PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: anyone else experiencing painfully long load t

shotsfired
Feb 2, 2008, 09:38 AM
ok, so this has been happening with alarming frequency since yesterday morning (fri., Feb. 1). after I press start and go to xbox live, it takes almost three minutes to get to the character log in screen. when I pick my char, it takes another 45 sec to a min to get to the main lobby. load times between uni's and lobbies have been as high as 2 1/2 min. even when I sell something to the NPC, it can take 30-40 secs from the time I press "A" till the time it sells. during missions, I will hit a creature, and the numbers wont show up for approx. 40 secs. It started happening a couple of weeks ago, and now everytime i log in, it is unbearable. I haven't even attempted a mission, because I will probably throw the damn game out the window.

So, is anyone else having this same prob? If so, do you have any ways to help this issue? Just so you know, I have also played halo 3 and call of duty 4 online with great connections and lag free gaming goodness.

JarinKail
Feb 2, 2008, 09:45 AM
Sounds like a bum disc. I understand it happens pretty frequently with PSU on Xbox.

shotsfired
Feb 2, 2008, 09:49 AM
This is my second copy.... I just bought it a week ago.... it was happening with my old disc, I thought the same thing, So I bought one at best buy (75% off, holla!) and it is still happening....

sildragon
Feb 2, 2008, 01:51 PM
I have the freezing problem ALOT... is that the disk??

JarinKail
Feb 2, 2008, 01:55 PM
I can't remember where I read it, but yeah. I guess the disc didn't press as well as it should have and it will freeze pretty frequently. I know it happens to me, usually when loading a new block or between planets.

DarkEliteRico
Feb 3, 2008, 11:11 AM
clearing both the console and game cache should help as well