PDA

View Full Version : PSU Ventrilo server updates

cApNhOwDy
Feb 1, 2008, 12:20 AM
First and foremost, if you havent checked out the PSU Ventrilo voicechat server, it's worth a look.

IP address is 141.213.163.170
I dont think that the port number matters so just leave it blank. If that doesnt work, try 3784, that works for me.

Now on to business. A couple of you have asked for seperate channels to use at your leisure. I didnt think that this was possible on a free server, but then I finally got off my lazy bum and Google'd it and, hey, whadya know, you can. And so, on the 8th day, cApN created Ventrilo channels, and he saw that it was good. Enjoy.

The PSU Ventrilo server isnt supposed to be PC exclusive! If you PS2/Xbox 360 users have a computer nearby and want to chat it up with the rest of the community, I encourage you to do so. Come one, come all, tell your friends, and advertise it on the official PSU forums (cuz I'm banned there, lulz!).

Also, I'm open ears to all suggestions anyone might want to make to make the server better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cApNhOwDy on 2008-01-31 21:22 ]</font>

Edgard
Feb 1, 2008, 12:39 AM
WTF are you talking about?

You know what nvm, I don't want to know....

SATatami
Feb 1, 2008, 12:40 AM
On 2008-01-31 21:39, Edgard wrote:
WTF are you talking about?

You know what nvm, I don't want to know....

Where have you been the past few weeks? >_> And grats on the server upgrade, howdy. It's nice. lol

SeiKyou
Feb 1, 2008, 02:23 AM
Do a lot of people chat on here?

cApNhOwDy
Feb 1, 2008, 11:33 AM
We have enough for a good time.

Ithildin
Feb 1, 2008, 12:40 PM
Tried it out last night. Had a great laugh chatting to friends whom haven't heard my beautiful voice before.

3nascar3fan3
Feb 1, 2008, 01:57 PM
how do we do this on xbox 360?

Dragwind
Feb 1, 2008, 02:22 PM
How many people can fit on this "free" server? lol

Psycho_Sonic
Feb 1, 2008, 03:11 PM
360 would be done the same as ps2. Just install it on your computer. Basically, you'll be using the 360/ps2 to play, and the computer to communicate.

As for the server itself: Awesome! Thanks a lot! I'll get this the moment i get a headset.

cApNhOwDy
Feb 1, 2008, 04:31 PM
On 2008-02-01 11:22, Dragwind wrote:
How many people can fit on this "free" server? lol

I've seen as many as 8 people on at one time, but I cant confirm whether that's the maximum or not.

SeiKyou
Feb 2, 2008, 02:07 AM
Huh... well maybe I'll on the next time I plan on playing all day, I'm on Skype all the time with my friend when we play, man it makes the game funner(and easier too!). But this sounds fun ^.^

cApNhOwDy
Feb 2, 2008, 01:23 PM
I agree. If you join and noone's in the server, just stay logged in while you play. Someone will join eventually.

3nascar3fan3
Feb 2, 2008, 02:22 PM
On 2008-02-01 12:11, Psycho_Sonic wrote:
360 would be done the same as ps2. Just install it on your computer. Basically, you'll be using the 360/ps2 to play, and the computer to communicate.

As for the server itself: Awesome! Thanks a lot! I'll get this the moment i get a headset.

so all i have to do is install this program on my computer and play normally even though my xbox is connected directlly to the modem or do i have to connect to my computer?

cApNhOwDy
Feb 2, 2008, 03:05 PM
Yup, your Xbox has nothing to do with Ventrilo at all.

3nascar3fan3
Feb 2, 2008, 03:10 PM
ok and i can go back to regular servers by just playing with ventrilo not running correct?

cApNhOwDy
Feb 2, 2008, 06:23 PM
I dont think you understand what Ventrilo is. It's a standalone voicechat program for the PC, it doesnt affect the Xbox servers in any way, it just gives you the opportunity to voicechat with the PSU community outside of the game.

3nascar3fan3
Feb 2, 2008, 10:16 PM
oh ok

cApNhOwDy
Feb 3, 2008, 11:30 AM
Forgot to mention, but there's also a Blue Burst channel in there for anyone who still plays PSO. I should maybe mention this in the PSO subsection as well.

