PDA

View Full Version : Which is stronger - Techer Question

magicman34
Feb 3, 2008, 08:37 PM
Which of the following is the stronger, based on the same level 106 female newman character at level 15 job of fortetecher or arcotecher as req'd.

Level 40 attacks with level 30 buffs - FT

or

level 30 attacks with level 40 buffs - AT

I presume both would be slightly lower with a male newman as they are tech based and his TP would be lower than a females.

Genoa
Feb 3, 2008, 08:40 PM
FT, not only because of bonus, but because the next tier up usually means the larger the technique, which makes hitting an enemy / multiple enemies easier.
With Har/Quick, using a Rod really isn't as bad as it used to be. Sure Acro's cast a lot faster, but it's still not as powerful as the FT.

The AT's advantages is being fastest at support AND highest at support, which is a plus. Their defensive/attack statitiscs give them a better chance of survival, which helps to support a party. Comparing a hybrid to a forte is hard to do. But as far as straight Technique damage goes, Fortetecher still takes the lead.

Lamak
Feb 3, 2008, 08:40 PM
AT if you use Wands as FT.
FT if you use Rods.

Sexy_Raine
Feb 3, 2008, 09:17 PM
FT wins if you have lv40 techs. Ra-techs hit 4 targets at 31-40, Dam- techs are nice and abusable with rods. Also some lv31's tech get a higher SE.

Shishi-O
Feb 3, 2008, 09:29 PM
On 2008-02-03 17:37, magicman34 wrote:
Which of the following is the stronger, based on the same level 106 female newman character at level 15 job of fortetecher or arcotecher as req'd.

or

I presume both would be slightly lower with a male newman as they are tech based and his TP would be lower than a females.

if u r talking about 1 cast, ft wins out.

But f u talking about overall damage....

Let's use Gidiga as n example;

1. Ft- u will get good numbers, knocked down, wash repeat.

2. At- u will create scene right out of hell, that looks like a constant earthquake, nothing will move till u stop casting or they are all dead.

Basic spells;

1. Ft- will cast 1 while the 1st is disapearing.

2. At- will have three in the air at the same time.

This is not a tall tale.

At- using whips and a solid power s, on any multi hit point enemy hits for 3-400 on every hit point in the vicinity, de Dagon doesn't take long for me to kill.

Genoa
Feb 3, 2008, 09:35 PM
On 2008-02-03 18:29, Shishi-O wrote:

or

2. At- u will create scene right out of hell, that looks like a constant earthquake, nothing will move till u stop casting or they are all dead.

Basic spells;

This is not a tall tale.

At- using whips and a solid power s, on any multi hit point enemy hits for 3-400 on every hit point in the vicinity, de Dagon doesn't take long for me to kill.

Nothing was mentioned about non-tech attacks, your whipping business is not noticed =0 !
Heh, but yeah, DoT AT I would suppose, but uh... lately... when do enemies live long enough for DoT to take effect?
It's a shame... Ranger's SE Bullets don't have as much as an impact in parties now because things can die so quickly by melee and techs. Even Tech SE's aren't as important as before.

And yes, I like BIG NUMBERZ =D but I'm also aware that you can do more potential damage faster over time, I just prefer the lvl.31+ Animations because they're omg seksi.

Chaobo99
Feb 3, 2008, 09:36 PM
I can have just about 2 lv.31 zondes up at the same time as FT...and its actually almost 3 things in the air at once as AT...still my AT does about 1800 faster(foie) and my FT does 3000(foie) only slightly slower.

ThEoRy
Feb 3, 2008, 10:00 PM
ft ftw

Telina
Feb 3, 2008, 10:15 PM
these kinds of topics always end up badly. Like the last damage topic about axes vs double sabers. They end up loosing sight of evidence and end up becoming a flaming popularity contest.

The point of the matter is, if given the same circumstances, their damage will equal out to be roughly the same, the difference is one does less damage faster and one does more damage slower.

You really can't compare them only on the grounds that they both cast spells, oddly enough.

Genoa
Feb 3, 2008, 11:25 PM
It's because people compare something to something different, but want to know what's better for a specific aspect... then everyone argues of all the other advantages/disadvantages <_>

Umberger
Feb 3, 2008, 11:29 PM
Depends on the enemy (or the amount of creatures in the mob for that matter) and your equipment.

