PDA

View Full Version : G-colony transfer & burning ranger stuff

Marche
Feb 5, 2008, 07:01 PM
I do know the G-colony is the default setting, but a question.

I have collected many sets of the items needed to make this room ticket. do any of you think it would be profitable?

My thinking is that people might not like the way the outside of the window looks, and want to return to the original outer space look.

also, do you think the "burning ranger" stuff we can make next update will be profitable (such as the BR CD, poster, protien can, etc.)

I only ask because I feel like my collecting of the needed items is meseta wasted.

Randomness
Feb 5, 2008, 07:07 PM
I would expect that the stuff will rocket up in price initially, before settling down. Though, none of the items for the Moatoob move pass are exactly rare in any way....

Spacepest
Feb 5, 2008, 07:08 PM
The only way I could really see people wanting the GColony move pass is if one of two things happened when a player used it:
1. The flying spaceship cutscene is completely eliminated, which is what happens when someone uses a Parum transfer, and
2. The outer space scenery changes a to something a little bit different than what we have now--maybe like a meteor shower or a planet whizzing by.

Marche
Feb 5, 2008, 07:08 PM
I noticed the moatoob items are expensive as heck already.

what do you mean?

of course, I am broke, so you're version of expensive might be different than mine :B

Marche
Feb 5, 2008, 08:22 PM
On 2008-02-05 16:08, Spacepest wrote:
The only way I could really see people wanting the GColony move pass is if one of two things happened when a player used it:
1. The flying spaceship cutscene is completely eliminated, which is what happens when someone uses a Parum transfer, and
2. The outer space scenery changes a to something a little bit different than what we have now--maybe like a meteor shower or a planet whizzing by.

dang, that puts me in a bad spot

I HATE that spaceship thingy

WhiteKnight01
Feb 6, 2008, 07:29 AM
im glad when i started playing i was such a horder iv just enough to move to parum and motoob but im holding out for neu

RedMussel
Feb 6, 2008, 08:31 AM
You can make all the Moatoob items, for Parum (like the Beetle) you need to hunt for.

Spacepest
Feb 6, 2008, 01:14 PM
Yes, you can synth all the Moatoob items. The boards and ingredients for the Moatoob Khazla and Sotets are available from the synth shop. The Lapucha and Vanda can be easily synthed as well; their material drops can be easily picked up from any Moatoob mission, even those as low as C level. Their boards are also available in the shop.

The only reason I think Khazla and Sotets are so expensive in player shops is because most players tend to forget you can synth them from store bought items.

Its a shame the drop rate on beetles for the Parum ticket weren't such a PITA to find. I wish Sega would just increase the drop rate for the beetle, or change the requirements at the exchange counter, so that the lady would except stag beetles also in place of regular beetles.

I really hope we get the Moatoob tickets soon. I just want to get rid of the annoying spaceship cutscene when I travel, and I don't want to have to spend millions of meseta to do it!

RS
Feb 6, 2008, 05:38 PM
On 2008-02-06 10:14, Spacepest wrote:
I just want to get rid of the annoying spaceship cutscene when I travel, and I don't want to have to spend millions of meseta to do it!

You can skip that cutscene with a push of a button.

Zorak000
Feb 6, 2008, 07:00 PM
On 2008-02-06 14:38, RS wrote:

I just want to get rid of the annoying spaceship cutscene when I travel, and I don't want to have to spend millions of meseta to do it!

but can you skip loading the cutscene with a push of a button?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorak000 on 2008-02-06 16:00 ]</font>

BFGfreak
Feb 6, 2008, 07:01 PM
The only reason I think Khazla and Sotets are so expensive in player shops is because most players tend to forget you can synth them from store bought items.

Quiet, how do you think I'm making all my money http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Marche
Feb 6, 2008, 07:01 PM
On 2008-02-06 16:00, Zorak000 wrote:

On 2008-02-06 14:38, RS wrote:

but can you skip loading the cutscene with a push of a button?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorak000 on 2008-02-06 16:00 ]</font>

honestly, its not that annoying if you press fast enough

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 6, 2008, 08:01 PM
The PPT Shuttle cutscenes are incredibly annoying, despite being a very minor thing. Really, games like this don't need cutscenes except in story mode. I shouldn't have to wait for useless cutscenes to load when they're only gonna be skipped anyway. It's not even an impressive or cool cutscene. Maybe if it involved having a view from inside the shuttle it'd be different (but still needing to be skipped http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)...