Billy960
Feb 3, 2008, 12:26 PM
On 2008-02-01 13:31, cApNhOwDy wrote:

I've seen as many as 8 people on at one time, but I cant confirm whether that's the maximum or not.

8 people is the maximum for a free server.

Dragwind
Feb 3, 2008, 01:07 PM
Ouch. If you're going to make a public server, you're going to need more than 8 spots =

Nisshoku
Feb 3, 2008, 01:34 PM
True. But doing so would mean he'd be iether paying from his own pocket, or accepting donations. Or both.

Leahcim
Feb 3, 2008, 01:39 PM
still better than nothing right?

cApNhOwDy
Feb 3, 2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah, no use complaining about services given to you freely. But sure, I'd accept donations towards a dedicated PSU server, if the want for one was high enough I'd definately chip in myself.

Besides, 8 spots has been more than enough so far. The most I've seen in it at one time was 8 people, and that was only once. It's normally 2 to 3 people, but I'm trying to bump that number up enough for 5-6 people to group up and do some of those teamwork oriented missions.

SeiKyou
Feb 3, 2008, 06:51 PM
Hey cAp, I was playing on my server(One I made a while ago but never really Used outside my network) And I just found out how to make Rooms and Users. Don't know Everything but working on it. I'm part of a guild and I was thinking of talking to my guild Master about opening a ventrilo server(that i was going to pay for =3).I found a site with a good deal, 60 slot for $130 a year. I leave 34 slots for my guild, 20 for pso-world(if the people pso-world want it maybe make a poll and find out), and 6 for me for random parties. I was wondering if you like to help or not, Cuz I most likely would be working with my guild and what not. Let me know Alright?

SeiK

Edit: God I should read what I type XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeiKyou on 2008-02-03 16:48 ]</font>

SeiKyou
Feb 3, 2008, 08:22 PM
Oh Btw neet server =3

Tuxedose
Feb 3, 2008, 08:25 PM
Well you could use ventrilo 2.1 server and clients since its the last completly free Ventrilo version. Unlimited users there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Works just as well to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SeiKyou
Feb 3, 2008, 08:41 PM
Does that work with vista? Ether way my network hates me so i might as well pay for it... but maybe i can get that to work >.>

Tuxedose
Feb 3, 2008, 09:00 PM
Yea ventrilo 2.1 works well in vista. A friend uses it in vista http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

cApNhOwDy
Feb 3, 2008, 09:04 PM
If you want to pay that much, go right ahead, but I seriously doubt that that's necessary.

Can people with the latest ventrilo client join ventrilo 2.1 servers? And are there any major noticeable differences between the latest ventrilo server and the 2.1 server that would cause problems? If not, then I'll switch to that before I start advertising heavily on the official forums and in-game.

Tuxedose
Feb 3, 2008, 09:10 PM
Well no you got to have Ventrilo 2.1 Client http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.
But many people Uses Both clients. Many people download Ventrilo mix wich is ventrilo client version 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 in one program that makes it possible to install the latest version at the side of the old ones. So on my comp for example I use client 3.1 for the newer servers (wich is only 1) and ventrilo 2.1 for the older ones.

Hope my imformation was explained well enough.

If you choose version 2.1 thou make sure you have a link to ventrilo mix or something so people can get the client easily.

SeiKyou
Feb 3, 2008, 09:54 PM
Well I like the 2.1 idea better and i know my computer can handle it... my internet is another story. But I'll try that 1st cuz free is better! =3. I was just asking if you wanted in on it if i did, a few sites are way cheep right now. But Ether way I'll see if my guild would like me to host a server or not, And if cAp makes his Server like that I'll join that super fast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. thanks for the info Tuxedose. It was a great help and you most likely saved me money XD

Seik

Tuxedose
Feb 3, 2008, 10:11 PM
No problem SeikYou : ). Well if cap makes his serve rlike that I will also join it superfast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif as a matter of fact I will join it anyways lol : ) and if you seikyou make a server like that I am surely in on it : ). there cannot be to many Psu ventrilo servers. So I say lets keep it touch everyone about this. I will check in on theis tread daily : ).

