PDA

View Full Version : my anniversery! ( a memory thread)

gryphonvii
Feb 3, 2008, 08:42 PM
yay today marks my one year anniversery for playing phantasy star universe, its been a long 12 months filled with laughs and screams and cries and friends found and lost and hunts failed and succeeded. Since I am now reminiscing I want people to share their memories, good and bad, they've had with this game.

Genoa
Feb 3, 2008, 08:43 PM
uh, Congratulations? xD heh
Hopefully PSU will last a couple more ;o

chaostroop3
Feb 3, 2008, 08:44 PM
my memory...when i spent 500 hours hitting level50 a year ago .....and last week whare i hit 60 in one day... ah good times lol

SolRiver
Feb 3, 2008, 08:49 PM
Picture or it didn't happen!

gryphonvii
Feb 3, 2008, 08:53 PM
On 2008-02-03 17:49, SolRiver wrote:
Picture or it didn't happen!

360, sorry couldn't get a pic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sleepy.gif

Alizarin
Feb 3, 2008, 08:53 PM
I remember when my friend's Dark Durandal was like the best weapon ever, because all we did were sleeping warriors runs.

SStrikerR
Feb 3, 2008, 08:56 PM
On 2008-02-03 17:44, chaostroop3 wrote:
my memory...when i spent 500 hours hitting level50 a year ago .....and last week whare i hit 60 in one day... ah good times lol

Tuxedose
Feb 3, 2008, 08:58 PM
The best moment: When I finally found the Crea doubles board. That was my first Pso Happy feeling I got in psu http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Worst memory: When the Crea Doubles synth failed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif But in the end I got my Light % Vrea double anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

xXInvidiaXx
Feb 3, 2008, 11:14 PM
I started playing Saturday March 11th at 5:20PM.

I need help...

Noblewine
Feb 3, 2008, 11:20 PM
The events and the get togethers on uni 15. Ahhh....good times... good times.

Gunslinger-08
Feb 3, 2008, 11:32 PM
One of the first "friends" I made was a french guy who didn't know a lick of english. It was hilarious trying to communicate with him during runs. We eventually got to a point where we were able to figure out what the other wanted and such. Then another person started using the account (still don't understand why), but he made it clear it wasn't the same person. I was sad, but shortly after, I found the group of players I play with today.

CrimsonHawk7
Feb 3, 2008, 11:54 PM
It was great when online was first out. Oh the feeling when they opened up the planets. I'm glad you made a year had to stop for a bit due to PC errors.

-Crokar-
Feb 4, 2008, 12:52 AM
iplayed for first month on my brothers name. then i played on my own name. met people hated people people hated me. man its been awsome. 2400+ hours of of hate makes me exited to play

Rasputin
Feb 4, 2008, 01:25 AM
I still remember the first guy I traded cards with. Biggestmac. Never spoke a word to him. Never partied with him. I loved his name.

VanHalen
Feb 4, 2008, 02:59 AM
Hanging out on the 4th floor of the colony on universe 1 when I first started was great. Also laughing about how everyone moved to universe 2 and stayed there when universe 1 crashed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Gemel
Feb 4, 2008, 03:07 AM
I miss the old PSU xD

I'm glad for everyone thats stayed since the beginning until now. You guys wanna try for another?

Chuck_Norris
Feb 4, 2008, 03:13 AM
Ah i remember when i first joined. Didn't have a keyboard back then. Just went to LL after getting half way through story mode, and spammed till level 5, then to parum, where i spent the next 30 levels, spamming that good ol' De ragan, i didn't even know about MP at the time, so i didn't mean to hit Fortefighter when i did, lol. Took me about a week to actually get to level 20. Ah i had saved all the meseta i had made from the ragan runs, and had just enough for Nanoblast. Still have the same badge since then. Doubt i'll ever change it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EDIT:
On 2008-02-04 00:07, Gemel wrote:
I'm glad for everyone thats stayed since the beginning until now. You guys wanna try for another?