SATatami
Feb 3, 2008, 11:30 PM
If you wanna actually do techs, I'd assume you'd want to have them at 31+, so FT. Besiiiides, most people go AT to be fortewhippers that do nothing but spam knockback and piss EVERYONE off. oh, and 90% of them won't have any buffs, whereas ~5% don't have any spells at all. But DAYAMN, that maxed out Vivvi Danga looks HELLA~ nice. It's SOOOO worth it~ *facepalm* ¬_¬;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-02-03 20:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-02-03 20:35 ]</font>

Libram
Feb 3, 2008, 11:45 PM
Tech wise I'm going to go with FT, especially if you're using an elemental rod. You have the class TP, the rod's TP, the rod TECH boost, and the inherent TP and elemental modifiers of the stronger TECH. This will cause general havoc for all enemies involved, especially if you use the Dam spells.

CeruleanWitch
Feb 3, 2008, 11:50 PM
On 2008-02-03 20:30, SATatami wrote:
If you wanna actually do techs, I'd assume you'd want to have them at 31+, so FT. Besiiiides, most people go AT to be fortewhippers that do nothing but spam knockback and piss EVERYONE off.

QFT.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 4, 2008, 12:23 AM
[b]

I spam gidiga all the time with a rod and never get knocked down. Occasionally on robots one might manage to strafe away from me but thats it

SolRiver
Feb 4, 2008, 02:19 AM
... I just noticed! There are no more fT cries to be heard on the forum!!

That is a great achievement that ST had obtained through these gruesome years.

Magus_84
Feb 4, 2008, 06:41 AM
On 2008-02-03 23:19, SolRiver wrote:
... I just noticed! There are no more fT cries to be heard on the forum!!

That is a great achievement that ST had obtained through these gruesome years.

Give it a while. Maybe most of them aren't awake yet, or something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magus_84 on 2008-02-04 03:42 ]</font>

Kanore
Feb 4, 2008, 06:45 AM
fT, of course. AT's purpose isn't to nuke as much as possible (at least all the time.) Tag with Jellen or Zalure (which you should have on a Tech-MAG alongside another single hand; you can also add Zoldeel if you're using a wand but I'm guilty of excluding Zoldeel entirely) and follow up with Zalure if you can. Lots of enemies have debuffs; you should be on top of them and overwriting them with your buffs in the middle of battle as efficiently as possible. Follow up with quick Restas, Girestas and Reversers, then follow up with RA-techs or GI-techs. At least, this is the most ideal way to do things. Sounds just like a Force on PSO that actually healed, right?

With the introduction of ATs, fTs can sit back and relax more than ever while twiddling their fingers. It actually makes the class seem boring if you have an AT in the group.

...Well, unless you have a 31 Megid or something I guess.

Shishi-O
Feb 4, 2008, 11:36 AM
On 2008-02-03 18:35, MegamanX wrote:

On 2008-02-03 18:29, Shishi-O wrote:

or

Basic spells;

This is not a tall tale.

Nothing was mentioned about non-tech attacks, your whipping business is not noticed =0 !
Heh, but yeah, DoT AT I would suppose, but uh... lately... when do enemies live long enough for DoT to take effect?
It's a shame... Ranger's SE Bullets don't have as much as an impact in parties now because things can die so quickly by melee and techs. Even Tech SE's aren't as important as before.

And yes, I like BIG NUMBERZ =D but I'm also aware that you can do more potential damage faster over time, I just prefer the lvl.31+ Animations because they're omg seksi.

lol yeah, they are arn't they

Shishi-O
Feb 4, 2008, 11:39 AM
On 2008-02-04 03:45, Kanore wrote:
fT, of course. AT's purpose isn't to nuke as much as possible (at least all the time.) Tag with Jellen or Zalure (which you should have on a Tech-MAG alongside another single hand; you can also add Zoldeel if you're using a wand but I'm guilty of excluding Zoldeel entirely) and follow up with Zalure if you can. Lots of enemies have debuffs; you should be on top of them and overwriting them with your buffs in the middle of battle as efficiently as possible. Follow up with quick Restas, Girestas and Reversers, then follow up with RA-techs or GI-techs. At least, this is the most ideal way to do things. Sounds just like a Force on PSO that actually healed, right?

