we currently have and know. And then they list other missions in the Guardian Colony that we don't have yet, with a boss there called "Da~aku Farusu" (Notice the difference between Daruku and Da~aku. Proper translation of Da~aku is "Dark" simply, by the way)

Guess I better learn to call him "Fakis".. But when I read that, I can only think of one thing: "Dark 'Fake' Is"

Wastutorowa
Where does that name come from, exactly?

Are you sure it wasn't a small "tsu", like the name should be "Wattorowa"? A small tsu usually indicates you double the next consonant, see below:

A small tsu called a sokuon indicates a geminate consonant, which is represented in romaji by doubling the following consonant. For example, bed is written in katakana as "Be tsu Do" (Romaji: beddo).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Doh42 on 2008-01-31 13:55 ]</font>

landman
Jan 31, 2008, 06:17 PM
Dark Falz in the original names was translated to Force because it sounded similar to "Phalus" (Falz = Faruzu = Phalus) or at least that's what I have believed all those years

RemiusTA
Jan 31, 2008, 06:31 PM
omg who cares

SATatami
Jan 31, 2008, 06:34 PM
On 2008-01-31 15:17, landman wrote:
Dark Falz in the original names was translated to Force because it sounded similar to "Phalus" (Falz = Faruzu = Phalus) or at least that's what I have believed all those years

And all the girlies just LOVE the Dark Phallus. >_>

ThEoRy
Jan 31, 2008, 07:37 PM
Dont 4get dark phallus..

seriously dont 4get him

Powder Keg
Jan 31, 2008, 07:39 PM
seggie genesis for reindeer?

DarkEliteRico
Jan 31, 2008, 10:56 PM
On 2008-01-31 13:19, Doh42 wrote:

Solid / Knight
Hard / Night <<< wtf
Mega / Knight

But they do have a Hard / Knight as well

Doh42
Feb 1, 2008, 10:12 AM
But they do have a Hard / Knight as well
You mean in the japanese version? They only have "Naito" items; which means both "Night" and "Knight", however, the translators apparently decided to give us 2 Knights and 1 Night over here, for no apparent reason.