PDA

View Full Version : how do you trick out ur Af/At?

Shishi-O
Feb 5, 2008, 02:26 AM
do you acro?

what is your play style / philosophy / wepz set up, and reasonz for ur playstyle with the At/Af class

Chuck_Norris
Feb 5, 2008, 02:33 AM
I play Acrotecher. Mainly use magic. Used to have 2 whips, a sword, each with madoog, wand+madoog, twin handguns, and another Wand+Madoog for buffs. But i realized that a newman ain't so good with melee, so i replaced those melee weapons with wands. I also just found out today that AcroTECHER gets a melee speed boost too. Hadn't tried the same PA's till just today.

mvffin
Feb 5, 2008, 02:55 AM
with my AF, I use
Shura and Sanzu-Hikens (obviously)
Deva-Zashi/Blumier (I have all 3 PA up to at least 23)
Neiclaw (bukuu owns you)
Ryo-Bisotore (twin mayalee)
and a buncha RCSM. B rank(virus) A rank (dps) and S rank (stun large groups)

after playing with the speed boost, its hard to go back to being WT. I love speedy Hikai with JA and a Shag.

with my AT
Shato,Coni ,Dori ,Uransara ,Magical Wand ,Serdote (well, i AM a newman)
Rogaduke(virus baby)
Crimson (dropkickz)
Vish Adan (virus again)
Card Regas (seeking, multihit, SE, etc.)
Pegic/Cometarac (buffers)

again, with the speed boost, I can't play FT anymore. I also like having superior buffs, and being the primary buffer/healer. Tech damage is good, melee damage is good, bullet damage seems a little lacking. this is the most balanced class.

batokage
Feb 5, 2008, 03:22 AM
AF-
1.Frauduke + Crimsic: What can i say? I luve me some gravity strike. It wuz the first PA i fell in luv wit when PSU launched. Frauduke gives me some nice nice stun effects too
2.Card Regina + Ice Blumier: I luv the feeling of throwing out like 6 cards into the air, then rushing in with buten
3.Ebrozike + Neiclaw: Burn things wit my ebro! And mvffin is right, bukuu does own.
4.B'duki Biso + Electric Shura-hiken: yeah i have a sanzu-hiken but i think shura looks soo much more BA. anyway, i think the slicer and tenora handgun visually work together (when used by female chars anyway) because the normal combo LOOKS like the gun is used to attack too, tho i know it isn't...
5.Earth Lumiess Blau: because GRM daggers are the coolest looking daggers in the world
6.Dark Ran-Misaki: come on now. claws were in my top 3 fav weps when psu started.

I really like the speed boost. It makes me feel untouchable despite getting killed by stronger monsters like koggs

AT-
Dori, Doric, Pegita, Pegic, Pitoc: I don't buff one bit ppl. I'm a debuffer. everyone else loves to buff, so i go the opposite way and help my party out by softening up the enemies' stats
Electric Vish: shock is very nice
Vish Adan: virus is an awesome SE
Earth Vish Adac: because causing stun without spending pp is one of the greatest feelings ever (u control it unlike with shadoogs)
Serdote x2: lightning and earth magic

My main focus is causing SE's to enemies. debuffs, stun, virus, shock, and confusion are my main talents. Though i limit myself to attack techs in only lightning earth and dark elements, i use them very often, especially Ra- and Dam- type techs. I love whips too, which is why i use 3 of them. I think vish adac is very very ueful in that it causes stun.

Kanore
Feb 5, 2008, 06:38 AM
AT.
Lidra + Pegita: Giresta/Reverser; Ra[x]/Foie where x is any RA-tech where applicable. Usually Ramegid.
Crimson + Dori: Rising Strike; Ra[x]/Zalure where x is usually either Razonde or Rabarta.
Majimra + Pegita: Diga or Megid/Ra[x]; Giresta/Reverser. Sometimes I switch the Pegita up with Viper.
Vish Adac + Pegita/Viper: Visshi Gruda; the above Pegita usually goes here but I'm in the process of phasing this Vish Adac out because I'm starting to dislike whips. Viper has Frozen Hit on it.
Shiratsuno-zashi or Blumier + Pegita: Light/Dark with either Shinbu Shuren-zan or Hikai Shuha-zan; Jellen and Zalure.
Lidra + Pegita: Shifta, Deband; Retier, Zodial.

