PDA

View Full Version : Rich Noobs

Vickie
Feb 5, 2008, 09:02 AM
Lately I have been seeing alot of noobs, 3006 + id #s with shitty pa's but with a full pallete of 11* super rare shit and im wondering whats the deal with that.

danny_o
Feb 5, 2008, 09:06 AM
Yeah, beats me! I guess this winter event allowed some people that haven't gotten a grasp of the game to sky rocket up in level and money. I was running with this fella that had 2mil~ meseta, but B~A rifles...and no bullets... I mean none!

He had a Dagger PA, cuz he "found it." But said he didn't want to have elemental bullets for his rifles, his mechguns, and his twin handguns because "they make me do less damage." Level 60-ish, with one single PA...

I hate to noob bash...but srlsy!!

darkante
Feb 5, 2008, 09:10 AM
Whatīs the point of using guns if you donīt have any element bullets+

Seriously..what a couple of dumbheads.

Vickie
Feb 5, 2008, 09:17 AM
naw but i have been seeing them with gear like for example: this one dude i saw today had 3 gur asteds a shigga baret and a needle cannon and a m gun for glitch of course, Don't get me wrong though im not complaining because i got all the stuff i want but theres ppl out there who search hard for shit and never get anything who have been playing for a long time and im sure theyre a lil frustrated. i am just wondering how they do it i doubt its the s+10 glitch because the payout on that im sure isnt all that great(but i dont use it so i could be wrong).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vickie on 2008-02-05 06:23 ]</font>

Vickie
Feb 5, 2008, 09:25 AM
but if thats the case then, All the vets who have the good gear sell it all to the noobs and wait till we get that boss box increase it'll balance everything out might as well make some dough off of em the 10*'s will keep yall in the mix till that happens.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vickie on 2008-02-05 06:28 ]</font>

amtalx
Feb 5, 2008, 09:29 AM
On 2008-02-05 06:06, danny_o wrote:

He had a Dagger PA, cuz he "found it." But said he didn't want to have elemental bullets for his rifles, his mechguns, and his twin handguns because "they make me do less damage." Level 60-ish, with one single PA...

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif

Chaos320
Feb 5, 2008, 09:33 AM
Well depending on what system your on, i do beleive that the 360's IDs are at mid to high 70s.

Also all you would have to do is run the winter event like a Bi**h and gain 1 nice selling item like i did (solid /power S i think +145 attack) Turned around and sold that puppy for 6.5 mill and bought my amazing faces aura http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

so maybe they just nerded themselfs up for a couple weeks and ran the event

Vickie
Feb 5, 2008, 09:38 AM
On 2008-02-05 06:33, Chaos320 wrote:
Well depending on what system your on, i do beleive that the 360's IDs are at mid to high 70s.

Also all you would have to do is run the winter event like a Bi**h and gain 1 nice selling item like i did (solid /power S i think +145 attack) Turned around and sold that puppy for 6.5 mill and bought my amazing faces aura http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

That might be exactly what it is because i could say that i've made around 200mil off this event selling kan yus and the rest of the crap that drops off the event, but then again i solo that mission easily and they dont even know how to play and if they did run theyd be in parties which would decrease theyre chances

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vickie on 2008-02-05 06:40 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vickie on 2008-02-05 06:45 ]</font>

Chaos320
Feb 5, 2008, 09:43 AM
On 2008-02-05 06:38, Vickie wrote:

On 2008-02-05 06:33, Chaos320 wrote:

That might be exactly what it is because i could say that i've made around 200mil off this event selling kan yus and shit like that, but then again i solo that mission easily and they dont even know how to play and if they did run theyd be in parties which would decrease theyre chances

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vickie on 2008-02-05 06:40 ]</font>

very ture, but then again i still feel like a noob now even know my card is 1865 (maybe) heh. If there is one lesson ive leared it is this: dont ever put a MMO down or you will be lost forever X(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaos320 on 2008-02-05 06:43 ]</font>

Vickie
Feb 5, 2008, 09:48 AM
shit then again you dont need to know how to play to use the mgun glitch lol. They really need to hurry up and fix that, then again if you think about it from a business perspective ST might be leaving the glitches on purpose seeing as the easier it is for noobs to catch up, the longer they'll stay playing and then at the end they'll release a shitload of rares,items,missions etc. ASAP to keep the vets playing and give the noobs a chance to play along with them, it is a really good tactic.