Tuxedose

SeiKyou
Feb 3, 2008, 10:27 PM
Yea =3 Just got Ventrilo Mix, and the 2.1.2 server... all i need to do is figure out how to let people join with my ip >.> Its a bother lol. But i might need someone to help me test it later http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. OH! heres a link with the 2.1.2 server http://weasel.dk/content.php?title=downloads . And the 2.1.3 client. Ventrilo 3.0 is alot nice on the sound and all... but free wins hands down.. I just wish it worked with my gamepad like 3 did oh well you win some and you lose some XD

SeiKyou
Feb 3, 2008, 11:05 PM
This is a 2.1 server so you need a 2.1 client or ventrilo mix, The client is in the link above this post or

"http://www.techhaven.org/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_details/gid,18/Itemid,39"
for Ventrilo mix

OK then if any one would like to me test my server(this is all temp),Its-
Server name- Chris' P-s-u server!
Ip- 71.193.247.18
Port- 3784 (the default)
There is
General Chat,Look for a team, team chat one.
thats it for now

Edit put up links to the mix XD
Edit 2: ok the link works if you copy and paste it for some reason it only linking half of it >.>. also put the channels i have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeiKyou on 2008-02-03 20:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeiKyou on 2008-02-03 20:32 ]</font>

norrisj15
Feb 3, 2008, 11:13 PM
i think there is a 32 person limit on this new server. not sure but looking at the download u posted seikyou i saw limit 32. thats still 4 times the old one.

also fix ur link in the post above didnt work

also tested ur server it worked nice job

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: norrisj15 on 2008-02-03 20:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: norrisj15 on 2008-02-03 20:20 ]</font>

SeiKyou
Feb 3, 2008, 11:35 PM
Only 32 people still? It let me set it >.> should be at 60. if thats the case i might still rest a server. -_- lets see whats going on XD

SeiK

SATatami
Feb 3, 2008, 11:42 PM
I can't connect to it on my 3.1 Vent. >_>;

cApNhOwDy
Feb 3, 2008, 11:48 PM
Yeah you have to have the 2.1 client. Did you say that 2.1 client doesnt support gamepads? Dang that really sucks = That's the primary reason why I didnt use Teamspeak, and Teamspeak's free servers are unlimited users as well I believe.

SeiKyou
Feb 3, 2008, 11:55 PM
yea tell me about it all i do now is use the - on the number pad... easy >.>

SeiKyou
Feb 4, 2008, 12:02 AM
Hey Cap i wanna talk to are you on aim now or you venrilo server?

Oh if you have ventrilo 2.1, You can alway use joytokey too set up a button on your gamepad(like i made my button 8 into the - key for me and that set my voice up).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeiKyou on 2008-02-03 22:28 ]</font>

cApNhOwDy
Feb 4, 2008, 02:00 AM
Just add me on AIM and it should tell you if I'm on, cApNhOwDy1234567.

Tuxedose
Feb 4, 2008, 04:32 AM
Ok seikyou I will test your server later today : ).

SeiKyou
Feb 4, 2008, 04:51 AM
Hey Tuxedose check my sig, bought a 3.0 server(figured it was more useful for every one) But! i have two computer! Soo.. i'm still hosting the 2.1 servers for anyone who whats to use it please do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif.

Seik >.>

Tuxedose
Feb 4, 2008, 05:39 AM
Ok I will try the 3.0 server instead then : )

Tuxedose
Feb 4, 2008, 05:04 PM
Ok bumping this just to tell that Chris Psu server is up running and working. Ventrilo 3.0 and 3.1 is supported so join in http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif!

cApNhOwDy
Feb 8, 2008, 09:55 PM
Okay, I have no problem with people using my server for games other than PSU/PSO, but if you're going to do so you're going to have to be considerate. I just banned two guys because they came in and were talking smack about how much they would kick my ass in Halo. Not only that, but then they muted me, which forced me to leave MY Halo game to mute them so that I didnt have to listen to them jabbering on. If you're going to play another game, be coureous. Join another channel that's not being used. And most importantly, dont be a dick.

I dont care if you curse and whatnot, I want it to be an adult server. But flaming people you dont know for the hell of it is childish, and that's not allowed on the grown-up servers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

cApNhOwDy
Feb 18, 2008, 04:25 AM
The server will be undergoing some downtime in the next day or so for maintenance (fdisking). Until then, I highly recommend checking out Chris's Ventrilo server, iron.typefrag.com port 3784

Has plenty of slots, and the audio quality is much better. It used to kick people off but we think that we've fixed that problem.