My offensive support comes through offensive techs or my melee where ever applicable. If the enemies are going down fast enough, I won't Zalure as much.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 5, 2008, 07:24 AM
The only Acro I play is the Fighter one, since Acrotecher wasn't really my style. Here's how I got him:
Ryo-surdoh x 2, both with Cross Hurricane
Lightning Shadoog + Deva-zashi = Shock + Silence = ftw. I either have Hikai or Buten, depending on the mission and the types of monsters that spawn and how they spawn.
Ground Ebrozike + Blackheart with either Gravity Strike or Spinning Strike
Viper with Maylee Hit + Daiga-misaki with Bukuu Saien-zan.
Ageha-kikami + Sanzu-hiken with Choutou Kantsu-jin. I was about to hate slicers because of Chicken Kyoren-jin, but this PA is pretty awesome. Still though, Sabers and Daggers are still my AF's main source of damage.

For armor:
Rabol Lebfa with Sori / TECH Charge, Solid / Power S, and Tero / Legs.

I'm a pretty aggressive Acrofighter, going to the front lines with my saber or dagger and just ripping monsters apart. If surrounded, I have my Daiga with Bukuu or Sanzu with Choutou since they're great AoE skills. Since Sabers and Daggers are my primary weapons, I have Shadoogs with them to put some SEs. I have thunder shadoog with Deva because it compliments the Deva's silence ability pretty well. I'm not much into Slicer spamming, and now, I'm pretty much sticking to Choutou Kantsu-jin due to its nice AoE when monsters surround me, or I can use Bukuu Saien-zan. I also like to JC when I evade something, which is pretty common for me to do with AF's high EVP and their attack speed.

Pengfishh
Feb 5, 2008, 08:57 AM
Saber (Spinning or Gravity) plus Card Regas
Dagger (Buten usually, Hikai sometimes just to level it) plus Card Regas
*Second Dagger set sometimes here*
Claw (Bukuu usually, Senten sometimes just to level it) plus Card Regina
Slicer (if not second dagger, with Chikki for soloing) plus Card Regina
Twin Daggers (MOOOOOOUBUUUUU!!!)
Arb Biso (Twin Mayalee or Shock for Dimma)

I usually go at the small groups with the dagger and Buten, larger groups of smaller enemies get Tornado Claw'd with Bukuu, lonesome suckers get wrecked by Spinning Strike, all the while everything eats a few card missiles to soften them up and/or apply status. Acrofighter is amazing.

Sayko
Feb 5, 2008, 09:00 AM
AT
Saber+mag
Dagger+cards
Whip+mag
Whip+cards
wand+mag
wand+mag (buffs)

I mainly melee and since Im a beast, cards can do 900-1500 damage depending on crits per swing. I think thats good for a range wep. I only use my wand if we are fighting a big enemy to put a status effect (fire) on him.

Eyce_Theon
Feb 5, 2008, 11:17 AM
AF - because fast is fun.
Arb Biso+9, later to be Twin Ruby Bullet (Twin Penetration)
Ice Ebrozike/Daiga-Misaki (Senten or Bukuu)
Earth Ebrozike/appropriate Slicer for the area (with only the second PA, Chikki is cheap as hell)
Mira-Kikami/appropriate Dagger for the area (nothing but Buten)
Viper/Crimson (Spinning Strike)
appropriate Two-handed weapon for the area (usually Vahra Claws+10)

AT - purely for tech training my spells for FT
Vipric/Vish Adac
Dori/Random healing wand x4
Doric/Cometarac for buffs

CelestialBlade
Feb 5, 2008, 02:51 PM
My Beast Acrofighter of awesome:

Arza Bogoda , Renzan Seiden-ga
- These are my power weapons. Renzan has a freaking ridiculous ATP mod and is very fast. Tenora twin claws have tons of power and make the lack of S-rank Twin Claws meaningless.
Shura/Sanzu-hiken + Earth Ebrozike, Chikki Kyoren-jin
- Shouldn't have to explain much here, this is my piercing and robot-killing weapon. Makes rooms die. Fast. Adding Stun to the equation makes a seriously lethal combo.
Daiga-misaki/Neiclaw + Varista, Bukuu Saien-zan + Mayalee Hit
- Bukuu is ownage indeed, especially paired with the Freeze properties of my 50% Daiga and the healing capability of the Neiclaw (properly grinded). Mayalee Hit offers some extra HP regen ability, making this palette slot a practical Resta.
Blackheart (soon)/Crimson + Card Regas, Spinning Strike/Gravity Strike + elemental Cards
- This slot backs up some of my other ones. I can use Spinning Strike as a backup to my Twin Claws for heavy-hitting to a single target, or use Gravity Strike to back up my mob-killing attacks. Cards are extremely useful for ranged damage once you level them a bit, and they level fast.
Deva-zashi (soon)/Dark Straal + Lightning Ebrozike, Buten Shuren-zan
- I don't care what anyone says about Buten's DPS, it is a strong PA that easily connects on all targets around you. You can jump right into the middle of a vicious Go Vahra mob and not take a single hit because this PA is quick and staggers enemies perfectly.
Arb Biso, elemental Bullets
- Gotta have a long-ranged supplement.

