PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Fortefighter Pallet

Hakujou
Feb 3, 2008, 07:12 PM
Oh good lordy 'nother pallet thread! Yes I know these have been done quite frequently but damnit I am bored and dont feel like doing any runs right now so I have decided to post this little question. What is your ideal Fortefighter pallet?

My pallet currently consists of the following (Including photon arts):

Svaltus Sword 3/10 26% Dark-Spinning Break lvl 26
Huge Cutter 3/10 26% Lightning-Spinning Break lvl 26
Gekitsnatac 3/10 26% Ground-Dus Majarra lvl 24
Okanoh 3/10 26% Fire-Anga Redda lvl 25
Ank Dedda 7/7 32% Dark-Anga Redda lvl 25
Daiga-Misaki 2/10 12% Ice-Bukuu Saien-zan lvl 14
Python 5/10

So you may post either your Fortefighter pallet or your ideal Fortefighter pallet or both. Now post my minions! :B

DEM_CIG
Feb 3, 2008, 07:19 PM
Anything that u like to use... there is no ideal pallet for any pallet, it just depends on the person and there favorite types of weapons to use...

Zorafim
Feb 3, 2008, 07:22 PM
Spear with Majarra
Spear with Majarra
Spear with Majarra
Slicer with Chikki
Slicer with Chikki
Slicer with Chikki

Yeah...

What I'd suggest is, unless you really like swords and spinning break, is to replace those swords with something that does damage. Spears are optimal, but not necessary.
I also believe you only need one axe, and that you should drop Redda for Dugrega and Jabroga.
For the single claw, Bukuu is good.
Try getting Rensan, the second twin claw PA. Its damage is incredible, even if its AoE is bad (that's what Majarra is for, anyway).
A saber with Rising Strike may help you as well, since there aren't many PAs that can do what it does.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2008-02-03 16:27 ]</font>

Hakujou
Feb 3, 2008, 07:25 PM
O.o; Lordy lordy just any generic spear?

DEM_CIG
Feb 3, 2008, 07:26 PM
yes with lvl 1 Majarra

Hakujou
Feb 3, 2008, 07:27 PM
On 2008-02-03 16:22, Zorafim wrote:
Spear with Majarra
Spear with Majarra
Spear with Majarra
Slicer with Chikki
Slicer with Chikki
Slicer with Chikki

Yeah...

What I'd suggest is, unless you really like swords and spinning break, is to replace those swords with something that does damage. Spears are optimal, but not necessary. I also believe you only need one axe, and that you should drop Redda for Dugrega and Jabroga. For the claws, drop Bukuu and get Rensan (the second store bought PA). Its damage is incredible, even if its AoE is bad (that's what Majarra is for, anyway).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2008-02-03 16:24 ]</font>

I do really like my swords and use them quite frequently. The axes I use quite a bit as well I will see about getting Dugrega and definately Jabroga. And now that I have Bukuu I hate it care to describe Rensan?

Zorafim
Feb 3, 2008, 07:28 PM
Yeah, it's really tough to top those PAs. ST didn't do a really good job balancing this game out.

Jakosifer
Feb 3, 2008, 07:28 PM
Spear - Majarra
Spear - Majarra
Twin Dagger - Renkai/Hishou
Slicer - Chikki
Slicer - Chikki
Axe - Jabroga

>]

SATatami
Feb 3, 2008, 07:36 PM
On 2008-02-03 16:22, Zorafim wrote:
Spear with Majarra
Spear with Majarra
Spear with Majarra
Slicer with Chikki
Slicer with Chikki
Slicer with Chikki

Yeah...

What I'd suggest is, unless you really like swords and spinning break, is to replace those swords with something that does damage. Spears are optimal, but not necessary.
I also believe you only need one axe, and that you should drop Redda for Dugrega and Jabroga.
For the single claw, Bukuu is good.
Try getting Rensan, the second twin claw PA. Its damage is incredible, even if its AoE is bad (that's what Majarra is for, anyway).
A saber with Rising Strike may help you as well, since there aren't many PAs that can do what it does.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2008-02-03 16:27 ]</font>

Uhm. Dugrega? Are you insane? That thing's hard as crap to level, and not even worth it. You can have redda to 40 by the time to get Dugrega to 21. =/

Hakujou
Feb 3, 2008, 07:37 PM
On 2008-02-03 16:28, Zorafim wrote:
Yeah, it's really tough to top those PAs. ST didn't do a really good job balancing this game out.

