PDA

View Full Version : Tunnel Recapture changes

desturel
Feb 5, 2008, 11:44 AM
Okay, about a month ago Tunnel Recapture was "rebalanced", but I never had the chance to play it because of Winter Event. Since I was sick of playing Winter Event and wanted to finish off Dugrega to 21, I popped by Tunnel Recapture to check out how things have changed.

If anyone wants to comment, please feel free to. I haven't "mapped out" tunnel recapture, so most of this is based off of my memories of the old run. Also I only did about 5 runs, so I didn't get every map variation.

Well, the first thing I noticed is that they removed all of the large creatures from the first block. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

No more Bil or Kog Nadd on the first block. I also haven't seen any Zoona in the run at all, but I've only seen two different maps so far. The replaced most of them with Lapucha (naval on other maps). ><

Friggin' Lapucha. This reminds me of the "rebalance" of Valley of Carnage where the replaced the Kog Nadd on the first block on some of the maps with Lapucha.

They also cut back on the Bul Buna. On some of the maps you would get 6 Bul Buna followed by 6 more Bul Buna. On that map instead I was getting 4 Bul Buna with 2 Naval followed by 4 more Bul Buna and 2 more Naval.

While the increase in Naval is nice for hunting armor (Rabol Dandan) the increase in 'pucha is just annoying. I don't really need more 'pucha shells and there already were plenty of 'pucha around in Mine Defense and VoC as is anyway.

Another change on the first block is that the one area where you would have to run down into another room to grab two containers has changed to a wall with the boxes behind a gate. This saves a few seconds of running since there were never any enemies in that room anyway.

The second block retains the large enemies, but I see less Zoona and more 'pucha again. They also added a warp/teleport for the map where you split off left and right to grab two keys. People who have run Tunnel Recapture alot know what I am talking about. When you first enter the second block, you fight four enemies and then come to two bridges. The one straight ahead has a gate and the bridge has one large bomb. The one to the left has two bombs and leads two another split path. The upper split path has the second Key #1. The lower split path has two large enemies (bil, kog, drua). Previously you would need to run to the left bridge, kill all of the creatures, get key #1 part 1, run back across the bridge. That the straight ahead bridge and unlock with both key #1, kill the enemy get key number two, run back across the two bridges, unlock the room, get blown up by a bomb and get the monomate that was in the three containers.

Now they shortened that process. After you kill the enemies and get key number 2, you don't have to backtrack, keep going forward and there's a teleport that will take you the front of the locked room for key #2, you unlock with key number 2, get blown up by the bomb, grab the monomate, then warp back to your previous location, saving you a few minutes of run time (if you ever bothered trying to get the stuff in that far room anyway)

Block 3 has been changed a bit to add few more Drua Gohra on S2. I'm not sure about the lower ranked runs as it's been a while since I've run Tunnel Recapture on anything lowers than S2 since I level up PAs there. Basically there were a few spots that had 2 Drua Gohra that now have 3. It's still a great place to level up your Grenades or Jabroga. Dugrega is a bit tougher since Drua tend to tail whip and Kog Nadd like to force you to block, but I was able to get Dugrega to 21 with little trouble.

Of course the map layout change probably means that the Darbelan layout is different, but honestly I've only seen Darbelan on Tunnel Recapture twice out of many hundreds of runs so there's a slim chance that I'll notice a difference.

Now I'm not sure if I should finish Dugrega off to 30 (protranser) on Mine Defense to hunt some Spicia or on Tunnel Recapture.