PDA

View Full Version : Megid/Grants-Ragan?

TheFonz
Feb 2, 2008, 12:26 PM
Only just occurred to me after coming up with the idea that there may actually be a dark/light version of the dragons! (I only recently got AoI, so I haven't experienced the entire content)

EDIT: Just found out a Dark/Light Dragon boss does exist! Dayyum! Anyways, I still think there's room for two more bosses http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyways, I was thinking about Bosses in PSU and how they're pretty much just bigger and slightly more annoying comparisons of regular monsters. What if Sega implemented a couple of mega-challenging bosses that dropped some sexy rares 70% of time with the catch being that they'd be highly difficult to defeat? (i.e. You WILL need a party of 6 with max lvls and good gear to even have a shot) So I decided to try and come up with a realistic boss fight that, whilst may not be ground breaking or highly innovative, should be easy to implement (which means more re-skins Dx)

Megid-Ragan

Appearance: A De-Ragan reskin, with purple skin and a slightly bigger size. Much quicker than De-Ragan (imagine sped-up ragan animation).

Arena: Standard arena, but much smaller and limiting.

Passive Effects: The damage from all of Megid-Ragan's attacks on party members is converted into health and given back to the Boss. Whenever a party member dies, Megid-Ragan receives XXXX HP. Much like the other Dragons, each stomp inflicts damage.

Attack List:

Megid Breath - Nothing special here; like the usual breath attacks of all the other Dragon's, however Megid-Ragan fires 6 - 8 Megid spells in quick succession instead. (has a very high chance of incapacitation)

Strategy: Mostly aimed at Melee users since they'll be the one's closest to the Boss. Just a case of dodging each Megid spell, which could be troublesome due to...

Rammegid - Like the spell, 'Rammegid' however this attack spreads around the Boss (much like a Gi- spell) and has a very high chance of inflicting confuse. Almost always casts this spell right before using its "Megid Breath".

Strategy: Due to item's limited numbers of use, a support class with 'Reverser' is necessary to quickly remove the confuse status, otherwise Megid breath would be very difficult for the party to avoid.

Mega-Megid: After X minutes have passed since the start of the battle, Megid-Ragan fires a huge Megid ball. This ball travels at a moderate pace around the battlefield, incapacitating any player it goes through. The Megid Ball stays for an indefinite period of time and bounces off the walls of the arena. If the Megid Ball passes through the Boss, the Boss is healed for XXXX HP amount. Players can strike at the Megid Ball with melee weapons to change the direction of its path (technics, bullets have no effect)

After the first Mega-Megid, The boss will fire another after every X minutes, potentially having several Megid Balls travelling around the arena simultaneously.

Strategy

Its just the case of keeping an eye out for the Mega-Megid ball travelling around the arena. Although not too hard to avoid, it must be dealt with to avoid it from passing through the Boss (due to its healing effect) and this requires a party member to strike it away from the Boss and other party members. The more Mega-Megid balls there are, the more difficult things become and if the fight lasts too long, it could become an impossibility with the Boss being healed left, right and centre.

Purple Rain: Megid-Ragan almost instantly flies into the air and begins to charge its attack. Once charged, the Boss fires dozens upon dozens of Megid spells, which make their way to the ground from above at moderate speeds. Players will be able to see the shadows on the ground of the Megids right before it makes contact. The flow of Purple Rain will only halt once enough range/technic damage has been placed on the Boss, and results in the Boss to instantly land back onto the ground. Has a high chance of incapacitation.

Strategy

Due to Megid-Ragan not being so high in the air, Rangers will not have to go into FPS mode to fire at the Boss, and spells such as the Nosu series will be able to reach. Rangers play a good part for this role, and they will quickly need to take out the Boss from the air to stop the continuation of the attack (which could last forever if no damage is inflicted on the Boss) however, its not a good idea to stay in the same spot for too long and avoiding each Megid from the sky is a necessity. This attack becomes more deadly depending on the number of Mega-Megid balls around the battle-field. Luckily, 'Purple Rain' is not a common attack from the Boss.

Other notes: Basically this Boss is rarely in the air, and each class has its own role to take as well as adding DPS.

Grants-Ragan

Got an idea for this but will edit this post later

---

So what d'ya think? Any additional input, criticisms or more boss ideas would be great!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheFonz on 2008-02-02 09:43 ]</font>

Retniwreven
Feb 2, 2008, 12:29 PM
Er.. you want Alterazgohg. It's a Dark/Light switching De Ragnus skin.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Retniwreven on 2008-02-02 09:29 ]</font>

JarinKail
Feb 2, 2008, 12:30 PM
Sounds too much like raid content for WoW. I quit playing that game for this exact reason.

fighgunners
Feb 2, 2008, 12:31 PM
umm...theirs a megid and grants deragan fusion already there on white beast its called alterzagoug

TheFonz
Feb 2, 2008, 12:41 PM
On 2008-02-02 09:29, Retniwreven wrote:

Ah Poo, never taken that boss on (thanks to the Winter event!) but thanks for the info! What's the kind of attacks does Alterazgohsg have?

On 2008-02-02 09:30, JarinKail wrote:
Sounds too much like raid content for WoW. I quit playing that game for this exact reason.

Ah, I see what you mean with a Boss that's 'uber' difficult but will drop rares most of the time. Although I like the idea of that kind of Boss on PSU, I don't think it should be milked (i.e. WoW style) where to kill this boss, you need all the gear from the previous boss and then to kill that Boss you need to farm this boss etc.

I was just thinking of adding maybe one or two at the maximum of mega-difficult bosses for a player to aspire to defeat and for the max levels to have something to achieve once they've got their rares.

JarinKail
Feb 2, 2008, 12:43 PM
Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad idea, it just doesn't seem to fit in PSU.

Retniwreven
Feb 2, 2008, 12:47 PM
Alteraz? He's not actually that bad. Shoots twin flying hawkish energy things that cycle around and hit people, confusing and/or virusing them. Fires exploding megidesque/grantsesque balls, but I've never seen them incapacitate. Little symbols around the battlefield spawn ghosty things that shoot spells at you causing more annoyance than actual pain, and it seems to randomly heal itself.

All in all he's not really very tough. Has the same lifespan as any other dragon in a party, which is generally <40 seconds if you're strong. Physical resist doesn't save it.

JaiBlue
Feb 2, 2008, 12:50 PM
On 2008-02-02 09:41, TheFonz wrote:

On 2008-02-02 09:29, Retniwreven wrote:

Ah Poo, never taken that boss on (thanks to the Winter event!) but thanks for the info! What's the kind of attacks does Alterazgohsg have?

Some of your standard ragan attacks like tackle,stomp,fly and attack, and a few grants/megid based attacks He also has minions that that throws thoes with blasts that puts you to sleep and some of them them also use damegid. It can also summon grants and megid phoenixes that fly around it causing a status effect if your hit by one of them.

TheFonz
Feb 2, 2008, 12:58 PM
Ahh thanks for the info guys/gals! Sounds like a pretty fun boss to me, but then again I've only ever faced the v.1. Bosses (except for De Rol) so I haven't exactly had much experience with fun bosses http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (Though I do like the De Ragnus battle...)

fighgunners
Feb 2, 2008, 12:59 PM
kk...I LIKE CHEEESEEE!!! XD