It's just one of those little things that gets piled on with other annoying little things, like how bosses die in unimpressive game-engine cutscenes that have to load (!) instead of just dying in realtime. Ya know? After dealing iwth it for many months, it gets more irritating than people may think.

Spacepest
Feb 7, 2008, 12:16 AM
On 2008-02-06 17:01, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
The PPT Shuttle cutscenes are incredibly annoying, despite being a very minor thing. Really, games like this don't need cutscenes except in story mode. I shouldn't have to wait for useless cutscenes to load when they're only gonna be skipped anyway. It's not even an impressive or cool cutscene. Maybe if it involved having a view from inside the shuttle it'd be different (but still needing to be skipped http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)...

Or, at least if you're stuck on the shuttle, different views from inside it, plus random passengers NPCs spawning that chat randomly might be a bit fun. (I'd love to see Bruce get airsick and reach for a barf bag).

Sinue_v2
Feb 7, 2008, 01:15 AM
I actually like the spaceship cutscene. It adds a small bit of immersion to an otherwise very disjointed and segmented world. And personally, I'd get rid of the PPT caseal who warps you around for a fee. Instead, I'd make her a rental agent for Floaders, Land Floaders (as seen in early promo movies, and the opening cutscene to AoI Offline), Striker Tanks, etc. Have it take ONE mission to get to any lobby by vehicle - but the farther you have to go - the more areas the mission has. They can set the price by the vehicle. Airboards/Lungas would be cheap - but slower and no defense. Floaders/LandFloaders would be mid-teir. Striker Tanks would be the most expensive.

That wouldn't be a bad idea. Basically just replace the ring of textures outside the window with a moving panorama to mimick the rotation of the Guardian Colony. Include a view of the planets, or at least Parum. Maybe have shuttles zipping back and forth as well. Liven it up a little bit for Christ's sake.

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 7, 2008, 10:47 AM
On 2008-02-06 22:15, Sinue_v2 wrote:
I actually like the spaceship cutscene. It adds a small bit of immersion to an otherwise very disjointed and segmented world.
I feel absolutely no sense of immersion when I'm forced to sit outside the vehicle I'm riding and looking at it from arbitrary views. I think that cutscene deserves to die unless it actually TRIES to be immersive, like, say, letting me inside the shuttle. To each his own, I guess.

And personally, I'd get rid of the PPT caseal who warps you around for a fee. Instead, I'd make her a rental agent for Floaders, Land Floaders (as seen in early promo movies, and the opening cutscene to AoI Offline), Striker Tanks, etc. Have it take ONE mission to get to any lobby by vehicle - but the farther you have to go - the more areas the mission has. They can set the price by the vehicle. Airboards/Lungas would be cheap - but slower and no defense. Floaders/LandFloaders would be mid-teir. Striker Tanks would be the most expensive.
I like being able to teleport wherever I please since running through the pointless missions the old-fashioned way actually managed to be MORE boring than running around in a real MMORPG. I like your idea of being required to use vehicles though...except they need an overhaul to be any fun. (I still remember how horrible those strikers were. Doesn't anyone know how to make decent tank gameplay anymore?)

That wouldn't be a bad idea. Basically just replace the ring of textures outside the window with a moving panorama to mimick the rotation of the Guardian Colony. Include a view of the planets, or at least Parum. Maybe have shuttles zipping back and forth as well. Liven it up a little bit for Christ's sake.

They ALREADY livened up the Colony room's view. In vanilla PSU it used to be just a sprinkling of crackpowdered sugar sprinkled onto a small square of black construction which was put on a scanner and then copied and pasted a bunch of times. You didn't even need to look closely at the obvious copy-and-paste job they did. In AoI, there's more stars (and it's more difficult to see the copy-and-paste job of the star map, so to speak), at least one nebula, and the occasional shooting star that passes by. If your room has more than one winddow, I THINK you see something different out that window. While it's not quite as cool yall want, it's a start at least.

DarthLasek
Feb 7, 2008, 11:10 AM
wait..the next update is when we can set our room to a certain planet?...I was thinking about GC because I do HIVES all the time...or parum >_>;;