PDA

View Full Version : PSU expansions

Marche
Feb 4, 2008, 12:52 PM
Okay, so AotI just came out, and many enjoyed the awesome good fun packed into that little game.

but, do you think they will make another expansion to the series? I hope so, maybe we can see what happens in episode 4?

what sort of things do yo think would be in this expansion? and when do you think it would come? I wouldn't expect it sooner than when sega finishes releasing the episode 3 missions. (but that might be a while)

When it comes to missions, I want to see some variety.

maybe a swamp or rainy plain? PSU really covered all the bases when it comes to default mission settings.

ZodiacNKnight
Feb 4, 2008, 01:06 PM
We still haven't even got ice contamination missions... And that's from PSUv1

Spacepest
Feb 4, 2008, 01:14 PM
I'd at least like to see a revamp of the old PSO ep2 levels put into PSU somewhere, like the forest missions we're getting...I'd love to explore Gal Da Val Island and the underwater Seabed Labs again, even if it is a VR simulation in PSU.

And I'm also hoping for more expansions just to continue the storylines, plus more items and mission levels.

dragoon-girl
Feb 4, 2008, 01:22 PM
I'm sure they said Episode 3 was the last in the story.
But perhaps they can start a whole new one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

vfloresjr24
Feb 4, 2008, 02:14 PM
I hope Episode 3 is not the Last and continue with a Episode 4. I really do like the story that this has and want it to continue for a long time( just wishful thinking).

HFlowen
Feb 4, 2008, 02:14 PM
I'm waiting on another Card revolution.

RedMussel
Feb 4, 2008, 02:16 PM
I wanna mission where Lou bots are all over and you must destroy them.

vfloresjr24
Feb 4, 2008, 02:20 PM
lol Rampaging Lou Bots. That some how would be fun and sad at the same time. I really don't want to kill Lou's.

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 4, 2008, 02:24 PM
I'm calling it right now.

Photon Maces (1-handed +Twins)
Flamethrowers (Damfoie in a gun!)
Rocket Launchers (The unholy fusion of grenade launcher and a rifle XD)
Twin Machineguns (NO GLITCHING!)
Ability to switch 1-handed weapons to either hand (would make RCSM's useful to a gunner)

I can't think of anymore right now.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

RedMussel
Feb 4, 2008, 02:24 PM
On 2008-02-04 11:20, vfloresjr24 wrote:
lol Rampaging Lou Bots. That some how would be fun and sad at the same time. I really don't want to kill Lou's.

They all went insane on the online story mission, I think they said 1 Lou bot took out like 50 Guardians lol,

Pengfishh
Feb 4, 2008, 02:38 PM
As much as they milked PSO, I can't imagine we're done with AoI. Surely some other race hating organization has some sort of ambitions. Seems that PSU is something of a failure in comparison to PSO in regards to population and loyalty, admittedly.

It's nice to think we'll get something awesome in a next installment. Optimized PS2 version, revamped battle system (PA mixing!), Bullet Arts with animations versus elements, further Teching options (double/triple cast, simultaneous cast, etc.)... Dreams...

Yoshi_Ayarane
Feb 4, 2008, 02:41 PM
On 2008-02-04 11:24, Fox_Makenshi wrote:
Rocket Launchers (The unholy fusion of grenade launcher and a rifle XD)

Oh lawd iz dat sum STINGER MISSILE LAUNCHER? Gib nao :O

I can't help it, I'm a freaking Metal Gear junkie... I love my Stinger :( And that would fall under "very freaking DO WANT."

amtalx
Feb 4, 2008, 03:00 PM
On 2008-02-04 09:52, Marche wrote:
rainy plain?

Adding weather effects to this game would make my 360 blow up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif The game engine can barely render player models without choking. However, low visibility due to environmental effects would be very cool.

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 4, 2008, 03:00 PM
How about a gatling gun? How bad-ass would you look walking around with a huge gatling gun? You'd have to be stationary to fire it but you could swing it in an arc kinda like Dam spells I'd go for this even if they took out single machine guns though I don't know why they'd have to.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fox_Makenshi on 2008-02-04 12:02 ]</font>

Marche
Feb 4, 2008, 03:23 PM
On 2008-02-04 12:00, Fox_Makenshi wrote:
How about a gatling gun? How bad-ass would you look walking around with a huge gatling gun? You'd have to be stationary to fire it but you could swing it in an arc kinda like Dam spells I'd go for this even if they took out single machine guns though I don't know why they'd have to.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fox_Makenshi on 2008-02-04 12:02 ]</font>

if they made that, I would have to make a "heavy weapons guy"

like from team fortress 2

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 4, 2008, 06:36 PM
I just realized I'm so RA biased XD

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Sinue_v2
Feb 4, 2008, 07:11 PM
Sonic Team has stated that AoI is going to be the end of the current storyline. So I see two outcomes...

