PDA

View Full Version : Har quick + casting Mag + Acrotecher

Leahcim
Feb 3, 2008, 01:29 PM
Is the above combo for tech leveling worth the 3.75 Mil I'd have to spend on a Har Quick unit? =O

still need to get Megid too lol...

(PC/PS2)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-02-03 10:31 ]</font>

Retniwreven
Feb 3, 2008, 01:31 PM
It's how I levelled my techs until I got bored. =3
(Approximately as soon as I hit Megid 21.)

Randomness
Feb 3, 2008, 01:46 PM
As an Acrotecher, with Madoogs... Me/Quick is already very fast, not sure how much you gain with Har...

Dragon_Knight
Feb 3, 2008, 01:57 PM
Well once you realize that your casting speed with the above combo lets you cast spells two minutes before you actualy press the button...

Yea an exageration....but you really won't notice a differance unless you use slow techs like Gi spells a lot. With a me/quick buffs and basic techs cast almost instantly, adding a Har to it doesn't change much. But you will notice a change with the slower techs like Dam- and Gi-

mvffin
Feb 3, 2008, 02:02 PM
don't spend 3.75 mil on a har quick. go hunt it. drop rates are good now.

CeruleanWitch
Feb 3, 2008, 02:17 PM
Har / Quick isn't really that useful if you use it with a madoog on an acrotecher. Sure, it'll be faster by what 0.1 of a second? I'd go with a Me / Quick if you already have it.

Alizarin
Feb 3, 2008, 02:20 PM
They are, but my luck sure hasn't blessed me with one yet. I'm pretty sure Rappy Gugg hates seeing my shaggy bi-spectacled face by now.

Indica
Feb 3, 2008, 02:25 PM
Acrotecher has lower TP then a Fortecher and if not a Newman, even lower TP. Using Har/Quick is -100 TP.

Your better off using Sori/Tech Charge to make up for the loss of TP

mvffin
Feb 3, 2008, 02:29 PM
its specifically for tech leveling, so you'd WANT lower TP.

Leahcim
Feb 3, 2008, 02:30 PM
Well the point wouldn't be damage, I'm just going to level all my techs as fast as I can since I'm a Wartecher without a single lvl 21+ Spell -.-

Beast WT mind you, so I only need things like Foie, Diga, Damfoie, Dambarta, Regrant and Megid.

And I just bought it lol, and found it only really helps Gi-Spells, which I have no plan to use x.X Oh well, down to 22mil, nothing to worry about since I never buy from player shops anyways =D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-02-03 11:31 ]</font>

Indica
Feb 3, 2008, 08:45 PM
On 2008-02-03 11:29, mvffin wrote:

well then if his Techs are under LV30 which that is the cap LV anyway for an Aerotecher, your better off switching class to Guntecher which has the LOWEST TP of all classes.

Genoa
Feb 3, 2008, 08:48 PM
As stated, don't buy a Har, they're not all the bad to find. I got 2 already. One by hunting, one by chance.

Besides, it's an omg amazing unit if you ever decide to go Fortetecher... and you know you'll join the darkside again for those 31+ attack techniques =D

Shishi-O
Feb 3, 2008, 08:57 PM
On 2008-02-03 10:29, Leahcim wrote:
Is the above combo for tech leveling worth the 3.75 Mil I'd have to spend on a Har Quick unit? =O

(PC/PS2)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-02-03 10:31 ]</font>
yes

Returning to fortetecher will be painful.

Slooow

I switched back today and I can't deal with the lack of speed, durability, ata, eva,...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2008-02-03 18:05 ]</font>

amtalx
Feb 3, 2008, 09:17 PM
On 2008-02-03 17:45, Indica wrote:

On 2008-02-03 11:29, mvffin wrote:

well then if his Techs are under LV30 which that is the cap LV anyway for an Aerotecher, your better off switching class to Guntecher which has the LOWEST TP of all classes.

I think part of his point is also that ATs can cast faster. More casts per minute = faster leveling.

Indica
Feb 3, 2008, 09:21 PM
On 2008-02-03 18:17, amtalx wrote:

I think part of his point is also that ATs can cast faster. More casts per minute = faster leveling.

I would just stick to Me/Quick and Guntecher. That is really the most sensible way to LV spells to 30

Genoa
Feb 3, 2008, 09:46 PM
On 2008-02-03 18:21, Indica wrote:

I would just stick to Me/Quick and Guntecher. That is really the most sensible way to LV spells to 30

Well... if you meant support techs, than you're wrong because acro would just be smarter.
If you meant attack techs, you're still wrong because it's limited to 20 =/

Zorafim
Feb 3, 2008, 09:50 PM
With that same setup, my acrotecher can attack the same amount of times per second with a gi-tech as a dam tech.
Totally worth getting a Har.