With the introduction of ATs, fTs can sit back and relax more than ever while twiddling their fingers. It actually makes the class seem boring if you have an AT in the group.

...Well, unless you have a 31 Megid or something I guess.

very tru and not to hate on Ft, but spaming the hell out of megid is awe somz as At

pikachief
Feb 4, 2008, 12:31 PM
well if u wanna be STRONGER go FT.

If u wanna have more fun go AT lol.

thats pretty much it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kietrinia
Feb 4, 2008, 12:36 PM
FTs get a PP discount on TECHNIC weapons, which means they can cast more over a period of time.

An AT may cast quickly, but they also pay more PP per TECHNIC, meaning they'll run out of steam long before a FT, even while using the exact same weapons.

Fortetechers are TECHNIC masters, it even says so in their description. If that's what you want to focus on, then by all means. If you like to mix melee in there, then go AT and try to balance the two.

Genoa
Feb 4, 2008, 07:30 PM
Newman male lvl.120
Fortetecher lvl.15 / Acrotecher lvl.15
HP: 1679 / 2251
ATP: 544 / 849
ATA: 313 / 652
TP: 2009 / 1773
DFP: 125 / 191
EVP 863 / 921
MST: 918 / 691

Photon Arts caps: Fortetecher / Acrotecher
Skills: 10 / 20
Bullets: 30 / 20
Attack Techniques: 40 / 30
Support Techniques: 30 / 40

Equipment: Fortetecher
S-ranks: Rods / Wands / Cards / Bows
A-ranks: Spear / Twin Daggers / Saber / Dagger / Whip / Handgun / Madoog

Equipment: Acrotecher
S-ranks: Saber / Dagger / Whip / Cards / Handgun / Wand / Madoog
A-ranks: Twin Daggers / Twin Handguns / Machinegun / Shadoog

Class Specialties:
Fortetecher:
PP Reduction -20% in Technique usage
PP Regeneration +25% for Technique Weapons
Exclusive Rods ; 12% elemental bonus
Acrotecher:
Increased Attack / Technique casting speed
PP Regeneration +25% for Technique Weapons (not sure about ranged/melee)

Depends what you prefer >___>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2008-02-04 16:40 ]</font>

Edgard
Feb 5, 2008, 12:17 AM
On 2008-02-03 20:30, SATatami wrote:
If you wanna actually do techs, I'd assume you'd want to have them at 31+, so FT. Besiiiides, most people go AT to be fortewhippers that do nothing but spam knockback and piss EVERYONE off. oh, and 90% of them won't have any buffs, whereas ~5% don't have any spells at all. But DAYAMN, that maxed out Vivvi Danga looks HELLA~ nice. It's SOOOO worth it~ *facepalm* ¬_¬;

HAHAHAHAHA "piss EVERYONE off" You are so right on that one!!!

I suggest you go with FT because if you're a newman and go AT you do very little damage with wipps... you do like what 300 per hit that nothing! I always use dam-spells and nos-spells with rods and they do big numbers. With Nosdiga and a halarod I do 1700 per hit, with dambarta and a halarod I do 1500 per hit... this spells you only cast once and they keep hitting the enemies...

If you want speed, use a madoog and cast whatever you want. Also I prefer seeing lv31+ techs then using a whip and buffing ungrateful jerks...

Debuff is only useful for tagging everything in the room before some ForteFigter kill everything.

Trust me, my newman has done 4k hits on robots using diga lv 37 with a halarod... I dare to see an AT do that kind of damage...

plus there is nothing nicer that having people admire your high level techs... In the long run when we have lv 50 pa's; Dus majarra will still look like dus majarra but your techs will look out of this world! Now imagine if we get another expansion with level 70 pa's OMG techs will rule the game!

WhiteKnight01
Feb 5, 2008, 01:33 PM
when i get all my techs to 40 (not long now) il just ask they party what they need because i just cant decide for myself, if your not using 31+ attack techs go AT they just level up faster i wish i had this choice when i started playing those many many months ago,

also like you said debuffs are kinda usless now i only realy use the defence one, i cant rember any names lol, when they bring out super tough enemies 150+ then the others will be needed but 21+ are great for taging

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WhiteKnight01 on 2008-02-05 10:38 ]</font>