PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC/PS2: Stuck with the maiden of luck?

Kira_Yamato
Feb 3, 2008, 11:54 PM
Everytime I get my prediction,I'm always ending up stuck with her...I can't even move so I have to reset the game all the time.Anyone got the same problem as me?

LoneDespo
Feb 4, 2008, 12:08 AM
What do you mean by stuck? How long are you waiting? It takes me about 20-30 seconds to go through the process because it keeps you at the fortune frame for a wee bit.

CeruleanWitch
Feb 4, 2008, 12:17 AM
Mash the cancel button before that filthy elf says anything other than ___ Holy. It works.

Helly
Feb 4, 2008, 12:42 AM
Yeah why does that take so long? Its annoying to get 0 luck on top of 0 luck yet again and have them rubbing it in your face by making the process take forever ;_;

beatrixkiddo
Feb 4, 2008, 12:47 AM
On 2008-02-03 20:54, Kira_Yamato wrote:
Everytime I get my prediction,I'm always ending up stuck with her...I can't even move so I have to reset the game all the time.Anyone got the same problem as me?

Same happened to me the other day. All the previous times I'd talked to her, it made me wait a LOOONG time, but it let me out. This time, I got stuck, for over 5 minutes before I decided to close PSU.

Alamar
Feb 4, 2008, 04:46 AM
yep it happens to my sister all the time she plays on ps2. It gets on my nerves how slow she talks.

Retniwreven
Feb 4, 2008, 11:51 AM
I've gotten stuck twice now after she gives the initial XHoly fortune. She just sits there, staring, not saying anything whatsoever. This is on PC.

Keiko_Seisha
Feb 4, 2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I get stuck also and have to close PSU and log back on, I dunno what's causing it.

Retniwreven
Feb 4, 2008, 12:12 PM
Maybe she's trying to challenge us to a staring match.

Alizarin
Feb 4, 2008, 12:15 PM
She must be incredibly lonely, and also very bitter because all the periods of super holy luck. Especially since when she was introduced, we were also given super holy luck, and people did nothing but complain when their luck changed by talking to her at the time.

... so she ends up taking revenge by speaking veeeeeeeery slooooowly, and then standing there staring for who knows how long before she lets you go. Sometimes, she gets so lonely she might even want you to stay ... forever.

CeruleanWitch
Feb 4, 2008, 12:20 PM
I'm telling you, just mash the cancel button. You don't have to read what that filthy creature has to say.

Marche
Feb 4, 2008, 12:47 PM
Where is this maiden?

I wanna know if I get lucky http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Alizarin
Feb 4, 2008, 12:54 PM
She's located in Neudaiz -> Sacred Stream -> Pavilion of Air: Top -> White Beast -> Ohtoku: Shitenkaku.

Go up the long staircase and to the right you'll see some signs and a Newman in Mikumiko garb.

Marche
Feb 4, 2008, 12:55 PM
On 2008-02-04 09:54, Alizarin wrote:
She's located in Neudaiz -> Sacred Stream -> Pavilion of Air: Top -> White Beast -> Ohtoku: Shitenkaku.

Go up the long staircase and to the right you'll see some signs and a Newman in Mikumiko garb.

cool, I already have access to shitenkaku.

but I havent explored it yet

Alizarin
Feb 4, 2008, 01:14 PM
If you got some spare A-ranks, test your luck at the Offertory box if you haven't done it yet.

Keiko_Seisha
Feb 4, 2008, 01:20 PM
On 2008-02-04 09:20, CeruleanWitch wrote:
I'm telling you, just mash the cancel button. You don't have to read what that filthy creature has to say.

It's not just a simple waiting to be able to get out thing. If it happens you're officially STUCK and you'll have to shut down the game as the only solution to get away.

Plus I tried it, I was still stuck.

RACast_Raiden
Feb 4, 2008, 07:05 PM
doesn't happen to me...not once.

Retniwreven
Feb 4, 2008, 07:15 PM
Perhaps it has some relation to the 'new phrases' that the fortune teller was supposed to get. Maybe one of them wasn't added properly and causes the game to stick while searching for it.

ravenraine
Feb 5, 2008, 09:04 AM
I'm on 360 and it's never happened to me although our lag time in other areas is outrageous@:(

Hrith
Feb 5, 2008, 01:00 PM
AFAIK, it only happens if you select the most expensive choice (10,000 mesetas).

It's annoying, yeah, have to crash PSU or unplug modem.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 5, 2008, 06:04 PM
She's ronery and wants to milk the big spenders out of more meseta, amirite?

