PDA

View Full Version : where the hell is our update?

ITaiyshaX
Feb 5, 2008, 11:23 AM
when they gonna say us the date of the update.I think they had enough time to give us the update already.Is there someone who knows more,thnx.

Dhylec
Feb 5, 2008, 11:31 AM
I believe you're talking about the 360 version here, because the PC side is updated with the new content. 360 side is set to get un update a week later. See the main page or search for update topics here for details.

Lighthero
Feb 5, 2008, 11:31 AM
No, we don't now when the update is.It's probably this thursday like the usual updates take place. When not, I have no idea. So we just have to wait and see.

ANIMEniac
Feb 5, 2008, 11:41 AM
im sorry... but not getting this update in a timely matter as all sorts of BS, bug or no bug... =/

Addark
Feb 5, 2008, 11:43 AM
Apparently we have some quota to meet and we're going to have to keep running Winter Event until the Sonic Team is satisfied.

Doh42
Feb 5, 2008, 11:48 AM
Isn't microsoft regulating updates to only wednesdays...? Don't blame ST for all your trouble.

Zorak000
Feb 5, 2008, 12:09 PM
yeah, although there was a technical issue with the update, the M$ buracacy is still holding us back. (THIS HAD BETTER NOT TAKE AS LONG AS THE DEATH PEANALITY)

amtalx
Feb 5, 2008, 12:48 PM
On 2008-02-05 08:48, Doh42 wrote:
Don't blame ST for all your trouble.

LOL

Addark
Feb 5, 2008, 01:01 PM
On 2008-02-05 09:09, Zorak000 wrote:
yeah, although there was a technical issue with the update, the M$ buracacy is still holding us back. (THIS HAD BETTER NOT TAKE AS LONG AS THE DEATH PEANALITY)

If it took as long as the death penalty most of us gamers will have died of old age.

easy
Feb 5, 2008, 01:18 PM
its not new sega fucked up again no update

Sekani
Feb 5, 2008, 02:00 PM
Ever wonder why no other company on the planet has so many problems with "Microsoft Certification"? I'm not buying that excuse anymore.

Bliven
Feb 5, 2008, 02:08 PM
Ever notice how no company actually makes software changes to their games on xbox?

amtalx
Feb 5, 2008, 02:12 PM
On 2008-02-05 11:08, Bliven wrote:
Ever notice how no company actually makes software changes to their games on xbox?

So I guess the "There is a system update available." message that has apeared several times for...every single game that I own is just to waste my time?

Christmas
Feb 5, 2008, 02:40 PM
Do those games run completely on a separate server at least?

Addark
Feb 5, 2008, 02:45 PM
On 2008-02-05 11:12, amtalx wrote:

On 2008-02-05 11:08, Bliven wrote:

So I guess the "There is a system update available." message that has apeared several times for...every single game that I own is just to waste my time?

Aside from initial bug fixes... do you EVER see it again?

PekingDuck13
Feb 5, 2008, 03:02 PM
The thing I want to know is, do we just not get this specific update until the patch is fixed, or will we not get any more updates at all until its fixed? Like if we still don't have the patch by the time the Valentine's event starts, will we not get that either? Although, I see no reason for that to happen, I wouldn't put it past them.

Because if it's anything like the time they were going to fix the retry button, we may be waiting a very long time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PekingDuck13 on 2008-02-05 12:04 ]</font>

Sekani
Feb 5, 2008, 03:03 PM
Nearly every game has a few patches as well as tons of game-altering downloadable content that presumably all has to go through the Mircosoft Certification process. And still, PSU alone has had more issues with that than all those other games combined. I'm willing to give Sonic Team the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the challenges of maintaining a persistent online world, but their inability to get a fucking patch done on time (on multiple occasions) is no longer excusable.

Anduril
Feb 5, 2008, 03:03 PM
On 2008-02-05 12:02, PekingDuck13 wrote:
The thing I want to know is, do we just not get this specific update until the patch is fixed, or will we not get any more updates at all until its fixed? Like if we still don't have the patch by the time the Valentine's event starts, will we not get that either? Although, I see no reason for that to happen, I wouldn't put it past them.

It seems that that is how it's going to work... I'm sure they'll be able to push the patch through soon....Hopefully....

AC_Griff
Feb 5, 2008, 03:25 PM
The is a reason why the update hasnt come out yet and why the arlways problems like this on the 360
~Sonic Team is in fact made up of 7 people and a dog with the dog being in charge
~Sega are still pissed that the dreamcast failed which is why since the dreamcast the majority of Sega games have been crap

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC_Griff on 2008-02-05 12:27 ]</font>

mvffin
Feb 5, 2008, 04:02 PM
On 2008-02-05 12:02, PekingDuck13 wrote:
Because if it's anything like the time they were going to fix the retry button, we may be waiting a very long time.<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PekingDuck13 on 2008-02-05 12:04 ]</font>

wait, they 'fixed' the retry button? mine still doesn't work.