HEL YEH!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-02-04 00:15 ]</font>

Tita
Feb 4, 2008, 03:35 AM
i remember just about to pass on PSU entirely, but my boyfriend, nephew and i decided to dust off PSO on the gamecube for shits n giggles a few months prior. Also, my boyfriend lives in San Diego and i live in LA, so we figured PSU would be a great way to spend time together when we're apart for those long weeks between visits. we made a vow to play PSU until they killed the servers, and we're still holding up with no end in sight.

my boyfriend got on first, and i think he was like level 40 something when i finally got on. now we're neck and neck level wise with both our mains and our alts. my nephew was finally able to get on a few months ago and he's already tailing us at level 70something and pallet after pallet of S ranks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

damn kids!

met too many cool folks along the way and whether or not i drop or pick up other mmos, i don't think i'll ever let PSU go.

also: SCREW YOU MAPLE STORY!!! NOT TOUCHING YOU WITH A 10 FOOT POLE!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

ilovetypemoon
Feb 4, 2008, 03:47 AM
I'll never forget the launch day of PSU. So many people, so much excitement, so much fun.

Then broomop hit.

SLY_J
Feb 4, 2008, 08:10 AM
My happiest memory in PSU: The day I found my first Crea Doubles board.
My most painful memory: The six and a half months (750+ in-game hours) I spent searching for a Crea Doubles board before I actually found one.

Seriously though, I ran so many Linear Line missions searching for the darn thing that I think I may have developed an Immunity to Megid. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I’m incredibly thankful for all my friends who helped me stay sane put up with my rabid insanity while I searched. That goes double for gryphonvii ,the OP, who continued to lend me moral support, even when my affection for Crea Doubles turned into an unhealthy obsession.

At least all the effort paid off; I now have Crea Doubles in every element, most of which are +25%! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Akaimizu
Feb 4, 2008, 09:40 AM
I definitely know about unhealthy obsessions. Tynselle's original search for some Evil Twins, and then the search for the Bullet PP/Save, and the unhealthy obession to actually find 1 single Yellow Rappy encounter. The Evil Twins search was appeased rather quickly, thanks to a player shop that finally decided to discount them. Tynselle even went a bit bonkers searching for those critters. (That and a single De Ragan tail drop, which is still ongoing)

The sad part is, those 750+ in-game hours and such didn't land me anything better than......my first yellow Rappy enounter. I never was much for having meseta in the game. Seemed like most of my in-level gains were spent just replenishing spent PP and traps used. Not that I'm anywhere near rich with today's current economy, but the expansion at least upped the meseta drops so that I can actually use all of my needed abilities without killing my wallet in the process.

Needless to say, my lack of drops put me past the obsession and into more of a half-giving up of sorts. It's almost an expected curse to never see stuff drop outside of materials.

I don't exactly have an amazing success story to tell in terms of my luck turning around, but I do appreciate the heavy amount of support my friends did give me. I likely wouldn't have half the stuff I could have for my Guntecher job if it wasn't for them. By far, the job I struggled the most with, in terms of acquisitions.

On the flip side. When it came to Tynselle playing Acrotecher, or Mufonna with her Fighter jobs. Hunter/FF/soon AF. Good fortune arrived fast and the hits just keep on coming. This game loves the melee types, I tell you.

-----------------
Still, even if the pain of luck is strong in this game, I definitely have a lot of great moments, in this game. Normally all of them aren't in gains, but in just stuff done and comraderie. That stuff alone is the biggest draw for me, because if the comraderie and the moments of well-done support didn't happen, I'd have very little incentive to go on. I only received 1 single *still rare* drop in the game, and I'll never forget it. A nice 11 star Axe which was found and produced at 28% ground. Sold for 6 million meseta, which was more money, by itself, than I ever had. Everything else was pretty much bought once they became notably common, except for a couple of nice things that were given to me.