Jainsea
Feb 5, 2008, 06:16 PM
On 2008-02-03 21:42, Helly wrote:
Yeah why does that take so long? Its annoying to get 0 luck on top of 0 luck yet again and have them rubbing it in your face by making the process take forever ;_;

erghh, yea -.- Im going report her for scamming :
but for real, zero luck on zero= slap in the face ._.
she dont hafta be so slow about it>.>

cel
Feb 6, 2008, 07:01 AM
On 2008-02-03 21:17, CeruleanWitch wrote:
Mash the cancel button before that filthy elf says anything other than ___ Holy. It works.

THANK YOU.

pardon the caps... i just had to place major emphasis on a viable fix for something that irked me as both typical of the game and really annoying.

it does indeed work. there is a god. no more sitting there, angrily staring at her disgusting face, as the letters slowly and basically spell out the process of the toolbox I am becoming.

edit: clarification on how to get it to work:

pretty much after you spend the dough for a fortune, and RIGHT after the menu goes away and you hear the tacky noise and see nothing but her awful face... hit the accept/proceed button once (i think) to get the part of the dialogue where she's about to hand you the RNG's judgment... splitsecond after that and as the dialogue bubble comes up with your fortune:

mash that cancel button

step by step:
1. go to fortune witch
2. pay the money
3. wait for dialogue bubble after staring at her dumb face
4. repeatedly press the cancel button the nanosecond you see the bubble.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cel on 2008-02-06 04:05 ]</font>

Micki_Monday
Feb 7, 2008, 08:03 AM
For some reason this only happens on my fem beast FF.. I have 4 chars I take to the fortune lady, and the other 3 never have a prob. But my fem beast locks up every single time..
Mashing the button doesnt seem to help cuz I already did that lol, and today I tried getting a cheaper fortune to see if that helped, but no go.

Resetting is really starting to kill my PS2 too.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Kylie
Feb 7, 2008, 11:51 AM
This has happened to me twice in a row. I've had to restart my PS3 twice after sitting there, mashing for a good five minutes. -_-; It's so lame 'cos I always manage to get mail...

Retniwreven
Feb 7, 2008, 12:39 PM
Oddly enough... this also only happens to me on my Female FF Beast. Methinks the maiden has a bit of a thing for her. I've tried the above cancel-button mashing, but to no effect. My CAST and Newman seem free to go if I try with them.

Kylie
Feb 7, 2008, 12:41 PM
On 2008-02-07 09:39, Retniwreven wrote:
Oddly enough... this also only happens to me on my Female FF Beast. Methinks the maiden has a bit of a thing for her. I've tried the above cancel-button mashing, but to no effect. My CAST and Newman seem free to go if I try with them.

Actually, I'm a female beast, too.

Gunslinger-08
Feb 7, 2008, 02:07 PM
On 2008-02-04 09:15, Alizarin wrote:
She must be incredibly lonely, and also very bitter because all the periods of super holy luck. Especially since when she was introduced, we were also given super holy luck, and people did nothing but complain when their luck changed by talking to her at the time.

... so she ends up taking revenge by speaking veeeeeeeery slooooowly, and then standing there staring for who knows how long before she lets you go. Sometimes, she gets so lonely she might even want you to stay ... forever.

At least she's easy on the eyes...

MayLee
Feb 7, 2008, 02:34 PM
On 2008-02-04 09:12, Retniwreven wrote:
Maybe she's trying to challenge us to a staring match.

You mean staring at her freakishly large breasts?

cel
Feb 7, 2008, 04:33 PM
On 2008-02-07 11:07, Gunslinger-08 wrote:

At least she's easy on the eyes...

yeah if you are blind...

she's freaking hideous.

also, I did this with a female beast and it worked fine. gimp female newman. also fine.

you have to mash the cancel button right after she says "Today your (pointless) fortune is..."

(blank screen with her royal fugliness)

(wait for it... waiiiiit for it....)

then as soon as you see the new speech bubble with Mega/Super/NoLuck4U holy... but BEFORE it types out more than 2-3 letters...repeatedly press the menu cancel button.

It works like a beauty on the PC version.

Kira_Yamato
Feb 8, 2008, 12:34 PM
Weird as it it,everytime that I take my prediction with my Protranser F-Cast I always get stuck with her.She really like me I guess but everytime that I take my Prediction with my Fortefighter and Fighgunner humans,everythings is okay.I wonder if the job or the race have something to do with it?

Micki_Monday
Feb 8, 2008, 03:33 PM
It still only happens to my fem beast FF.. every single time *cries* But I found disconnecting the ethernet from the ps2 is much easier than just hitting reset. Resetting my PS2 was really hurting the system for some reason..