PDA

View Full Version : Cati Saves?

ZodiacNKnight
Feb 4, 2008, 12:30 AM
I just read a post off the mainPSU forum about the drops for LV100 Rappy's and Jaggo's were changed...

Respectfully,
Rappy LV100+ drops Cati / Skill PP Save.
Jaggo LV100+ drops Cati / Bullet PP Save.

Is there any confirmation that this is true?

Chuck_Norris
Feb 4, 2008, 12:34 AM
Don't think so. That's probably offline drops.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 4, 2008, 12:42 AM
The offline Cati / Save drops are "special" drops, not tied to levels.

I saw a picture on the JP uploader of a player shop that had a Cati / Skill PP Save for sale, so... maybe! Might be JP onry for now though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatrixkiddo on 2008-02-03 21:43 ]</font>

NNEONateDogg
Feb 4, 2008, 12:54 AM
It would seem logical. As soon as it is available, I think I might have to get me one of those to replace my Giga / Skill PP Save.

LoneDespo
Feb 4, 2008, 01:16 AM
Hold on, v1 mobs have received a drop list change, so why wouldn't Rappies and Jaggos be included in that list?

I'm just guessing here, and I might be way off due to being misinformed/ignorant, but wasn't the v1->Illuminus droprate the last update JP got? If so, it seems logical to me that these units are available. Once again, this is just speculation on my part under the assumption that the update was the same.

Keiko_Seisha
Feb 4, 2008, 01:41 AM
I dunno, but if this is true I'll go run some Caves of Ice for Jaggos (I tend to run into them quite commonly there, and it's an easier place to solo than White Beast is, as a GT/Acrotecher atleast).

Edit:

http://www.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/src/psu12210.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Keiko_Seisha on 2008-02-03 22:44 ]</font>

ZodiacNKnight
Feb 4, 2008, 02:04 AM
Well if this is true now is the time to hunt because I'm pretty sure we're getting love rappies this Friday. Those won't be dropping skill saves at all.

Mag_Launcher
Feb 4, 2008, 02:14 AM
What we really wanna know is what Cati / ____ PP Save saves in comparison to giga. Perhaps these new save units give us possible insight on (again, possible) master class PP reduction? I mean, think about it, the PP save units we got now more or less equal the bonuses given to us via the forte classes, so I wonder if the two are connected somehow...

drizzle
Feb 4, 2008, 02:31 AM
I got Giga / Bullet PP Save from a 100+ jaggo last saturday in Awoken Serpent S (2 from a single spawn in fact... drop rate increased on these too it seems). But it's possible they drop both at that level.

Nai_Calus
Feb 4, 2008, 03:59 AM
Well, I'm on the JP servers, and this week I've gotten two Giga/Bullet PP Saves from Jaggos in Ice Caves and DRL on S2. It may only be old missions, or may just be even rarer than Cati/Skill, or might just not be out yet - There are four Cati/Skill PP Saves up right now, and no Cati/Bullet PP Saves.

...Maybe I should go hunt me some Rappies.

Weeaboolits
Feb 4, 2008, 04:31 AM
They still drop giga, saw one drop from a rappy earlier today while doing frag runs.

CelestialBlade
Feb 4, 2008, 09:38 AM
The update changed the drop rates, it said nothing about adding new items to the drop list.

Nai_Calus
Feb 4, 2008, 08:14 PM
Then they were either so rare nobody had ever found them before in over a year, or they were recently added. >_>; Cati/Skill at least exists now, if I had 25 mil to waste I could buy one.

Unfortunately based off the info in the database here they're barely worth it unless you're a FF who hardly needs it anyway. 30% reduction as opposed to 20%, with bullet PP increase of 250% as opposed to 200%? Fuck, Giga/Skill PP Save is barely worthwhile on Fighgunner as it is. Since I started using one I can actually drain my crossbows now and have to use charges for DRL. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Two extra PP ain't worth the ludicrous penalty to the other side of what I do.

Edit: Checked again tonight, and there are Cati/Bullet PP Saves up for sale now. So both are indeed out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ian-KunX on 2008-02-04 21:59 ]</font>