PDA

View Full Version : Acrofighter/Armor Unit

cofkiller
Feb 4, 2008, 04:55 PM
So do we want something with alot of eva or def?

Dragwind
Feb 4, 2008, 04:58 PM
Def

beatrixkiddo
Feb 4, 2008, 04:59 PM
Eva

NeoTeppin
Feb 4, 2008, 05:05 PM
Depends, some people will say u have enough hp to take the dmg and tell u to go for def, but others will tell u to improve upon ur insane eva and go for counters. Personally i just use the stormline cuz it has all slots http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 4, 2008, 05:08 PM
I'm using a Rabol Lebfa and trying to stack up on EVP since I kind of love JC.

Xaeris
Feb 4, 2008, 05:11 PM
Where line shields are concerned, it doesn't really matter; the DFP and EVP differences between Tenora and Yohmei are insignificant in the big picture. You could probably pick based on which resins are cheaper. But, all things being equal, I'd say DFP since it gets a bit extra effect from the element % where EVP does not. I just hate Yohmei's green hexes.

As far as units go, neither; use Resists for great justice.

Pillan
Feb 4, 2008, 05:29 PM
Well, it’s like comparing ATP to ATA. With EVP, you always get diminishing returns while DFP blocks a set amount of damage regardless (the effect of additional EVP diminishes very fast with enemy level as a consequence of the relationship). In different situations, one weighs out the other (for example, EVP is better against high ATP, low ATA attacks, such as the Polovohra stomp and DFP is better against all medium and small mobs).

A high element, high DFP armor has a significantly larger effect on your survivability than a high EVP one, regardless of class.

Personally, I’d suggest going for a specific slot setup or element rather than the marginal DFP/EVP/MST difference.

mvffin
Feb 4, 2008, 05:39 PM
here's my setup.

Stormline (wish I had a set of Serafi-Senba)
Sori Tech Charge (until something better is released)
Solid Knight (until I can get a cati power)
Stun Resist/Sleep Resist/Freeze Resist/Tero Guard
Tero PP Generate

Miakyo
Feb 4, 2008, 05:41 PM
My armor setup for AF usually falls onto a high element resist Storm Line with an Orpad / Legs unit. Perfect for boss fights and larger foes.

However, with the varying monster fights, battle changes and so forth; You'll be most likely better off getting setups for each individual situation.

For example; For Megid/Dark element based foes I'll usually have my Dark element Shinowa Line on with a Giga / Stamina.

And for all the other elements; Slap on a / resist and a corresponding element armor.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 4, 2008, 05:42 PM
Typically I just use whatever I have the highest % for the mission. However, if I'm feeling lazy and it's a mission where the one Storm Line I have is good (or at least neutral), I'll just use Storm Line + Orpad / Legs and enjoy JCing.

PALRAPPYS
Feb 4, 2008, 05:42 PM
Basically I don't give a crap.

Storm Line FTW due to slots. You have enough DFP and EVP, why bother with having to have more.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 4, 2008, 05:46 PM
All I have is a Light elemental Rabol Lebfa. ._. No good for HIVE missions, although I did use it and was still able to survive.

Sharon
Feb 4, 2008, 05:55 PM
Sori Tech Charge?

I just started leveling my character as a Acrofighter so I'm still not sure of most things about Acrofighter, sorry if this is dumb or anything, but maybe there is an explanation to that?

Miakyo
Feb 4, 2008, 05:57 PM
On 2008-02-04 14:55, Sharon wrote:
Sori Tech Charge?

I just started leveling my character as a Acrofighter so I'm still not sure of most things about Acrofighter, sorry if this is dumb or anything, but maybe there is an explanation to that?

A Sori Tech Charge (head unit) basically boosts the attack power of your Shadoogs. Makes their pew-pew stronger.

JarinKail
Feb 4, 2008, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I had to explain that to a friend before too. He thought RSCMs were based on your ATP.

Sharon
Feb 4, 2008, 05:58 PM
Oh dear me - that was quick! Thank you so much ^_^. I guess I'll try to get one then!

Shishi-O
Feb 5, 2008, 02:14 AM
my Af is currently using a castest line w/ solid power s, tero guard, and a hard stamina.

but i might have to go back to storm line, ( instead of sta / mind, i will use a sori / tech charge- 280 tech points, to power my ebrozites), solid power s, tero guard, and hard stamina.

Lineek
Feb 5, 2008, 07:16 AM
my acrofighter uses storm line with solid/knight orpad guard and sori/tech charge

killer_beast
Feb 5, 2008, 12:37 PM
My acro fight armor is
Rabol rappy
Cati force
Hard power charge
all the resists depending on the monsters
Hard hp restore