Feb 2, 2008, 06:56 PM
Anyone know what drops this bow its the 10*
and if so wanna go hunting for them...
Im on 360

D@rk M3nace lvl. 104 AF-10 Fg-15
Gamertag: RP Assassin23

gryphonvii
Feb 2, 2008, 06:59 PM
bysha type something ( red robot on neudaiz) grove of fanatics s2, or sacred steam

drizzle
Feb 2, 2008, 07:00 PM
Look, an item database ---> http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/15/1848/board_hirokteri/

It also drops from Rainbow Beast S2 end boxes once you get that update that was supposed to happen last weekend.

dc534
Feb 4, 2008, 04:07 AM
Yes the red robots drop them. i had two of them bows and gave one to a buddy. There is one map type specifically that consits of mostly red robots. It is the map where when you first enter block 1 you will see a room straight with 4 boxes to the right there should be some caster guys and two the left if you are lucky there will be a spawn of red robots. This is what you are looking for because this means you will get them the entir map. The other maps that have red robots consist more of the blue robots and caster than anytihng so I can only recommend this map since robots suck especially if you do not have 1. a techer with high level techs, 2 killer shot or 3 the machine gun glitch. Some advice if you can virus the robots which should be easy then you should have no problem. Unless you have killer shot than go that route.

SLY_J
Feb 4, 2008, 09:06 AM
If you're serious about hunting for a Hirokteri, and you aren't already a Techer, then I highly recommend doing the following things:
1. Switch to a class that can use rifles. Unless you already have another rifle-using class leveled up, I recommend switching to ForteGunner. It doesn't matter if your ATP takes a nose-dive.
2. Trade in ~90 PA frags for Killer Shot (I don't remember exactly how many PA frags it costs...). Killer Shot will slice through enemy robots like a hot knife through butter.
3. Max yourself out on Zondaride(sp?). One of the two main problems with Killer Shot is that it is very inaccurate, and while it isn't absolutely necessary for you to have an accuracy buff, it tends to help significantly.
4. Buy a Giga Bullet / PP save. The other drawback to Killer Shot is that it drains the PP out of your rifles very quickly. While a Giga Bullet / PP save also isn't an absolute necessity, every little bit helps. Also on the same note, be sure to either pack a bunch of extra rifles, or max yourself out on PhotonChargeCosmos.

I know that sounds like a crazy amount of preparation for a hunting mission, but it's definitly worth it. With Killer Shot, you can run a Grove of Fanatics S2 mission over twice as fast as you probably would otherwise. Happy Hunting!

Arada
Feb 4, 2008, 09:15 AM
If you're a techer, just use Megid, it works very well on robots, instant killing about 1/3 of them.

CelestialBlade
Feb 4, 2008, 09:35 AM
Best: A Ranger with level 21+ Killer Shot and multiple grinded C-rank Yohmei Rifles, and maybe Yak Diga for the Armed Servants.

Second-best: A Techer with either 21+ Megid or decent Lightning Technics. Nosdiga for the Armed Servants.

Nirvash7
Feb 4, 2008, 03:27 PM
I about shat myself when I saw how much unbroken Hirokteries are going for on the 360. I might hunt for some later and cash in while the update's not out.

drizzle
Feb 4, 2008, 03:58 PM
Rainbow Beast S2 seems to be a much better place to hunt it. Got 2 of the things in less than 10 runs there now.

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 4, 2008, 04:14 PM
Are there Bysha types in Rainbow Beast?

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Anduril
Feb 4, 2008, 04:19 PM
On 2008-02-04 13:14, Fox_Makenshi wrote:
Are there Bysha types in Rainbow Beast?

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Drizzle said that they drop from the end boxes on RB S2 after the update.

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 4, 2008, 05:34 PM
Ah right, once we get the update though... Damn I really want that bow too lol. Does the bow itself drop or just the board?

Love,
Fox Makenshi

GuardianElite
Feb 4, 2008, 05:38 PM
board

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 4, 2008, 05:48 PM
Alright thanks.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

dc534
Feb 5, 2008, 03:16 AM
there are some in rainbow beast but it was luck you found two if you are serious your best bet is grove since there are more of the basha type koh21, red robots.

Shiryuu
Feb 5, 2008, 04:31 AM
Actually, you're better off with RB, monster drops seems worse than before.

MSAksion
Feb 5, 2008, 08:32 AM
On 2008-02-04 01:07, dc534 wrote:
Yes the red robots drop them. i had two of them bows and gave one to a buddy. There is one map type specifically that consits of mostly red robots. It is the map where when you first enter block 1 you will see a room straight with 4 boxes to the right there should be some caster guys and two the left if you are lucky there will be a spawn of red robots. This is what you are looking for because this means you will get them the entir map. The other maps that have red robots consist more of the blue robots and caster than anytihng so I can only recommend this map since robots suck especially if you do not have 1. a techer with high level techs, 2 killer shot or 3 the machine gun glitch. Some advice if you can virus the robots which should be easy then you should have no problem. Unless you have killer shot than go that route.

Thanks to your simple to understand rare-map description i successfully JUST FOUND .... a needle cannon XD. Not My S rank bow but...

But i wouldn't have even found this Needle without your help =3 i was really after a Hirokteri then when i killed 3 entire blocks of red robots i chose to fight the boss and got the Needle Instead =D

Just giving props where it needs to be given.

desturel
Feb 5, 2008, 11:07 AM
On 2008-02-05 05:32, MSAksion wrote:
Thanks to your simple to understand rare-map description

Just FYI, there are no rare maps on GoF.

There's another map that's really easy to get koh 21. On the map where you walk straight forward and face 4 male neuman (the barta casting ones, not the female foie casting ones), after you kill two of the neuman, a koh 21 should appear. If a Otsu 32 shows up, it's the wrong map. On the map where the Koh 21 shows up there are 66 Koh through the entire stage and no Otsu at all.

The map with the 4 boxes at the front and 3 Ozuna to the right only has 52 koh, but also has 13 Otsu on block 3.

Hrith
Feb 5, 2008, 12:58 PM
On 2008-02-05 01:31, Shiryuu wrote:
Actually, you're better off with RB, monster drops seems worse than before.(After the update) I found Hirokteri before Rikauteri in GoF S2, I had never found a Hirokteri before ;s