PDA

View Full Version : AotI: starting cast for the first time need help

mario20061
Feb 3, 2008, 06:26 PM
hi every one i need some help I'm going to start a cast of soon but i don't note what skill type to go iv all ready got a beast lv 77 and im a acroflight lv 15 can any one recommend skill type 4 me ???

also what suv weapons do u recommend ???

Retniwreven
Feb 3, 2008, 06:28 PM
Casts are good with guns, because their eyes are made of far superior materials.
Also they don't get arm-jitters from blood flow.
>_>

beatrixkiddo
Feb 3, 2008, 06:29 PM
CASTs are good at everything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Jakosifer
Feb 3, 2008, 06:31 PM
Go fer Strum Buster/Attacker, and Grom Buster/Attacker..Blitz series too maybe.

As ta whatcha should be...Completely up to yer style, if I had'a CAST I'd prolly go Fortefighter. Heavy Melee and Heavy Gun damage via SUV sho' would be nice IMO. >]

Randomness
Feb 3, 2008, 06:33 PM
Yeah, for a cast, as long as you steer clear of techer types, you can't go wrong with them. (Well, you may end up taking force 5 for PT, and that would be fine)

Genoa
Feb 3, 2008, 06:38 PM
Actually a cast Guntecher does well too. All you gotta do is level buffs to 21 and perhaps get Giresta 21 if you can. No reason to use attack techs, and you can do well with the S-rank exclusive GT weapons.
But casts really are good at anything.
Fortegunner, Protranser, Fortefighter, Guntecher, Fighgunner, and Acrofighter are the only types I would recommend though...

EDIT: Forgot about Fighgunner <_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2008-02-03 15:39 ]</font>

DEM_CIG
Feb 3, 2008, 06:38 PM
Go Fighgunner...

Chuck_Norris
Feb 3, 2008, 06:40 PM
Go FT. CAST are best at FT.

Genoa
Feb 3, 2008, 06:42 PM
... actually I would think a Cast could do a lot better at AT before FT ... unless you were being sarcastic <_<

seph_monkey
Feb 3, 2008, 07:06 PM
id say go fortefighter or protranser or both you thats possible.
i wouldnt say fighgunner cause thats more something a human or a beast should do. besides the fact i hate fighgunner lol

Genoa
Feb 3, 2008, 07:11 PM
Casts have:
Highest Accuracy and Highest Defense
2nd Highest Attack Power and 2nd Highest Health
Lowest Technique Power, Lowest Mental Strength, (and correct me if I'm wrong) Lowest Evasion.

So having great accuracy, defense, health, and attack power gives you a lot of versitility.

DEM_CIG
Feb 3, 2008, 07:16 PM
So the best choice would be fighgunner...( Guntecher or Fortegunner-One of those 3 are most like the best 4 cast)

Yoshi_Ayarane
Feb 3, 2008, 07:36 PM
CASTs rock for melee. Bucketloads of HP and awesome defense make up for having near non-existent EVP, and on top of that you have the racial ATA advantage. And, of course, you can bust out an SUV for a really nice chunk of burst damage. I would go either Fortefighter, Fighgunner or Acrofighter depending on your weapons preference.

(Oh, I can't wait until we can get Paradi Cataract... Blastoise is so freaking getting that SUV for sure >.>)

beatrixkiddo
Feb 3, 2008, 07:41 PM
CAST EVP as an Acrofighter isn't that bad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif With Storm Line and Orpad / Legs I have ~100 less than a human AF of similar level, and lots more ATP ;o

SolRiver
Feb 3, 2008, 08:21 PM
As a fighter, cast's low EVP is a benefit.

