PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Thinking of returning.

Jaycii
Feb 2, 2008, 12:49 PM
I played PSU for a month or two after release, then stopped for a bit due to not having much time.

I am thinking of returning, but have a few questions (and PSO-World has always been quite a bit more helpful than the official forums]

Is the expansion really needed to enjoy it? [I don't mind getting it if its worth it.]

If I do need the expansion, do I need to reinstall the original PSU game first, patch it up, then install the expansion? Or instal the game then expansion, and -then- patch..or not even worry about installing the original?

Another question, how is the population [PC server]. Before I left, it had quite a large number of people, even if it was hard to get groups at times.

Thanks.

[I hope this is in the right spot x.x;]

SATatami
Feb 2, 2008, 12:51 PM
1) No, but is sure does help.
2) To my knowledge, no.
3) AHAHAHA, it's quite fail.

Danger_Girl
Feb 2, 2008, 12:55 PM
On 2008-02-02 09:49, Jaycii wrote:
I played PSU for a month or two after release, then stopped for a bit due to not having much time.

I am thinking of returning, but have a few questions (and PSO-World has always been quite a bit more helpful than the official forums]

Is the expansion really needed to enjoy it? [I don't mind getting it if its worth it.]

Get the expansion. I would go so far as to say it is needed to enjoy it.

If I do need the expansion, do I need to reinstall the original PSU game first, patch it up, then install the expansion? Or instal the game then expansion, and -then- patch..or not even worry about installing the original?

You'll only need to install the expansion. You wont need the original disk at all.

Another question, how is the population [PC server]. Before I left, it had quite a large number of people, even if it was hard to get groups at times.

The population isn't great, but lets just say if you're looking for a group, you shouldn't have too much of an issue finding one, since most people are on the same universe. Seems to me the population has been improving as of late, but it's hard to say for sure because of the winter event drawing some part timers back.

Jaycii
Feb 2, 2008, 12:57 PM
Thank you for the replies. I might go pick it up sometime next week and start back. I do miss it.

Thanks again.