PDA

View Full Version : best place to go for gao rod?

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 3, 2008, 03:17 AM
any mission in particular better for hunting them?

SATatami
Feb 3, 2008, 03:18 AM
Missions that have gaos. Lots of gaos.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 3, 2008, 03:23 AM
On 2008-02-03 00:18, SATatami wrote:

which is why Im asking...is there one in particular thats better >.>

Syl
Feb 3, 2008, 03:24 AM
Theres a spawn for the 4th floor Hive area that has mainly gaos for the first block (or was it second...). I don't know it though <.<

SATatami
Feb 3, 2008, 03:24 AM
On 2008-02-03 00:23, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

On 2008-02-03 00:18, SATatami wrote:

which is why Im asking...is there one in particular thats better >.>

Uhm. I'd say that first HIVE one. Not TD or Fakis... But I've never played TD yet, so I don't know if that's better. Just run all of the missions he's in and count how many you fight. The one with the most? run that.

EngelBlut
Feb 3, 2008, 03:29 AM
i say fakis also

Neoptolemus
Feb 3, 2008, 03:42 AM
I've been running True Darkness S or S2 almost constantly for the past several months (with taking three weeks off for the winter event). While True Darkness is extremely easy to solo, there aren't a lot of Gaos that spawn. If you get the first wave of enemies to be Deljabans, you will have a "Gao Map", where the "big creatures" on block 1 will be Gao's, resulting in up to 5 Gaos (I think). In block 2, you always get 4 Gaos (unless you have a party of 3+, then you can get 2 more). I think I have maybe found 5 or so rod materials in my whole several months of hunting, HOWEVER, I found one today, so I think (read: pray) that maybe the updated drop rates make them drop a little more frequently. Once you figure out the maps and spawns, you will find the mission to be cake. I average 16 minutes on S2 (including killing Fakis), with my best time as 11 minutes. I'll keep running it until I get another two materials, or a Dulk-senba board.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 3, 2008, 04:03 AM
soloing seed vitace as FT makes me sad inside >< had to do dark satellite since I didnt have lobby on my human

PS thanks for info!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2008-02-03 01:04 ]</font>

Christmas
Feb 3, 2008, 04:32 AM
Didn't story mission 10 have quite a bit?

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 3, 2008, 04:52 AM
On 2008-02-03 01:32, Christmas wrote:
Didn't story mission 10 have quite a bit?

theya rent high enough to drop gao rod board

and my god carriguine things just ruined my night, I have to run dark satellite on c because I cant kill the s2 (unless I wanna be there for an hour) 9* high dark armor and they one shot me...and run faster andjump like ****ing pansies all over the place, I stop to throw a foie and I die instantly

anyone got a tip for FT to stand a chance against them let me know... ><

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2008-02-03 01:55 ]</font>

mvffin
Feb 3, 2008, 05:59 AM
doesn't ANY level gaozoran drop its part? it would be much faster to do these runs on C.

icewyrm
Feb 3, 2008, 06:53 AM
Any level drops the part, just not the board o_O

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 3, 2008, 06:57 AM
If I have boards and no parts, I'd run it on a lower difficulty, but as it stands I need the board too >.>

mvffin
Feb 3, 2008, 02:32 PM
dude, the board is like hella cheap compared to the parts. get the parts first, then buy the board. by the time you find 7 parts running C missions, you'll probably have enough to buy the board.

dc534
Feb 4, 2008, 04:26 AM
well lets break it down you get the most gaos if you do I believe it is called Seed Awakened, whichever is the middle lobby mission, however this is not suggested since that mission will kick anyones ass since every creature is buffed, let me put it this way, I am a human 120 gt with level 40 light shot and though the mission went fairly quick with the glitch it still took nearly 40 minutes. Dark Satelite you could potentially get a lot of gaos depending on the map. if you get the map where you start in the open room with a door on the right and left both locked and get a spawn of 4 pannons you will get gaos the entire first block along with seed vitaces so that map is probably not what you are looking for. My personal favorite is true dark because it takes me 7-9 minutes to do andit is where I found my agito repca. Anayways I think someone mentioned it but if you get the map where your beginning spawn is desbelans than you well get gaos for the first block and if you are soloing and cannot open doors you still will fight 4 at the end before facing the fakis. Oh and a side note if the spawn of gaos at the end has a kind as one of them you got the rare map but sadly if you are not in a party of three you cannot open that last door to kill the darbelan. Overall ture dark is the easiest map to get and finish with out to much frustration.