Para
Feb 3, 2008, 09:54 PM
I like the super speed with Har quick when Im newman acrotecher, using gi-techs with that kind of speed sorta keeps monsters stunned from your attacks.

Indica
Feb 3, 2008, 09:55 PM
On 2008-02-03 18:46, MegamanX wrote:

On 2008-02-03 18:21, Indica wrote:

Well... if you meant support techs, than you're wrong because acro would just be smarter.
If you meant attack techs, you're still wrong because it's limited to 20 =/

My mistake, Wartecher LV1-15 is still better then any Aerotecher when it comes to LV spells. There's no denying that a Wartecher will LV it much quicker though.

Genoa
Feb 3, 2008, 10:01 PM
I think it depends more on your character in that comparison. The race has a bit to do with it. Seeing you can transfer disks, why not make a CAST Acrotecher and do something like Unsafe Passage or Sleeping Warriors (difficulty depending on player level, you want the enemies to be strong enough to live a while, but not too strong to where you can die or keep having to heal)

CASTS are sturdy enough to take hits while having low enough TP to not kill enemies fast enough. It's a great idea actually http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Plus, the Acrotecher casts faster, it would seem suitable for straight-up tech leveling.

Leahcim
Feb 3, 2008, 10:02 PM
Well I'm a Beast, so close ennough right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Genoa
Feb 3, 2008, 10:03 PM
Beast would work too, TP's still pretty low and your very sturdy. In my signature you can see that I actually enjoyed beast AT for a while. It's quite fun. The disadvantage comes when you nanoblast and everyone's on a temporary support-hold =/
EDIT: I wouldn't recommend beast Fortetecher simply because you're combining the race with the lowest amount of Accuracy with the class having the lowest accuracy. And the whole point of a beast Fortetecher would be utilizing the lvl.30 Bullets (bow and card damage) yet you would miss like there's no tomorrow. And your ability to survive better combined with lvl.40 potential attack techniques do not compensate over a newman Fortetecher.

But Acrotecher has quite an amount of Accuracy, and you get good weapons. You can utilize all aspects of acrotecher equally (practically) as a beast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2008-02-03 19:06 ]</font>

Maridia
Feb 4, 2008, 11:39 PM
I was so excited about my har quick, but I was disappointed once I finally got it. It's definitely a small bit of difference from a Me/Quick to a Har/Quick, but.. eh. It wasn't so noticeable for me that I could justify the 100 loss in tech. I'm a beast, so it makes a bit of a difference. Now, when I change her to fT and I put it on, huge difference. I hang onto the har/quick just for rod use.

So if you're a newman and can afford lose the 100 tech, go for it. Though you may not want to buy it. I just couldn't find it all that useful at a Beast AT. The spell haste, mags and a Me/Quick did the job so much more efficiently than the other unit. Sad to say. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Weeaboolits
Feb 5, 2008, 02:47 AM
On 2008-02-03 17:57, Shishi-O wrote:

On 2008-02-03 10:29, Leahcim wrote:

(PC/PS2)

yes

Returning to fortetecher will be painful.

Slooow

I switched back today and I can't deal with the lack of speed, durability, ata, eva,...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2008-02-03 18:05 ]</font>
Oddly, I switched to FT FROM AT, and I prefer it.

XDeathX
Feb 5, 2008, 03:09 PM
I bought Har/Quick for 500K and as a Beast AF, I am happy. Giresta heals for 2000+ HP at normal resta casting spead. I'm good.

Doh42
Feb 5, 2008, 03:28 PM
I bought Har/Quick for 500K and as a Beast AF, I am happy. Giresta heals for 2000+ HP at normal resta casting spead. I'm good.
I want to play whatever class XDeathX is playing. Giresta for 2000 as acrofighter, that'd be amazing.
Jokes aside, I got my Har/Quick finally recently, have switched to AT, which was waiting on that unit before I would play it, and I since then switched back to FighGunner. The casting speed is quite fun but I'll have to go back to AT before I can pass judgment beyond that first glance appreciation.

Akaimizu
Feb 5, 2008, 03:33 PM
I'm more to use the Har Quick, but that's mainly because of ratios. The Acrotecher can afford to lose the 100 TP based on how much TP they have in the first place. ATs have TP in spades and can afford it. Part of that reason is, currently, their top TP is overkill. That might come back to them, in the future (though I don't see how); but for today, it's all good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-05 12:33 ]</font>

Kion
Feb 5, 2008, 03:42 PM
AT + mag + har/quick is the setup up that i buff leveled. each buff went from level 1 to 21 in 1.5 hours =3 definately worth it.

Reynard
Feb 5, 2008, 05:18 PM
Um, I dunno about you guys, but being able to cast Giresta in less than half a second is a wonderful wonderful thing. Har/Quick + AT = weee cast speed. Being able to buff in 2-3 seconds and casting Giresta in less than half a second? Ya'll are crazy to think that's a waste.