Seira7
Feb 5, 2008, 04:34 PM
What is confusing to me is why they couldnt put the regular update in (ie, juice exchange, etc) while they are holding off on the gacha fix etc update. to be approved by MS. Is this going to happen anytime were scheduled to receive new content? "Oh, btw, the robot fix is delayed, but we also cant give you routine updates as well...sorry...PC/PS2 will get them....sorry we forgot to give you HOLIDAY events on time"...*geesh*

If we dont receive any new content this week I guess Ill just take a break from PSU and chill out - because I will be a bit torked.

jobber
Feb 5, 2008, 04:48 PM
MS delayed the update because their crappy 360 red ring'd me during the first week of the winter event so I made a request to extend it an extra week to make it up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

true story

physic
Feb 5, 2008, 05:02 PM
most likely the difference is, planned and unplanned content, the planned content they can have ready in time for MS because its all scheduled far in advance, unplanned content is a different story, they have to make the code then wait for MS to certify it. Though i wouldnt be surprised if it all had something to do with teh craziness that occured recently, maybe they want to punish xbox, or maybe xbox is taking a tougher look at new content to make sure it meets their standard thus taking more time.
Buuut it all comes down to theory i suppose

Honey_Bot
Feb 5, 2008, 05:03 PM
bitch bitch whine whine whine, you people are never happy! but then again it is entertaining to see how wide spread ignorance is ^_^

GuardianElite
Feb 5, 2008, 05:05 PM
On 2008-02-05 14:03, Honey_Bot wrote:
bitch bitch whine whine whine, you people are never happy! but then again it is entertaining to see how wide spread ignorance is ^_^

Must be new to PSU?

Reipard
Feb 5, 2008, 05:06 PM
maybe they want to punish xbox

^
No company ever does crap like this. No, not even Sega.

Akaimizu
Feb 5, 2008, 05:08 PM
Actually, Square/Dream Factory did, and it cost them dearly.

Except it was more of a punish Westerners for their slow interest in Tobal by not releasing Tobal 2. Needless to say, Tobal 2 was great, but the ignorance of the company basically killed the series. (It could've been one of the big popular 3D fighters of our age, but such is history and now Tobal IS history.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-05 14:09 ]</font>

Christmas
Feb 5, 2008, 05:13 PM
On 2008-02-05 13:02, mvffin wrote
wait, they 'fixed' the retry button? mine still doesn't work.

The retry can work, but only on certain conditions. Even then it's just easier to disconnect and try logging back in.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Christmas on 2008-02-05 14:14 ]</font>

Seira7
Feb 5, 2008, 06:02 PM

but I have to whine, I really want this next update -I need a slutty outfit and a little boy PM to play with. Hopefully we will get caught up this week though~

GuardianElite
Feb 5, 2008, 06:06 PM
On 2008-02-05 15:02, Seira7 wrote:

but I have to whine, I really want this next update -I need a slutty outfit and a little boy PM to play with. Hopefully we will get caught up this week though giggity giggity gooo

Hey is that you Quagmire?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-02-05 15:07 ]</font>

Chuck_Norris
Feb 5, 2008, 06:16 PM
On 2008-02-05 08:43, Addark wrote:
Apparently we have some quota to meet and we're going to have to keep running Winter Event until the Sonic Team is satisfied.

Ya shouldn't of kept abandoning! D^:<

Seira7
Feb 5, 2008, 06:34 PM
Hopefully we will get caught up this week though giggity giggity gooo

Hey is that you Quagmire?

heh heh nice one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

sildragon
Feb 5, 2008, 07:41 PM
don't you think we would of heard about the update by now????

BlueMan
Feb 5, 2008, 11:17 PM
Well I missed almost half of the Winter event. Now I'm back trying to get some little goodies and lvl up my guntecher. I was shocked when i came back to see that the event was still going, but oh well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Christmas
Feb 6, 2008, 02:20 AM
Hibiki, stop being a bum and get leveling! Esther is going to crack that whip at you >.<

...(And poor Kain ; http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 6, 2008, 03:13 AM
On 2008-02-05 23:20, Christmas wrote:
Hibiki, stop being a bum and get leveling! Esther is going to crack that whip at you >.<

...(And poor Kain ; http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I'll whip you just for the hell of it now!

Down with Winter Event!!! Everybody stop running it already. A third of everybody else has. Go back to Seabed so we can do 5 minute runs now.

BlueMan
Feb 6, 2008, 04:28 AM
The winter event should be exclusive to me, but now my leveling partner is gone. They should definitely do away with it. O.o And i don't like whips in particular. Esther's may be an exception.

WhiteKnight01
Feb 6, 2008, 04:44 AM
if they took it down last week youd all be bitching about how hard it is to level, firebreak lasted ages and no one complained

BlueMan
Feb 6, 2008, 05:06 AM
I'm not bitching. I'm indifferent to the matter.

Christmas
Feb 6, 2008, 08:11 AM
On 2008-02-06 00:13, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:

On 2008-02-05 23:20, Christmas wrote:

I'll whip you just for the hell of it now!

Down with Winter Event!!! Everybody stop running it already. A third of everybody else has. Go back to Seabed so we can do 5 minute runs now.

Whip me.....or him? *runs and hides*

amtalx
Feb 6, 2008, 08:27 AM
The only good thing about the Winter Event going on too long is that the price of Needle Cannons continues to drop. Its nice having bullets for the gun that nobody loves. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif