PDA

View Full Version : >_> my mom has no faith in my skill at all.

Mystil
Feb 3, 2008, 06:28 PM
So I talked to my mom about applying for Target which as usual degenerated into a conversion about family dollar with her downplaying my abilities.

I said I don't wont to work for Family Dollar because I would be BORED. And it's TRUE. Not because they would overwork me like they do those inexperienced guys they have. These guys in the ghetto? 50 cases would scare the shit out of them. They don't wanna do something like that.

I throw up 100 cases an hour with 8 years experience in retail. The workload that FD has would be nothing to me :/. Just because alot guys quit there does not mean I'll do the same. If anything I'll be reason they want hire anybody else. When I worked for Kroger, I had to put up 360-700 cases 3 days a week. That little ass store is smaller than the entire aisle I worked -.-.

I have to spend all this time trying to convince her

Ah forget it..

I'll be glad when I move out. This lady is nothing but a put down. She doesn't even work and have been living off the government for 30 years. Better yet, getting out = peace of mind cause I'm the only damn one beside my best friend who thinks positively about me.

All the time.. "you cant do that" "you cant do this" "you want be able to work with all those women there(WTF?)" "you overwork yourself"

Frana
Feb 3, 2008, 07:42 PM
Not to be snoopy, but how old are you? If you don't want to say, just put between #and#, that would help me get some perspective on this.

Mystil
Feb 3, 2008, 08:15 PM
I am 25.

And I still live with her/lived with her because for a time she couldn't take care of herself. I can get the hell on now, but need a new job.

Pengfishh
Feb 4, 2008, 01:17 AM
I feel you, friend. At some point last year, my parents both lost complete faith in me. Didn't help that I got into a series of rather expensive troubles and relied on their help, but them having a low opinion of me all of a sudden certainly didn't help.

I try not to let their claims of my inadequacy get me down, so I recommend the same to you. The way you spell it, you know what you're capable of and how to do it, so keep on and shade moms out.

cel
Feb 7, 2008, 03:55 PM
Don't take it all too personally. Sometimes, parents want to put their children through a similar hell, or perhaps worse, than the one they think they are experiencing. They don't really mean to... I mean, I'm sure she loves you, but sometimes they just cannot help but to do this. It's more like a personality trait than anything else; surely you have heard of the phrase : "misery loves company".

That phrase pretty much sums up the situation. In regards to this situation, take what she says with a heaping piles of salt.

Good for you that you have your priorities straight and know what you want to do, even though it's in opposition to what your mom is pressuring you into. Now if only I could get my own priorities straight...

edit: oh upon rereading your post, I developed a different theory.

It's fairly likely that your mom wants to continue your dependence on her. Sort of a control thing. Sometimes, one of the things we fear the most is losing control over something we hold dear... or someone we love. You have to break free of this, but whatever you do, go easy on her when you do. It will be pretty hard on her when you move out, finally, I think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cel on 2008-02-07 12:57 ]</font>

BlaizeYES
Feb 7, 2008, 04:27 PM
your mom sounds a little like george castanza's mom

DreXxiN
Feb 7, 2008, 04:59 PM
I just moved out of my mom and stepdad's house myself after a drunk swearing fit from them, and attempts to "attack" My girlfriend. I actually feel like going back because I feel bad for them, but feel I've given them enough chances..