Neith
Feb 5, 2008, 03:08 PM
Newman Female Acrofighter. Just listing the best equips I have. Generally, I switch between a lot of A-Ranks, and use the S-Ranks when the correct mission comes up.

Slot 1a) Galdike (Fire Element). This is great for steady damage, as it shoots in bursts of 3, and the Burn SE level is enough to affect even large monsters.

Slot 1b) Crimson. I use Spinning Strike a lot as an aF- the attack speed increase greatly improves it. That, and as a Newman, I can do no wrong with using a PA with a high ATP modifier.

Slot 2a) It's currently a Varista, but I'm considering replacing it with a second Galdike or Ebrozike.

Slot 2b) Deva-zashi. This is one of the few weapons I don't switch out very often. Reason being is that, because Acrofighter doesn't get access to Silence Traps (of any variety), the built-in Silence SE on Deva is very, very useful. Great for shutting up Gaozorans/Olgohmons etc. I use Buten Shuren-zan exclusively.

Slot 3a) Card Regina. Card bullets do pretty nice damage, and are a decent source of mobile ranged damage.

Slot 3b) Daiga-Misaki or Neiclaw. Daiga is not only a strong weapon, but the Freeze SE is strong enough to freeze larger monsters (like Drua Gohras). Couple this with an AoE PA like Bukuu Saien-zan, and it becomes a very effective combo. The Neiclaw I use whenever Ice monsters show up, but also because of its HP regen effect. Using it with a high level Shousen Totsuzan-ga can replenish my HP entrely very quickly, saving me mates.

Slot 4a) Ebrozike (Dark element). Not many people use Dark Ebrozikes, but they work wonders. Although the confuse effect doesn't affect large monsters, it causes chaos in large groups of smaller ones (read: Kakwane, Olgohmon, Go Vahra). Having monsters beat each other up while you're helping out is a great luxury to have.

Slot 4b) Sanzu-hiken. Like 99% of every other Slicer user in PSU, I use Chikki Kyoren-jin. The damage, range and area covered are very large, and I use it mainly for softening up/picking off a few monsters before meleeing the rest up close.

Slot 5) Ryo-Surdoh/Heavy Twins. Cross Hurricane is an excellent Photon Art, great for many situations. Generally,I find Heavy Twins burn out of PP a little fast with it (25PP a use), so I started using Yohmeis, which has eased up the problem a little. Very damaging PA, but for one-on-one fighting, I use Spinning Strike. This PA comes into play when I have a small group of enemies (usually after cutting some down with Chikki)

Slot 6) Ryo-Bisotore. Yohmei Twin Handguns have absurd amounts of PP, and the damage is still great. These are the main reason I'm likely dropping Handgun altogether.

Occasionally, I will replace either the Twin Handguns (if there's no melee resistant monsters in the mission) or the Twin Sabers for Twin Daggers with either Moubu Seiren-zan or Renga Chujin-shou.

Anduril
Feb 5, 2008, 03:13 PM
It it's very basic form, here is my Newman AF's pallete since I frequently swap out elements and change guns relative to PP and ATP depending on what mission I plan on running.

Saber + Card
Saber + A rank RCSM
Slicer + A rank RCSM
Slicer + A rank RCSM
Twin Saber
Twin Hangun

I know some people will call me a fool for using RCSM's with my Slicers, but they do more damage than my Normal Slicer attack most of the time and can get things that aren't in my Chikki's line of fire.

Vickie
Feb 5, 2008, 03:25 PM
AcroFighter
Armor- Shinowa Line Best eva +3 End, giga / skill pp save(wakens Latent Abilities) Sori/ Tech Charge (adds to Galdike damage) Hard / Stamina (adds 6 to end for all status effect resistance) better than one Null.

Weapons-
50% all element Galdikes, 3 Zanshu Misakis for each claw PA adds Virus effect Works better with Giga skill save. i use my galdikes for opposite elemental damage and the zanshus to infect everything.

and thats really all that i need
i also have a 9/9 neutral sanzu hiken which i use on anything that swarms at me

Also i'll sometimes mix a lightning Rcsm with a daiga misaki, which is useful on robots, since shock and freeze can be applied at the same time which means they almost never get a chance to attack me, You can also mix an ice rcsm with a zanshu misaki and apply freeze/virus at the same time which is also really good.

-Note cards are also good but i like rcms better since you dont have to switch between weapons and you can fully recharge your strike weapon. and good % Rcms with the right gear can do much better damage than cards

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vickie on 2008-02-05 12:40 ]</font>

Randomness
Feb 5, 2008, 04:27 PM
AT:
Whip/Shato for crowd control while teching
Dagger/Galdike for melee damage
Twin Handguns for mandatory ranged weapon
Wand/Madoog the rest of the way down.