PDA

View Full Version : Megi TECHs

Kamiense
Feb 5, 2008, 01:34 PM
Megid.

Libram
Feb 5, 2008, 01:34 PM
Okie dokie, I have a question. My fT has one space open for a new PA, and I've decided to get myself a dark element attack. I'm just not sure which one I should get. I understand they all have their own pros and cons, but I would like some firsthand experience from those that have actually used them all. Which do you find yourself using more?

And on a slightly related note I have a different question. I'm pretty sure I remembered TECHNIC pronounced as 'tekneek' within the game, but I was looking at the word and thought it was more likely a combination of technical and magic, which makes sense seeing as how Techs in the Phantasy Star series were developed. In other words, TECHNIC is actually TECHNical magIC. Does anyone else think it should be pronounced 'teknik'?

Doh42
Feb 5, 2008, 01:50 PM
Technic is TECHNical MagIC? I was under the impression TECHs where just, you know, techniques; pratical application of science.
Like boiling water causes steam, agitating atoms cause heat and dilatation, freezing and heating repeatedly an object will cause it to crack, etc.

Aren't most "FO"s scientists/scholars?

As far as dark-element techs go, I'd say Megid too, especially if you only want one.

Hrith
Feb 5, 2008, 02:07 PM
Ramegid is an excellent spell, and has a rare SE for tech users, and even rarer to apply on light monsters.

Megid may or may not kill robots faster than Diga/Nosdiga/Gidiga/Radiga.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hrith on 2008-02-05 11:09 ]</font>

darkante
Feb 5, 2008, 02:13 PM
On 2008-02-05 11:07, Hrith wrote:
Ramegid is an excellent spell, and has a rare SE for tech users, and even rarer to apply on light monsters.

Megid may or may not kill robots faster than Diga/Nosdiga/Gidiga/Radiga.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hrith on 2008-02-05 11:09 ]</font>

Depends on location..you donīt want to use ground spells on Grove of Fanatics S2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kietrinia
Feb 5, 2008, 02:29 PM
Nosmegid is nice after it gets to 21+. Has a knockdown effect, but only hits two critters at a time. Tracks a target, even into the air.

Megid can tear robots up and is penetrating. It just seems lacking in damage compared to the others IMHO.

Ramegid has a nice confusion effect for mobs, and has okay damage.

Dammegid is about as useful as the other Dam-TECHs, except it has dark damage and has a chance to add the virus status effect (supah-poison).

Megiverse is just...annoying. x.x

Anduril
Feb 5, 2008, 02:36 PM
Of the Dark TECHs I have I prefer Ramegid (though this is only because I don't play enough to rack up insane amounts of PA frags. Since starting in March I've only obtained roughly 170 frags, 99 used for Giresta, 30 for Majarra, and 41 sitting in my PM.) It's a nice TECH and I find the confuse very helpful especially with large mobs, having them be distracted on one another gives plenty of time to concentrate on healing, or singling out a specific target.

_Vyser_
Feb 5, 2008, 03:40 PM
Ramegid if you don't have the frags. Megid if you do. Megid has a high tech modifier for the type of tech it is.

Randomness
Feb 5, 2008, 04:32 PM
On 2008-02-05 11:29, Kietrinia wrote:

Megid can tear robots up and is penetrating. It just seems lacking in damage compared to the others IMHO.

Megid, at level 1, has equivalent strength to Barta at 17. Easily the strongest tech of its type.

Sasamichan
Feb 5, 2008, 05:12 PM

Megiverse was awsome until AoI was released.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 5, 2008, 05:51 PM
Wait, so TECNIC is a comboniation of Technique and Magic? I had no idea, I'm serious, I thought it was just a purposeful misspelling of the word 'technique'. ._.

Zorak000
Feb 5, 2008, 06:26 PM
On 2008-02-05 14:12, Sasamichan wrote:

Megiverse was awsome after AoI was released.

fixed

Megiverse used to just damage enemeys and allowed them to move freely to kill you

now it has the same twitch ability as all the dam techs, so now I can use it more easily without worrying about getting my butt kicked by p---ed off monsters

Inazuma
Feb 5, 2008, 07:07 PM
you can learn more than 36 PAs. select one of your equipped PAs and choose to turn it back into disc form. it will save the level, so dont worry. limiting yourself to only 1 dark tech isnt ver smart, since they all have different situations when they are the best tech to use.

and i dunno why the eng ver spells it "TECHNIC". the jp ver writes it normally as "technique" (using japanese characters). anyway, its pronounced the same way as "technique".

batokage
Feb 5, 2008, 08:11 PM
I had no idea about Megiverse's current awesomeness. (I'll have to get it now XD)

But my suggestion would be,...ya, megid. Its a very useful spell, as others have mentioned already. It is quite powerful for a piercing tech, and the instant death chance on top of the damage rocks. Also, it became actually practical to use it after we got the tech readjustments, since now it has a more reasonable pp cost (used to be like 50pp per cast at lvl 1).