I was a launch inductee, but (like the Dreamcast original) I couldn't wait for the US launch for a taste of it. So I go and get the Japanese PC version for some offline work. Messed with a couple of characters in Extra mode and came up with Tynselle Nbareh. I spent a bit way too much time in the character customization, but it was worth it. By the time I finished her, the backstory just came to me. That's a sign of a character I want to stick with, and would be entertaining to play for a long time. I know how important that aspect is when you know you're going to spend 1000+ gaming hours with 'em.

Anyway, my old friend Magician also joined in the game, and we had quite a few sessions before he decided to leave the game. He was worked into Tynselle's backstory as well. I also got to meet some of my friends I met back in my FFXI days. And of course, my original friends back before and through PSO returned to play this game. My original PSO crew still plays this game, to this day.

Highlights (A Year in Review):

-- Meeting some of the Pso-worlders here online. Not to mention, groups of my old friends as well.

-- Taking all sort of character pictures and organizing a site based on Tynselle's picture-taking ability. The event gatherings for which I could take said pictures, and such. The site is not only still active, but is getting an upgrade, soon.

-- The crazy fan fiction that spurned from this game. Not only did the Six Square Chronicles get started, new characters were inspired to come into the fold, keeping me well in practice for my book-writing and composition skills. I always love to write stuff from a different perspective. It builds the skill.

-- Backing Twin Handguns when they were really unpopular, in part based on Tynselle's backstory I wrote right around launch, and a thirst to figure out ways they make good on the game engine outside of just damage per second. It was also nice to see the Twin Handgun fanbase grow from nothing to what it is now. My real urge to back the Twin Handguns is because that's what Tynselle would do. After that, it was about utilizing all kinds of skills and weaponry that supported gameplay balanced towards favoring both Twin Handgun use, and support.

-- Back when Crimson Beast was new. Totally getting a group of Cast Advanced Fighters and Gunners through the S2 unscathed. Not only as the only techer in the group, but as a pre-expansion Guntecher. Not only did it change their perception on the class abilities to support, it definitely boosted my confidence. I also got partner card invitations shoved right in my face at the end of the mission. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-- The many times I used my abilities to basically disarm monsters for the rest of the party to clean up. (Including the days of Thunder Cannon and MayaLee Prism during a time Laser Cannon users were likely in single digits. And the way it literally took the teeth out of those buffed Vandas during Firebreak. Back when the event brought monsters that could kill even ForteFighters, at the time, even if they wore the correct armor.)

-- Trying to break the world record of not finding Yellow Rappy encounters while running missions known to do it; only to see them 1 single level before I hit a record.

-- The early days of working in a very good mutual combat style with Magician. While I definitely struggled soloing with Tynselle, when paired with Magician, nothing could stop us. Especially once he got his Spear PAs. We were a two person team of destruction. (A reason he got worked into the backstory)

-- Getting Tynselle's picture taken in an event Sonic Team posted on their site.

-- The odd impromptu fan fiction and in-game ideas that came from just plain us being silly. I didn't forget The Captain Sweetness Team with Tynselle, MayLee, and Lenelle. I believe we were Cinnamon, Vanilla, and Chocolate respectively.

-- My first PM Jasmine and her lovable bloodlust. Jasmine overdoes everything. Also written into a short fan fiction skit of Captain Sweetness, when they decide to play Beach Volleyball. (A little joke about ST pulling an Itagaki)

-- Making my little (challenge) addiction to shoot any monster that suddenly finds itself airborne into Tynselle's character. Who knew skeet shooting was so fun? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

-- Reeses, Itsuki's, Ryuki's and others coming up with plenty of Fashion topics to discuss. They always got a lot of replies, and were always entertaining. Quite a few pictures were made and helped fuel my picture site in trying to find more characters to show off their looks. I kind of miss those.

-- Learning to dodge nearly everything. Though it does hurt when you dodge hundreds of things only to get hit once or maybe twice in an entire mission; yet those exact rare hits killed you on the spot. Somehow, it mentally makes you feel worse than folks who get hit loads of times but don't die.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-04 07:24 ]</font>