So I've heard -_-;

Yoshi_Ayarane
Feb 3, 2008, 07:41 PM
My CAST fF is a spear junkie (though he carries an ice Kan Yu for looks). Yummy Majarra. I swear that's the freaking spear PA that does everything short of baking you cookies. (then again, Blastoise is my fT's butler, so he could probably do that anyway >.>)

Jabroga (or Angry Jabroni as we've taken to calling it in Across) amuses the smoo out of me, and not even so much for the damage. It's the freaking MEGAPOUNCE. Really. Any cat owners among us should be able to figure this one out. ^_^

For added hilarity, try Jabroga with an Ank Bico. XD

Retniwreven
Feb 3, 2008, 07:46 PM
I use this, personally:
Twin Claw (Ground Bearclaw, Renzan Seidan-ga / Chuei Jitosushin)
Twin Claw (Dark Bearclaw, Renzan Seidan-ga / Chuei Jitosushin)
Spear (Earth/Light/Dark/Fire/Lightning Mugunruk/Muktengek/Gekitsnata, Dus Majarra)
Axe (Ank Dedda, Anga Redda)
Handgun (Varista, Plasma Hit) + Saber (Dark Blackheart, Rising Strike)
Handgun (Varista, Plasma Hit) + Claw (Daiga-Misaki, Bukuu Saien-zan)
I replace the one-handed weapons with slicers when soloing, depending on the mission.

Sexy_Raine
Feb 3, 2008, 07:48 PM
Meh, here's what my inferior male has. His weapon set is sick, considering how much I don't really care for hunter. D:

Muktengek: 26% lightning
Kan Yu: 20% Ground
Twin Bear Claws: 24% light
Daiga Misaki: 25% Ice
Grand Cross: 20% Ice
Crimson: 36% Fire
8* slicer: 26% ground

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-02-03 17:25 ]</font>

Hakujou
Feb 3, 2008, 07:51 PM
I've rather fallen in love with my axes and like Yoshi with her Kan Yu my Svaltus sword is mostly for show but I have seen it deal out about 2000dmg but you have gotta love Redda's final hit I usually hit for around 4000dmg with the just attack of it xP

NNEONateDogg
Feb 3, 2008, 08:03 PM
Sword
Knuckles
Spear
Axe
Twin Saber
Twin Claw

darkfalz16
Feb 3, 2008, 08:22 PM
heres mine
22% light agito repca 5/8 (gravity break)
22% ice kan yu (gravity break)
12% dark grand cross (cross hurricane)
26% dark mugunruk (dus majarra)
26% earth mugunruk (dus majarra)
32% light mugunruk (dus majarra)
34% lightining mugunruk (dus majarra)
36% ank dedda (anga redda)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkfalz16 on 2008-02-03 17:22 ]</font>

gryphonvii
Feb 3, 2008, 08:31 PM
right now I have on my 80 beast
kan yu w/ gravity break
yamata-misaki w/ renzan
muktengek w. majarra
zagza w/ redda ( need some more frags for jabroga)
gudda skela w/ zubba and robado
daiga w/ that one pa move that tonnio has and I can't remembe the name
varista

Zorafim
Feb 3, 2008, 08:38 PM
On 2008-02-03 16:27, Hakujou wrote:
I do really like my swords and use them quite frequently. The axes I use quite a bit as well I will see about getting Dugrega and definately Jabroga. And now that I have Bukuu I hate it care to describe Rensan?

If you want to put up with swords, then I suppose keep them. I can't really suggest anything else. I'd consider them the worst weapon type, though.
I was suggesting Rensan for twin claws, as an alternative to any two handed weapons you wanted to replace. It stikes four times against one enemy, then twice against two enemies (knockup, then knockdown), finishing in a ~2x modified single attack that hits three. It's great for utility, and each attack does 1k damage (assuming proper character, weapon, and PA level).
If you don't like Bukuu (one handed version, right?), The only thing I can suggest is getting another one handed weapon (only slicer with Chikki comes to mind, since one handed weapons tend to suck).
For axes, Dugrega is an incredible godsend even at lv1. It's incredibly difficult to level, but I'm really glad I did. Its damage is overall on par with a Redda its same level, and its knockarounds and jumping make it great for utility. Not to mention it isn't as slow. The reason why I suggested to toss an axe is because they're more of a situational weapon and they're really easy to recharge (though not always practical).

Retniwreven
Feb 3, 2008, 08:40 PM
Zora - one clarification. You're thinking of Renzan, not Rensan. Rensan is the PA frag one where you dig into the ground.