Path 1: Less likely, Sonic Team will branch away from the current Illuminus storyline and introduce a new story with new characters. This will bring several new expansions in the future. However, I don't see it being the case since PSU is pretty much flopping outside of Japan and isn't preforming the way they had hoped.

Path 2: Most likely, Sonic Team releases one more expansion which is pure content only. No new storyline. Instead, the current online Ep III will adapted for offline mode. Most new areas, weapons, PMs, etc, will be available offline.

This will keep with Sonic Team's "5-year plan".

Year 1: PSU
Year 2: AoI
Year 3 1/2: Content Expansion
Year 5: Servers shutdown.

cApNhOwDy
Feb 4, 2008, 07:18 PM
Path 2: Most likely, Sonic Team releases one more expansion which is pure content only. No new storyline. Instead, the current online Ep III will adapted for offline mode. Most new areas, weapons, PMs, etc, will be available offline.

That's my guess as well. I can imagine that we'll get S3 missions as well.

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 4, 2008, 08:01 PM
OR they could release another new online PS game. Also what if PSP does well enough? This is reminding me a bit of MH. It didn't do well in the US so Capcom ignored the US until it got really popular. If PSU gets more popular in the US (unfortunately low chances) then we'll see a lot more content most likely.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

MSAksion
Feb 4, 2008, 08:07 PM
5 year plan T_T

PSO lasted from what people tell me 1999 Dreamcast to today when they are shutting down blue burst this march 2008 - that is 9 years.

But what i see from friends - they cap their character lvls, they hit lvl 40 everything, find all the rares and quit. then come back at the next update. Thats why i'm never in a hurry because when i cap i will be bored and quit PSU =/

Honestly - the only thing sega needs is - NEW. When people get bored make something new. Like;

3) More Types of GUNS
-Gatling gun sounds fun
-Dual Mech guns - hehe More GT love =3
-flamethrower style - Take Photon Eraser make it a BOLT thrower.
-ADD PA Attacks
===Dual pistol Devil May Cry Dual Target or Aerial Rain Storm
===Rifles Kneeling down for faster fire rate
===Laser Cannon Charge Blasts

2) More Types of Melee Swords
-consider adding a 4th combo
-Add more flashy types of weaponry
===Chinese Wushu style Exotic weapons like Rope Darts or 3 Section Staffs.

1) More Types of TECH spells.
-a new element or 2 such as Wind
-Add more spells to the original 6 elements
===NosFOIE, NosBARTA, DamuZONDE.
-Consider a TECH Charge system of longer button hold stronger the attack.
===Overcharge a Foie into a flame Bird foie.
===Overcharge a Barta into an Icicle Missile.

Addark
Feb 4, 2008, 08:32 PM
Three-section staffs would be fucking great.

DAMASCUS
Feb 4, 2008, 10:17 PM
What I am hoping for in the last expansion is random story missions that aren't connected but are self contained like in PSO. There wouldn't be a main story line but some of the regular characters would make cameos in some of them. That way all of the planets could get some use out of their GBs and have a couple story missions a month say..

Lykos
Feb 4, 2008, 10:48 PM
Best possible scenario for me: they drop PSU, make a totally new PS MMO on the 360, PS3, and PC that uses the full potential of each system. Turns out to be extremely good and everybody plays it.

What's probably going to happen: they either drop it at the end of EP3 or try to half-ass another episode just to keep PSU on life support.

Either way, I'm probably going to play.

Sinue_v2
Feb 4, 2008, 11:00 PM
they drop PSU, make a totally new PS MMO on the 360, PS3, and PC

Only if they drop Sonic Team. I really don't have faith in their abilities. If they want to keep ST's name on it, they could ship the game out to a different developer much like what they're doing with PSP and the Sonic RPG. Put Yuji Naka, Rieko Kodama, and Tohru Yoshida on the project.

Put Takao Miyoshi in charge of creating the DS gaiden spinoff or some similarly low profile project.