-this may be me just over analyzing the situation, i just have a habit of "Looking through the stained glass window" if you know what i mean.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vickie on 2008-02-05 07:11 ]</font>

Andy1423
Feb 5, 2008, 10:21 AM
True dat, I stop playing for 2 weeks and now I'm broke as a joke http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif . I've been playing since the game came out; my friend just started playing the game a month before the event, and he has already caught up in lvl with my 2 main characters(props hommie). And during that time the only rare I've gotten of any value was a [b] svaultus sword. (other things did drop, just didn't get them)

I'm usually not one to complian, but I guess I'm just a little jaded since I have over +1000 hours of game time and nothing to show for it but some lvled PA's. Oh well, I'll just have to hope and pray for that SPREED NEEDLE-----yah! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-02-05 07:26 ]</font>

Sekani
Feb 5, 2008, 11:30 AM
Unlike in the average online RPG where the best items are only obtained by top-tier players, in this one it's all random luck. As a result it seems that all the best stuff goes to the biggest noobs. And yes, it's been a source of irritation for most veterans since the first S-ranks were released so many months ago.

Vickie
Feb 5, 2008, 12:23 PM
yet another good topic moved, at least let people talk about it before you mods move things besides i see plenty of other worthless topics still in the general category you can delete this topic now i wont get anymore good answers in here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vickie on 2008-02-05 09:24 ]</font>

Masou
Feb 5, 2008, 01:12 PM
i only got to play this last event for 1 week, but during 1up i found hirokteri and i turned around and sold it for 35 million.
then i sold my gao rod material for 8 million.
and i sold the first Raikasobra in PSU (50% ice) for another 35 million.
Plus im not fond of buying my weapons, i prefer to hunt and synth. So i dont spend money very fast.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 6, 2008, 04:24 PM
On 2008-02-05 08:30, Sekani wrote:
Unlike in the average online RPG where the best items are only obtained by top-tier players, in this one it's all random luck. As a result it seems that all the best stuff goes to the biggest noobs. And yes, it's been a source of irritation for most veterans since the first S-ranks were released so many months ago.

Quoted for truth.

It's kind of irritating that things like finding rares, and getting them to high %s is all based on pure dumb luck. Hell, a noob has just as much chances of getting a 10/10 50% of all 11* weapons of all elements while some veteran level 120/15 guy with all PAs at level 40 who's been busting his butt off.

unicorn
Feb 6, 2008, 10:21 PM
I've seen players with muuuch better stuff than me. But their PAs suck.

Waste.

Sord
Feb 7, 2008, 01:15 AM
As someone said, the reason most noobs probaby get so much, is because they play an event, score big time on something, then turn around and sell it for shitloads of meseta. Also, as someone else pointed out, this RPG is more or less luck, being a top-tier player doesn't mean much. That said, while I've certainly never done a head count (nor want to,) my guess would be there are far more noobs than vets (especially with a major event just passing.) Which means there's a greater chance of noobs getting rares, more pure noob parties than pure vet parties (which makes sure any rare has a 100% chance to go to noobs.)

Also, with this last event, leveling up was such a breeze that you could hit S class level in no time (I actually helped some friends do so with their alts.) And, another attribute of events, you get lots and lots of random people. You might play with a guy a few times, and then never meet them again. During that short period, they might not give any indication they're a noob. After playing the same missions repeatedly, you're gonna know what to do, and you do it, and there is nothing to currently show you are a noob. So, there is also a good chance that vets (who aren't strictly "run with friends only") are going to wind up playing with noobs, not know it, and help get them the weapons. This would also break up pure vet parties more, yet if I am right that the noob population is far higher, they probably have plenty of noobs to spare and still form pure noob parties.

So all in all, more noobs everywhere = more noobs getting stuff = more rich noobs than rich vets

of course, this is all speculation, as I have no idea what the actual ratio is, but it seems fairly plausable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2008-02-06 22:17 ]</font>

Nitro Vordex
Feb 8, 2008, 05:17 PM
All right, this is really starting to piss me off. There are two different "noobs" people. Start learning the frickin' differences!

Newbie is a slang term for a newcomer to online gaming or an Internet activity. It can also be used for any other activity in whose context a somewhat clueless newcomer could exist. It can have derogatory connotations, but is also often used for descriptive purposes only, without a value judgment. The word "Noob" is commonly confused with the word "newbie". A noob is a person (no matter how experienced) that acts like an idiot, while a Newbie is a new player.
Quoted for fucking truth.

Randomness
Feb 8, 2008, 06:25 PM
On 2008-02-06 13:24, Shiroryuu wrote:

On 2008-02-05 08:30, Sekani wrote:

Quoted for truth.

