PDA

View Full Version : "Becomes a target for enemies and defends allies."

SATatami
Feb 1, 2008, 02:39 PM
The description on PA frags.... Has anyone figured out what it meant yet? =/

vfloresjr24
Feb 1, 2008, 02:40 PM
that is very interesting. I would like to know as well.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 1, 2008, 02:50 PM
I've heard the more you have on you, the more enemies will attack you, instead of your teammates. Of course, i have no proof of this, and is probably a 360 demo rumor.

Addark
Feb 1, 2008, 02:52 PM
It's just a rumor. I've run around with 90 and my friend having none, they went after him until I distracted them better. P:

They USED to be consumable but nobody really noted any effects, and the Sonic Team has since removed the "Use" function.

SATatami
Feb 1, 2008, 02:53 PM
On 2008-02-01 11:52, Addark wrote:
It's just a rumor. I've run around with 90 and my friend having none, they went after him until I distracted them better. P:

They USED to be consumable but nobody really noted any effects, and the Sonic Team has since removed the "Use" function.

[spoiler-box][spoiler]*eats PA Frag* HULK SMAAASH[/spoiler-box][/spoiler-box]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-02-01 11:57 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Feb 1, 2008, 03:43 PM
This was an oversight by the localization team. The original Japanese description translates as:

"A data disk fragment of a powerful photon art, said to be usable only by a chosen few. If many of these are collected, the data can be reconstructed."

SATatami
Feb 1, 2008, 03:52 PM
On 2008-02-01 12:43, EspioKaos wrote:
This was an oversight by the localization team. The original Japanese description translates as:

"A data disk fragment of a powerful photon art, said to be usable only by a chosen few. If many of these are collected, the data can be reconstructed."

Uhm. That's one hell of an oversight.

Akaimizu
Feb 1, 2008, 03:54 PM
The *oversight* translation is about as close as translating the Japanese description to:

"Your head Asplode!!"

-- Obviously...errors in translation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-01 12:54 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Feb 1, 2008, 03:59 PM
It's likely not so much a mistranslation as a mix-up between items. It's happened before with a few weapons (Deljabaner, for example), and I believe that some weapons still have the wrong description. Of course, nothing else in the game uses a description anywhere close to the original Japanese PA Fragment description, so it could be something else.

Reipard
Feb 1, 2008, 07:50 PM
A dumped game script is a huge block of text with no comments and little context. It's not exactly an easy job to take something like that and turn it into something workable that can be re-inserted into the game under a possibly harsh deadline.

Give the translators a break.