PDA

View Full Version : I'm having a hard time deciding classes.

Addark
Feb 5, 2008, 02:47 PM
I have a level 15 male CAST and I've said for a while that I was going to make him a Protranser, but after looking at the list of weapons available, I wasn't too sure anymore. Acrofighter seems like a good option for a CAST, after looking at it, but I already kind of have a half-Acrofighter human.

x__X Any suggestions, aside from Fortegunner? What are the pros and cons?

I should probably at LEAST get to Protranser so I can try it out, hey?

darkante
Feb 5, 2008, 02:49 PM
Depends sorely of what kind of weapons you want..melee kind..ranged..?

Give more info please.

Anduril
Feb 5, 2008, 02:51 PM
I would say Fighgunner or just go with Protranser. Either way you'll have decent ATP and great ATA, and you'll be able to bring out the Melee and Ranged potential of both classes. It really all depends on if you want heavy weapons with all traps, or faster light weapons with some traps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-02-05 11:51 ]</font>

Addark
Feb 5, 2008, 04:56 PM
On 2008-02-05 11:49, darkante wrote:
Depends sorely of what kind of weapons you want..melee kind..ranged..?

Give more info please.

Statistically, what else takes advantage of a CAST's stat set best? I'd like to see what else is working for other people and see if that'd fit my playstyle better.

Itchee
Feb 5, 2008, 05:03 PM
Ive always been a CAST gunner....since way back when in the PSO days...so, im a little biased towards ForteGunner...although it really is nothing more than mindless button mashing. If that doesnt bother you...ranged weapons will be your friend. GunTecher is also nice to sprinkle in a bit of support spells here and there. CASTs have the best accuracy of all the races...so a gun will always be effective in your hands. We CASTs hit relatively hard too....so if you decide to wield a melee weapon...you wont be completely terrible with it. The only real place a CAST doesnt belong is in a ForteTecher role. Unless you want to waste a buncha money on equipment to help you not be gimped...thats a class best left for the Newmans.

Doh42
Feb 5, 2008, 05:04 PM
I'd say CASTs can make a great anything in this game. You'll struggle more if you go FT, but bar that option, everything else comes naturally to the race that is best or 2nd best on almost all stats that matter.

But then again: lolstats. Play what you think your cast looks best doing. Is he big and bulky? Try a Fortefighter and "tank" with him? Is he lithe and agile? Go for fighgunner, acrofighter? Is he mysterious, with floating gadgets everywhere? Guntecher, Wartecher, Acrotecher, Fortecher? Is he a trickster? Use traps a lot on Protancer or Fortegunner?

JarinKail
Feb 5, 2008, 05:19 PM
ACROtecher! *clap clap clapclapclap*

ACROtecher! *clap clap clapclapclap*

My CAST Acrotecher rules. 1000+ on a level 15 resta with a 5/9 Serdote + Shifta/Deband/Retier = woooooo baby.

Addark
Feb 5, 2008, 05:26 PM
On 2008-02-05 14:04, Doh42 wrote:
I'd say CASTs can make a great anything in this game. You'll struggle more if you go FT, but bar that option, everything else comes naturally to the race that is best or 2nd best on almost all stats that matter.

But then again: lolstats. Play what you think your cast looks best doing. Is he big and bulky? Try a Fortefighter and "tank" with him? Is he lithe and agile? Go for fighgunner, acrofighter? Is he mysterious, with floating gadgets everywhere? Guntecher, Wartecher, Acrotecher, Fortecher? Is he a trickster? Use traps a lot on Protancer or Fortegunner?

Hah. Maybe. He's big and ... Not really bulky or slender. If I had PC I'd screenshot him but he has the Boktos/block arms and the Revsys legs, so he's just kinda.. Gundamish. >__> But it'd be amusing to see him with a whip.

Jarin - See THIS is why I posted. XD I had NOT considered a CAST Acrotecher, at all. And wooow. If I just focus on buffing and healing, which is all Ican stand to do anyway, it could be amazing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Zorafim
Feb 5, 2008, 05:29 PM
A strage request. Really.
If you only like melee weapons, go fF. If you only like ranged weapons, go fG. If you want a mixture, go with FG. If you want a quick hybrid, and don't mind weak weapons, go with AF.

How are we supposed to know which class you should have?

pikachief
Feb 5, 2008, 05:31 PM
my cast is PT/FG try it out it should be fine http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Addark
Feb 5, 2008, 05:40 PM
On 2008-02-05 14:29, Zorafim wrote:
A strage request. Really.
If you only like melee weapons, go fF. If you only like ranged weapons, go fG. If you want a mixture, go with FG. If you want a quick hybrid, and don't mind weak weapons, go with AF.

How are we supposed to know which class you should have?

Just looking for personal input, really.

DEM_CIG
Feb 5, 2008, 05:49 PM
My Cast is a Fortefighter, Fighgunner, Guntecher, an Protranster... I like all for of those classes... so i say any class u pic is gona be good, and u can always be both to...

JarinKail
Feb 5, 2008, 06:22 PM
AF is a fun class but I hate relying on mates to heal and *-ides to buff myself. As an AT I still have great melee power, especially with a good saber and whip and it never gets too boring... like fG.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 5, 2008, 06:23 PM
My CAST does everything but Wartecher, Acrotecher, and Fortetecher. That's what I have Humans for :3