MSAksion
Feb 5, 2008, 08:12 PM
This is a message from a friend of mine without a PSO-account LOL.

Komugi Nakahara writes;

"Since the AOI update, Megid has pretty much exploded in usefulness. The LV21+ power of Megid now costs ~40PP less, and the STA rebalance has made it possible for Megid to kill instantly much more often than before, where even Status 3 Incapacitation was only effective on enemies with >20 STA (i.e., Ageetas, Badiras, Navals, and the various robots, with the exception of Stateria and the Grinna Bete/Shinowa Hidoki/Bete Grude series).

Even so, what makes Megid so strong is not the status, but the sheer power of the attack. LV30 Megid has a TP modifier of 165%, and LV40 Megid will cap at 175%, making it the strongest piercing linear TECHNIC, and second strongest Dark-element TECHNIC in terms of base stat strength, second only to Nosmegid. In comparison to Ramegid (the only other ranged Dark-element TECHNIC), it has only a slightly higher TP modifier, but gains the ability to hit an infinite number of targets over a greater distance. As a linear TECHNIC, it lacks the great disadvantage of being held in place of Nosmegid, and therefore has a better rate of fire, and can be used more often because of its ease of use. While it starts out almost embarassingly, as it gains levels, it grows considerably in size and in speed. Level 31 Megid lacks Status 4 Incapacitation, but the damage it does is more than enough to clear out many tightly grouped enemies.

It is a solid PA for any ~Techer class (with the exception of Guntecher, as they have firearms that can do the same things more efficiently) as a strong ranged attack, for clearing a room of robotic enemies, or tagging through a clustered group of enemies."

Plus its so badass XD Yes that is Megid 31+ from a psycho wand back during winter event. Komugi must have it near 40 now.

[spoiler-box]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj296/AksionTeam/2008-01%20Mahou%2001/Komugimegid01psu20080127_000257_019.jpg[/spoiler-box]
OHH so pretty till it hits you. Good thing i'm not on the receiving end of that monster spell. Scare your Friends and make enemies fear you.
[spoiler-box]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj296/AksionTeam/2008-01%20Mahou%2001/komugimegid02psu20080127_000257_020.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Its like DEATH in Ball Form! And the Size makes it even easier to hit things.
[spoiler-box]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj296/AksionTeam/2008-01%20Mahou%2001/Komugimegid03psu20080127_000301_023.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Look at the damage to 6 enemies in a line and they aren't even Light monsters.
[spoiler-box]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj296/AksionTeam/2008-01%20Mahou%2001/komugimeigd04psu20080127_000301_024.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Dragwind
Feb 5, 2008, 08:49 PM
I prefer Dammegid

ilovetypemoon
Feb 5, 2008, 10:12 PM
On 2008-02-05 17:49, Dragwind wrote:
I prefer Dammegid

I'd have to agree. Megid is great for what it is, but not easy to utilize while soloing or for the quicker enemies. Also, when you only have one or 2 enemy to deal with, megid is inefficient. Ramegid has great range and quick casting, but really only good when enemies are further away from you or right in front of your target reticle. It's not too fun when the enemy moves slightly to the left or right and the ramegid activates somewhere 10 feet away. Dammegid is a DPS machine with infection. It can hit a lot of targets if they are clustered and damages rapidly. Plus, it keep the enemies stunned at their place which is good for soloing purposes.

Although I see no reason to get this if you have any other Dam-skills since they should work just as well.

Libram
Feb 5, 2008, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the input, everyone. Looks like I'll be getting Megid when I gather enough frags.

I guess I could be wrong about the whole TECHNIC thing, but I was always under the impression that Techs in previous Phantasy Stars excluding the first were practical scientific application that were accessible to every single person as a means to bypass the fact that only a select few people could actually use true magic. Lutz/Noah did this to aid in the future struggle against Dark Falz and the Profound Darkness.

Sexy_Raine
Feb 5, 2008, 11:03 PM
If you're looking for something that lv's fast and is very useful in battle, choose dammegid. It gets Infection lv3 at lv31 and has highest damage % of any Dam-tech. 160% at lv40.

Ramegid is good too, but I suggest you do Dammegid first

If you got a lot of time and 99 Frags, then go with megid.

Nosmegid is ok, but you don't really need it. Esp. if you only plan to get one dark tech

Don't even bother with Megiverse

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-02-05 20:04 ]</font>