PDA

View Full Version : Music in PSU...

Powder Keg
Feb 3, 2008, 05:21 AM
When playing PSU, do you normally leave the music on, off, or play your own music?

Personally, I like to leave it off and play my own. My regular music is on my Itunes, but I have a winamp playlist full of classic music from SNES, Genesis, PSX, and even PS2 for a crapload of classic games I loved the music in.

Alizarin
Feb 3, 2008, 05:25 AM
It really depends for me. I'll keep it on if I like the music that's playing, but for others and especially long runs in the same location I'll switch over to my own music.

icewyrm
Feb 3, 2008, 05:35 AM
My own music, mostly. Sometimes I switch the ingame music back on but its not usually for long. Also, PSO music rocks in PSU.

Rainu
Feb 3, 2008, 07:40 AM
I usually keep PSU's music on, unless I'm in the Hive / Linear Line / Electric Brain. Those themes just make my ears bleed.

On 2008-02-03 02:35, icewyrm wrote:
Also, PSO music rocks in PSU.
Truth!

Ithildin
Feb 3, 2008, 08:01 AM
Sometimes on, sometimes off. I do feel as tho PSU's music can get somewhat repetitive at times. I think maybe that's just a fact of MMORPGs, as is the gameplay which can be very monotonous indeed. Ah well, it can't be helped I suppose, it's my fault for starting the bloody game in the first place, I knew I'd get addicted!

Atm (with PSU's music off) I'm listening to Billy Bragg and Young Team by Mogwai. I just recently rebought them because I left my bag, in which contained a lot of my cds, in the pub. What a drunken idiot I am...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ithildin on 2008-02-03 05:49 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ithildin on 2008-02-03 05:51 ]</font>

SolRiver
Feb 3, 2008, 08:07 AM
Hives, guardian colony and moatoob are places I avoid having the music on.

darkante
Feb 3, 2008, 08:18 AM
Usually i turn the in-game music off.

Itīs really bad music and hard to endure especially Hive..my crap can do better sound then that. (lawl XD)

But seriously, its bad.

Ftm i usually listen to Metallica, Slayer, Offspring, Rage Against the Machine and Daft Punk.
Favorite song of those groups are ATM, IMO Daft Punk - Aerodynamic.
Really catchy song.

barnacleez
Feb 3, 2008, 08:59 AM
If I'm spamming a mission repeatedly to get something, using music from my own library helps kill the monotony. My everyday song list consists of Ayreon, Symphony X, Dream Theater, and an album called The Battle. Good stuff.

Kanore
Feb 3, 2008, 09:40 AM
Most times I leave it on, even though it isn't as impressive as PSO music.

SATatami
Feb 3, 2008, 09:43 AM
Winamp>you.

Pikku
Feb 3, 2008, 10:10 AM
It's 50/50 for me I guess.
I'm the kind that need music 24/7, but I need to like it or whatever my mood is at the moment.
For the past I think 4 months I've been playing my own music with PSU, before that I usually have the music on when I'm playing in certain areas like Neudaiz (All), Parum (Relics, AMF) never on the colony or Moatoob.

gryphonvii
Feb 3, 2008, 10:37 AM
On 2008-02-03 05:59, barnacleez wrote:
If I'm spamming a mission repeatedly to get something, using music from my own library helps kill the monotony.

same here, I just put my itunes on shuffle and let it roll,

SJW89
Feb 3, 2008, 10:39 AM
I really like the music in the little cutscenes in story mode, and some of the stages I love the music in are Forested Islands, Agahna Degahna boss battle, dulk fakis battle part1, mizuraki defense, train rescue, the music that played in Parum during firebreak, the mission ending music, and the title screen music (not the remix).

I have the PSU soundtrack, and this sounds stupid but I play it while I'm playing the game, this way I can hear the tracks I like without having to do the missions I don't like just to hear them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SJW89 on 2008-02-03 07:39 ]</font>

seph_monkey
Feb 3, 2008, 11:09 AM
it depend for me i enjoy some of psu's music when im in an area with music i like ill turn it on. if im in a place i dont really care for the music then ill put my own, some ska music or something.
when i go to my room i like to listen to merei's theme its pretty

JarinKail
Feb 3, 2008, 11:15 AM
I stream from my PC to my 360 while playing.