It's kind of irritating that things like finding rares, and getting them to high %s is all based on pure dumb luck. Hell, a noob has just as much chances of getting a 10/10 50% of all 11* weapons of all elements while some veteran level 120/15 guy with all PAs at level 40 who's been busting his butt off.

I think what we need are more rare huntable things like EX photons or EX grinders or something with superior odds.

EDIT:And of course, these items would drop in areas with monsters somethink like 40 levels past the cap, so the noobs would be weeded out quickly. I would not, however, advocate making these areas otherwise superior so as to try to reduce elitism.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-02-08 15:27 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 8, 2008, 08:15 PM
On 2008-02-08 14:17, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
All right, this is really starting to piss me off. There are two different "noobs" people. Start learning the frickin' differences!

Newbie is a slang term for a newcomer to online gaming or an Internet activity. It can also be used for any other activity in whose context a somewhat clueless newcomer could exist. It can have derogatory connotations, but is also often used for descriptive purposes only, without a value judgment. The word "Noob" is commonly confused with the word "newbie". A noob is a person (no matter how experienced) that acts like an idiot, while a Newbie is a new player.

Yeah, they're lots of those noobs [I mean idiots] who are getting crap loads of rares too because they're lucky as hell.

Weeaboolits
Feb 8, 2008, 08:51 PM
I don't care what everyone else has, so long as I'm happy with mine.

Randomness
Feb 8, 2008, 11:58 PM
On 2008-02-08 17:51, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I don't care what everyone else has, so long as I'm happy with mine.

Yes, though it does sting a bit when you solo Grove S2, loot a Needle Cannon, and then come back 4 hours later to an Okiku Doll.

But then I come across all kinds of goodies in the forest today, so it all works out for me.

If I really cared about meseta, I'd be flooding the market with Love Letters at 1.5 mil a pop right now.

Weeaboolits
Feb 9, 2008, 01:37 AM
I never get okiku, I always get merculine.

Sord
Feb 9, 2008, 08:19 AM
On 2008-02-08 14:17, Nitro_Vordex wrote:

I wouldn't really say that's truthful at all. The word isn't even proper to begin with, it started on the internet and gets it's definition from the people who use it. I know others that see "n00b" as being the insult and "noob" just being a shorter word for noobie (newbie.) Maybe 10-15 years from now you can make that call, but till then, that in not qft. It's not even fact.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 9, 2008, 08:38 PM
It's on Wikipedia though, so it has to be true. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Anyway, it's true it isn't proper, but that's why it's considered slang, because it short for something or a different meaning of something and isn't really a proper word to use.
I personally stopped using it after I quit that shithole called Runescape.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 12, 2008, 04:44 PM
Never underestimate the exuberance of an ambitious idiot. Back in the old DCv1 PSO days, my wife once encountered a level 70, default HUmar, running around in Normal Forest. His inventory was full. His mag was level 5. He was using all his original equipment.

Over the course of 70 levels, this guy never even once played offline. He never joined anyone else's game. He never, not even once, went to Caves. He never sold anything he picked up, or even dropped anything on the ground. All he did, was kill regular, Normal-mode Forest mobs. For 70 levels. He might have fought the Dragon at some point. Possibly.

Randomness
Feb 12, 2008, 04:50 PM
On 2008-02-12 13:44, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Never underestimate the exuberance of an ambitious idiot. Back in the old DCv1 PSO days, my wife once encountered a level 70, default HUmar, running around in Normal Forest. His inventory was full. His mag was level 5. He was using all his original equipment.

Over the course of 70 levels, this guy never even once played offline. He never joined anyone else's game. He never, not even once, went to Caves. He never sold anything he picked up, or even dropped anything on the ground. All he did, was kill regular, Normal-mode Forest mobs. For 70 levels. He might have fought the Dragon at some point. Possibly.

My jaw just tunneled through the ground to China.

AlexCraig
Feb 12, 2008, 04:53 PM
That's.... depressing, almost...

darkante
Feb 12, 2008, 05:33 PM

OMG this just made my day.
That must have taken ages! XD

Abashi76
Feb 16, 2008, 05:48 PM
On 2008-02-12 14:33, darkante wrote:

OMG this just made my day.
That must have taken ages! XD

OMG, LMAO!!!!

He's probably just a little kid with too much time to waste. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Weeaboolits
Feb 16, 2008, 06:04 PM
I got to level 25 on my HUney before finishing forest 2, let's just say my first encounter with hildebears made me overestimate them.