PDA

View Full Version : so yea I finally figured it out maybe

elainesangel9
Feb 4, 2008, 11:59 AM
PSO was awesome in the way that all the items looked so cool and all the unique chars, PSU is the same in the sense that your character is more unique by his or her style.

Tuxedose
Feb 4, 2008, 12:02 PM
Hmm well I can agree to that but I think Psu as A lot of awesome looking weaps and items as well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lighthero
Feb 4, 2008, 12:04 PM
It's just a much better Phantasy Star than PSO in other words, some kind of upgrade http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

elainesangel9
Feb 4, 2008, 12:05 PM
what did you expect? a USEFUL topic? this is 2008, there is no such thing!

Lighthero
Feb 4, 2008, 12:10 PM
Yes 2008...Trash topics are needed....Usuless...It would make more sense if you made this topic a year ago XD

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 4, 2008, 12:13 PM
On 2008-02-04 09:01, Sylpheed wrote:
And the most pointless thread of the day award goes to........Elainesangel9!

that was really unnecessary

anyways, I know a good number of people that play this game purely for the looks over other MMO's

I play it because it looked really cool when I first heard about it a few years back. Then I sorta got into it, made friends, and that's why I play now. But some people spend hours decorating rooms, and buying clothes to "look good." I've never cared about my room or decos, and rarely changed clothes unless a friend said something about them.

THE JACKEL

CeruleanWitch
Feb 4, 2008, 12:17 PM
Don't forget, PSU is a reskin of a reskin of a reskin.

Alizarin
Feb 4, 2008, 12:19 PM
I make sure to devote hours of time and money I could've spent hunting items or buying better equipment just so my shoes and gloves match the way I want it.

If I don't look nice out in the field then, like, what's the point of going out? Tsk-tsk, you all better be lucky there isn't a Gurhal Fashion Police, hm-hmm~

Lighthero
Feb 4, 2008, 12:19 PM
It's not about the looks...It's about what you have...THE AWESOMENESS of your charactersof not being GIMP. Anyways, I started this game cuz I was an addict to PSO.

elainesangel9
Feb 4, 2008, 02:46 PM
thats true i guess, i dont have it online, but from what Ive seen looks are verfy important in this game, the story is OK too, but...(trying not to make PSO comparison....

SonKevin
Feb 4, 2008, 02:53 PM
PSO>PSU. lol.

Kion
Feb 4, 2008, 03:24 PM
On 2008-02-04 11:53, SonKevin wrote:
PSO>PSU. lol.

Thread = killed.

I think the only difference between pso and psu is content. in pso everything was available which allowed peope to actually go out discover, split up, work with friends and get the most powerful weapons.

In psu everyone is pretty much forced to do the same mission for a month while waiting for updates which ruins the general feeling of exspansive rpgs of players splitting up to explore drops all over the place.

psu will get better and has gotten much better since release (shuddders). if ST actually openned up a decent amount of content i think these threads would disappear for the most part. but then again it's 2008...

Kanore
Feb 4, 2008, 03:27 PM
PSO had quicker leveling. At least, it felt quicker until you got to 190.

PSU is... an MMORPG. Leveling is slow. ST decided to take a note from what went wrong in PSO rather than what was good - rehashes like Barba Ray and Gol Dragon of Episode 2 rather than new, innovative fights like Olga Flow and Saint-Milion/Shambertin/Kondrieu.

The world map thing which they seemed to bring from Episode 3 is a nice touch, though.

What topic creator seemed to compare was which part of the game's appearance appealed the most. Weapon appearance through models, etc, vs. Character appearance through a lot of customization and Photon Arts. Thing is, the 'items' in PSU look just as they did in PSO. They're even bringing PSO weapons back!

But in the long run, there's still that SOMETHING missing from PSU that everyone saw in PSO. Whether it be the lobbies or the stages, the support, the community, the rehashes, or whatever everyone's been saying, reasons are different. But we all know there's one underlying reason why. Personally, I haven't seen it expressed yet. The graphics and movement style of PSU is incredible; I love how Techniques no longer require a single TP bar; but there's still something that doesn't make it what people saw in PSO and wanted to have in PSU.

Doh42
Feb 4, 2008, 03:30 PM
The thread title : "so yea I finally figured it out maybe"
made me think of this : Elainesangeic "Wielding this weapon allows the user to figure it out. Maybe."

JAFO22000
Feb 4, 2008, 03:34 PM
PSO was a lot better because there were more different weapons and you could look different with your weapon....but the clothing selecsion was not as good and PSU is better at helping you look better in your clothes and has more hair/face combinasions. It's a hard decision but PSU is better than PSO (barely!) because you can look a little more unique than anyone else (except ever one always wears the new clothes that are out and just released!)

elainesangel9
Feb 4, 2008, 03:35 PM
i didnt mean to start a PSO PSU war!!!! i just was kindad praising PSU for having style

Kion
Feb 4, 2008, 03:43 PM
any post with "PSO" starts a 'classic' versus 'now' arguement. It's an easily fogivable mistake seeing as you just made an account. Seriously though; wait three days and search "PSO" i garantee it will get ugly.

and yeah, PSU definately does have style. photon arts, clothes options more areas; aside from story mode there really are no complaints on my part. I mean even bad PA's (*cough* tornado dance) look cool.

SonKevin
Feb 4, 2008, 03:47 PM
I forgot who summed it up, but they are right. Everyone in PSU is forced to run the same missions over and over again waiting for new content. It wasn't like that in PSO. When I first played PSU online, it was like playing the Beta Online for another month. It was totally stupid.

JAFO22000
Feb 4, 2008, 03:50 PM
On 2008-02-04 12:35, elainesangel9 wrote:
i didnt mean to start a PSO PSU war!!!! i just was kindad praising PSU for having style

Yeah, anytime you mention "PSO" you get the people who are all "PSO iZ tEh EpIcZ BwAhAhaHAhaHA" people but you should ignore them and keep makeing topics about what you want them to be about. It's not your faoult that these people post in these threads like this. =<'.'>=

elainesangel9
Feb 5, 2008, 02:15 PM
well I do like PSO better, but come on!!! PSU is an amazing game, in fact they are so differneet i dont think its even right to compare the 2

Jakosifer
Feb 5, 2008, 05:46 PM
I'm wonderin' why this is in the rants section...>]

Jaspaller
Feb 5, 2008, 05:52 PM
lol? maybe the mods way of saving this thread from a flamewar?