PDA

View Full Version : Quest: adventures in the day of a teachers' assistant

Wyndham
Feb 2, 2008, 01:40 PM
the thing is, I'm a teachers' assistant in a flash animation class. the computers are eMacs, and the ages range from 17 to 9. so you can guess thinngs get pretty crazy.
one kid was tilting his chair, and fell over. so I took the floor, and told the story about how i was tilting my chair, fell foreward and got a gash in my forehead. there was no more chair play.
another thing was one kid wanted to make ax character to mutilate. to, i suggested a stick figure. easy to mutilate, not gorey, and easy to make.
the 17 year old student, named Jacob, was talking to me for a while near the end of the class, and we're like friends now.
i was going to go with Kent, the teacher, for chinese food. but he had very little sleep, so we'll wait until next week.
all in all, it was a fun day.

Wyndham
Feb 2, 2008, 01:41 PM
today.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 2, 2008, 01:41 PM
You did that today, or yesterday?

cel
Feb 2, 2008, 05:28 PM
lol 9 - 17... that age range is just CRAZY to stick in one room.

shame about the gash though when that happened to ya. I've been kinda close to teetering towards doom with that chair tilting habit as well.

pretty sure it's a bad sign when a kid wants to animate mutilation. drawing naked ppl is one thing but animating violence at that age speaks volumes about the imbalance in that little head. Good buddy of mine used to draw this one guy over and over... always pissed off and always bloody. He got over it after he discovered how to get laid and after many, many executive sessions. He looks back at that time and always says "man, what the hell was I thinking?" Indeed.

Wyndham
Feb 2, 2008, 05:31 PM
part of the reason why I'm needed is BECAUSE of the age range. it's insane to try to get one person to do it on their own. and the gash happened bout 9 years ago. and it wasnt as much mutilation as it was breaking it into pieces.
next week is class 4 of 8.
fun stuff.