But really, I think it depend on preference... cast are generally good with everything that do not cast offensive techs.

mario20061
Feb 3, 2008, 09:17 PM
thanks for all the help its been most helpful

Sexy_Raine
Feb 3, 2008, 09:21 PM
Don't waste your time with force, and do the FF/AF/FiG combo. They are share similar weps and PA limits. Fortegunner if you don't already have a ranger type.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-02-03 18:24 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 3, 2008, 09:32 PM
On 2008-02-03 16:41, beatrixkiddo wrote:
CAST EVP as an Acrofighter isn't that bad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif With Storm Line and Orpad / Legs I have ~100 less than a human AF of similar level, and lots more ATP ;o

The difference between a Male Human and Male CAST at AF is very laughable actually. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

But yeah, CAST sure as hell isn't bad at AF, but they're pretty awesome at Fortefighter, Fortefighter, Fighgunner, Protranser, Guntecher. For fighters, Fortefighter looks pretty nice for CAST since Fortefighter has the worst EVP and best DFP, which matches with CAST, and uses low ATA weapons which CAST excels at.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2008-02-03 19:05 ]</font>

Pengfishh
Feb 4, 2008, 01:23 AM
Cast supremacy!

Chuck_Norris
Feb 4, 2008, 01:27 AM
On 2008-02-03 15:42, MegamanX wrote:
... actually I would think a Cast could do a lot better at AT before FT ... unless you were being sarcastic <_<

Of course i am >_>

DAMASCUS
Feb 4, 2008, 01:44 AM
I remember in Final Fantasy Legends III I tried to make my cast into an Acrofighter...didn't turn out so hot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DEM_CIG
Feb 4, 2008, 10:56 AM
Go Fighgunner u no u want to... jk any class is good, i would only make a cast a Ff,Fg,fg,Gt,Pt,Af... u could make a Wt,Ft or At but i would make sure that u now when to use the different types of spells to be more affective...

Pillan
Feb 4, 2008, 11:24 AM
Cast can do well at any class that isn’t Fortetecher.

Just concentrate on using melee and ranged attacks for output and you’ll always be either the highest or at worst 3% weaker than Beasts in attack. And use mid or high elemental armor to take advantage of their DFP stat to give you the highest survivability and stop enemy attacks from knocking you down. (The only exception is Caseal Acrofighter, which is often out damaged by human male Acrofighter while paring 1 hand weapons with Shadoogs.)

As was mentioned before, low EVP can be more of a benefit than a curse as a hunter and it really doesn’t have much effect on a ranger (unless you’re point blanking without flinch-locking the enemies).

EDIT:

You can play Fortetecher, but you'll be dealing a bit more than half the damage a Newman can deal at the same level and your higher HP, ATP, ATA, and DFP are offset by Fortetecher's low modifiers, making it incredibly difficult for you to reach the point where Cast survivability is highest. So you'll be noticably weaker than, say, a Newman Protranser, but it still is possible to play.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-02-04 10:21 ]</font>

3nascar3fan3
Feb 4, 2008, 06:21 PM
everybody is forgeting AT my fav class for my 120 cast by far as you can do decent damage with melee weps (whips ftw and cards are not that bad either)and it is very nice to be able to quickly switch to a wand or madoog and cast a quick gi-resta plus you only need a me-quick as a har-quick wont do much extra (like .1 sec. faster) plus your class speed boost makes your melee quicker too! but i suggest you invest the time to lvl your buffs to 31 or at least 21 and try to play with mostlly friends or be party lead as there is too many ignorant and stupid people playing that will boot you as soon as they see you pull out a wand to heal/buff

also 10 whips are pretty cheap (under 500K for a low 20% the last time i checked on 360)

note that gi resta and buffs are not affected my your low tp only attack spells are and i only use those against bosses/melee resistant enemies also i only use diga and gidiga

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 3nascar3fan3 on 2008-02-04 15:25 ]</font>

Genoa
Feb 4, 2008, 07:46 PM
I found AT on a beast was fun, I'm sure CAST's can do it decently as well. However it just seems hard to have that strong limitation on your attack techniques... which is probably the 2nd biggest piece of the pie on the Acrotecher usefulness chart D:

beatrixkiddo
Feb 4, 2008, 09:04 PM
On 2008-02-04 16:46, MegamanX wrote:
I found AT on a beast was fun, I'm sure CAST's can do it decently as well. However it just seems hard to have that strong limitation on your attack techniques... which is probably the 2nd biggest piece of the pie on the Acrotecher usefulness chart D:

"2nd biggest piece of the pie" is a deceptively misleading way to say "less than 10% of your damage potential".